WHY

just why are companies doing this fake exhaust thing?

even on expensive cars, where this trend is actually more noticeable

is it too difficult to make it real?

Its cheaper, and normies dont notice/care

Its still real fucking heresy

People actually buy cars based on minor details like this. Oddly enough they would prioritise cosmetic dual exhausts over reliability.

People are that stupid, and manufacturers have only recently discovered that a minor tweak like this can convince plebs to buy said car whilst knowing nothing abuot said car or brand

That's probably a diesel

i want to cum on those figs

that ball hitch scares me, why is it upside down? I wouldn't tow shit with that for fear that one bump would sick off the load...

i can understand that gimmick on a middle class hatchback, but on really expensive cars, where buyers actually know where they money goes? audi r8, ferrari california, mercedes s-class

to be fair, cosmetic dual exhaust with a single fake pipe is going to be more reliable and cheaper than trying to rig the exhaust to have two pipes when it doesn't need it

Exactly, this is another thing I love about the new m cars, they’re not getting into this faggy rectangular exhaust tip meme

Holy fuck that is so god damn chea.
No way is this an AMG.

plastic grill bullshit on the rear like some civic rice shit
>dont even bother to fit a 40 dollar exhaust tip on there to at least make ONE of the two fake tips not have a cheap exhaust metal tube on obvious display

JUST PUT THE PIPE IN THE HOLE GODDAMN IT WHYYYYYYYYY?!

HAI SHMEEE HERE

GLA45 AMG has it

if your car can't use two pipes, dont put two pipes on it
its that simple and it looks less cheap than having condensation coming from only one pipe during the winter

why are people obsessed with the pipes being on opposite sides?

Cars like these are aimed at people like this, do you really expect them to notice?

>ferrari california
I see Ferraris all the time here, but it's depressing that it's the most common one.

because of this

Nope. The petrol cars have them. $100K Lexus has them

i see a lot of new 4 bangers with duals exhausts when many older v8s didn't even have them, seems like it would add a lot of weight, feggin why?

This annoys me more. You got chrome """""exhaust""""" at the end but it's just slipped on inside of it. Disgusting.

why is it so hard for car makers to do exhaust tips right?

who knew mall crawlers were also sleepers

see Blame the safety regulations

Why doesn't pic catch fire?

It's expensive to integrate exhuasts into a bumper (because it needs to be metal) but the cutouts still look cool.

Normies just don’t look under there. Even though my car doesn’t have the fake tips I still had a look under one of the cars in the showroom just cause I was bored

Speaking of reliability I saw two broken down camrys on the way home today. I maintain that people buy camrys because “they’re reliable” and “don’t need maintenance all the time”.

Well there you go. Now you know all cars need maintenance. Or maybe they’ll just buy a new Camry this time. Some people never learn..

I just realised something. By putting the actual exhaust tip back there, the fake one never gets dirty.
Makes a difference for normies. It’s even worth cleaning your exhaust tip when selling a car. Make everything look clean and new looking

Ding ding

Those are fake too Bro. Sorry to brake it to you. The actual tips are an inch or two back from those, they are entirely cosmetic.

Did you meant that as a right example?

Same for fake grills and vents.

Pretty sure thats an aftermarket exhaust on there

no.

Porsche is the only company that keep this shit real. No fake shit like all the rest of the normie manufacturers.

Really? That’s a shame. Regular SS or SSV Redline models have no such faggotry included

There is still some faggotry going on there, why do you think people put aftermarket exhausts on their holdens?

What, the bimodal?
That shits’ allowed; totally legit. Case closed

Fake ones aren't going to get all sooty.

How the fuck would diesel justify anything you fucking waeboo?

why do they pointlessly go into 2 on each muffler?
the sv6 unironically looks better.

>pointlessly going into 2 on each side
K I know what you mean now.
Yeah that is a bit unnecessary. Makes it easier to spot as a v8 too, kind of annoying

Diesels have downturned tips

petrols do the same. see

I think there was something that diesel cars in the EU have to have their exhausts facing down.

Wrong. They are fake too.

How are they fake? Because they have mufflers?

Realer than you fuccboi

porsche...and corvette

The WRX and STI still have real quad exhaust tips, lol

Any idea when this was made a rule, if it ever was?
Mine is an '03 and have a quite straight one

Hahahah it's even visible in their promotional photo

Jesus fucking christ

This. I used to release exhausts at GM and remember when through fascia exhausts were becoming a think. Problem is the whole system expands and shakes... you have to build clearance in for all that, and to keep from heat damaging fascia. I’ve since lost track of these designs and am sitting here laughing at how stupid it is, but it is much cheaper, and frankly looks better bc clearances are tighter.

>A normal exhaust is bad because fire might come out which is dangerous
>So we will design it so if that happens it comes out underneath the car instead

I don't follow

The problem with Camry owners is that they drive them with infrequent or no maintenance until they do break. Toyotas will still do things like run out of oil or have a coolant line go loose.

What exactly was wrong with this? A pipe that goes from a bank of cylinders to a silencer box to an exhaust tip or just regular end of pipe?

Diesel tips are turned down because the exhaust gas temperature is much higher than with a gasoline engine. This is also the reason why you should not use a turbo from a Diesel engine on a gasoline motor (Poorfag holset users looking at you.) there isn’t enough thermal energy from the gas engines EGT to operate the turbo efficiently

No cat. Enjoy prison.

Why would you go to priso for not owning a cat?

Land of the free I take it?

Regulations won't allow exhaust to leave the body of the car that's why

>inb4 "muh quality"

Get over it, it is a nice workaround and it looks fine.

t. someone with a cuck exhaust

>Regulations won't allow exhaust to leave the body of the car
Wat?

Diesels actually have lower exhaust temperatures, because they don't burn the entire air.
What is much higher is the mass-flow at partial load, because they adjust output by injecting less fuel into the fully filled cylinder rather than putting less air into the cylinder as gasoline engines do. Diesels can also take much more boost (reliably).
For the turbo, that means that a whole lot of air comes out of a diesel engine, compared to a gasoline one, especially when not running with wide open throttle. Mass flow is the main factor for spooling the turbo.

Yes they will

This is as close as mine gets, just the exhaust tips themselves.

Custom tips are fine when compared to that fake shit on bumpers.

Looks like a facehugger

Yeah your gonna pay for it though

Even the fucking Mercs are doing it now with the SUV's... I'm fucking disgusted by it, mostly because I work for Mercedes.

lol these aren't even lined up, what the fuck
how does that not fuck up the bumper

We even asked Mercedes corporate why they would do this, the response was that linking the exhaust with the exhaust tips makes them dirty...

Jesus, I didn't realize this problem is so widespread. Is there a reliable way to know what cars have this without finding one in person and getting down on your knees to take a look?

Hiring someone to get down on their knees and take a look

know what i hate
this fake diffuser thing thats being done too
like a pathetic little cutout painted dark gery with tiny strakes molded on is going to do anything, it doesnt even look good its just dumb.

and fake air intakes, i swear modern cars dont have bumpers anymore just lots of fake grilles that dont go anywhere and hurt the aerodynamics, how much air does a 100hp hybrid cuckbox need to pretend to suck in?

dont get me wring i think it looks bad, butt i believe they do this so they don't end up ,melting the area around the "fake" exhaust pipes. At least that is why the GT350 has this pipe in a pipe crap too

The reason they do this is because the exhaust pipe constantly vibrates if you fix into position it's going to destroy itself and need to be replaced a lot sooner than if it were freely hanging with room to move

some people have posted some good reasons why they dont want the exhaust to actually be in the bumper like that, but heres one thing theres no good answer for.
why have a fake exhaust tip??
it just looks stupid, wouldnt the car look nicer with nothing there and the exhaust being hidden?

i refuse to believe the gt350 has that
thats gross

High quality can't be cheap. That's the main issue here. Manufacturers will produce low quality crap and the basic normie consumer will buy it because it is cheap. Modern cars start looking like props with all that nonfunctional, low quality design standards.

Just look at that shit. I'm surprised every time when I'm seeing one of those on the streets. People are actually buying that crap.

wew

That image is stupid as fuck, I don't know why people keep reposting it.

The melting is often times actually intentional and some fucked up idiots even do it manually with torches because they think it looks badass.

>exhaust pointed downwards all cuck-like
>end up with less downforce when accelerating

unibody design
independent rear suspension

These integrated exhausts are fucking ugly.
Nothing quiet as erotic as a nice exhaust poking up and out.

I miss the 70's.

>poking out
Hell naw. That shit never looks good.
Needs to be flush

Your cock must be soft as fuck dude.

>muh dick

If your dick isn't rock hard by now you're a faggot dude.

I’m sorry m8 but from that angle the whole car looks ugly as fuck

If it mean I’m a homo bring on the dick

But you fucking think this exhaust looks good?
It's a fucking gaping asshole.
It's like it's afraid to come out and play, like it's fucking too cold out or something.
Don't let your exhaust be a turtle in it's shell.
Let it be a rock hard cock reaching out and towards the sky.
Be proud of your exhaust.