/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk about Sonic stuff! Share art and music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #840 - ROMHacks Edition (Also /sthg/'s Birthday Thread #2)

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic News<
Sonic Mania OST - Special Stage ("Dimension Heist")
youtube.com/watch?v=OLcblxrrE0Q

Many Details of Mania Revealed at SDCC: Animated Intro, Special Stages, Story, etc.
www.tssznews.com/2017/07/22/sdcc-2017-special-stage-in-sonic-mania-revealed-story-details/

IDW and SEGA Enter Publishing Deal; Will Be Speaking to Fan-Favorite and New Creators
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/888538195045998592
twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/888536084472352770

Sonic Forces "Enter Infinite" Trailer & Theme of Infinite
youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6uqp_mr98
youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

Archie Sonic Officially Cancelled; Not the End of Sonic in Comics
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/887809496898088960

>General Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_DgMLqpXoBc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nth for SA1 = last classic sonic

So Penders...how're you, uh...how you coming on that comic you're working on, hm? Got a big, uh...big stack of papers there? Got a, got a nice little...story you're working on there, the big, uh, comic....you've been working on for 7 years? Huh?

Got a...got a compelling protagonist, eh? Got a, got a, got an obstacle for him to overcome, huh? Little story brewing there, you're working on? Working on that for quite some time, huh? Yeah, talkin' about that 7 years ago...you been working on that the whole time? Nice little uh, narrative? Beginning, middle and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? Yeah? At the end, Knuckles is, uh, richer for the experience? Yeah? Yeah?

Got something new to right about now, y'know? Maybe, uh...maybe a main character is an artist? Suffers a little meltdown? Something like, uh, what...what you've been....you've just been through? Draw from the real life experience? Little, uh...little meltdown? Y'know? Work it into the story? Make those echidnas a little more three-dimensional? Little, uh, richer experience for the reader? Make those...20 or so extra pages really keep the reader guessing what's going to happen? Some twists and turns? A little epilogue?

EVERYBODY LEARNS SOME PEOPLE JUST DESERVE TO CRASH AND BURN?

Oh I look FORWARD to reading it.

Let's leave the last thread behind and celebrate the fact that this run of generals has been around for 3 years now.

What do you like about this general, /sthg/?

Any fond memories you have of the general?

>Spyro meets Dulcy

I fucked up and mixed up some of the layers, so Spyro has some of his sketch layer still on him, and I don't feel like manually erasing it. Sorry about that.

But how do we celebrate, user?

Penders one has just no sense to exist, since he made it up only to build pointless drama about the ff being angry about it for no fucking reason.

Nicole and Sally just make more sense the Rotor gay.

When events happen.
The anniversary party was a ton of fun.
/egg/ was a fun time too

who are they though

>Yes.
Well, you made me kind of sad, but I won't refute. It's that my love for Rotor is big and profund, so that's why I have this crazy thought. It's not that I want to force it to the authors, and I understand there's no proof that points he likes males, but it's something that pleases my mind when I see it and nothing else.

>So he's straight
Which or how many girls has he dated, by the way?

I like Bump and Sage
I like watching you morons argue about Classic vs Modern, or homosexuality in the comics. I just get out the popcorn and enjoy myself.
Anniversaries are fun.
Any time we gang up on Penders is nice.

Breaking news, western artists are a bunch of fags.

Regardless weather it made sense or how it was done or the quality of the writers. It's suddenly ok for 1 and not the other?

Would we rather accept Ken Penders or Chris-chan as /ourguy/?

Not an argument.
Which or how many boys has he dated, then?

I liked sharing and giving merch links to here, how quickly information is dropped here, and the little conversations such as music or explanations about a topic with some of you.

*whether

>I get to talk about Sonic to people who are generally older and more experienced than me

>When people share their memories with Sonic, be it happy or sad, it's just nice to know everyone has their own little story.

Not much and nope.

What kind of popcorn? And you better share.

Nicole and Sally have a history together, so even if you personally don't like them in a romanitc sense, you can at least see where this comes from. Rotor gay has no context and was never hinted in the whole run except Penders suddenly decided that he was in order to make his usual soap opera junk.

>What do you like about this general, /sthg/?
It provides a community that actively likes Sonic in some capacity.

>Any fond memories you have of the general?
Whenever there's an event that we all watch together, it's pretty nice. I also enjoyed storytimes in the past.

That's a neat drawing, user.

Talk about about the general, if artists want to draw something, then that's awesome. Or we could all watch the OVA or a Sonic cartoon together or something.

Is he /ourguy/?

I want abt

Chris-chan.

There is no contest.

The Anniversary Party was fantastic

I'll copy what I said last thread.

>Ian never outright said they were gay. He said he was surprised he was able to imply it as much as he did.

Is it okay if we could do that? If some people are up for it?

that's not one of the choices

Homemade kettlecorn with brown sugar, my nigga.
And it's mine. You can't have any.

Again, I'm not asking about if it made sense, I don't care if it made sense or not. I'm asking why it's ok for one writer to post-mortem make a lesbian couple and not a another writer make a character gay?

I know what was said, see above.

>brown sugar
Eh, you can keep it.

That actually sounds quite good. I might have to try it next time.

>Captcha mentions Bananas
Huh.

We would just need a time and a place to watch. There used to be sites set up by anons awhile back that we used. Maybe someone can set one up if there is interest.

I'm not trying to argument. I was actually curious of this fact. If Rotor is straight like you say, then be it this way and I will keep my mouth shut. I just wanted to know which girls has he dated just for curiosity.

So, how do I get into ROMHacks?

What's the correct setup? Emulators? Installs?
Where do you find these? I heard about competitions?
Which are the classic ones. No shitflinging about whether you like them or not. Just which ones are good for getting into ROMhacks generally?
Post ones you liked but please give a way of finding/installing them as well.

It's okay because one makes sense and the other doesn't. How would that not be okay?
And why disregard what Ian said if you're not disregarding what Penders said? That makes no sense.

Because it's a writer they like. Ian's just as bad as Penders

Because that other writer is Penders. And you should care if it makes some sense or not, because the whole argument is based on this. If Penders introduced Rotor's omosexuality or implied it in one way or another, we wouldn't be here discussing it.

Sparky is /our guy/

Use KEGA Fusion Emulator
Go to Sonic Retro
Have fun

Because he did it soley to be a cunt and imply that Flynn and the rest were homophobic for getting rid of Cobar.

just read the thread and stop being so thirsty

I want pictures of Tails tickling Sparky.

So it's ok because subtle hints? Hints that were about on tier with Korra/Asami from Avatar?

I understand your position now.

I see

So it's not okay with Penders because he didn't lay in his subtly thick enough?

So like other things Penders did, just out of spite.

FYI I hate Penders, I just hate double standards too

Sparky is for lewd

I answered your question. Penders saying Rotor was gay was something he did after he stoped writing the for comic and wasn't implied at all in the story. People accuse him to this day of doing it only to make himself look good.

Ian admits to dropping hints that 2 characters who were pretty good friends might be like each other in an attempt to explain why said characters are shipped together constantly.

Do these things sound the same to you? Ian never even said Sally and Nicole were gay at all.

This is what happens when we let gags into this franchise

Now we know who Sparky's waifu is

I liked when ABT used to visit and take requests

He is one of our guys, yes.

Korrasami was never hinted even in Season 4 and we all know that. It's not the same thing.

Also

The Sonic thread simulator was hilarious. I showed that to a couple non Sonic friends and even they got a kick out of it.

Because Penders paired Rotor with somebody (Yet another one of his random Echidna OCs) and planned to have Rotor's friends turn their backs on him when his sexuality gets exposed. He also thought Rotor being gay made sense because of social anxiety/awkwardness.

Tell me how that would be any good? It's not down to favoring Ian, it's about Penders being a bad writer. And if he was able to go through with Rotor being gay, it would be one of the shinning, shittastic pinnacles of the dark age.

Don't let them fool you. Ian's just like Penders. He just hides it better. IDW put fags in Transformers, so the comic's fucked anyways

Gags? You mean TAGS or WAGS, right?

Do you have any proof that that is what he had planned? Because that would be hilarious.

Sonic thread simulator? I must see this.

Until Ian doesn't make a copyright clain to Archie, I don't agree with your statement. You may not like his writing style, but it's a different level compared to Penders and everyone including Ken himself knew that.

have any of you met each other from here before?

I get that the use of each of the statements were done. I just wonder if the intentions were the same, to try and look good post-mortem.

Also Ian did say it without saying it, all that was missing was a "knowing smile ;)"

To me the amount in hint dropping with Sally/Nicole was about on tier with Korra/Asami, badly done and weak.

I agree that Penders is a bad writer. Never said it would be any good, just wondered why it was okay to like one over the other if it was only just preference of writers.

Worrisome if that means less or more "subtle hints". That type of ship writing shouldn't be in Sonic

My public!
youtu.be/_DgMLqpXoBc

No, gags. Sonic the Hedgehog is a very serious franchise concerning serious subject matter such as protecting the environment, animal abuse, and homophobia. The introduction of gags trivialized the franchise with its humor, puns and one-liners, and just turned it all into a joke.

I've met Yoto before, and I think a few others who have shown up to conventions.

Ian's shit was at least readable. It can be annoying, but it's readable.

Plus, I doubt Ian would sue for his OCs and try to make a novel/comic/movie/whatever about Thrash.

IDW has full blown fags. The comic is fucked, Sega should've just self published to avoid the agenda pushing

OK I'm dumping this Tails and Knuckles storyline. It is against my better judgement.

Problem is this is based on earlier Tails strips I never dumped, where Tails is taken off into a kind of fantasy parallel dimension where he's a Knight or something. It was pretty gay so I never dumped it. advantage in this story is that Knuckles is suddenly added into the mix, so we can all basically read it from his perspective.

Anyway, incidentally this was writtem and drawn by Nigel Kitching, who normally just writes. But I digress.

I'd like to one day

I met Toby once back in 2012 when passing through Texas. I recognized him working at the gas station my family went to.

And so, that was how Ian Flynn became officially disowned by the /sthg/.

First Rotorfag, then Sparkyfag, now Fagfag. How many fags does this general need?

Good. He was always a shitty cuck writer only liked because of memes and waifus

>Starting this retarded argument again
Fuck off. Leave that shit in the last thread

/sthg/ is a fickle bunch with who they love and hate.

We'll have the wait and see, user.

>I just wonder if the intentions were the same, to try and look good post-mortem.

I doubt it. As Ian said it to answer Jen's question about why so many people ship Sally and Nicole. He didn't proclaim it in a random tweet with no context.

Why do people care about a fictional character's sexuality so much?

/sthg/ never "officially" disowns or even approves of anything, we're far too divided to do anything as a whole.

Yeah, OK. Where to begin with this?
Sometimes Tails disappears for a while (Sonic sometimes commenting on it). Often he's off through this green portal to some parallel Zone becuase some old fox calls him through. He tells no-one (obviously).
I think I got it at the time, but now it's just coming off as ... all levels of wrong. Anyway Now it's & Knuckles.

>homophobia
nani?

>disowned by the /sthg/.
More like 2 shitposters.

>the state of /sthg/

Now now, this will pass like everything.

I guess Ian should have known this was a christian Sonic general.

Still waiting on the sequel to this.

No one here does. They're shitposting, because it triggers retards like you to respond, instead of not responding & moving on. Stop being a retard & stop responding

>he didn't see that episode of sonic sez where sonic explains how all homosexuals are going to hell

Fuck me it's perfect

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind gay or lesbian characters in a comic, just be upfront about it and don't do it post-mortem "oh that's what I intended all along" type bullshit.

An example of a good way of what I'm asking is Gold. Evan Stanley has always been upfront that Gold is lesbian or bi. Never stated otherwise.

Tweets that are replies to someone when they aren't protected accounts are public tweets.

I don't want to claim how others feel, but I think it's distasteful and unprofessional to make a statement like that post-mortem.

i never liked ian flynn's setting as a whole and he did things that annoyed me but even i think the badposting over this wholly inoffensive stunt is pretty fucking ridiculous

why do i have to defend a writer i never liked from idiots like you

More please

I can see how Knuckles would make this "mistake".

Yeah, Tails is a champion in this Nameless Zone (WTF paradox), but everyone knows him by Miles Prower. I think he's originally from there, or a prophesy because he has two tails, or something? It's over 20 years since I read this shit.

Knuckles not knowing squat about any of this kind of makes this pretty funny. The reader's avatar if you will.

No. It's just a few anons using this info to shitpost.

Stop overreacting. It's two shitposters. /sthg/ is also not one person.

>An example of a good way of what I'm asking is Gold. Evan Stanley has always been upfront that Gold is lesbian or bi. Never stated otherwise.
That was pretty pointless, since I doubted it would ever be brought up. It would be like saying Antoine collects toenail clippings. Do we see him do it? No. Is it mentioned? No. So what would be the purpose?

Please, I'm sure most are still gonna want him on the new book and he'll go back to being overly favorable in a few days.

I very much doubt he cares much about /sthg/ in general and our little shitfits, so it wouldn't matter to him if everyone actually started hating him anyway.

>that picture

Anyway nailed it stop overreacting

Oh fuck, now I remember. It went like this right?
>"Now remember kids, if you like people who are the same as yourself, you go to hell before you die!"

I'm sorry if I'm ruining the anniversary. I actually only joined the current discussion on the end of the previous thread, but still, I didn't meant it.
That's alright. I said I will accept Rotor as a straight. It's fine. I just like posting pics of him, even if I'm aware I'm avatarfagging.
Again, I deeply apologize.