Where are my toybaru boys at

where are my toybaru boys at

post em up

Is this a joke?

>tfw still don't have meme car

This will be a very slow thread.

I think the other owners are still on their way, should be another day or two.

kek savage

God i fucking hate birds.

Anyone can buy a fast car user. Doesn't mean you can drive fast though

;)

>drives a meme car
>proceeds to spout memes too
>Car is still stock
mfw

>Implying that driver skill is a meme and isn't a huge factor in any kind of legitimate race.
Have you ever been to a race track user? Can you explain why you see Miatas lapping M3s and Corvettes?

Let me guess, you probably have a list of of track times set by professional drivers memorized don't you?

Also, my car is only 3 years old, I'm in no rush to modify it.

we can’t all drive camaro’s and fuck our cousins

Some of us had the foresight not to blow our money on a new car we were going to grow out of in a couple years. So instead of being stuck driving a slow car fast, we can actually drive fast cars fast.

Stay mad new car cuck.

translation: I cannot afford a newer car or have bad credit

>he has to buy cars that were raped by the previous owner because he's too poor to afford the same level of performance new
>calls others cucks

>tfw getting the urge to buy a brz now they are finally coming off of warranty and supercharger kits are plentiful
>realizes my 06 WRX is already better

>anyone and everyone that owns one says original tires are cancer
>stays stock
>psh you ever been on a track kid?
Yea I have m8 but clearly you haven't. Unless youre trying to say that you can pass M3's while your ass end is flying around on every corner faggot

FAST CARS
0-60 in 7.6 sec
FAST CARS mfw

>Buying a 10 year old enthusiasts car and paying ricer tax for a clean example.
Wew lad

>>realizes my 06 WRX is already better
I've driven plenty of WRXs, the only way they are better is cargo capacity and straight line acceleration. With AWD you get more drivetrain loss, more maintainance, and more understeer. Not to mention economy car seating position. My stock SRT4 would destroy WRXs in straight line and on curvy roads.

What is the point in spending $800 on new tires when the original tires are still adequate? Like i said, I'm not in a rush to modify the car. I've owned and modified plenty of cars, I like to take my time and enjoy the car for what it is.

Had my 13 limited for a year now and going to start the mods next year since I'll be receiving a pretty substantial raise

First up is tomei headers with oft
After will finish the exhaust either go cheap with invidia n1 or spend a bit more on an his systemcant decide between single or dual exit.
Then work begins on suspension with coilovers either cheap tein flex z or spend some more on BC racing matched with rpf1 or TE37 on PSS tires.

Then comes the big decision to go for boost or stay NA there is a nice kit by SBD for around 3k that you can run off the OFT

Thoughts?

Meant to say an HKS system. Phone posting on the john

I've always thought that I'd either keep an na until it blows up and replace it with a boosted engine or vice versa

I'm past warranty now anyway at around 56k miles. If I blew it up I don't think I'd put another FA20 in it.

I'd like to see a VR6 get put in one, may even do it myself when I save up enough

I have tomei headers and invidia exhaust.

Sounds pretty good but i’d like a little more noise.

because you're the one stating that you can drive "fast" on a car thats tail happy and not "fast" at all. Those $800 tires make all the difference. Overall do what you want, I'm glad you actually drive a car unlike most of Veeky Forums, although why do you take so long to modify? just personally curious, I know you said you like to "enjoy the car" but that car has so much more potential and personality with minor mods

Reporting in, why is Veeky Forums so upset at us having nice things?

I’m enjoying my car

Can't tell if the 2017 wheels look better than previous ones or not, either way it was just a matter of time

>waaaaahh why am I being made fun of
Because you shill your car constantly on this board and rip on other cars for being pigfat/not sports cars yet your (((track car))) gets absolutely crushed by 4 cylinder muscle cars.

You're a moron if you think it's anyone here making those threads, it's some autist that loves to bait morons into week long shitposting sessions while he sits back and contributes nothing

>Anyone can buy a fast car
Apparently you can't

The busriders have arrived

Invidia n1 sounds like shit, q300 is way to go

>srt4 destroying WRX

hahaha thats rich user, nice larp

This pic represents what those Subaru/Toyota's are.
A botched surgery gone wrong.
Vape life brah!
Flat world brah!
AWD or NoWD brah!
But the low boost brah!
Have fun voiding factory warranty.
Have more fun replacing too many moving parts in the engine.
2 heads/4cylinders.. 4 cams/4 cylinders... poop.
Keep telling yourself Subaru is a good brand.

Sorry for your loss user, hope you can buy something soon!

Why would you say this? You literally stating the 86 has no merits on its own.

God tier handling and low cog

I never said I'm a track star, or that my personal car is a togue machine. My point was that people on here take too much stock in track times and magazine data. People act like if they buy a 40k car that they will be able to replicate all the performance figures set by paid professionals. There is so much more involved to being consistently fast in a car. I haven't modified my car because the 86 is extremely well balanced from the factory. Also, I used to live in Commiefornia so I had to deal with smog Nazis.

>Apparently you can't
I've owned plenty of fast cars user. I quickly realized that very fast cars get old on public roads. I wanted something fun that I could regularly drive WOT without getting a felony.

>hahaha thats rich user, nice larp
SRT4 makes more power to the wheels and weighs less. What's so hard to believe about that???

>Why would you say this? You literally stating the 86 has no merits on its own
I don't think anyone ever claimed that the 86 was a fast. People don't buy a 86 because it's quick. They appreciate the low weight, 2+2 seating, low seating position, and great steering/shifting/throttle response. It's predictable and easy to control at the limit. Not to mention it's economical, reliable, and cheap to maintain. It's not perfect and there are better cars depending on what your priorities are, but it's a solid platform and a lot of fun.

Handleing is a vague descriptor. It's very nimble, and does really good in autocross, but at higher speeds it doesn't turn as well as it's competitors. I think it's because road terrain easily upsets it due to it's light weight, but it could just be lack of mechanical grip.

low CoG is a meme in the BRZ/FRS because of the boxer. The wheelbase isn't wide enough for the lateral weight distribution, so the torque about the roll axis is nearly the same if it had a conventional tall engine that was more centered.

At first I thought you were the typical FRS faggot but you seem pretty reasonable. It's just that most FRS drivers are either normies that decided to be a snowflake while at the Toyota dealership, or are retards that think "tuner" means anything. It's easy cast a bad light on it because of these people, but when you ignore this background and look at the car on it's own properties (as you should with any reveiw), the FRS is not a bad car by any means.

Here's my 2013 GTS, stock standard and auto aside from some audio stuff and sound proofing since its my daily.

thats cute man, where did you get the diecast from?

God that looks beautiful

I mean... I never understood this car. If you want driver enjoyment isn't a lighter MX-5 a better car? If you want performance isn't a beefier WRX a better car?

Yes, those are the best 3 cars in price range new

I probably would have looked at a miata if it had a proper roof.

Theyre basically more livable miata, and more trackable since you can bring your gear to tbe track with you without a mini trailer.

It's kinda cheating because I live in a white area, but toyobaru drivers are embarrassingly bad here. Of the cars themselves, most are just stock internals with gross 4-tip catbacks, but I have gone against 4 vape shop specials as well.

First time was blue BRZ. He had a carbon hood and trunk, turbo, those Subaru rally wheels with all the spokes, and painted tires. He was a typical subie vape boy, with slam steering always always trying to match speed in the straights so he can flip the bird. Fell back on switch backs and didn't bother to finish.

Second time was more fun. White FRS with big bumpers and skirts. Yellow tint on the headlights, chrome 5-spoke wheels, and some forced in duction setup. What was funny was that he brought his "crew" which consisted of a slammed Camry with asentis, and a debadged CLA. This guy couldn't shift at all. They all fell out of view, but the CLA made it to finish before the other two. They were pretty chill.

Third was a joke. Some redditor took three spaces to park his red FRS diagonally. He was sitting on the hood while trying to talk to the vape crowd across the driveway. Literally kept talking about he has a driver's car, and that he likes to handle curves instead of just going fast in a line. His car was equally pathetic; universal carbon lip on both bumpers and skirts, fake carbon hood wrap, fake gold bbs, standard park bench wing, and the stickers you would expect: bad luck club and maid dragon. Saw me at the finish, flipped me off, and kept driving.

Fourth was a creeper. He was like a 30 something man bragging about how he spent 45k modding his FRS. It had a rocket bunny kit, neochrome, and other gaudy crap. He took offense to some of my comments and actually challenged me. That FRS was fast on the straights, and he was leading for the first half. Once the curves started, I was able to take lead. He tried to pick a fight so I drove off.

Call me an insecure faggot, but toyobaru is literally Audi tier here

The 86 is a car compromise. It is not a bad car, but it is not specialized like it's competitors. There's nothing wrong with being a generalist, but only someone with brain damage would call such a car god machine or even great.

doing gods work user

I don't believe you. Miatas use trailers to carry a full set of wheels. Toyobaru is barely a volume increase, and not to any shape useable for storing wheels.

I never understand why some autists get so upset over the ft86 platform
Its a great chassis and you can buy them now for a very reasonable price. It WILL be the new S chassis now that most of those have been ruined by mexicans

>BUY A MIATA REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Not everyone wants to spend 30k on a 2 seat convertible.

And not everyone wants a turbocharged AWD sedan.

>Toyobaru is barely a volume increase, and not to any shape useable for storing wheels
It was literally designed to be able to carry 4 spare wheels and a jack.

It's pretty easy to see why, it's reaction to fanbase of the platform. Toyota is much bigger than Mazda, so the 86 will easily get more normies than the Miata ever could. Most normies don't bother with any real hobbies, but will always pretend to be something if it makes them look good. Anyone that works in a young office knows that one guy always wearing untucked, solid colored, buttoned shirts that bought an FRS because he's going through a midlife crises before thirty. Everyone in highschool knows that one kid who wears plaid shirts thinking they're flannels, and calls himself a car guy because he put a catbacks on the FRS mommy bought him. Everyone knows that one vape faggot that drives a BRZ because he desperately wants to be noticed.

No other "drivers" car has been this accepted since the mustang here, and the only reason the mustang gets a pass because it's no longer a unique car, it's expected for young people to like mustangs, so it is not something that stands out anymore.

Were you driving that civic in these stories?

>30k
For real?

Just bought one new for 15k.
The downside? Living in Tacoland

funny because where I live a military town most of the tobarus are modded and among the only community that really knows shit about cars. All the normies drive stock mustangs/challengers/camaros

But you can't in a FR-S/BRZ

might as well as buy a fast car and learn instead of a slow car that can't be fast without an LS Swap.

Not everyone can afford corvettes here, dingus

everyone can afford C4s.

WAAH DONT SPEND YOUR MONEY THE WAY YOU WANT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YOU HAVE TO BUY A MIATA YOU HAAAAAAVE TO BUY A MIATA BECAUSE I SAID SO

brz is better than any iteration of the miata period end of story. The only real deciding factor is price and the new MX5 is MORE EXPENSIVE THAN A BRZ LMAO

>brz is better than any iteration of the miata period end of story
buyer's remorse: the post

There are plenty of 'normies' who drive the WRX, Focus/Fiesta ST, and Civic SIs too. There are plenty of knowledgeable 86 owners who aren't ricers.

So you bought a brand new ND for 15k?

My dad owns a C4, it's a shite car m8. I've owned my 86 for almost 4 years and there isn't a car new or used that I would rather have for 25k.

I'm not him, but I will always prefer the 86 over the Miata because of the fixed hard top.
>Ib4 ND RF

a c4 is my dream car. They're expensive as fuck around here

>busriders

Should I join the kool kar klub?

yes, perfect track car too. Easily fit 4 tires and tools

make sure there is nothing wrong with it first

What size are those wheels and tires in the 3rd picture?

My handsome boi

>c4 is my dream car
You’re either 16 or poor and have no taste. Either way kys

I love your Crown Vic

hope those vents are functional and you have some engine mods to necessitate them
like the color tho

I'm just eastern european. It's the only aesthetically pleasing car to ever come out of America desu.
I want one so bad but 8-15k euros is like 3 years' salary for me. I drive a Mini now.

>Zorros in background

Alameda?

I track and it’s for cooling. I used to run the Vortech Supercharger but I’m switching to JDL’s UEL turbo soon.

>Civic user wasn't making this up

Thoughts on the Vortech kit? Why do you wanna switch to a turbo with more problems?

You should just run a Jackson Racing supercharger and be done with it.

Love it but it eats belts. I’ve been through three in the span of a year and 30 track days.

Jackson overheats frequently despite being one of the best in the market. Edelbrock is literally the best right now because it doesn’t have the overheat/soaking problem.

what turbsky you getting for that kit?
I was looking into the SBD kit for mine they are both around the same price range

SBD is amazing now and will make more power, plus has a better following.

JDL is more super duty and comes in UEL. The latter part is what made me decide on it after nearly buying the SBD half a dozen times.

Isn't there a better belt you can get that'll withstand or all varieties have snapped?

plus you can run SBD kit off the OFT if you already have one which is nice

I’ve seen a few options but I got somewhat impatient. I took the whole thing off before another track day when I couldn’t get a replacement in time. Sold the kit for nearly market.

Exactly. I run OFT and love it.

>OFT
Why do people use this? Isn't ecutek better in every way? I imagine the tablet is just good for simple mods rather than FI
Why not edelbrock if it's been proven good?

It’s very adjustable and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. I also live ten minutes from the guy who made it so it’s easy for me. In addition, I have 6 different tunes I can use within a few minutes of one another thanks to its settings. Namely one being E85. It’s also great for clearing engine codes, data reading, and info logging.

It was just becoming widely available when I already had the kit in. I am tempted to switch to it versus JDL’s turbo if I can get a good price.

Are the fog lights supposed to be lime green or did mine get #riced?

Have you lost any comprehension? How's the oil consumption?

I haven’t lost any compression. It’s more uncommon for that to happen with these cars after the 2013’s issues were addressed.

Should be clear.

why didn't yall just buy wrxs

>why didn't yall just buy wrxs
Why not both?

lel thought something was off there. The don't seem like they through as much light as they should.

Oh well, the previous owner took great care of it overall and the only truly objectionable thing was the loud catback, which was easily dealt with.

I've done an Impreza before but wanted specifically to try RWD and this thing was available in good shape at a good price. I was also curious to see just how much I really still need real back seats and interior cargo space.

And it's not difficult to strap things to the roof even without a rack for those odd times you need to haul a bunch of stuff.

>Civic user wasn't exaggerating

It's just a tint film over the lens, relax

Well, you kind of have to expect it for the market segment. He also took the "BRZ" lettering off the trunk, removed the wing, put a more comfortable button on the hand brake for doriftos, and I'm thinking the foot well lights are aftermarket because they don't dim with the rest of the console lights. All in all nothing too childish. The foot well lights kind of test my limit of rice tolerance, but they're at least they're done well.

Does trunk have holes left over from spoiler?

No, that's the strange part. Maybe he ordered a limited without one? Otherwise he must have put a whole new trunk lid on.

I love this forum where 90 percent of you are bus riders and 3 speed having yanks

Just swap cars every year like I do and enjoy them all

Next car a bmw 2002 with a turbo busa engine

No 2 door imprezas here :(

He probably trunk swapped with someone on forums, there should be VIN on inner right side see if it matches. If he was original owner maybe he special ordered

Why swap?

I just add