First car

Live in socal and I'm looking to buy my first car (I've been driving for 2 years but I've only got experience on automatic 14 corolla and Forester). I'm looking at either either an FC, MR2, or an RX-8. Which would be the cheapest to DD factoring in insurance, gas, and maint?

Other urls found in this thread:

losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/2001-honda-civic-ex-vtech/6428723553.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>inb4 3k civic

Forgot to specify it's an AW11 not an SW20

What's your budget?
Realistically I wouldn't recommend any of those due to them being special snowflakes and maintenance heavy.

Unironically, I would suggest the 3k civic. Simple, cheap, use it to learn how to wrench on shit and how to drive a manual.. Then maybe get one of those three as your project car/DD if you wanna play it risky.

Yeah, 3k civic is the right way to go.

>that image
hearty keks

Can't play with that right now, what it do

If you 'need' something sporty, maybe go for a miata. It's also super simple to wrench on, stupid reliable, and will reward you plenty for any decent mod you throw on it.

Not even memeing here, 3k civic

Yah I was considering one of these too but the hairdresser meme hits too close to home

If I gotta go Honda would a 91 prelude be a good car to learn to work on? Prefer the way it looks

are you a hairdresser or a faggot?

I'm not really looking into modding it so would this still apply?

Bump

All three of those take a fair bit of attention to keep working right. I own an RX-8, and would not suggest as a first car to own since it will occasionally demand sacrifices of great time and money to keep it working. It's totally worth it to me, but unless you know how to do everything including engine replacement at home the dealer/mechanic will screw your wallet rightly with any of those cars.

If you can wrench and like the clingy girlfriend kind of car, then I would personally suggest an RX-8. Otherwise, steer clear of anything old or sporty, especially anything both old and sporty.

Never fixed up a car with the exception of servicing (rotating tires, oil change, etc) but I'm not opposed to learning how to fix my car

3k civic

There any other alternatives like an Altezza or an RSX? Not opposed to the civic but I wanna know if there are other choices

First car? Go with a Ford Windstar. Rare as hell and comes stock with a rootin tootin mustang combustion engine

OP. Let's get this straight and done. An RX-7 FC; MR2 (AW11 fucking especially) and an RX-8, are literally one of the top worst cars for a beginner much less someone who doesn't know how to rebuild an engine from top to bottom and has a place to work on it.

Take three thousand dollars, and go buy a goddamn fucking Honda Civic/Accord. You don't need anything sporty for your first car, you don't need anything that will break your bank as your first car. Wait at least a few cars before deciding on getting something like an RX-7/8 or an MR2.

losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/2001-honda-civic-ex-vtech/6428723553.html

How's this?

Gonna echo everyone else, find something that won't be a pain for you or your wallet as your first car. S/o/cal here too, great thing is you have literally what amounts to the biggest, varied selection of cars so it won't be too difficult to get your dream car once your ready. Never driven one, but I'd 2nd the Miata based on your choices. Or if you don't care about rwd then yeah, an rsx would suit you fine.

If you dont want a civic, get a camaro, turd gen mustang, or a lancer.
all cheap and easy to get

>1st car
>one rotary
>one mid engine car
>one old rotary
Seriously, get a 90’s civic or a Miata.

You don’t know how to wrench and these cars will be a lot of maintenance and repairs. Finding a repair shop that will touch a rotary will be a challenge, and finding a rotary car that doesn’t have its apex seals shot out like a whore’s pussy will be an even bigger challenge.

The MR2 is a marginally better option but OP doesn’t have the driving discipline to handle a mid engine car. Snap oversteer is a real thing and not just a meme like Veeky Forums would have you believe. Also, it’s still an old car that will require a ton of maintenance and probably some repairs, even if the 4AGE engine is a simple and reliable one

Yah I've come to terms that all the repairs involved with an rx7/8 are too much for me.

As for the MR2 what would be a good car to prepare me for the MR2?

Yah I'd prefer to get something that's rwd, and an NA was actually my first choice before I looked around more