REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
that shit rapes intake manifolds and valves

Oh yeah. Theres yur problem.

wonder if that is this.

"Its fine, just takes a while to stop"

How does that even happen?

aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Someone no shit put this on my desk and asked for a warranty

Damn that looks like my finger after i crushed it in a steel cropper.

Excessive wear patterns can be caused by warpage in a poorly cast rotor. Duh?

Were the cooling channels blocked with a caliper or something, why do they need a warranty replacement?

I still remember the shrieking of my neighbour (as a kid) when he was showing me how fast he could spin the wheel while it was upside down.
He was a massive cunt, so no bad feelings.

Also seen a guy get his jammed in the rear sprocket after bailing on a dirt track, luckily it was a 125 2t so fuck all rotating mass. Bleck.

all i want to know is why only one side of the disc is worn down

Looks like some moron tried to puch it out from the other side

timing chain/belt slip? Excessive valvefloat? Valve spring failure? I mean cmon, reasons for losing a valve on aircooled OHV engine are numerous, once it is gone, it will bounce around causing irrepairable carnage.

Well...

The Valve seal slipped

It's the side that has more force. They aren't equal.

>Someone no shit put this on my desk and asked for a warranty
If the pads are good and the disc is like this, he's right.

IF you're going to be a cheapstake, might aswell keep using it because soon it will turn to a simple disc

P0420

is that the cadillac converter

It was one, oxygen sensor didn´t look better...
But it has over 200.000 km on it and over 150.000 km of them where on LPG on short distances.
So I guess it did ok so far...

How does that even happen?

retard normies driving their nissan sentras or honda fits with the 6 speed auto slushbox never get above 3000 rpm, so shit builds up
italian tuneup is real

I have no idea, but the engine is totaly fine somehow (except bad oxygen sensors and hydros)
But the catalythic converter got replaced.
It was a manual 307 running on LPG that sometimes got a italian tuneup on the Autobahn.

What the fuck
How do you not hear that

I'm a mechanically illiterate and incompetent pleb... But is that a brake disk worn down past the cooling channels?
h-how?

I can't believe i laughed at this

not the worst i have seen but for some reason it still holds pressure.

i did a job like that at my uncles shop
> yeah the brakes started making noise a couple days ago
bitch this was making noise for weeks who are you trying to fool

Sweet ride

>Prius
>???
>Baja

>He doesn't run slotted disk brakes on the daily

Nice.

>extra cooling

They should be nearly equal if the caliper is operating properly. Guy's slide pins must be fucked or something.

I want this

The middle is still the Prius, the paint seems to be sanded down.

“I think it may be a dead battery, user”

>pop up headlights

relax, he's jus doin some dank skiddies m8

“Brake fade”

you could probably resurface that

that's just how toyota insulates their cars

couple of self tappers and she's fuckin mint

>*gazes up at the heavens*
>"if you exist, end my suffering"

Timing chain gets too loose, skips or otherwise breaks, valves hit piston.

Someone post that Pepe where he's pulling down his cheeks/bottom eyelids and his face looks like that

Oh okay. How much does a new cat cost in Europe anyway? I've been getting the same error code myself and I've been repeatedly told that they're crazy expensive and completely not worth the money and effort to replace. Car is first gen A3.

That makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up. Kinda glad I do the italian tuneup with an injector cleaning fluid semi-regularly with my own car.

JESUS CHRIST

I will always appreciate the quality of build a car must have in order for anything in this thread to not immediately crash violently.

is it still a hybrid or what?

I want to throat punch you for saying that. Next you're going to tell me your speedothermometer don't work.

My friend has a shitty Honda Civic that was barely maintained by it's previous owner

The previous owner was a near death old woman who I suspect never drove it faster than 45, because the thing has trouble getting to highway speeds, and it loses power after 3k rpm, and it would not rev past 3.5k rpm

i call it grandma tuning, but it's actually a problem that he hasn't completely resolved, it still loses power, but we at least got it to rev up to 6k rpm by changing oil, spark plugs, injectors, cleaning the intake manifold, and replacing the cat converter.

I suspect it would have never been like this if she pushed the car hard occasionally, but old women don't drive like that.

That head looks familiar, 4.6 Ford?

That's a 5.4l Modular, I can tell from the exhaust manifold.

Dear god no :,(

>thanks pennzoil!!
Fuck that k12 additive.

the worst part is when the customer brings in wheels like that, and they're still holding pressure.

We always let the new guy take the valve core out.

Nah it’s a 4.6
That was actually from the replacement salvage engine I had to buy because the original engine chewed a hole through the oil pump w the timing chain and I.T seized up

it's self-healing

That's not a car that's a truck

why don't you just stick a screwdriver in it to let most of the pressure out first?
dumb shits.

Good time to tub the rear wheels, m8

dis shit hella donk

Triumph Spitfire that came in to work.

yeah sure you go and do that. I'll be standing way over here when the bead wraps over the lip of the rim and takes your arm off while you're poking at it.

waddayamean spark plugs dont last for 100k miles?

>tfw bought an old Volvo 240
>tfw wonder every day if it's just really that slow or if the engine is clogged up because it's 37 years old

>has both SAWD and 50+ mpg
truly the perfect car

Only amerilards have this stupid distinction. Everywhere else everything you can drive with a car license is a car.

they actually do in newer cars though

yeah just like "filled for life" transmissions that start going to shit after 50k

keep believing that in your 90's shitbox, kid

>owning and operating an automatic ever
imblyging

nothing wrong with it, it just got swamp ass

its a fuckin chimera now

HS auto shop class I saw this... Except it was JUST THE FINS. Female students car btw. Driven daily