youtu.be/0gLjLtLSEkE
vocaroo.com/i/s0VxIPycY6ar
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>idling
instagram.com/p/BOD7VNPAuQz/

>WOT dyno pull
instagram.com/p/BNZlXntgBZc/

streamable.com/fpvcm

Sounds really fucking good. What are the dyno figures? Also here’s my other one, red Mustang in op pic

streamable.com/6vfuw

Nice. What kind of Bimmer?

367.7 kW (493.1 hp) and 515.6 Nm (380.3 lb-ft)

youtu.be/Ad1WAcq6Hrw

Ignore my burnt out bulb

Thanks, it’s an e60 530i. Straight pipe down from the cat. Bmw outfitted this one with bigger headers and intake than the other models so it sounds quite smooth and musical.

Sounds pretty good. Doesn’t overpower the turbo sound.

Rotary is definitely my second favorite sounding engine behind I6, so smooth

If I ever decide to get a different header and midpipe on my ‘10 Mustang I’d move to catless. Right now I have BBK long tubes and high flows, but it’d be nice to remove that extra bit of restriction.

Shitbox supreme coming right up.

All whopping 220fwhp.

youtu.be/oI7gUayStWM

Purely for sound I can’t think of anything better than a v8, followed by I6. I’m a fan of that deep throaty roar that they both give.

I hate you so much. I miss my fucking FD.

instagram.com/p/BKEBg9qhtET/

Thanks, I wish I still had that car haha. I sold it a year ago, now I have a rusted out 240z I'm fixing and preparing for an RB30 swap. It's turning out to be a longer project than I planned on.

Really great sound. You serve?

that typhoon was pretty sick, so was that xlr

Lol I know that feel. I lost my job for about 3 months and had to shelve my Fox body project until further notice. Pic related that I got in February.

I used to be Air Force yeah

The Typhoon really caught me by surprise. The random shit you see over there is great.

I picked up my Z for $450. It needs a lot but I'm willing to do the work so who really cares haha. I'm buying the block in the next few months, but I'm not sure what transmission to stick on it

youtube.com/watch?v=sGDfsx4K2z8&feature=youtu.be

Eventually im going to get a real catback instead of what I currently have. Before then its getting a resonator, cuz its just too raspy.
>2.5" downpipe
>hi flow cat
>from here its 2.25" out to a janky side exit

CD009 boi

I was considering one, I believe TT3 makes a kit to line the shifter up for the S30

Are you going NA RB30 or turbo? Keeping single cam or 25 or 26 head?

Correction, mckinney makes it

Hell yeah cheap cars are fun. I’ve never done much wrenching wise outside of changing tires and fluids, I bought the Fox for $100 and it just took a fuel pump and relay to get it running. My plan is to pull the engine (I already have a hoist that I got for free) and do a full rebuild to get it to about 300 horses. After that I’ll probly build up the suspension live I’ve done with my other two Mustangs in op pic. They’re both NA so I might actually boost this one down the road but that all depends on my wallets condition by tat point of my life.

Oh cool, thanks for the service dude.

Single turbo, 26 Head. I don't plan on making a ton of power with it, I just don't want to fix all of the oil issues with the series 1 RB26.

300 is a good number to start with on those cars. I have a friend with an SN95 that got there with a cobra intake and modding his ECU somehow. It was a nice bump in power.

youtube.com/watch?v=-NnKSEjxQ2M

Its shit quality, but its the only thing I got
Its also a fucking 2.5 turbodiesel i4; its not gonna sound great no matter what

I mean I understand but don’t really see the point of going to a 26/30 just to avoid some oiling issues. My 26 hasn’t shown any signs of those oiling issues in the near 4 years I’ve owned it.

If anything save some money and go with a 25 IMO

It's mostly just because I want to build a 30 before the blocks dry up. I missed my chance with 2 D series 3 rotors, and 1 C series. Now you can't find a C series at all, and a B series is like 10k minimum.

What kind of truck? That Bay is clean as fuck.

sounds like a tractor

Its my '03 Toyota Hilux

But then you’re just paying for some rotor housings that say ‘20b’ instead of ‘13b’

Scoot still makes eccentric shafts, the owner showed me their crazy body kitted FD that had four 12A housings our together.

How much are their eccentric shafts?

When you think about the engine as an air pump, or better yet, a wind instrument, you realize how much difference headers and pipes can make on the sound. It’s worth it.

See I like V8’s but I6’s have this buttery indescribable smoothness to me that I can’t get enough of.

What made you decide to build up a maxima? And what are your plans for it?

I wish I could tell you

I’m sure it would be. I’m just not in a rush to remodify that area. I’ve gotten the suspension completely done ($3000 in parts and labor well spent), and gotten the breather mods/tune done, and tires/brakes. At this point I think all that’s really left is to build up the top end, but I’m hesitant because this cars my DD.

I see you’ve switched to a red shell from the.... white one? If I’m remembering correctly. It looks nice.

Quads checked. I doubt I'll get back to rotaries any time soon anyway, I have too many hobbies tugging at my bank account. There is a slight chance that I end up with a built SR20 as well. A friend has one set up for about 400hp he was going to put in a 510, but has mothballed the project. He wants 2500 for it with a transmission, which means I could easily get my Z rolling for under 10k. I'm torn. If I go with the RB30, I'll have 10k in just the drivetrain. I think it would be easier on the chassis than the 30, but I don't want to regret not getting a 30 later on in life.

If budget is your restriction I would absolutely go with the SR over building a 26/30. Like you said, you’d easily be 10k in just that engine. NEO 25 is a much cheaper, solid option as well. just keep that in mind.

Another quad rotor S30 would be cool to see, they had that car at their shop too when we visited. (Friend popped an apex seal in his FD, got a quote from them for ~$7000 for rebuild start to finish)

I’d recommend at least getting the z moving, which would mean buying the sr20 from your friend. From there I’d recommend getting an RB30 even if it requires a rebuild(so it can be as cheap as possible) and taking your time on building it.

Oh no, its the same one - just sanded down and repainted in roughly the same color, repaired the locks and turned the windows the right way around, as they were put in the wrong way from the factory

Fuck yeah. It came together really nice.

His SR20 is definitely my cheapest option. Budget isn't really a concern, it would just take longer to get it rolling. I can get the 30 block for 2300 and then piece it together over time.

The RB30 would just be a block and I'd have to build it from there. It seems like a fun project but I'm not sure that I would have the motivation to finish it if I already had the Z rolling with an SR20

>2300 for a bare block
Fuck me, are they selling that high already?

Yep, drift tax is a hell of a drug. Are you in Japan? Getting shit to America is way more expensive.

I can understand that. Personally I can’t wait to get my cash flow right again to pull my 302 and get started on that. A kit on American muscle for the top end is around $1200 so that’ll take some time since I’ve got 2 other cars to build up.

No I’ve been back in America for almost a year now. That’s fucking retarded.

That's through one of the grey market importers in FL. I can't find anyone else selling them in America.

It's worth it though, it truly does wake them up.

>typhoon
all my dick
>in japan
all my nut

youtu.be/ydx-hrVkuIg

I kinda wish I had applied a layer of clearcoat, as I think it would've matched the pait on the truck a tiny bit more

Still; massive improvement from this

to this

You gotta look outside America. Canada, Australia, New Zealand. Japan has zero of them.

Fuck it, hit up RIPS and have them build you one if budget is not a constraint

ripsracing.com/catalog/Complete-Motors-40/Complete-Engine-Package-32.html

Where do you stay that you get that much snow?

I don’t think it’s worth building the top end on a DD unless you have deep pockets. Sounds like you’ve done all the important stuff, no need to dig yourself into a hole.

Eastern part of eastern Norway, in the valleys

Snowfalls from mid-October, with the snow actually staying from early/mid-November to starting to melt late April, and the last spots of natural snow being gone by early June

You’re not my real dad! I wish I was adopted!

No but seriously though, your probly right. I’m just having the desire to have each of my cars be the very best although that’s unrealistic for all of them.

Inside car cell phone recording
Outside car cell phone recording
>>/wsg/2010376

Derp

That would be dope, but the whole point would be building it myself. Yeah they don't have the truck in Japan the block comes out of, I think it's the Patrol?

IIRC it came in a Patrol, R31, and a Holden sedan but Australia only

I didn't know the R31 had it, that's pretty cool. But regardless, if it came down to buying something built, I may as well get that SR20 and finish my build in the summer. With the cost of buying it from them, and getting it shipped, I could do everything else on my list. Then I can spend the rest on my other hobbies.

Looks amazing. I've always wanted to travel to Norway. A friend of the family did and she said it was great. In the meantime I'm stuck here in Virginia, quite a bit away from the mountains, a 4.5 hour drive.

You're definitely beating my '10, but it'd be a tossup with my '13.

my 84 firebird before open headers
youtu.be/uw3zA06X6xc
after open headers
youtu.be/_BKvqUeTH9M

What have you done to it?

Lol the guy in the second vid sounds like a dad or younger brother that didn't wanna help you.

But the rev sounded wonderful though.

it was my friend who didn't want to help lol

Its one of those 'might as well' kind of cars. Pretty much every modification ive done so far comes out of necessity.

>literal subaru crosstrek fitment
>old cat was too rusty to salvage
>down pipe rusted itself in half
>truck-like shifter throws
>ugly orange indicators

etc

I’m at least 200lbs lighter too, keep that in mind

streamable.com/g93fj

4k to 8.2k redline in 2nd or 3rd gear probably

Yeah that happens naturally, once you start investing in a car beyond maintenance your imagination starts to wander and you want to take the car to its fullest. I’m sure we would too if we had the money to blow.

custom pipes. Didn't get the work done myself so i'm not clear on the details.

So what’s been done to it so far? What do you plan on doing with it

Lol yeah it’s funny how that works. Luckily I’m acutually only making payments on one of our combined 4 cars (the lady has an 03 accord) so my employment situation didn’t hurt but so much. I could definitely see myself going all the way with the Fox Body through. It’s not my dd or anything so I can build it for just special occasions

I’m well aware

>I could definitely see myself going all the way with the Fox Body through. It’s not my dd or anything so I can build it for just special occasions
Man if I were you I totally would, I’m sure it would be fun and you’d get a great weekend car out of it. Just as long as you can fit it into your budget.

Here's a little pull in my supra, exhaust isnt too loud but the screamer sounds really nice in person

youtu.be/HipYT6a_kBo

I have an 05 CRD Cherokee, this sounds pretty usual to me, well that and the drone of bfg mts

Half throttle pull
streamable.com/wlo17

5-4-3-2 downshift
streamable.com/3bppf

It actually sounds pretty good. Is that your 86 too? I had to get rid of mine (to which I bought the first of my 3 mustangs) the weaknesses were too glaring for me to ignore.

350 or 370?

youtube.com/watch?v=37GztvT5KLM

Driving my CL-S had almost made me forget how slow this thing is.

>owning a dollar-store corvette

Hey hey. We’ve been having a positive time here.

>being a busrider

streamable.com/8l8ef
Start up

Mustang?

Nope. Challenger R/T with mid muffler delete

Lq9/ls3

youtu.be/0gLjLtLSEkE

Pic semi related

vocaroo.com/i/s0VxIPycY6ar

and a picture of the exhaust or what is left of it.

What’s that screenshot of?

Lol no wonder it sounds like an 18 wheeler