Going fast in a slow car

going fast in a slow car

idk guys, why do i get a thrill outta raping my shit box? with 150 HP?

I drive a 400 HP car that i dont rape, driving it fast doesnt FEEL thrilling, its cushy smooth and way faster, but i dont FEEL it even if i push it, it still feels like a non sports car, i believe this issue of the FEEL is cause its automatic

But my shitbox is manual and is slow as shit but I do FEEL the thrill of raping it

The more of a rattletrap something is, the faster it feels. Something modern is a performance monster in comparison but you're so insulated you don't notice.

I have a 190 and a 400, both manual, but I don't approach them the same way at all.
My 400 is precision, going fast in it feels incredible, especially on good curves, where it's like being glued to the road.
The 190, on the other hand, doesn't feel like it was meant to be pushed anywhere near as hard (and I don't maintain it as well), and when I do, it gets unstable pretty quickly.

i completely understand this feel. my car gets a blazing 106hp but it FEELS fucking amazing to floor it

>tfw car feels like it's breaking apart and on the verge of losing control at a mere 90mph

Bitch, my car can’t even reach 90mph, I get that feel at like 75+

>mfw i always let off at around 115mph because of the engine screaming its guts off
i could get it up to 130 if i kept on it but im scared

>tfw back creates lift
>tfw already 70/30
>tfw sub 900 kg
Oversteer at >100 mph is no fun at all with a short wheelbase...

>breaking the speed limit

thats just because its a manual vs auto
autos are faster and smoother but boring and the feeling of speed is lost

OP I somewhat know these feels in the fact that I push my shitbox hard in corners. Nothing more thrilling than nailing an apex with your tires on the verge of losing traction even at 30mph.

Just put tighter shocks and stress bars on my little ZX3 Focus

fuck me it's tight now. It bounces more because of the tires than the springs, sidewalls are my weakness now. I need new tires and wheels.

Still only makes like 140, but my god it's like piloting a fruit fly.

Hey, I made this.

It describes my shitbox as well, all too true

Pushing a car to the edge of its capabilities is always a hoot. It's more noticable in a little shitbox because the trip to the ragged edge is much shorter. With more powerful cars there's more driver aids, insulation or just the fact that you're not skilled or brave enough to truly push the car to its limits.
In high school my brother drove a V8 Chevy Nova and I drove a Super Beetle. We spent far more time hooning around in the VW because it was just easier to get it to do stupid things.

owned a prelude and that felt incredibly fast compared to my wrx now lol.

its the fear of dying in a shitbox that probably gets your boner raging

>that odo

I own the car in OPs pic
It's exactly like that.
Designed to look fast but literally has a corolla motor. Thinking of swapping in a 20v 4age and installing a turbo. I want at least 300hp

I drive a 200hp car and a 330hp car and getting out of my nice car and into my shitbox is horrid,
go from firm suspension, little body roll, steering that lets you feel every bump,great brakes and plenty of power at any speed to gutless as fuck, can hardly pull up to 100km/h in 10 seconds, body roll for days, a shitty lsd, shit steering feel and terrible brakes.

>faster
Maybe in a straight line.

In every way if it's a modern auto. It isn't the late 90s anymore.