twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first

well, maybe warlock will be playable next expansion

warrior card is strongest card released so far

*woosh 0 mana*

can i cancel my preorder?

>he preordered

I like discover.

I ran into a mage with double glyph in arena at 9 wins. He played both of them on turn 4 or something, while still at full health. From one he got himself a firelands portal, but from the other he took an ice barrier. Ice barrier in an arena match where he was not in danger of being rushed down. There hardly are worse mage spells to pick, other than something like ice block and shatter, so unless he was offered exactly those, he made a pretty bad play.

Because of that, I ended up outvalueing him because he essentially wasted a card. Thanks discover for being a huge shitter trap.

>HE PREORDERED

how depressing

>he fell for the pre-order meme

good luck with that

why would anyone place a pre-order when no cards had been released?

>People still preorder.

I repeat what I said in the last thread, this card needed "This card can not be discarded" added to it's card text. As is it's a really shitty draw if you draw it before you've discarded a decent number of cards because every time you discard you have a very real chance of throwing away one of your deck's big synergy cards and obviously you can't play it as a 1/5 or 2/5 or unless you're conceding the game and wanted to get out one last meme before you go.

No because that would completely fucking nerf the mill mechanic.

>new cards
>nothing meta defining
>just going to be the same old aggro/token cancer

Please rate the power level of these cards in arena.

Ice Block
Bittertide Hydra
Dirty Rat
Gluttonous Ooze
Glacial Shard

Avoid consulting tier lists of any kind before your answer.

Not to fucking mention what the fuck happens if you are at 10 cards and then you draw that card? Well how the fuck are they gonna code in a 11 card exception for that one card if it took them years to fucking add in more deck slots

The warrior weapon could help out against the tokens.

Cancer confirmed.
1 Blood Razor
2 Spirit Lash
Will be seen from time to time.
3 Plague Scientist
4 Shallow Gravedigger
Maybe?
5 Deathstalker Rexxar
Meme Decks
6 Blood-Queen Lana'thel
7 Chillblade Champion
8 Ice Breaker
FREE DUST
9 Prince Keleseth
10 Ticking Abomination

one or 2 of the death knights will be good but annoying as fuck to play against, thats probably all that will change

I wanna say 'b-but muh cardback' but even that is pretty mediocre.

ice block is ok
the rest is shit

Discard and mill aren't the same thing mechanically speaking. A card that gets milled because you had 10 cards already doesn't count as discarded. If you want proof see Silverware Golem, Fist of Juraxxus and Clutchmother, who all get milled perfectly fine.

So in this sense, the effect "Can not be discarded" would only prevent the card from being discarded by cards that make you discard a card and it could still be milled because milling is not discarding mechanically speaking.

Also no one plays mill.

Hydra
Rat
Shard
Ooze
Ice block

>shitty OC as OP pic

You guys are the wurst

Surely, Garrosh is the one who needs most help to control the board and new weapon to go face with.

no way, this is actually for real

Hydra > Shard > Ooze > Dirty Rat > Ice block

>even bothering with Umbra
Bitch pls. We all know the REAL Legend-worthy combo.

At least it's mediocre enough to be believable.

>ice block
its good, buys a turn just like constructed
>hydra
its okay, requires a lot of resources from your opponent
>dirty rat
never pick unless you enjoy pulling charged devilsaur
>ooze
its alright, 3 mana 3/3 isnt the worst you can do
>glacial shard
decent elemental activator and the turn one bane of rogues

damn, not what I would have went with but it has some potential

>This card needed "This card can not be discarded" added to it's card text.

Still not good enough. Discard in only ok in zoo because almost all our deck consists of disposable cards. At 5 mana and with no immediate effect, this card has no place in zoo. Zoo doesn't care about its health total anyway.

Discard in control will never work unless you get to choose every card you discard. It is never ok to discard key cards like jarraxus, shadowflame, burst or combo pieces. Even if the walock hero card is an op discard synergy control card, you can just casually discard it away beforeyou get to play it.

Someone needs to write "discard will never work" on a mallet and repeatedly beat Brode on the head with it.

3/10

WTF Blizzard

>good tier: ooze, shard
>wrong format tier: rat, hydra, block

New draenei cards when

Getting back into HS after like 6 months. Are hunter aggro decks still around? If so which cards are essential for it in UnGoro and Whispers?

Shard = Hydra >>> Ooze >> Ice Block > Rat
Shard is literally in all situations
Hydra is the strong but can be dead card
Ooze is situationally good to average
Ice Block just delays your death for one turn
Dirty Rat will lose the game for you

I can't actually see Spirit Lash being good. I hope they support Combo Priest in Standard more, though- really the only priest deck I've ever thoroughly enjoyed

>Hunter in Un'goro meta.

lul

Arthas getting a bad ass board clear deathrattle would be sick, but most likely would be seen as too slow.

Well in my original post I did say 'at a minimum' it needed a "can not be discarded" clause. It probably still wouldn't be a playable card in serious competitive but it would make for some fun as fuck memes with Deathwing considering you could play Deathwing with it in your hand and still be guaranteed a decent sized minion to throw down next turn due to all the buffs it got from you discarding the rest of your hand.

Whispers:

Un'Goro:
Crackwhore Razormaw
Jewish Macabre

>Are hunter aggro decks still around?
Yes, though less pure face and more 'midrange'.
>If so which cards are essential for it in UnGoro and Whispers?
Pretty much any of the good small beasts.

Hydra can win you the game by itself, not weak by any measure.

I stopped playing this game long ago, but just saw this card in the OP on the catalog.

Is Blizzard unironically still trying to force the discard mechanic on Warlocks? Has nobody told them that a RANDOM discard mechanic where you can't choose the discarded card simply can not work in a competitive card game unless you make the card effect broken?

DK Gul'Dan in the comic looks like the grim reaper, walking around with his scythe and shit
And judging by the leak his hero card will cost 10 mana so his hero power is gonna be insane.

You do realise its going to be

>2 Mana
>Summon a random minion you've discarded this game

Or worse

>Discover and summon a minion you've discarded this game

>tfw they missed the boat and could have given this effect to lich king bolvar to further cement himself in the useless hearthstone hero tier

>Even if the walock hero card is an op discard synergy control card, you can just casually discard it away beforeyou get to play it.
Exactly the problem unless they give the warlock hero card quest priority where it's always in your opening hand and costs 0 mana.

It was the budget meme for the past month or so thanks to Toast
youtube.com/watch?v=o2TlqswALdg

> I can't actually see Spirit Lash being good

Arthas isn't a name used for the Lich King after he became the Lich King, if you're going to make fake cards at least try

No matter how sexy they are, making the Draenei space aliens was a mistake. They were better as ugly shadow assassins.

I'm waitin' for them to print a new Rager card.
They're overdue and it seems like the theme of the expansion lines right up with the mediocrity.

>they're STILL pushing the discard lock bullshit

FUCK OFF BRODE YOU ABSOLUTE CUNT

DISCARD IS A HORRIBLE MECHANIC

the problem is it priest generally dont carry spell power anymore and maelstrom portal works great on shaman simply because spell power is easily accessible

The last expansion had all the Warlock's cards focusing on either spending your health to cast spells or discard mechanics. As you can imagine it hasn't gone well.

If Guldan has a "resurrect" of sorts, what will the Priests be then?

That summons a mealstrom

The only use I see it in is with evolved kobold for Hueg aoe + Hueg heal

> his hero power is gonna be insane
All discarded cards get +1/+1.

They were stuck in what to do with the lore after having the world be totally destroyed like three times.
'space aliens' is the next clear step in the theme of Fantasy.

It's going to be a Paladin card.
>Divine Rager
>3 mana 5/1 Divine Shield.

Basically the same concept as Shadow Rager for Rogue, take Magma Rager, make it a class card then slap an appropriate keyword on it. Or maybe it'll be a Priest card with Lifesteal or something.

Reminder Warlock has never had good cards and the only reason it was a thing before was because of the hero power and OP neutral card.

Now that all OP neutral cards have been rotated out Warlock will forever be trash because Blizzard is too retarded to understand that Warlock calls cards are too weak

>gets a body on the board
>in a class that can pull Spell Power out of its ass
>doesn't hit your own board

WOW GREAT MY DISCARDED CARD GOT +1/+1 IF ONLY I WAS STILL ABLE TO USE THE CARD

Blood Queen LaShitty is seriously the worst legendary they've printed since Boogiemonster

God I hope I don't open it

>Hellfire Rager
>2 Mana 5/1 Battlecry: Discard a card

fits with the theme of warlock being shit

Maybe a 3 mana 2/5 divine shield?

Place your bets on how Frostmourne is going to work.

Will it be a neutral legendary weapon?

What stats and effects will it have?

>servers down
>only shitty cards revealed
>all hype for expansion dead
good job blizzard

I reluctantly fell for the Deathwing - Warlock quest meme after unpacking the quest. I thought it would be a "fun as fuck meme" until I realized things lined up exactly as I wanted like 1 in 20 games. 19 concedes for 1 game of average meme was not worth it.

user...
hearthpwn.com/cards/61814-blood-queen-lanathel

>Enemies damaged by this weapon are frozen. Deathrattle: Resummon this weapon

Arthas will probably have Deathrattle: Equip Frostmorne and be neutral

ITT: autists judging cards before all of them are revealed.

>Lich King
>7 mana 6/7 Battlecry: Equip Frostmourne

>Frostmourne
>6/3
>Resummon any minion killed by this weapon on your side of the board

>Blizzard ruined my bossfu

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODE

>Play a 10 mana card in a discard deck
>Randomly discard it before you can play it in 9 out of 10 games

>not a demon
cmon at least make her synergies with other lock stuff

These are all wrong.

This is pretty close.

This is the correct answer.

Shard and Hydra are both good cards. Which one is better depends on your class (with hydra being worse in classes that use health as a resource so rogue/warlock) and deck. 5 mana 8/8 can be very hard to deal with, and can win games outright similar to Fel Reaver before. Freeze effects can be surprisingly strong when good trades are essential.

Ooze is an okay card. 3/3 statline for 3 isn't strong, and it won't hit a weapon too often, except rogue's hero power. Much different from constructed, where destroying Atiesh/Ashbringer can be very valuable tempowise, or destryoing an arcanite reaper that might help you stabilize.

Reasoning for ice block is basically there. It delays your death for one turn, but because you generally have no good way to stabilize or burn your opponent down after your ice block is triggered, you usually die anyway. If you had spent the 3 mana on something that actually affected the board, maybe you could've won.

Dirty Rat loses you games. Unlike in constructed where it can pull opponent's win condition out of their hand, in arena, all it does is pull out one of their cards for free that they were probably going to play anyway. It's not even good if you pull a big guy and have removal in hand for it. They could've wasted their entire turn playing it only to have it easily removed resulting in massive tempo loss, but instead you let them play it for free.

It'll be what you get when Arthas is either summoned or dies. It'll be a 5/3, same as Ashbringer.

Personally I'd like to see "minions killed by this weapon are summoned to your side of the board".

Infinite value you mean

Discardlock is the epitome of what makes HS such a shit game. It's not fun to play, when you win it feels like it was just luck, when you lose it feels like it was just luck.

Reminder they killed Handlock for this.

>3 mana 5/1 Divine Shield
That's actually a decent card though.
I got a funny one. How about...
>'Rager Hand Recruits'
>spell, 3 mana of course
>'This turn, Silver Hand Recruits you summon are 5/1 Elementals'
Hm, might still be too useful in Dude Paladin.

here he is boys

i want handlock and traditional (non discard) zoo back so badly
but that'll never happen if blizzard keeps pushing disco shit and "take 10 damage for a mediocre effect xd" cards

Quarterager
3 mana 1/5
Battlecry: Transform all your silverhand recruits into magma ragers.

>tfw this is the only decent card they've revealed so far

stat him

Lich King will be a 10 mana 5/6 with "Deathrattle: Become the Lich King" which replaces your hero (but does not change your life total but instead works like the newly introduced Hero cards), changes your hero power, gives you armour equal to the Lich King minion's original health and gives you Frostmourne, which is a 4/3 weapon.

It's not real.

It'll be like Tirion + Arthas will be a Paladin legendary.

this is fake right? this is one of the laziest designs i've ever seen, it's literally just aberrant berserker

Fucking hell you can't be serious

That one was fake.

You have to make it so Frostmourne can't attack heroes then.

Didn't her bossfight involve members of the raid being mindcontrolled and getting ridiculous damage buffs while fighting for her?
They should have made that her gimmick instead of discard mechanics.

As a Paladin player I would love it if Arthas was a Paladin legendary but I think it's only fair if he's neutral because lots of people like Arthas and he as a rule doesn't really have loyalty to anyone.

That being said, I'd also enjoy him being a Jaraxxus style card.

She bites a random player giving them a 100% damage buff for some time, after the buff fades, you need to go bite someone else or you become MC'd.

what the fuck is this art