What's the automobile equivalent of an F-15?

What's the automobile equivalent of an F-15?

Other urls found in this thread:

theaviationist.com/2014/09/15/f-15-lands-with-one-wing/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stinger

Skyline GTR R32

Describe what the F-15 is to the aviation industry?

F150?

A hangar queen so in that sense anything Italian should be about right...

Has to be 'murican
Pretty much the end-all be-all of fighter jets. It has an impeccable combat service. High thrust to weight, manuverable, and durable. It's a bit heavy, but it's very fast.

>Has to be 'murican
There are no comparables then because lolcantturn

Probably this then, if murican than Superlite.

What about the F-14? A bit less manuverable, kinda unreliable, but quick and heavy.

Dodge Charger

what do you think it is?

Is there any American cars with active aero? To kinda replicate the swing wing.

Porsche 956/962

Dodge Stealth might have kept the active aero but now we're talking "American" cars

>What's the automobile equivalent of an F-15?
Camaro ZL1 1LE
Powerful, large power to weight ratio
Larger than a dogfighter but handles well
Not stealthy; but embraces a classic a e s t h e t i c
Carries more ordanance dogfighters
Has enough electronics to do the job, but not at the forefront of technology
Legendary name, and huge following
Reliable tool to get the job done with overwhelming force

Though that said the maintenance whore aspect is right on the fucking money

Dodge viper.
Kind of big
Big engine.
Kind of bulky looking but still great looking
Can take a beating
Combat proven.

The camaro is fat and it should be more compared to a bomber rather than a fighter.

SNEK

>The camaro is fat and it should be more compared to a bomber rather than a fighter.
Implying that the F-15 is a fighter. It's a fighter in name only. It's primary mission is dropping bombs.

Undefeated.

Air to air kill/death ratio of 104:0

That's the f22, user.

...the F-15 is technically pig fat for a figher genius.

Nah, the Viper is clearly a groundbound Warthog.

>gun with a plane attached
>engine with a car attached
Yeah, this works

They should invent a term for those planes that can fill multiple roles...

Ahhhh, i see the crown vic as a warthog.
Low, slow, ugly, and you can beat the shit out of it.

Is there anything like the F-35?

>The camaro is fat and it should be more compared to a bomber rather than a fighter.
>...the F-15 is technically pig fat for a figher genius.
which is why it is primarily a bomber. maybe a figher-bomber. But not a full on fighter like a F-16.
regardless, the camaro hangs with full on dogfighter tier supercars, or at least punches way way above it's price class

Hmmm. Whats a recently new, very hyped up car thats not that fucking impressive in the least bit and is more of the same old same old while people tout that those features are actually "new"

I see what direction your going. Ill agree to a point. But if were talkin fast bombers, whats this equilivant then?

But i've actually saw test conducted by various countries where the F35 out-performed jets like the F16 and Eurofighter? on /k/ anyway.

>I see what direction your going. Ill agree to a point. But if were talkin fast bombers, whats this equilivant then?
Probably a Bugati. Fast as fuck, Expensive, but not a fighter in any sense of the word.

>But i've actually saw test conducted by various countries where the F35 out-performed jets like the F16 and Eurofighter?
heh. all produced by the vendors trying to sell that PoS. It's not like you're going to resurrect McDonnel-Douglass from the grave to produce new F-16 propaganda

Im sorry, but im not convinced. Does it have top of the line electronics? Oh absolutly. Is it upgraded with tech thats been tinkered with for the past 40 years? You bet.

But all i see when i watched the specials on the Lightning II is "its about god damn time Marines got something to replace the north carolina lawn dart."

Ford GT

Roughly the same age, BTFOs everything else and has been updated throughout time.

>It's primary mission is dropping bombs.
Nope, the original F-15 was an air superiority fighter. The F-15E is a strike fighter...

>north carolina lawn dart
what in the fuck?
the F-16 is the 'lawn dart'
And the Marines don't use it.

GTR, it's pigfat, fast, and can turn because it's loaded to the gills with aids...

NSX?
>in development for a long time
>expensive to develop
>very fancy cutting-edge technology for its price and is currently the only mass production car that offers hybrid high-performance

Oh shit sorry. Didnt see the one and only expert on aircraft on the board.

Bitch its a general term. Its also called the widowmaker. You gonna tell me thats something else too? I had no fucking idea!
>And the Marines don't use it.
No shit shirley, we cant have or afford nice things.

Protip: The marines need their aircraft to be able to land on boats.

So that excuses the harrier ll and its record?

>Harrier 2
>Lands on LHD

Gee I wonder if it's realistic to expect General Dynamics to modify the F16 to land and takeoff from a helicopter deck at a reasonable price.

Any other stupid comments from your dumb ass?

>The F16 is the lawn dart i.e. worse than the harrier ll.

You started it fuccboi
Lets continue to argue over whos has the worse what.

I summon the F104 in Luftwaffe position you cockmongler.

/k/ here.
None of you know a single fucking thing about combat aircraft.

>/k/ knowing shit about aircraft
Please leave M. Spey your input on the JSF isn't needed.

I counterattack with the ME 262's aka the "too litte too late's"

Go play airsoft somewhere else

Forgot pic

2017 NSX.
>not a great performer
>hyper advanced
>long overdue and overbudget
>expensive but not insanely expensive

if it has to be american, there isn't one.

You know they make big V8 SUVs in """hybrid""" trims right?

>It's primary mission is dropping bombs.

You know a big SUV isn't high performance right? like 911/GTR/Corvette realm? guess i should've said sports car.

When was the last time a manned USAF plane has shot down an enemy aircraft
When was the last time a manned USAF plane dropped a bomb?

>He still insists the F-15 is primarily a strike fighter

The original F-15 didn't even have the capacity to drop bombs...

>The original F-15
The original F-15 came out in 1976
It was mostly replaced by the F-16 for air to air

"Criticism from the fighter mafia that the F-15 was too large to be a dedicated dogfighter and too expensive to procure in large numbers, led to the Lightweight Fighter (LWF) program, which led to the USAF General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon and the middle-weight Navy McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet"

Its kinda too bad we are in the longest era of world peace (in a major conflict sense) in human history. all these very advanced very capable jets will never get to meet an equal because the only countries that fight us don't have anything like this shit and the countries that do would never fight us for mutually assured destruction. if only aliens could invade us and not only give us even more incentive to work together but also let our weapons blow their loads.

>all these very advanced very capable jets
>F22/F35
Pick one

>longest era of world peace
Good. Let the Israelis fight their own (((wars)))

>my countries Hornets are nearly 40 years old
This shit should have been sorted during Harper's first term, and at this point, it'd be cheaper to replace them than maintain them. Get it together Canada. I'd prefer the Gripen NG but even the F-35 is cheaper at this point.

>Probably believes in transfer payments between provinces

Son, the F-35 was only on Harper's radar because Lockheed has a history of bribing folks for contracts. Our Hornets may be old but they have been 0 timed with a full center barrel replacement 10 years ago. Who the hell are we fighting that would require more than Hornets? If Harper had run a full competition as is the norm we wouldn't be in this shit...

Our aviation industry has been completely fucked over by corruption since the bloat of the cold war.
The airforce is one of the most necessary components of our current defense plans and they've been fucked over hard.

>Has to be 'murican
GT40

>Lockheed has a history of bribing folks for contracts
Harper was so eager to suck American cock they probably didn't even have to offer much, and Trudeau is going to buy clapped out Aussie f18s and punt any real decision down the line to the next government.

What car has been in production from '72 to now?
G wagon?

You have no idea how much I want one.

>F-15
F-150

Probably a Mosler then.

CTS Vsport

Vette

FWIW...

theaviationist.com/2014/09/15/f-15-lands-with-one-wing/

F15-C is only a fighter. It has not other role or capability.

>Has to be 'murican

Then why do ak-47's end up being Japanese pickups?

(Su-35 is better)

Sure about that?

Just because the scale of possible conflicts has increased so much doesn't mean the smaller conflicts (what would have been considered major 200 years ago) are any less relevant. And we'll probably live long enough to see 5th gen fighters sold to and used by third-world countries as technology continues to improve.