Want a manual

>want a manual
>don't know how to drive manual
>need a manual to learn
>won't be able to drive it home buying it
What exactly are you supposed to do?

Ask your dad to help you

Ask a friend. If you don’t have any maybe make some.

Get someone to teach you
If you pay me, I can do it

git gud

Having this concern about getting an M2. I figure they’ll let me practice in the parking lot for a little bit though.

He died a few months ago.
No under 50 here knows how to drive a manual.

If the dealer is kind enough he can deliver it to your home for free. Just say something like "my work schedule won't allow me to pick it up".

eastern eurofag here. Buy the lowliest beater you can and kill it until you learn

have the dealer teach u

Ask the previous owner. He taught me and I drove home easily. Driving stick isn't as hard as you think. Just take it easy.

just watch youtube videos and drive it home

>press cutch
>put in 1st gear
>release clutch whilst simultaneously gently pressing the gas
>drive off
>press clutch, slowly release gas
>2nd gear
>release clutch, press gas
rocket science

>Press clutch, slowly release gas

What?

This is literally how it works

if by "press" you mean "depress," then yes that is how it works.

Drive it home fag. You'll learn quickly

I bought my first manual and had the previous owner drive me home with it. Then just drove it up and down the block until i learned. This was on a g35 with an ridiculously heavy aftermarket clutch. Its not that difficult if you have good coordination and watch a few youtube videos.

It must suck having no family or friends.

>want to drive a manual
>commute has me cut thru the heart of traffic cause my uni had to be in an area require me to go through the buisiest part of town
>driving manual while stuck in traffic for about an hour

>dealer
user....
I have tons of both, its just that none of them know how to drive manual

>dont know how to drive manual
>dont have a license
>barely know how to drive with an automatic

I bought a Porsche 911 as my first manual car and started driving it the moment I took the keys.

Manual is legit easy. Only pussies can't drive one.

Guess I'm fucked.

Tow it home and practice once it's there

Haha nice bro, just bought a manual laferrari the other day and set a record track time an hour later even though I’ve never driven manual before. Can’t believe these fags actually need time to learn.

911s are so nice to learn on though

>be me
>finally selling my old base model 911 for a newer Porsche
>buyer arrives in a minivan being driven by a middle aged woman
>maybe she's in to cars?
>parks
>rear sliding door flys open
>out steps an obese man with a neckbeard and a t-shirt for some Japanese cartoon or something
>the women gets out after him
>he turns and begins to scream at her
>she quickly retreats back into the van
>anyway the guy eventually makes it over to me
>commence car sale
>he looks around the car
>inside, under the hood, etc.
>even lays down and look under the car
>tells me he's been working with cars for years and that I'm not going to "out one over on him
>ok
>ask if he wants a test drive
>he says that one won't be necessary
>whatever
>offers half of my asking price
>politely but forcefully tell him to fuck off
>immediately backs down and offers me full price
>betamale.wav
>do all of the paperwork and count the money
>hand him the keys
>he says "hope I don't snap oversteer on the way home!"
>what?
>Starts the car and proceeds to stall the engine like seven times
>finally gets it
>takes off out of the parking lot bucking heavily
>nearly rear-ends some dude in a 3k Civic
>later hear about some kid in a 911 dying on some mountain road nearby

I was in the exact same situation as you about six months ago. I was in the market for a new car, and it was actually the Thursday before the weekend I was going to buy the new car anyway, when my current car (at the time) overheated and finally gave out (RIP 96 Avalon).
I took the next day off work and went out to some dealerships until I found the one I wanted. I made sure the dealer knew I wanted a manual, even though I'd never driven one in my life.
Bought the car, got it going, thought I had a good handle on how to get it moving, so I took it out to a busy intersection and got rear ended roughly 20 minutes after finalizing the sale.
Fortunately, there was no damage, it was just a love tap, but it was certainly a jarring experience, having all the cars go around us, me trying and failing to get the car moving and being so flustered I just told the guy who rear-ended me "don't worry about it, just get out of here."
I managed to get on the freeway and take it home, spent the whole weekend practicing just getting it moving, and by that Tuesday I was picking up parts for work and sitting in morning traffic with no issues.
People will typically recommend against this, but when I was just starting out and I was in kind of a do-or-die situation (on a hill with a car way too close behind, just needed to get the car moving as expected, etc) I would just give it a bit too much gas when shifting in to first gear. You'll rock a bit, and it'll be jarring, but at least you won't stall.
Today's Top Tip: learn to drive before you leave the parking lot, or you'll get rear-ended just like me. Learn to manage your panic reflex and just go with it. They are fun to drive, but the first week or so is going to be terrifying.
Hope this helps.

>I bought a Porsche 911 as my first manual car
>then I woke up and had to push a crackhead off the seat so I could get out, because it was my stop

Go to a dealership, tell them your parents are buying you a car for graduation, and say that you would like to test out a manual but don’t know how to drive one yet. More than likely they’ll let you take a shitbox manual to a large parking lot to try it out.

This is how I learned how to drive a manual. Except I got to learn in a Mustang Cobra. Because I’m based. But, that’s just me.

If you're that bothered can't you just get a driving instructor?

So are S2000s and Miatas. Glad I learned manual on my aunt's 911 before I got my S2Gay tho

I had my dad go to the dealership w me and he drove me to a graveyard where I spent the next couple hours learning manual. Also ask the dealership if you can just do laps in the parking lot, they let me putter around for about 30 minutes doing circles

Yes, dealerships would love to have you grind away a clutch with one of their unsold vehicles. Do it in front of other customers? Sure, why not user said it was A OK.

Actually, they’re willing to do this with no problem if they think it’ll sell the car. Remember that all of their cars are insured and they really don’t care about people test driving them unless it’s something rare or extremely expensive. The dealership I went to had one of their shop guys drive the car out to a big empty parking lot and taught me how to drive a manual. It was pretty cool.

Ask a friend or a family member to help you out. Neither my friends or family were available to help me out at the time I went, so I just bought it and drove it home on the highway. It's not that hard, especially considering I learned to drive manual with a Stage 2 clutch with a 4g63t engine swap.

Did this actually happen or are you mocking the truthful user?

>Ameriburglars think you have to "learn" how to drive stick
16 year old girls do that in their first driving lesson here.

Stupid braindead Americans, do you drive autos in driving school too? Because that is completely fucking ridiculous.

14 year old kids know how to drive it here since automatics lose their value 10x quicker than normal cars and need a shitload of maintenance and money to maintain it. Pretty much a retarded thing to own one.

>quick, turn the thread into a country war
Yes, we do. It's only because the vast majority of vehicles here are auto, so most people have no need to learn standard. It only negatively affects those of us that want a standard transmission.

If you can drive an automatic and have any concept of when it shifts and why, you can handle a manual. You'll probably stall one or two times.

Yeah that's all they have in driving schools here. It's fucking retarded. They don't teach students any kind of driving techniques like recovering from a spin, either, so kids get licensed without knowing how to properly control their cars.

T. no clue
If you crash one of the testride models we make a profit through the insurance
showroom models with non 0 mileage are a bitch to sell, it would likely sit for months until a hefty price cut