This piece of shit on my ebrake (brand new gti) broke off...

This piece of shit on my ebrake (brand new gti) broke off. Now the ratcheting mechanism doesn’t work at all (so I can’t even use the ebrake) and I can’t reattach it

How do I fix this

take it to the dealer

>brand new
Take it back.

That's what you get for buying into German """"Quality""""

you fix it by not being a retard and not falling for shitty cars with fake engine sounds

Put it in gear after stopping the car, take it to the dealer and get it replaced under warranty. If it's stuck then you need to get it towed.

Top KEK to anyone who thinks VW makes a quality product.

Just glue it back on the way the factory did in the first place cause the whole car is gonna be in tattered shambles in three years anyways so whats the point, youre gonna be on your 5th fuel pump by then and it will be time to start financiang another plastic turd so kys.

They do make a "quality" product, it just happens to be poor quality.

>take it to the dealer
"Sure, leave it over there and will get to it by next Thursday, if the part comes in."

>what are appointments

>buying yuro cars
Literally asking for it.

fuck you porsche, skoda and köningsegg is top tier

Baiting or just a complete faggot who has never even known anyone whos owned a porsche let alone a skoda or konneigsiiggelldjdbehsjsks.

>americans
lmao
bet u think audi is a """""classy"""" car too retard

No, audi are equally as shitty as all other euro cars. But thanks for your assumption.

>5.7 Hemi Big Block Earthshaker Marine block
>150hp
>RWD
>leaf spring suspension
there's a reason americans buy european imports but not vice versa

lmao thats what you get for buying an automatic faggot

Yeah, yuros are completely cucked by gubbermint-imposed taxes on power, displacement, fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and fun.

we both have an abundance of shitboxes, yours are just big. Yuro cars have to be small and zippy because US made compacts look huge and out of place there

Im an american and i still buy imports just not from crappy euro manufactures because i have been keen to their poor reliability, shit computers and high flammability for almost two decades now.

to reiterate, we have tiny roads built upon roman trade routes. I'm drunk sorry

That's his handbrake; what does that have to do with it being an auto?

post this to their twitter/facebook and you'll get a free car

If you are the first owner and bought it brand new as stated, take to the vw dealer you bought it from and have it fucking fixed under warranty but beware, VW will try to jew their way out of it and not fix it. Gotta stay persistent, some VW dealers are really fucking stingy when it comes to repairs under warranty.

A free shitty car that will fall apart immediately

Nah. Their social media supervisor will just forward your customer profile to the regular customer service team for VW USA. They'll ask the cs team to make your file a priority. They'll figure out what parts you need, then they'll call your nearest service center, ship them the parts overnight, and ask the service center to book you as soon as possible. You are not getting a new car over this.

That's it.

At least that's what I do for a German household appliance company in the U.S.

>Throw it in the garbage
>Buy a new car
Pretty much the only real solution...

>Golf GTI
>e-brake

AYY LMAO

What he needs to donis message VWs facebook and threaten to post the pictures on the Page if they dont give you free garbage cars for life.

As an owner of 2 VW's one R32 of 9 years old and a Scirocco i am always so unbelievably confused by all this bandwagon hating on those cars. I've never had large issues with either of the 2 cars. And they are very fun cars to own and easy to do maintenance myself on.

OP do this if under warranty.

>Scirocco
>no problems fun an shiet

Tell the owners of the 1.4 TSI 160 hp then.

I can't say my wife's Rocco is a 1.4 tsi too. Originally a 125hp car now a 190 hp car and it's fine but it's only 3 years old so we'll see. I think you are mistaking the tfsi engjne, that had some problems cause twin charged. The tsi is rather solid and simple it's just a 4banger with a turbo.

That first sentence didn't come out right but I hope I got my point across.

Yes I was talking about that, your engine is a single turbo while the 1.4 TSI twin charged (it's still called 1.4 TSI - the TFSI is the same thing but for some reasons it's used under Audi) and it was so a huge failure that has been discontinued for extremely high unreliability, high oil consumption, turbo failures and "exploding" heads.

What's curious about this whole story is that VW managed to buy and (((win))) for many years the european engine of the year award.

Well I'm dutch and in a VW club where we learn each other maintenance and how to modify these cars, so I'm very biased but i don't hear that many horror stories at all. I mean for sure tfsi was a disaster and first gen 2.0s had that bad timing chain but that's kind of it desu. Most of the cars we have in the club have been mostly solid. Maybe Volkswagen in America really is a different sort of car to the Europeans.

Since this is technically a VW thread, how do you guys feel about Polo GTIs? I'm considering buying a 2015 model as my next car, but I wonder if it's better to go for an older model Golf GTI Pre-2010

>(brand new gti)

so it's still under warranty, right? you didn't do something else stupid to void your warranty... right?

>buys a new car
>can't figure out how to reattach a piece of plastic

what he needs to do is accuse the manager of the dealership he bought the car at of rape and that the shifter was broken during the rape

#me2

Well that got harsh...

It’s not that simple fuckface, the entire ratcheting mechanism is not functional now

>hey the button on my parking brake broke I'd like you to order the part and schedule the repair after it comes in.

Try practicing in front of the mirror first if you can't figure out how to say that.

Worse than a Fiesta ST or if you want an auto, Clio RS

You dont have to hold the button to use the e-brake

So basically go for those 2 if you want a good small performance car. Alright.

>Volkswagen
>Automatic

Burn it

/thread.

Also consider the 208 GTi by Peugeot Sport. The normal 208 GTi was already pretty good, but the PS is fucking phenomenal.

I'm looking at them now. I'm slightly worried because

>French

Don't worry it'll do that on its own...