totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elf Roster Reveal:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Last thread Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=27Ua2pP31yE
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=720729515
twitter.com/AnonBabble

VAMPIRE-CHAN

SFO is utter shit.

No OC units SFO mod when?

What is it about the General culture that always has the first posts in a thread being shitposts?

You know what we really need to talk about? Compressed map size of the combined map.

What exactly are we gonna talk about? It's going to be compressed, that's all we know

THIS PLEASE THISSSSSSSSSSSSS

some user DO ITT

>compressed

Sure the ocean maybe but the devs explicitly said that the whole old world was being preserved along with every settlement/minor faction. The only thing being cut is the southwest of lustria.

>Hey, is it really fair of you to steal ideas and mods and make money off it on patreon?
>OH MY GOD ANOTHER JEW BRAINWASHED MUDSLIME LOVER LOOK AND LAUGH EVERYONE JUST MAKE UR OWN MOD IF YOURE SO BADASS

So Warhammer is a fantasy setting clearly inspired/copied from bastardized real world cultures and geography- but GW completely removed Africa and dindus.

What did they mean by this?

That's what we call compression yes. It'll also fuck over lizards as they won't have anywhere near as much land to unite, thus getting reduced income etc.
>Every settlement
Enjoy that hour long load time, and the additional 30 minutes turn waiting

No, there are dindus and no-africa, see the pygmies

They dont have any special units
Spearmen and rock throwers. Thats it really

But Warhammer does have its Africa?

greenskins/beastmen are arguably the dindus

>Pygmies
They're mezitos though. And there is african cultures in the southlands. Hell, there's even a vampire branch with voodo/african animalism faiths

Then what are ogres? American anglos?

It is now July, a chill wind blows in Naggaroth but the sea of malice is beginning to thaw. From Ghrond, a messenger comes bearing word of an ancient prophecy involving the lands of north Lustria. The Hag Queens offer many sacrifices to Khaine, while their underlings train relentlessy. Meanwhile the Druchii of Clar Karond whip their slaves ceaselessly in preparation for the Witch-Kings coming campaign.
A great fleet is being assembled and the armies of the Druchii arm themselves for total war, domination by a best elf soon!

Mongols

Mongols. They even have Asian faces

Mongols aren't fat, dumb and ugly always-hungries though, and they sure as hell didn't just decide to stay in one place because it was nicer than the great maw

>literally found all over the world
>staying in once place

???

They're so boring even a fantasy setting can't spice them up.

nah the hobgoblins are the mongols, they even have khangs

Ahhhhhhhh /twg/, the eternal general...

They're a footnote in the lore mentioned in places, but they do exist.
I found pic related in a big folder of concept art some user shared a while back.

>African mythos
>Boring
They make nord mythology seem like uncreative MRRG written trash. Try Veeky Forums sometimes.
Pretty sure the horseriding khans of the northern wastelands are mongols..

COCK
BIG THROGG COCK

We've been close to death a few times.

Point, I did forget about them

hey /twg/ whatcha thinkin bout

Alright, so I've been playing for a while now and just ended my Wood Elf campaign because I couldn't deal with King Chaos and his league of special snowflakes. Now I'm looking to start a new campaign with all I've learned, and I just don't know which one I should choose.
I tried the Empire, which played exactly like Total War: Empire and I was pretty good at that, and the Vampires, which were a little too rough to learn with. Are there any factions that are easy enough to get the ropes of battle? I suck at it if it's not the Empire where I can just artillery everything and let my muskets sing.

My biggest problem is deciding if I should auto-resolve battles which seem to have been lost or to risk it and try to win with my own, horrible commanding abilities.

thingken of fantasy ;_;

THROGG NOT COCK
THROGG IS THROGG

Can't wait to make Throgg cry with some fire

Dwarfs are pretty easy in vanilla, try them

Aren't they like the slowest faction in the game? How am I supposed to learn flanking maneuvers and micromanagement when I can just spam walls of slow-moving, armoured manchildren?

Alright Skarsnik, slowly back away from the dwarves and nobody gets hurt. Don't even try to get closer, I have lightning strike.

Sorry, didn't read your post throughly. Bretonnia might be better for learning flanking and micro, your peasants are utterly expendable, so you can focus on your knights and hammering the anvil.

Theyre losing less than 5 roughly settlements, i wouldnt call that really fucking them over. And Warhammer is one of the best optimized total war games to date, probably since they planned the combined map when they started work on it, I actually think it wont be as long load times as everyone says. But hey maybe im the optimistic fool here, but im giving them the benefit of the doubt after how well warhammer ran compared to the fucking mess Atilla still is.

As far as confederation and place to expand, wont every faction be able to push out now and capture everything?

Also the word 'expendable'. Does this mean that you can spam these as your front-line always or does it mean that they are shit as fuck and will do nothing against anything and are basically just fodder?

Yes.

This is a confusingly valid answer.

Why can only WoC recruit armoured trolls? Slapping some crude armour on a troll shouldn't be beyond the orcs. Is it that way in TT?

Ogres are smarter than greenskins and mastered gunpowder, they fulfill role of mongols by being nomad people who wander east.

Because orcs cant make armor im guessing, they just use the stuff they find

You can technically make as many of them as you want, though this impact your Peasant economy the more you do it. There's a limit where it will start having a negative economy effect, although the game won't hardcap them. And they are shit as fuck, with the exception of Squires and Battle Pilgrims.

Also, when it comes to unit-types, should I focus on having Lords recruit less unit-types to specialize (IE. a Lord with nothing but cavalry or a Lord that has mostly anti-armor etc.) or should I have a wide as possible array of different troops to counter anything that I run into?

youtube.com/watch?v=27Ua2pP31yE
So wait, how hammer of sigmar end up in space/sky so it could fall down on Mordheim? Is it this same weapon Karl Franz now wield? Emperors before this accident didn't wield Ghal Maraz? Was it lost up until this point?

Armoured Trolls don't exist in the tabletop at all.

Literally Radious-tier.

I personally try to have a very diverse army, although I am playing with an AI recruitment mod

Bretonnia doesn't exactly have a lot of unit types, I wouldn't worry about it

>Mongols aren't fat, dumb and ugly always-hungries though
they kind of are. real life mongols are really stocky and oiled barra wrestling is part of their cultures. ogres are just giant version of them

Is there a recommended magic overhaul mod

>mastered gunpowder

Not really, they buy all their weapons from the Chaos Dwarfs. All they do is reload and fire their guns, which they aren't really that good at.

It's figurative

No, it is just an allegory or whatever.

A comet signaled the birth of Sigmar. A comet "signaled" the destruction of Mordheim way later.

Orcs and goblins are too dumb to do even that.

>Ogres aren't mongols, they are just fat slinty eyed oriental blobs

Ah, okay

How powerful is The Green Knight in combat?

>Ogre armies are monstrous units only
H Y P E

It's sad how lacking your understanding of culture is.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=720729515

Not particularly. He's tough to take down though, on account of him being a spooky ghost and all.

>Fat.
>Loud.
>Obnoxious.
>Eat all the time.
>Obsessed with guns.
>Ruthless capitalists.
>Leader is a retarded rich guy.
>Constantly gets involved in other peoples conflicts.
>"""Native""" lands were conquered from another race, once mighty, but now reduced to a few inbred alchoholics.
>What little culture they have is based entirely around shitty food, as a result they immitate and appropriate other peoples culture.
>Reliant on the mass labor of a lesser race to do all the shitty jobs they don't want to do.
>Is constantly kept in check by a race of large-nosed, darkhaired, hatwearing, greedy imperialists.

Literally americans.

Does this change the different Lores so they're actually different?

So are ethereal units invincible cheese vs AI? Does CA just not care?

Is it at all possible to have the green knight as a LL

What's that, big guy?

So what's this fuss about SFO? Should I get it for my third playthrough or no?

mod it yourself

t. steel*faith

I've never seem him be overly killy, but leave him out and about and unless the enemy has magic damage he'll just stand there forever taking hits to the face without worry.

It's a good overhaul mod plagued with shitty units, unlike Radious which is a shitty overhaul mod plagued with shitty units.

Are you just being a useless shitposting cunt or can you mod new LL or make lords LLs?

Greenskins are chavs and soccer hooligans though.

Post proofs of that vampire branch.

Give it a try, the only person you can trust is yourself.

Its been awhile since I last played but I do remember it making the lore of metal pretty great

>useless
>shitposting

ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER

Your first mistake.

you can definitely make new LL's

in an overpowered way? I don't want a magic buff, I want more interesting magic

All shitposting is useless, while not all shitposting is useless, this much is obvious to anyone. More useless things to say?

Post proof of negrovamps or getout

Danke buddy, pack file manager will still do me for anything I need right?

I can't wait for TW:W2 so we can implement rogue armies to TW:W1 map as well.
Wandering bands of
>Witch Hunters with Fanatics, Flagellants and Warrior Priests.
>Sisters of Sigmar
>Fimir only armies
>Troll only armies
>Mercenaries
>Forest goblins
So many opportunities for new enemies. If only map of the Old World was bigger...

PFM can do everything
Just grab a mod that adds LLs, open it up, see how it's done, then do it yourself

It should, but how you would actually do it is beyond me

I would look at the faction overhauls for normally unplayable factions to see how they did their LL's

you are like a little babby

watch this

Cheers buddy, not my first time fucking around with mods so should be a breeze, thanks for clearing that up for me my man

Yeah I've always downloaded a base and just reversed engineered like a chink

THROGGED

FUCK OUTTA MY WAY

IS THIS THE ANCIENT POWER OF CA ANIMATIONS?!?!?!

>the best he can do is kick around shit-tier Bret infantry
Fucking pathetic.

First sighting of Skinkwolfs in action

>when your voter base gets so enthusiastic you have to gentle shoo them away

What can you expect from cowardly Trolls? They run away as soon as they lose a little health ingame?