Cadillac ATS and CTS sedans dead after 2019

>After a relative lull in product introductions, Cadillac has a pipeline of new vehicles ready to boost the brand’s fortunes. Or so the General Motors division hopes.

>In early 2016 Cadillac launched the XT5 FWD crossover and CT6 sedan, following it up with a refreshed XTS in late 2017. Next year brings bigger news in the form of the XT4 compact FWD crossover, with at least one other FWD crossover waiting to plug another hole in the brand’s utility lineup.

>The ATS sales is shrinking faster than George at the pool. Actually, the same can be said for the Cadillac sedan line overall. U.S. sales have fallen each year since 2013, the model’s first full year on the market. Over the first 11 months of 2017, ATS sales are down 37.5 percent compared to last year. In November, just 831 ATS models moved off dealer lots — the lowest number since the model’s first month on the market, September 2012.

>Under NHTSA rules, an automaker can submit information on upcoming models until 60 days before the start of production, so it’s possible Cadillac’s 2019 lineup isn’t yet set in stone.

>Should the changes occur, it shouldn’t come as a huge surprise. The ATS and CTS are due to disappear after that model year. This past summer, Cadillac president Johan de Nysschen described the brand’s plan to “rebalance its sedan portfolio,” stating that a CT5 sedan will target buyers in the $35,000 to $45,000 range, with a smaller sedan arriving later to fill a lower price bracket. The remaining CT6, he implied, would go further downscale.

>Also going full-steam ahead on new FWD crossovers, as per current and future industry trends.

tl;dr: RWD sedans are dead and will not be replaced due to very poor sales. More FWD SUV/crossovers are coming. Is Cadillac done for goods?

Other urls found in this thread:

gmauthority.com/blog/2017/12/cadillac-sales-figures-numbers-results-november-2017-united-states/
gmauthority.com/blog/2017/12/cadillac-ats-to-go-coupe-only-and-discontinue-sedan-for-2019-model-year/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They're a victim of the market like everyone else

Did you forget to post the link to whatever you're quoting>?

CT6 is going strong it seems.

Cadillac has been in constant flux for 20 years now. I like some of the products they've pumped out during that span, but they just never seem to get on the right path. It sucks.
I really hope they figure it out. Trying to out-German German doesn't seem like the sweet spot.

I thought CT6 is a rival of E-class, A6, and 5er?

Its larger than a 5 series but priced lower than a 7 series and S class. the CTS is still 5 series size and the ATS is 3 series size.

I'm guessing their new CT5 and CT-whatever below that will fill in where the CTS and ATS left off.

Say what? The XT5 is their biggest seller, by far. Next comes the Escalade, then the XTS. The CTS is their worst seller so far in 2017. They need more SUVs and less cars. Maybe more FWD cars like XTS.

gmauthority.com/blog/2017/12/cadillac-sales-figures-numbers-results-november-2017-united-states/

correct, but a bit mixed.

Nice fake exhaust.

In a perfect world manufacturers would produce 25k~ rwd sedans with 4 cyls and a basic interior so poorfags like me could still have fun and still have a practical car. But no manufacturer would do that, they wouldn't want to be associated with ricers and other retards who would fuck up their image. Rwd will always have a high price to filter out the riff raff and the rest of us poorfags will forever be relegated to fwd

>inb4 frs

I read that the replacement of ATS will be a rebadged Camero. Only coupe. Still rumor.

well, there is a kia RWD car.
>inb4 kia shill

Well, CT6 will be downscaled.
>The remaining CT6, he implied, would go further downscale.

They already share the same platform.. you can't rebadge a car that came after.

That user means the next-gen ATS/CT4 whatever will be a rebadged Camero. No sedan. Look up XLR and Corvette.

The Corvette came before the XLR that what makes it a "re" badge. the ATS came before the Camaro. the next ATS/whatever they have to replace it will still be on the alpha platform.

Then the current Camero is a rebadged ATS.
I know they are on the same platform. My points is that next ATS/whatever will be coupe only, not sedan. Since Camero is a coupe, so the next ATS is a technically rebadged Camero.

gmauthority.com/blog/2017/12/cadillac-ats-to-go-coupe-only-and-discontinue-sedan-for-2019-model-year/

I think a fully electric Tesla Model S competitor would be a smart move. It could use similar parts as the Bolt, but be more focused on comfort and luxury than ultra-fast acceleration. Give it at least 300 miles of range, AWD, a 0-60 time in the low 4 second range, better materials, seats, and packaging, Super Cruise autonomy, softer suspension, and significantly more rear seat room.

The design should be an evolution of the current design language, with an overall more stealthy appearance, chrome in very thin strips, with no large blocks of chrome anywhere, thin LED headlights and taillights, and a wedge shaped front that comes to a gentle point. Instead of a fake grille, let the entire car be the symbol of the brand. Give the front and rear a sleepy, but aiming appearance.

>Camero
>Camero
Learn to spell, Rodriguez

>25k

>done for good
>actually making car people want
Veeky Forums is so naive

IIRC FWD is cheaper to produce, so it's a good choice for a mass-market car.

The problem is GM cant let Cadillac be Cadillac because of the cost of having to produce different pannels and a new platform. If Cadillac had some autonomy Cadillac would be cranking out best selling luxury cars

no
fuck

I hope they dont kill the V's. I do not want to buy some European AMG or M Class or god forbid Audi RS for my next car. Hopefully they bring out new V line at least to replace these.

Wait until it depreciates faggot.

>inb4 hurr i finance meme

>M class

You actually caught the mistake that I placed on purpose. I just hoped you would understand the reasoning behind it, and actually transcribed it instead of placing said snickering remark. I did it because BMW and Mercedes along with more than few car manufactures have made their vehicles so similar in design that one can easily be mistaken for another. I personally like vehicles to look and be different not just from other brands but from their own lineup, excluding a few or small details to still create a homologous in said brand.

Cadillac needs to stop being a German wannabe car. They need to return its original root, landyacht.
>Trying to out-German German doesn't seem like the sweet spot.
This user gets it right.

I agree...look how well the escalate land yacht sells

>Cadillac needs to go out of business
This is what you're saying

Why haven't they fired that fraud Johan yet and moved HQ back to Detroit? All that hack has done has blown 100s of millions in Manhattan

>Cadillac president Johan de Nysschen
needs to be fired. he's a no-talent huckster

nobody bought these meme cars. nobody with real money buys a fucking cadillac car. ZERO brand status. ats-cts-xts = rental/funeral/nigger/uaw wop cars

Well good thing I got mine now, and in a manual too.

Nice car.

found the poor person. go buy an entry level european car and larp as rich you actual badge whore. get off Veeky Forums also. you are not real car enthusiasts.

Cadillac should pull an AW11 and make a MR electric roadster from the bolt drivetrain

>implying being German-like is helping to save Cadillac despite it will hurt them in long run.
Why you want Cadillac to suffer from a severe identity crisis?