Big on the outside, small on the inside

What are some cars that have a cramped interior, despite their large outer appearance?

The H1 and the passenger side of the Ford E-Series are all I know.

Renault Kadjar

Biggest piece of shit I’ve ever driven. I rented one when I was in France. It was more cramped for the 5 of us + luggage than in my fathers 2003 VW golf.

The dashboard was about 30 feet long and the boot was tiny.

It also had a 1.2l engine and was a massive piece of shit.

original mini cooper seats 4 people

Despite the amount of space in one, the front/cab of a landrover series 2 is super cosy. When three of us sit in the front my friend eats an elbow to the chest each time I shift gear.

Gotta have them cupholders though

Evoque

Unironically the 370z. Bigger than my wife's 2015 beetle but still so little room.

I daily an e450 as well.

these are focus sized on the outside but fiesta sized on the inside. the doors are so thick i think its basically impossible to die in a crash in one of these.

Friend of mine bought one, sold it, regretted it, then bought another for around £11k
Nice car but what a fucking moron.

God the H1 interior is so fucking cool. "Driver oriented" to fucking 11.

The latest generation taurus. Such a fuckhueg center console for no reason

forgot pic

Lol I disagree. Plenty of legroom and headroom ain't bad cuz muh double bubble.shoulder room is meh but I like the tight seats

seats installed crooked from factory

Kek, the console in the police version is much prettier, that looks like shit, and there appears to be no cup holders.

Still, cops complain that the taurus is way to damn tiny, the doughnut munchers have to drive the bigger ford explorer.

That’s not mine. It’s a picture from the internet. Also they aren’t seats. It’s a single bench with some seat parts on. That bolts to the bulkhead. It can’t be crooked, just the cushions can be crooked.

Fisker Karma.

Model S big, but the interior space of a 911

The seats on this are designed with the biggest lard assess in mind possible.

Id imagine this has to do with the fact that it was designed around being a police interceptor and needing all that space for onboard computers and gear and shit.

This thing. My mom has an identical one. It's fucking yuge but goddamn is it cramped as fuck on the inside, especially the back. Also the center console is virtually useless because they decided to put the CD drive in there for some reason.

I work at a used car dealer so I think I can add some...

Current gen Taurus- Xbox Hueg size, claustrophobic interior with the highest windowsill I have ever seen in a car. All the extra space that should have gone to the cabin went toward a massive trunk for no reason

Chebby HHR- cramped as hell for how roomy it looks on the outside. I'm fairly short and my knees had no space to move around the footwell.

My own Lexus AWD IS has a massive hump in the middle of the footwell for the trans. Its so obstructive that your legs are pointing left. The rest of the cabin is also pretty small too.

The Audi R8 is also alot smaller than you think on the inside. My manlet head hits the ceiling, which is crazy considering you are practically on the floor. The rest of the cabin is really cramped too

I can add a few more as I think of them that arent the generic sports car cramped like the Camaro and the C7. R8 was unusually cramped so it was worth a mention

>designe fwd shitbox
>"haha see fwd is superior because of MUH NO DRIVETRAIN TUNNEL"
>install a giant fucking middle panel for no reason
>autotragic only, not like they ever intended an MT to be down there

My '13 Focus is as big as a 90s 5-series on the outside yet the interior is cramped as fuck

I'm 6'2" and Foci aren't cramped in the front. The rear seats are another story but that's what you get from a compact car.

Here's another one: the 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK. It looks midsize from the outside but feels like a subcompact on the inside. It has surprisingly narrow footwells, and the seats don't slide back far enough for tall passengers. The 2007-2010 model years don't have arm rests on the doors, and the center armrest is solid plastic. If there is one redeeming creature comfort, it's the seats. They're shaped perfectly, and the softness feels just right. They almost make up for the shortcomings.

Driver's seat is comfortable enough but the passenger seat is unconformable due to the stupid kneeroom robing dash design, and also because at least in my poverty spec SE it doesn't lower.

I thought the back seat room was decent, but not as much as I thought it would be for the size of the vehicle. The 2008-2012 Jeep Liberty back seats feel more spacious relative to the overall size, which I'm guessing is partly due to the boxier design and higher seating position.

It still winds up being pretty comfy desu; even if the console looks bigger than it really is, and it's only slightly bigger than the average center console in a large sedan. The only really noticable part of it is that you get a bigger armrest you don't have to fight over.

Thing is though, even the Interceptors don't get rid of the stupid center console. They just make it hollow so you can have fold-out computers and whatzits- still a far cry from the Crown Vics and the downright cavernous space between the seats of an P71, even including the tranny tunnel.

For comparison.
>tfw you will never again see an average family sedan with such a low, flat, and wide dashboard, with oodles of leg and arm room on both sides

>Bought a Kia Picanto two years ago because I needed a daily right there and then
>Decent cabine space even on the backseats despite being an A-segment car
>On the lookout for a D-segment now
>About 1.5 as wide, and twice as long as my picanto
>Every single one of them feels just as cramped
How the fuck?

I can smell this picture

Modern Subaru Forester.

Hell, most modern SUVs and Crossovers. But especially the fucking Forester.

>tfw driving the opposite

:3

i sat in a 1997 suburban yesterday-- for being a big car on the outside, the interior felt like a crammed station wagon. Everything felt small, and visibility was terrible out the front windshield was awful. I drive an 89 suburban (previous generation) and it feels huge and spacious in comparison. more like a large passenger van or something. in photo they dont even look that different, but in person, they feel like two completely different car classes.

>tfw more room than crossover
I'd prefer no space cause now I need a bucket seat

iktf

I have more space in this tiny shitbox than in my parents 2012 Octavia (which is supposed to be the same class)

Because its a deathtrap you retard.
Stuff like this is why you are poor.

third gen rams. The transmission sticks out where your passenger's feet should go

It's the bench seat and smaller dash that changes how it feels. I got a 1994 sierra which is really close to a square body interior and it feels so much bigger than a 95+ interior

Kenworth w900
Looks so narrow for being a Big Rig

Conventional trucks are in fact pretty narrow in the cab. Look at how little of the overall width the windshield actually takes up. All the morbidly obese truckers and those with dogs on the road prefer aerodynamic trucks with wider cabs nowadays.

Aerodynamic truck for comparison.

>buying a cheap, reliable, and easy to repair car is the reason I'm poor

Also, who gives a fuck about living?