Why is the R32 the best car ever made in the world?

Why is the R32 the best car ever made in the world?

Why is the R34 the best car ever made in the world?

because you played gran turismo as a child

it's not

wow are you implying that 60/40 weight distribution, fucked up oil pumps for the 89-92 models, wet sump that starves the pickup as soon as you start pulling serious Gs with semislicks, severe blowby/oil getting stuck in the head at sustained high RPM, significant front lift characteristics, and a floppy chassis doesn't make for the greatest car to ever walk the earth?

It's almost like it is impossible to pick a best car because all metrics for measuring greatness are subjective, fuckboi

>60:40 rwd
These rwd swap civics are really getting out of hand

Don't get me wrong, the R32 GT-R is a fun car, but let's not sit here and pretend it's some god machine.

If you look too closely at any given car you're going to realize how imperfect everything is.

yep. it really lost it's shine for me when I got my ass in an FD

You actually drove an FD? What's it like to drive one?

Not the other guy.Its the shit

It's like people don't actually know that an iron block inline 6 does catastrophic things to weight distribution if you don't push it far back towards the center of gravity, which then makes the car longer to be able to fit everything else around it, which makes the R33.

Yeah, I think the NSX and FD are better from a pure driving sense, but the R32/R33/R34 are more practical. The R33 has real back seats and can actually fit 4 people if they aren't all 6'3", a solid trunk as well. There's a bunch of missing space because the battery and other electronics are hanging out behind the rear seats but it's still more practical.

I owned one for a few months. It was stock but it's MUCH easier to drive fast, and much smoother. Made the GTR seem like a fat kid running up and down stairs. The best advice I have for anyone looking to buy one is to dump the stock seat for a bucket. Night and day difference, the stock seats are fucking garbage

wowzers. That's a pretty clean fd

Oh yeah for sure the Skyline is a much more practical car, it's just a faster version of a normal coupe.

if the FD was much better to drive, what made you keep the r32 over it?

t. looking to buy an FD in the next year, and an R33 in 2020

Believe it or not it had a mere 6500km on it when I bought it. Mileage history on the title and all.

Selling it is by far my biggest regret, but I made 10k so that was nice.

Looks amazing!

The 32 was old enough to be imported and I had already put so much into it that I kept it instead.

Have you driven a stock:

>R33
>R34
>NSX (NA1)
>A80 (RZ)

If any of the above, how do they compare? Thoughts? Opinions?

Now comes the real question. Was it worth it more to you to have the money or have the car? I ask because I've sold cars before but I'm not sure how I feel about the decisions yet.

>tfw my friend got sent to japan and im stuck in bangor

what the fuck man, i want a clean ass FD

>>R33
once, but the owner was very strict on how it was driven I didn't get to push it at all. Just felt like a bigger version of my car. 95 MNP Vspec
>>R34
No
>>NSX (NA1)
I wish
>>A80 (RZ)
Yes. Giant car, very nose heavy, not very fast. But they are good looking cars.

at the time, the money because it allowed me to go to my last drift Matsuri at Ebisu with a ton of extra money to be alright with totaling the car I bought for it.

My gf is in boot camp for the USN and once she's out we're getting married and praying for orders to Yokosuka. She had this FD when we met.

>have an r32
>have a gf
i swear if shes a qt azn i might kill myself. your life is too good.

whats her rate?

>giant
FR-Ses are giant now? Kek.

>not fast
An RZ? Manual? Are you sure? Or are you just talking about sensation of speed? Because this can get benchracey very quickly.

She white lol, her rate is ABE. She picked it and knows what she signed up for.

JZA80's feel gigantic on the inside which made the entire car feel huge IMO. Yes it was an RZ. TT 6 speed?

ABE? nice.

knowing how the navy does orders though, i wouldnt be surprised if she got sent to norfolk. just like my sub vol friend who had san diego as his first choice.

Yeah I told her that if they so like I did in the AF, where we had to create our dream sheet in basic, do NOT put any CONUS bases. But AD is always a crapshoot on where you're going. I fully expect to go to Norfolk or San Diego first lmao

I've driven a stock R33. The turbo lag on the R33 and R34 is going to be real. If you can't handle the feeling of a low compression 2.6L NA engine at ~2500 RPM you're going to be disappointed. The only way to fix it is HKS VCAM or an RB25 NVCS head swap. On super tight touge roads you're going to be wondering where the power is on the stock 5 speed, the gearing is just too tall for that kind of stuff.

The gearbox is also pretty mediocre. The Nissan 5 speed is just not that great. If I get an R33 it's getting a Getrag 6 speed swap. Synchros felt weak and the gates were kind of vague.

The center gauges are useless if you're driving, only useful to passengers to have fun looking at a boost gauge go up and down.

Did you find the steering feedback to be significantly worse on the R33? I've heard a lot of people claim the steering on the R33 is garbage but my reference is the F80 M3 and a 1994 Camry and I felt like it had a lot more feedback than either while not being ridiculous heavy for no reason like the M3. On center doesn't feel like there's a big dead zone either.

The sensation of size makes sense and was probably intentional for the luxury grand tourer feel.

I really don't believe the opinion of it not being "very fast," though, and I am aware I mentioned stock. Allah forgive me for benchracing, but the cars you're comparing it to it was either equal or faster stock for stock in almost every measure. Which is why I'm confused what you mean. Was it the touring feel that made it feel like it was going slower than it was? Or are you actually comparing it to modified examples?

I wish I could have driven it enough to tell much of a difference, as it was on base with a 40kmh limit, but it definitely felt lighter

My stock FD walked a friend's GTE/V161 Supra. The touring feel you'rr talking about definitely had some play in it, but it felt like a slower, heavier car

He went and made a post about it afterwards lmfao

There's also the driver element. Not saying the story's untrue, but I've beaten cars with triple my power in a stock Corolla. Most people don't know how to drive.

But I suppose that's enough of that. In your opinion what would improve the Supra experience?

Also, consider that smoothness/quiet ride means that the Supra feels like it's not going as fast. The R33 needs to be revved pretty high to make power because 2.6 vs 3L of displacement, especially compared to the 2JZ-GTE VVTi.

Also, I think the R33 I drove didn't have well-insulated fenders or something. I heard every single rock that flung itself into the fenders echo throughout the cabin. It's also not super well insulated from the factory even if it's better than the R32. You hear the engine a lot more than modern cars.

Yeah I personally don't mind light steering, some people seem to like heavier steering. I am worried about numbness though, which is a big problem in most electrically assisted systems.

If Nismo expands the heritage parts program to the R33 I'm definitely committed to getting an R33 though. Even if full restoration is going to cost a shitload, I'm planning on getting an R33 and driving it until it's totaled in some major accident. No plans to make it a daily driver though, I'd rather drive something more practical and reliable.

this man
raises an excellent point. It was really really linear which probably took away the feeling of being as fast. As cringey as it may sound a bigger turbo with some lag would improve it for me, and if at all possible, tightening up the interior.

I got used to the heavier steering of my 32, it feels very direct and lightening it up for the 33 wasn't something I liked about it.

lol

no

Fair enough, I guess I'm more used to lighter steering. I've heard the R34 is a balance between the R33 steering feel and the R32 assistance.

I own one. Absolutely awesome.
Purchasing an R34 GTR right now to sit next to it. Even then I don't think i'll have as much fun in the twisties as in the RX7.

I've been told that it's much easier to get orders to Japan if you aren't married.

why are you replying to yourself?

Could be. Sounds kinda like the old “update your dream sheet every day and you’ll have a better chance because it moves to the top” myth

What is a dream sheet?

A listing of your preferred assignments. “Dream sheet” because it doesn’t mean shit, like “in your dreams”

as someone who made bank off R32s when they first hit the market in canada

this is accurate as fuck

r33 fixed most of these problems but noone wants them cuz

>muh aesthetics

>tfw I prefer R33 and Kenmeri aesthetics over everything

i feel like i'm finally winning

Because it's the only GTR you can afford pal

^

It wasn't even as good as the NSX

Which wasn't even as good as the FD.

which wasn't even as good as the Supra

nani the fuck did you just say you little bitch

Malao, I was going to post those exact words. Fug.

tbqf