/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>vtec on edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Factory Service Manuals for a lot of Hondas
shweet.org/Manuals/manuals.shtml

Bump the thread if you see it at page 10.

Vids:
>CM5 bullshit
youtu.be/DPNfN3RwNbs

>Civic Drag Race
youtu.be/3txs0LDQtCo

>Shingu's Civic
youtube.com/watch?v=E16D8fWYz_A&t=3s

>BMW M5
youtube.com/watch?v=3jvsN8yawOA

>HR-V PROJECT
youtube.com/watch?v=pGxCJUR5_gU

>Thread Music
youtube.com/watch?v=ivluQrAvCVE&index=22&list=PLfnwgEwZIOv4Qik5Q585dFOsAj7-5NHIP&t=1188s

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/B33oEyYjvnI
youtube.com/watch?v=B4lKhX2rUmw
youtu.be/Q9bcWa4OZjI
fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/ctd/d/1999-honda-civic-5speed/6425733086.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5PBsjErXeT0
youtube.com/watch?v=No_kbFvG_S4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related.

Adding to the zee map
What’s the significance of marker color

No significance. I just picked the color closest to my car

>Lexus is so close to driving
>Outer race of the CV axle bearing is stuck in this mount

TOYOTA PLS

>Hyunday actually put NF on the key to an NF
Only noticed this now, wish Honda did this, at least for their specialty cars because the person's gonna know the chassis code.

Civic update:
Looking story short, we didn't get to take it home because it needed an alternator and we ran out of time to go to vatozone or equivalent.

Bro planned on getting it next Saturday but his fiance doesn't want him to get it so he's not gonna buy it anymore.

>Fiancee

RIP. That sucks over just an alternator.

What's the weather like over there now? It's been mid to high 60s and 95-100% humidity today. Kek

Yea I wouldn't buy the car anyways if I were him since I'm anal about buying a nodded car and it needs some work.

It's been mild lately. Pretty good desu

>Civic, do you take Civic as your tastefully modded waifu?
>You may now kiss the Bride

Why the fuck would you cut your rear bumper if you're not racing it. Shit looks goofy as fuck

That's what I was thinking too but he's planning to go for the Kanjo look

I think I heard somewhere that the rear bumper on these is a source of drag so maybe he gained some MPG. kek

Look what I did last night. No actual damage, just my lip came off.

>somewhat sharp low speed curve
>old wet road with those stupid pebbles built into them
>no you can't turn left we're going straight

I need to take that corner even slower next time when it rains.

1/6

2/6

3/6

4/6

5/6

Narrowly avoided that tree. wew

6/6

Didn't notice any new damage aside from the usual beater Civic stuff. I'll put the lip back on eventually. Even that has no damage since its polyurethane.

This needs to be the new /hg/ op image.

Glad to be of service m8. kek

Nice quads

Holy fuck nihga, glad you're alright and the car is okay.

I pretty much laughed when it happened. I went in super slowly and I accepted it as soon as I realized my brakes locked and turning did nothing. I really hate those roads with pebbles in them. I think a smooth surface would have been better for grip.

Here's the new engine in its home in the ES330. I hope to have it running this week.

Looks good, I don't fuck with timing belt but those V6s that go in the ES are reliable as fuck.

Also got an update on that drive shaft bearing bracket. Talked to my co-worker who works at the local Toyota dealership and he said he can air hammer that race out for me if I bring it by in the morning. Get that done, drop it off well past midnight at my uncles about an hour away, then he should be able to drive it to the family Christmas thing happening this Friday.

Yeah I just wish it was a chain. Though with 250k on it the belt was probably way overdue. I wanna do the belt on the new engine but we couldn't get the crank bolt off. I'll have to use the starter trick with a breaker bar.

The old engine ran super smooth. It's a damn shame, really.

>Night Kids member doing what Night Kids do best

youtu.be/B33oEyYjvnI

Is it possible for power steering fluid to go bad? my CM5 is making that whiny noise even when it's not turned and my steering sometimes gets really hard when I'm locking the wheel and parking.

I don't know the maintenance history of this and it's pissing me off.

youtube.com/watch?v=B4lKhX2rUmw

I'm surprised Honda actually has their own PS fluid. The Lexus just uses ATF as fluid.

>He used the sexy K24A4 starter motor as the intro
Dammit, I'll deal with the intermittent noise as long as it doesn't hurt the pump because I don't have the money

Dude in the video has a nice ass CM even if it's the K24A8 with that e-throttle.

That's not how the op image works nihga

My CRX was recently on TheSmokingTire. Am I cool here yet?

Anyone know how hard are 80's Hondas to maintain by yourself?
Thinking about buying pic related

watch for vacuum hoses

this, and give it a really good check over for rust

i should of added take into account how much life the starter has, i had one that had to be recon'd at around 80k miles

who owns this un

hello hondafags

i'm thinking about getting a wrecked EP3 Si

talk me out of it/gimme tips

I bet your insurance company will be happy to know it was wrecked.

Prove it.

youtu.be/Q9bcWa4OZjI

Based Scotty just uploaded this. Should help you out. Just siphon out the old fluid, top it off, and repeat every day or so until all the bad stuff is gone.

he ded
we had to sacrifice him for parts; i got his left leg

I don't think they'll care, it'll just be really easy to total out because it's worth about half as much as a clean titled EP3.

>visit co-worker at his other job at the Toyota dealership
>air hammers the old CV axle race for me
>comes out in many sharp pieces

The final hurdle of the revival of the ES330 is finished. We'll have it before Christmas. wew

Check that fake carbon fiber job on this newer Corolla, though.

>Carbon fibber
>corolla
These new shitboxes are getting aggressive as fuck.

It looks rather nice from behind, but the front has that damn predator style grille Toyota loves lately.

I love how the new Camry looks, though. It's aggressive in a good way.

They're really pushing the fact that it's the only family car that you can get an NA V6, which is smart. even on Hyundai there's no way to get that nice Lambda with the timing chain without paying out the ass for Genesis.

>Camry only V6 midsize
>Accord probably only manual midsize

I guess it's good that they're filling their own little niches.

How low did you go?
12km here

I did 376 miles with my ten gallon tank once.

I'm getting every last motherfucking drop, nihga.

Sixth or seventh gen and why.?

And what will I realistically pay for one with

On that new accord. Its like the same size as the old one. I think the wheelbase is longer though. Its super trippy seeing it in real life

Yeah shift all the cheese on my pizza to one side. Cheeky. I'M CALLING THE HUT.

I'm really not just so you don't worry

Lel

Luckily I had dropped off the order a minute before that happened.

I haven't seen one yet. I've seen a handful Camrys though.

Your fuel pump must be happy.

That thing's fine, i'm worried about my power steering pump because it's super loud in cold weather.

6th gen - Way more respected, way more parts, way more choices for swaps, better stock engines, lighter.. just better in every possible way, other than the quality of the interior maybe. A 6th gen with over 100k miles will run anywhere between 1,000 - 3000 depending on how clean.

Recently got a 2009 civic coupe just like pic related. Love driving it but god does it look like a chick car, should I put a bodykit on it?

whats up my nihgas

7th gen coupes have always looked so fucky to me, especially from the back but thats just me. If you can get a 6th gen si senpai go for it

fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/ctd/d/1999-honda-civic-5speed/6425733086.html
Thoughts? I'd have to de-niggerize the rims & windows but it's got surprisingly low mileage

Pretty good find but it's a non VTEC trim if that's alright with you.

>$20 tip after a scummy co worker stole an from me

Pretty good nihga.

Stole an order I mean. He was supposed to go to section 8 on MLK, not me.

Well glad your ok. Hopefully the car didn't take too much of a hit. Thats what you get for loling about my recent spin out in the snow. jk

yeah its trippy its like the same size give or take but the wheelbase is different, Very audi of them

Not a scratch that I noticed really. Just came back from the scene of the crime. Kek

Good good. I feel like you are perpetually in a state of fixing something...imagine adding more to that.

also loving that infamous honda idle

His is high as shit, mine idles at 700 rpm or so.
youtube.com/watch?v=5PBsjErXeT0

>when she says to go harder

Yeah the nice thing that it never becomes inoperable. It's just small things. Like right now I need tie rods, my ignition switch needs sanding, and I got a weird noise at the front right.

I think normal is 900 for the D series. Subtract 300 from what my needle says. It's off by a lot.

My hrv idles around 1000 if I am recalling correctly.

What if I make an intake with PVC tubing from Home Deport?

youtube.com/watch?v=No_kbFvG_S4

That awkward moment when your kid and his dumb friends are sitting in your garage making noises into pvc pipes and everyone seems into it. Imagine how you would handle this

Seems a bit pricey in my opinion (not sure what Florida prices are like), but it looks well maintained.

Here's the difference. 1000 vs almost 1500 on the needle. Kek

I wonder why the difference . Maybe they loose tension or something.

Maybe. At 2000 on the needle it's around 1800 on the app so the high end is more accurate. Same for my speedo. It's pretty close to right at 40 but at 80 the needle says 90. Old Honda gauges are so vague. Kek

I'm alive, but my car has a bad fuel pump and it's driving me nuts because the replacement is audibly working, but it's not drawing fuel from the tank, apparently.

9th gen coupe a handsome

I like how they went with a bargey front end on it, I sometimes lean foward just to make sure I don't bump anyone with the CM because the stupid slopey front is a blind spot.

Just get a front lip, lower it, new wheels, tints and window visors. It'll be aggressive

Might have a leak somewhere but Idk

Wbu

>being busy with deliveries
>See CD Accord sedan with Domino's sign on the side of the main road
>Pass by it a ton
>Ask Domino's friend what happened
>He's off but he texts her
>Her timing belt is kill
>Says she's gonna pay a dude $300 to fix it

RIP F series. Slim chance it survived.

i should not have tackled a vodka bottle alone
in other news, im going to use abs caps to seal off my intake tubing

I got six months to save till I get back home from Korea. I should have a good amount of money. about $5K+ USD.
I have an EH2 Civic Hatch and was wondering what engine would be fun for the turns? Im having a hard time to decide between the B16, B18, and K series. Halp pls.
K is the way to go from what i've been researching but, seems too much to do and I want to do some of the mechanic work that I can do.
>Pic related
>Car before going into paint shop

>what engine would be fun for the turns
This may not be the answer you're looking for but KYB and Ground Control, maybe even throw in an ebay strut bar.

Gonna blogshit for a quick second here
Got the winter tires on the Civic, and checked the brakes. Turns out the rear drums were retracted a shit ton, and I was only using the front brakes the entire time. The pedal was soft as shit and my retarded ass thought it was the brake booster. It can do handbrake turns now, which is good.
Or would be good if my front passenger wheel wasn't a fucking bobble head. New wheel bearing is getting bought today.

Engine does not create fun in turns. Get a good suspension setup

OH FUCK
It's ok, r-right?????

im able to get a '08 Jazz (Fit in the US) 1.4 5spd with 40k km for around 5k euros
i want a fun car that will let me learn to drive as it will also be my first

will i do good?

Yep just need to put my lip back on some time. Need to get new side molding too but that's not related to the accident.

I think that's a good price