/dg/ New Monarchy (Destiny) General

>>>DG CLAN

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Bungie/status/889695393482547200
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Alpha Team runs /dg/

Who?

Titans are objectively inferior in every way now. They are entirely pointless as a class, aside from being a raid Bubble Bitch.

And Bungero will never fix them because people still play as the class, so somehow that justifies their objectively inferior melee, grenades, movement, and everything else?

At least in D1 we had skating and pre-nerf Knee.

has bungie actually tied each of those races, humans and the golden age to some specific kardashev scale?

is it over?

WHY THE FUCK IS THERE STILL NOTHING TO DO DURING LOADING?!?!

YOU'D THINK FOR A GAME WITH SO MUCH GOD DAMN LOADING THEY'D AT LEAST LET YOU PLAY PONG

FUCK ME

Is what over?

Why does nobody like D2 bros?

That's what the companion app is for.

Some people do. But most people are PvE casuals, and the absurd nerfing for PvP mlg tryhards, combined with the total lack of tuning in PvE, has made Destiny's PvE boring.

Nah, but the cabal are the only race in the solar system that got to extrasolar space without the traveler being somehow involved.

They deserve the light, they fight the darkness and are willing to do what needs to be done.

Did anyone here get the Age of Triumph shirt?

How much is it? debating on buying it or not

Yes, it is comfortable
$777,777

$25 once you use the discount code.

Yes, the GT on the sleeve is pretty small and not garish, the shirt is extra comfy

>tfw no kazuto gf

>buying Destiny merch when there's no in game reward

what are you wearing today /dg/?

>board shorts
>tie dye
>flip flops
>cute panties

Upset your not getting the shirt, scrub?

>Shoulder charge is aoe
>pulse grenade is top tier now
>fistS of AOE fields
>suncharge
>2 grenades
I'm seriously considering dropping warlock for titan.

The shirt is the reward user, you get plenty of in game rewards earning your way up to it.

Nigga pls
If you really want the shirt, no one is stopping you. I just don't see the value in spending 25$ on it when there's other potential items that would be more valuable. The emblems from the book are free, all the other emblems from the soundtracks, Bungie foundation, holiday items, apparel, etc. require purchases.

>2 grenades
>melee/shoulder AOE

did you pull those out of your ass

I don't see that shit in the beta anywhere

>fistS

Why the emphasis on the S.

>Got an exotic every match for the last four matches

So did Bungo break the game or is my luck finally kicking in as the game ends?

I already have the shirt, no need to type all that shit nigga

It's a roaming super
Get better at reading? Striker top tree is shoulder charge which is an aoe that gives grenade energy for every enemy damaged. As far as I can tell there is no regular melee, shoulder charge is the melee.

so, has anyone asked bungie what they're gonna do with dupes yet?
and if they're keeping fixed armors?

Is Mark Noseworthy Jewish?

What shirt sizes did you get? Was it the right size? Nothing aggravates me more than buying clothes online. I use S sizes most of the time but some M shirts fit me well too, so, what the heck.

Cute :3

who nose

No, just a manlet. This is not Destiny.

>tfw all your teammates head for B first

Medium, but I guess I went down a couple sizes.

>Need three more Control wins
>Keep getting 6k easy while my team shits the bed with less than 1k each
>Lose last five matches

I feel like I've been put in the video game special olypmics.

>tfw none of your teammates do

>all enemies go to b
>throw lightning grenade
>... TRIPLE DOWN

Please correct me if I'm wrong
>Armor and weapon drops now have static perk rolls
>Mods that can be put on weapons do up 10+ in a given stats, barely doing anything
>Titans are now the worst class due being slowed down, given the worst melee and the fact armor not mattering now because everyone is going to default to whatever has the most resilience
>Mobility LITERALLY does almost nothing
>Shoulder charge is RIP
>NO FUCKING SUNBREAKERS OR NIGHTSTALKERS ON LAUNCH
>Hunter abilities across the board have been gutted
>Movement overall is toned down
> Shotguns, fusions and snipers are reserve for power ammo for whatever fucking reason
>No machine guns means no thunderlord or its brethren
Tell me, who actually likes these changes? I was excited for the beta but after learning of all the changes, I'm genuinely disappointed. Even with all its faults, Destiny was a unique experience. All these changes do is slow things down and bottle neck people into one path.

Feel like a lot of this shit was honestly to appease the PEECEE MASSA RACE crowd because they want a more 'competitive' experience. Fucking sucks.

>can aim fast as shit with mouse
>can tap buttons fast as shit
>macro shit up

>anyone PC wanting slower gameplay

All 100% accurate.

Titan got permaraped. There is no coming back from this, unless there's some super secret third subclass that gives your Titan a twelve foot long dick.

>>Mods that can be put on weapons do up 10+ in a given stats, barely doing anything
just fucking stat? not a perk?

He's talking out his ass. We don't know how big an effect mods will have because we haven't seen any yet.

However, I vaguely recall some ancient spoilers that talked about a lot of this shit, which said that there will be different tiers of mod, and that most of endgame is chasing after the highest tier of mod. But we'll see if its true at launch

>expecting dlc content in a base game
nigger what

I like how shitters can't rely on their 1 shot kill abilities anymore and actually have to shoot

>expecting dlc content from the first game to be in the launch of the second game
yea I sure had unrealistic expectations
(You)
I'm honestly just really sad, not even angry or frustrated. Just another good game gone down the shitter because of incompetent devs, and normies that love Esports

Idea for hunter dodges: very low to almost nonexistent cooldown to use but the special effect has its own separate cooldown. Damage reduction always applies.

Roll around to your hearts content but remember to only trigger the special ability when you really need it. In a way this means the melee one is "safer" because it will only expend itself when melee energy is not at 100%, so you can never use it at the wrong time.

calling it now, we're never going to get the TTK subclasses back, because they're going to turn them into something else just like the subclasses they've shown
even the ones that have the same name and super as their older counterpart have drastically different skill trees, even accounting for them being clustered and shrunk
we might see the return of one or two grenades, one or two melee abilities, maybe an older perk, but that's about it

I'm on the fence about Destiny 2. If i have disposable income by the time it releases i will probably buy it because its more Destiny and admittedly i was 100% addicted to the first game but man they fucked up a lot in some areas.

>the beta's still up
looks like they've extended the beta for another day again
twitter.com/Bungie/status/889695393482547200

>All Enemies go to B
> Toss Lightning Grenade
>Team Wipe.

It was already known to be extended until Tuesday night

>all this talk about mods
>you can't just get an blank exotic weapon frame and make your own gun with perks and stat mods
>you can't get exotic stat mods off of raid bosses
>you can't get shitty perk mods from strike bosses
>you can't get Exotic perk mods off of nightfall rewards

just fuck my shit up

I'm envisioning a gun like the one in republic commando and my dick is diamonds.
Bungo pls, make this happen.

XL

Unique class gun

Here they give you a different starting boost Exotic depending on which class you are at the start. So at the end of the game in a faraway DLC you will get to build your own customizable weapon and its type is tied to your class.

Titans will get an HMG to put in the power slot
Warlocks will get a continuous beam weapon of some sort (constant fire fusion rifle?)
Hunters will get break-action shotguns

You sure it was spoilers and not some of our own reasoned speculations? That's really only one of the few ways you can maintain the grind with the new system.

>mfw I thought it was Tuesday on and off all day
I guess he working world has me in its clutches, I can't even keep track of the days now if I don't have work hovering over me to think about
>tfw not NEET any more

>break action
>not a leaver action sniper rifle

(you) have nothing to say, shitter.

considering what they did with the Khvostov 7G-0X I think it's a good possibility we'll see this, but the gun that has it will be the only one of its kind, and it'll end up nerfed because people will build god rolls

but the god rolls will be locked behind many layers of RNG. locked behind bosses and weekly lock outs.

>sights
>barrels
>mags
>triggers
>perk slots/rails
>grips
>mods
>perks
>stat mods

let's say 30 in each category for each gun class. I'd say getting the god roll for your gun would be a pretty good time sink.

>NO FUCKING SUNBREAKERS OR NIGHTSTALKERS ON LAUNCH
Source?
In one trailer you can see a sunbreaker in the crucible for a split second.
I know someone here has the screencap somewhere

Bet you anything you're right, but that it's also gonna be cut content saved for the first xpac

>> Shotguns, fusions and snipers are reserve for power ammo for whatever fucking reason
snipers have been OP from day one
if they'd just put them in the heavy slot at the beginning and had sidearms already set up (or had sidearms and hand cannons switched around) we probably would've been golden

I'm 98% done.

Technically I could just do Trials or Raida, but fuck other people. I will gladly spent all day tomorrow finding every Ghost if it means I can get that stupid T-shirt and never play this game again.

Would have been interesting if Sidearms were originally occupying the spot where HCs were, and with the actual !revolver HCs being a power weapon.

KEEP ME POSTED

That Titan is only red because he got hit by the hunters Sunshot HC. If you don't believe me boot up the strike as a hunter and shoot your teammates with the HC it gives the same effect that screenshot does

>Go to check all the news on Destiny 2
>The entire internet hates Destiny 2
>See criticism
>It's literally all the exact same criticism from Destiny 1 launch, but everyone knows not to get bamboozled this time

Destiny was the video game equivalent of the Walking Dead, where everyone played it because it's not good now, but it COULD get good later on and we'll hang on in hopes that it does.

Glad to see Bungie is getting the assfucking they deserve.

Most of the criticism is uninformed criticism along with hate bandwagonning

>Uninformed Criticism
>All the videos on the subject are actually recorded by the creators time during the beta themselves

lol wut how can it be uninformed if they literally played it

And more importantly isn't most of the criticism:

>Netcode is still shit
>Destiny PvP multiplayer is still a bland, uninspired shooter of worse game design that Call of Duty 4 and nowhere close to Halo due to lack of weapon / map control
>PvE Strike included is just, yet again, another boring strike you will be forced to play endlessly forever and ever
>The notoriously bad net code is still shit and will always be some degree of shit due to Peer to Peer multiplayer with heavy emphasis on 3 dimensional movement

Plus some other criticisms about things that admittedly are probably easily fixed such as PvE vs PvP balancing of abilities and Super timers in PvP?

What about any of this is wrong?

Power ammo spawns are the new resource control mechanic.

This didn't work in Destiny 1 so why do you think it's going to work in Destiny 2 if you just cause you add Snipers to the LMG and Rocket launcher category?

>>Destiny PvP multiplayer is still a bland, uninspired shooter of worse game design that Call of Duty 4 and nowhere close to Halo due to lack of weapon / map control
The main appeal of Destiny is the PvE Bungie is trying to force Destiny PvP as a Esport but it will never work.
>>PvE Strike included is just, yet again, another boring strike you will be forced to play endlessly forever and ever
The new Strike in the beta blows any of the strikes in Destiny 1 out of the water! It's a major step up from Bungie to make strikes feel like a strike should be instead of just a regular mission but with 3 people.

9 times out of 10 if you go into something hating it already your gonna likely hate it no matter what and that sounds like exactly what you did...

>blow any of the strikes from 1 out of the water
Yeah, the drill stuff was pretty neat, but devils lair is still my favorite.

>The main appeal of Destiny is the PvE
This is actually kind of wrong because Bungie, a studio KNOWN for creating one of the most influential campaigns in gaming as well as one of the most popular, well known multiplayer franchises... The appeal of Destiny was that it was going to be both - an MMORPG Halo plus a newer version of Halo multiplayer

>[if you go into it hating it you'll hate it]
>and that sounds like exactly what you did...

Wow actually keeping an open mind and not automatically dick sucking Bungie like people did in Destiny 1 where it only "got good" after Taken King means I must AUTOMATICALLY hate Bungie and am acting biased.

And this line you said, right here

>major step up from Bungie to make strikes feel like a strike should be

What do you mean what a strike "should" be? How do you know what a strike should be? Are you employed by Bungie? Do you have the design documents? Can you craft me a comprehensive argument for why Strikes are designed the way they are, how Destiny 1's failed and why these are better as infinitely replayable missions vs just having all missions be replayable and issuing marks for doing them?

I'm pretty sure you are just a Bungie Dickrider and nothing I say will convince you that the game has flaws such as how having three dimensional movement in a peer to peer network infrastructure is, objectively, a bad fucking idea.

or tldr, kill yourself at the earliest convenience

tldr, kill yourself at the earliest convenience for the sake of the general

>/dg/
>/dicksucking general/

>how should a strike feel
It should feel like it requires 3 people to complete rather than it just being a single player mission that throws 2 other people in with you for the hell of it.

I don't think inverted spire does this though until the last phase of the boss.

Okay, on one hand I totally agree with: on how much I enjoyed that Strike, but I also agree with because I also agree that Strikes as a substitute for actually replayable content, and any real endgame, is a terrible idea. The fact that we've all just accepted that Strikes are going to just continue to be the solution is fucking retarded. How are we sitting here like that's remotely okay? Destiny's most fundamental, glaring flaw was that it's endgame was replaying the same four fucking Strikes over and over and fucking over.

Are we really such fucking shills that we'll thoughtlessly pay another $60 for another four Strikes we'll have to grind for the entire 'endgame'?

That sucks, man. That sucks balls. They're fucking Bungie and Activision. If they cared, they'd give us nephalem rifts.

>nephalim rifts
>procedurally generated fps
Ugh, no.

>what are they gonna do with dupes

nothing

>keeping fixed armors

yes, everything has fixed rolls.

Basically we waited this long and this is what we get. Its not bad but its nothing special which is dissapointing to say the least.

If they make a boss which can only be damaged by shooting it in the back (with no other gimmicks), that's enough of a justification for a strike. Better yet, uncommon regular enemies that have the same gimmick.

Only the fastest former Lek'golo killers can hope to do it alone.

>if you lightly tilt the left stick and the right stick at the same time in the social space you still slide around

brand new engine they said

Realms of Fate type-of-deal would probably be better suited

i.e. ripped up sections of handmade pre-existing locations stuck together

It's not a brand new engine as much as a heavily refined version of the Blam engine

How long I got left to play the b8a?

til 6pm pacific on the 25th

>>you can't get exotic stat mods off of raid bosses
>>you can't get shitty perk mods from strike bosses
>>you can't get Exotic perk mods off of nightfall rewards
all good ideas
>inb4 bungie finally decide to copy 2 years later

why don't you fucking google it you retarded shitposting cretin

>blows any of the strikes in Destiny 1 out of the water!
not devils lair
not nexus and revamp nexus
not winters run and revamp winters run
not undying mind
not not shield brothers
not sunless cell

and not echo chamber
and not shadow thief

>devils lair
boring as all get out. defend a point for 3 waves, then sit back and snipe a walker and then a boss fight. awful strike.

>nexus
wow dude, 3 servitors and then nothing until the boss that everyone and their mother cheesed, how fun

>nexus revamped
same shit except you have to actually engage the boss, how exciting

>winters run
run past everything and then fight the boss

>winters run revamped
run past everything and then fight the boss

>undying mind
only fun for the super spam and even then its short and not worth the time

>shield brothers
boring

>sunless cell
the one good strike you listed

what the fuck is inverted spire then?
run fucking ages to kill some minotaurs to run fucking ages to kill 2 majors to weak as fuck wave defense to run fucking ages to boss to grind him down and wait twice and finish grinding him down

at least you felt powerful throughout the strikes and they weren't padded like mad

>Devil's Lair
Fight your way through several hive combatants before defending a module your ghost uses to hack through a fallen laser wall. Then, engage a Devil Walker in a large open area. After that, move onwards through a large wave of Fallen into a small, enclosed area where you fight a large servitor