youtu.be/clmCdIwMoHo

KoF XIV Arcade version is Out!

Animated series stuff:
youtu.be/3gddwPAhPSA
youtu.be/RbVpftt7N5I
youtu.be/HJC0gM9G010

KOFXIV now out on Steam!
store.steampowered.com/app/571260/THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_XIV_STEAM_EDITION/

KoF XIV is in the e-sports event by the OCA.
twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/873134058447839232

Get KoF 98 UMOL in English:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ourpalm.kof98.us

New MSA Extra Ops:
youtu.be/37L0a3wayss

KoF Destiny game trailer
youtu.be/kOTUGI-nrDs

New KOF Chinese manga:
twitter.com/PrettyBakedCake/status/816915802083340288
twitter.com/PrettyBakedCake/status/817381037114171392

New SNK mobile RPG:
game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/newproject/

Latest tournament footage:
youtu.be/mOb1tNCN_X8
youtu.be/dNl_ypNMh5k
youtu.be/dBDcZgcNCzU
youtu.be/-_MVbscJXv8
youtu.be/RT4hkGwe7j4
youtu.be/cmA18dnqNxI
youtu.be/v1JH568QpR0
youtu.be/HwD3v53neA4
youtu.be/gLNqxvNQxQQ
youtu.be/v=WFaLZMTwIjk
youtu.be/xFFq3r0ln10
youtu.be/BV-bjwj5gik
youtu.be/i4zqA4OI5do

DandyJ's beginner guide:
youtu.be/Ye3KVgI1LvU

Community resources:
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/

Discord group:
discord.gg/HYAQYFh

KOFXIV gallery/OST:
pastebin.com/mYwAPcM0

Play older games online on Fightcade. compatible roms DL:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Links for the Steam Artbook
>PDF drive.google.com/open?id=0B2546QRNPRPxb1VyemE5N25kb00
>jpg mediafire.com/file/758z1r4yzo66w54/KOF_XIV_Steam_artbook.rar
Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

bitmapbooks.co.uk/products/neogeo-a-visual-history
youtube.com/watch?v=plYmE1gHe5s
youtube.com/watch?v=k2fjwbGo5bE
youtube.com/watch?v=9SRALhNqcio
youtube.com/watch?v=AWvLsVlZSxM
youtube.com/watch?v=sCLxZ4rkNMA
youtube.com/watch?v=tthzEPk5NUw
youtube.com/watch?v=a9oMf63oPl0
youtube.com/watch?v=FrZfuX_hKVU
youtube.com/watch?v=QMXBVBhv6HY
youtube.com/watch?v=zVHRufuK1ws
snk.wikia.com/wiki/Yagyu_Life_Theatre
neogeo.freeplaytech.com/samurai/ura/yagyu.html
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31479760
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=lfG0WMj6sUU
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31631720
youtube.com/watch?v=RVuon4OLtpE
youtube.com/watch?v=1M_W8bGZt94
youtube.com/watch?v=ZA0xrIZtyiA
youtube.com/watch?v=6HHCJgyDCWE
twitter.com/wtnbUG_/status/889690809238306816
youtube.com/watch?v=YyRGGnfLW1U
youtube.com/watch?v=qi9yscKJv30
youtube.com/watch?v=aULBm0v2dUI
youtube.com/watch?v=orUH33VZvPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NzV3PNcv7hM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Neo Geo History book is still up for sale.
bitmapbooks.co.uk/products/neogeo-a-visual-history

The guys from the Fatal Fury Special World Cup uploaded the tournament footage.
youtube.com/watch?v=plYmE1gHe5s
youtube.com/watch?v=k2fjwbGo5bE
youtube.com/watch?v=9SRALhNqcio
youtube.com/watch?v=AWvLsVlZSxM
youtube.com/watch?v=sCLxZ4rkNMA

Same guys that organized the Fatal Fury Special World Cup there will be a Fatal Fury East vs West (japan) battle on October 14.
youtube.com/watch?v=tthzEPk5NUw

Nishinippori has started doing KoF XIV events.
youtube.com/watch?v=a9oMf63oPl0
youtube.com/watch?v=FrZfuX_hKVU

RBFF tournament.
youtube.com/watch?v=QMXBVBhv6HY

Samurai Shodown Kumite.
youtube.com/watch?v=zVHRufuK1ws

I was waiting to see if anyone else would make this thread, but nothing since the previous one died. From what I can see there are only a couple anons making these threads including myself. IIRC only one other user remade these threads during the times it's died before bump limit since the week before evo.
If you guys want these threads to continue please be more proactive in posting, don't limit yourselves to discussions solely about KoF. I've seen some anons trying to get games going, yet barely people reply, I've seen anons new to SNK stuff asking for help, yet barely anyone helps them, I try when I can, but my knowledge is limited. From time to time I see anons discussing stuff like the upcoming animation or whatever or crossovers or hopes for stuff and that's great, but more often than not it feels like it's bumping the thread either by random pic dumping or saying random attack names. While it keeps the threads alive it's kind of a crutch if there's no discussion going on about them if there is it's very short.

I try to post whatever new or interesting info I can and I notice that a couple other anons do too, so to those thank you. Just because SNK isn't revealing anything at the moment it doesn't mean that there isn't a ton of stuff out there. They have a ton of IPs and a ton of games were released on the Neo Geo, not just by them. As mentioned if one wants these threads to continue and to last please take initiative and discuss stuff or ask questions.

I like these threads since they're a place I can talk about games I like, but it can't be kept afloat by a hand full of people. While these threads are nice and comfy as fuck don't be afraid to argue with each other.

Oh man rip previous thread

Kinda rough when people don't quite talk much about the Neo Geo stuff I like but I don't mind. True, that these threads have been at least really comfy.

That out of the way, I apparently may have missed out on a bunch of fun comics based on Samsho V where everyone lived in the modern age and the protagonist was Salaryman Jubei Yagyu

So when is KoF World coming to the rest of the world?

Compared to other generals, you know what this thread needs?
More autism.

>I apparently may have missed out on a bunch of fun comics based on Samsho V where everyone lived in the modern age and the protagonist was Salaryman Jubei Yagyu
That actually sounds pretty fun. If anyone has links please post.

I don't think it's even out yet, is it? If it is released world wide my guess is that it'll be like with KoF 98 UM OL in which it'll make it to everyone else some time after china and Japan have their hands on it. I wonder if their My Hero Academy RPG will make it world wide too. In the past stuff like a sister quest mobile rpg they had was japan only.

Kek. Maybe, people seem to have reacted to it in the past whether it's come from posters here or from outside sources.

You guys need more classics man

Thanks for remaking the thread user.

The good ol' Wiki has a writeup on it and a link to the archived page where all the comics may or may not have been uploaded at.

snk.wikia.com/wiki/Yagyu_Life_Theatre
neogeo.freeplaytech.com/samurai/ura/yagyu.html

I shouldn't have stopped studying jap.

Classics?

I'm starting to feel kinda bad for the rant. I feel like I let my autism get out. I should try thinking up of different stuff too.

>they see your raging storm

It's not my fault I can barely do pretzels. I just have shit thumbs.

That remind me, in Rythm of Fighters when you play Geese's FFS theme on hard the last few notes are arrow flicks that are basically his pretzel motion.

Too bad I found out about that game shortly after it died, I really wanted to play it.

That's a real shame as it was pretty fun. It the time I used to be vehemently against DLC and yet I still forked over the money to get all the song packs. I hope that there's a cracked version of it somewhere since just an apk isn't enough since as soon as it installs it downloads the songs. Only reason it still works for me is because whenever I get a new phone I transfr my apps using carbon and I desync my google account since syncing it makes it stop working.

They should release it as a cheap game with all the songpacks for console or something. I know that the gameplay isn't an issue since it appears to be modeled after the gameplay in Cool Cool Toon which they did for dreamcast. While they're at it they should re-release that too.

I have to try out Cool Cool Toon now that you mention it. I hope my toaster can handle Dreamcast emulation.

>They see your inability to be a vengeful pole pounder

Can we get a Neo Turf Masters tourney going?

A comfy game, but I suck in it. I'd be up for a tournie though. Just not this month ;_;

I too am garbage. I jsut think it would be fun if we all sucked at a game together.Should I start planning?

Also awful but I'm game

I'm bad at it much like the others, but I'm down.

No Landolt or are we gonna do all Landolt?

Why is this allowed?

Why doesnt that game have lewd girls? I mean even sega fishing games have cute girls in microshorts...

Because it's kof2001. The most broken kof ever made.

The problem is, threads in Veeky Forums (even in /v/) gets page 10 so fucking fast. Like 25~40 min without any post, in normal days. It should be longer, like 2 hours to get page 10 at least. Even with hot kof news /neog/ is hard to keep alive. Let's be honest, snk general is nice but works better in a slow board. Because discuss kof in the /fgg/ is out of question. unfortunately.

So, or we get someone bumping the thread constantly and/or do we have people always discussing about or this general needs be moved to another slow board. Otherwise it will be "don't die", "don't die", "venon strike", "don't die", "lewd pic", "don't die", "random sprite gif", "don't die", "don't die"... rip.

I'm frankly surprised we're not all talking about Samurai Shodown V Special getting a true and proper release frankly

I'm honestly the worst but I feel like it would make for some cheap laughs at the least. Hell, let's see who's the worst on this board.

I just want this board to be ok guys, what do?

Yeah, is hard to keep up with the speed of vg. Pretty odd how we struggle so much when other generals that only have one game are still going strong.

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31479760

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=lfG0WMj6sUU
is the vocaloid user still around?

Alice mod: nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31631720

Lovely

I know right, especially since the main character of the Orochi Saga has autism.

then again, Samurai Showdown V was not as good as IV so...

Iori is a total Terry Davis level of autismo. Kyo is far more reserved and even has a girl friend.

>and even has a girl friend
>implying that guys with autism can't get any girls.

Hmmm good point.

Iori could be drowing in pussy if he wanted, too bad he is Kyosexual

Kyo is reserved, but he is somewhat a sociopath, angsty, has an inferiority complex, and uses his lack of concentration as an excuse to not take part in his school work.

>playing KOF98 UMOL
>only needs 7 pieces to get Iori
>spend all my free chances and diamonds on his mini game
>couldn't get any pieces but now have 16 Yagami crests
>"I should be able to get at least 1 or 2 pieces today"
>uses all crests
>got a total of 0 Iori pieces

What games do you play frequently on fightcade?

I play kof 97&98, ffs, ww7, breakers (revenge), garou. Also some aof2, karnov and kizuna/savage reign when I have someone to play with. St too, but it isnt snk related.

Pls play dead games on fightcade.

I honestly like that Kyo has these traits...it makes him more layered out as a character, and especially as a fighting game protagonist.

That fact that he's not at all that smart and has anxiety and depression makes him more distinguishable when you compare him to other heroes that have good reputation and influence, which Kyo does not have.

It's sort of sad seeing more people play as Ryu instead of him, especially since Kyo is the more refined character between the two..although comparing him to Ryu isn't really a high bar, considering that literally every other fighting game protagonist is better than Ryu.

Forgot to mention real bout fatal furies, but I suck playing them. I usually use Franco, since Geese feels weird after playing a ton of ffs Geese.

I'll play with you. I practically have every SNK game on fightcade.

>Kyo has anxiety and depression
I remember there was a point in which he had this, but which part of the story was it again?

He obviously has these feelings a lot, but Kyo had a depression during the events of KOF 99.

It's the reason why his theme song sounds more sad in contrast to some of his upbeat other ones.

youtube.com/watch?v=RVuon4OLtpE

The fact that NESTS took his body away and separated him from his girlfriend for months, while there are multiple clones of himself running around all over the place got to him. It got to him so hard that he wasn't able to participate in the tournament. (which is why he's more or less a secret character in that game)

In KOF 00 however, he appears to have reunited with Yuki after not seeing her for god knows how long, and his theme song goes back to sounding upbeat, as if he were making a comeback out of depression, which I guess explains the overall meaning of "Goodbye Esaka" other than KOF 2000 being a sendoff as SNK's last good game for awhile.

youtube.com/watch?v=1M_W8bGZt94

The fact the Kyo had to bear separation from his friends for such a long time causing him this anxiety and depression is what prompts him for wanting to defeat and take down NEST's.

I'll keep that in mind. Now when I think of it, I've never begged for matches here. Might work better than begging in fightcade discord, which is all turd.

What if we moved to /vr/?

I mean, excluding kof14 and metal slut atk, all others snk games are old/retro. right? The board is more slow and we don't need try compete with the others generals speed. Leaving the discussion better.

btw is page 10 now.

I'm not sure if he was depressed, Kyo had some issues and had a hard time with the whole NESTS thing, but even so he never gave up and I like that in him.

I personally never was a fan of Yuki and can't see her being this important to him, also, what was she doing while Kyo was nowhere to be found? I know she isn't a fighter, but come on, the guy could have died after Orochi battle and it seems she didn't even tried to look for him. Meanwhile Shingo, Benimaru and fucking Iori did everything they could to find him.

But in a way the Orochi battle and NESTS made him stronger and more mature, it seems that before he felt kinda lonely because of his powers and the weight of being the next leader of his clan, but he made some good friends and companions thanks to the tournaments, so now he sounds happier and his confidence seems more legit instead of hiding his insecurities.

>/vr/ still has occassional pissing contests over what is and isn't retro
>"people" still think that the dreamcast isn't retro

I don't know how I feel about this

True, I'm guessing Kyo might have felt bored and a lack of motivation to do things because he found his separated lifestyle not as interesting as his life was while he was in Japan. He especially looked bored in his NESTS saga winposes (the win pose in which he turns his back towards the screen, and shifts his body to the side) He could have been sad that he wasn't around the presence that he's used to being with, like with being around Yuki.

I myself am also not a fan of Yuki, I find her appearance to be so...bland and uninteresting, it's almost painful to see SNK shove her into events to make her seem like she's all important, like "Hey look at me, I'm Kyo's girlfriend!" she's just there for the sake of being a plot device. Not to mention she is a total bitch to Shingo when he tries his hardest to be like Kyo..man, Kyo really needs to find a prettier and more interesting woman, instead of a boring, stereotypical one. No wonder why Kyo always looked so bored whenever he was around her in the manga.

While Kyo was missing, Iori went through hell and beat the ever living shit out of the guys that kept Kyo captive, while even being impaled by some intoxicating weapons, but he still persisted on like it was nothing and didn't give up, as Chizuru, Benimaru, and Shigo did the same thing.

Yuki was probably sitting on her ass panting her nails or something.

Retro is very arbitrary concept. Though /vr/ should not have that issue as what is considered retro there is clearly and cleanly defined with the 1999 cut-off point.
Of course that doesn't stop /vr/ from going into bullshit stupid arguments over things.

Well I mean, if Ryo won't tap that ass...

That because Ryo found another ass to tap.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZA0xrIZtyiA

youtube.com/watch?v=6HHCJgyDCWE

Man, Another K' is such a faggot

Don't they dislike each other? Would that make it a hatefuck?

Too bad kof xiv and msa are the power houses of this genral. The ones who keep the thread going.

Nice, thanks. I hope they makes one with Vanessa.

Goddamn it Watanabe. These things are fucking everywhere.

I cant help myself but laugh at that face.

Forgot link.

forgot ink
twitter.com/wtnbUG_/status/889690809238306816

and you forget again
>ink
Are you drunk?

those are cute, I wonder if there are more with other teams?

I don't think so. I should go back to sleep.

youtube.com/watch?v=YyRGGnfLW1U

It cracks me up because this is the kind of shit Angel would totally do

dat pic

that's the point user! I love Ryo/King and Joe/Lilly, but imagine King laughing, calling Joe disgusting and all sort of things while giving him a footjob. Imagine they ridicularizing each other while fucking, this sort of shit turns me on.

Robert wishes he could get in on that.

youtube.com/watch?v=qi9yscKJv30

That guy walking into every single command grab of KOD

Jeez.

Robert? from King of fighters?

Oh boy

mods fucking when

Xanadu and KoD version when?

Oh shit!

Who wins, /neog/?

What do you use to play? keyboard, pad or stick?
I tried to play kod2k2 once on fightcade using my psp as a controller (which I use to play 2k2 and can pull off any command perfectly), but I couldn't pull off any command, not even a simple qcf. Just like when I used to play kof on my ps2, I could play perfectly 2k2 with my ps2 controller, but when I tried to play 2k3, the game could hardly recognize any commands.
Then I tried to use my ps3 controller and the same thing happened, my inputs failed to be recognized.
Any recommendations for a decent stick or pad to play kof? A shame I never learned to play using my keyboard, I tried to learn once but I got frustrated and quit.

>DAT bulge

What did you expect?

I spent exactly 10k diamons to get from 30 pieces of Iori to 100. The event where you could buy Iori, Kyo, Vice, Mature frags helped alot. You could get up to 7 frags of Iori for 677 Diamonds.
All F2P diamonds.

Fucking kek. This is perfect. I hope people keep making stuff like this in the future.

I found King and Leona dancing to Sweet Magic in the related videos.
youtube.com/watch?v=aULBm0v2dUI

There's also Mai dancing to Shake it.
youtube.com/watch?v=orUH33VZvPQ

These make me want to play Future Tone.
Either of them dancing to Age Age Again when?

That jiggling

> っち
Wait a minute, that ain't Robert.

I bet Yuki wouldn't even notice if a clone showed up at her door and said he was Kyo. Her special move in Gals Fighters where she calls a bunch of Kyo clones is funny tho: youtube.com/watch?v=NzV3PNcv7hM (around 2:34)

Meanwhile,I'm sure Iori would find the original one even if he was blindfolded in a room with him and all his 9999 clones. His devotion reaches the level of a shoujo heroine!

I wonder how Xiaohai feels about having this happen to him twice.

Debatable. Are Playmore/Atomiswave-era SNK games retro?

Also, /vr/ would probably tell us to go back to Veeky Forums.

I would be down.

Fucking nice.

Chain combos in Samsho were a mistake.

Who's up for story time?

What is this?

Oh god.

Bring it on

Hey so there's a general like this. As a kid I really liked KOF and Samsho, I thought the characters are cool as fuck compared to Capcom shit, and I still do. Anyone cares to redpill me why SNK went bankrunpt? I've heard it's the sprites budget for KOF 13 is that true? How come smaller companies like Arcsys and whoever made UNIEL can do just fine producing 2D sprites and not SNK? Also KOF13 sold decently didn't it?