Porsche Thread

Porsche Thread.

Post your Porsches or alternatively post why you don't own one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCVosfhsenR3CnCF92Hb3kjQ
archive.4plebs.org/hr/thread/2920198/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

German miata with an autistic, unbearable fanbase. Performance wasn't even impressive till they had to turbo all of them.

They’re too fucking expensive plus the ims bearing crisis really kept me away from one

I can't afford one yet.

I got to drive a friends 2010 911 cabriolet turbo that he inherited from his aunt. I had my doubts about PDK before I drove it but hot damn that was a fun car to drive, thats when the Porsche bug bit me.

He just got a Cayman GT4 recently and maybe if I nag him a bit he'll let me drive that.

>tfw i own a Japanese 911

>tfw i own a Japanese 911
what does that even mean
fairlady? supwa? ge tee aru?

the person i replied to said the 911 is a German Miata so I replied with I own a Japanese 911

interesting

Im 23 years old and live at home, debating staying for another year and dropping 40-60k on a porsche to keep for the rest of my life, how stupid am I?

i mean do what you want, but you should start a small biz with that money instead tbqh.

this. A porsche costs money to run and maintain

fave Porsche poster.

those colors.

I don't own a black 964 turbo yet because I don't have my MD.

Because I went with a mid-engine setup, as well as something lower to the ground.
I might consider one, though.

I couldn't start a business, I love my current job. I know you live in CT, you probably have visited at some point. We use to have an e30 in the lobby and had multiple cars and coffee this year.

I don't think cost of repairs would be too big of a issue. I work at a European parts supplier, I get a pretty nice discount on parts, we have a full garage + lift and many ASE certified mechanics that I work with, that would happily help me with anything that I am incapable of doing myself.

Porsche is pretty cool and Im very grateful that they have been in business and people buy them so the tech they develop can float down to the cars I buy but:

-Huge cost.

I make a great salary but I cannot justify the cost of these things. My buddy had a 2010?ish Cayanne and has sank a 5 digit number in repairs since he bought it in 2011. He had a minor suspension issue that alone cost I think 4k to fix in 2016. Car wasnt even over 100k miles.

-Low Practicality.

Outside of their SUVs there is literally zero practicality to porsche. At best you get some passenger room with that god awful panamera. Otherwise its a tiny two seater that where I live you can only drive for 6 months out of the year even with the expensive AWD option if available.

If I had an extra 80k in disposable income every year Id consider one, but anything beneath that, fuck it.

I have been considering their Porsche Passport though.

I wish I worked with cars. I'm a shitty gardener.

wait a second was the E30 white? Are you in Mass?

I've had a few customers that did things like that (with Ferraris not Porsches). They are always too scared to drive the car, get put in horrible positions trying to pay for repairs, it's never worth it, either it just sits or it's not enjoyable to drive because a breakdown/accident will crush you financially. Your mechanic coworker friends may help you a bit but they aren't going to do a 30 hour repair tying up the shops resources for free. Get a clean 944 for $10k, learn the ropes, feel the pain, get a 911 down the road.

what the fuck is up with that webm.

>I work at a European parts supplier,

wait scratch what I said, do you work at FCP Euro lol?

>or alternatively post why you don't own one
Its a goal, although a very far flung one desu.
To me its the perfect dad car. Stable job, 2+2 for kids and shit, and I'll be older so the chances of going ham and wrapping myself around a tree is less.
Either pick up a 996 turbo or 997.2, if nothing drastic happens with prices in the next decade.

Porsche Passport is a pretty cool concept.
Have you checked out Turo?
Whenever Im traveling I use it to rent bomb ass cars for the same price as a carolla from the hertz.

Its like AirBnB for cars.

I actually work with computers

While I am no expert mechanic I am capable of doing pretty much everything on my own. I have done 2 engine swaps over the last year, one on a friends e30 and the other one on my S4. The one on my s4 was done almost entirely by myself. Also its not a real shop, we use it for making videos and our race cars.

That would be correct, amazing place filled with amazing people.

Maybe I am wrong but I have my doubts a Porsche can be any worse then a 1993 s4 that was neglected for a majority of its life.

lol I live in Milford dude. Also I have a few friends who work there and yes I have been to a few of their cars and coffee meets.

I was actually thinking about applying for a job there as well. This is funny, I didn't think someone on from there would post on Veeky Forums.

If I end up working there don't be a stranger man.

I was fascinated with them till I drove one then I lost all interest, they're good cars, but the lustre is gone for me

1. what did you drive
2. where exactly did you drive it

I swear to god if you say a 944 on a highway or a fucking panamera of some sort I'll gut you pham

I have browsed Veeky Forums on and off for probably close too 5 years now. This is probably the first time I have been on here in 3+ months

You should definitely apply, I don't know what your skills are but we have new openings pretty often, we are continuously growing. There is lots of opportunity here, people that work hard are rewarded. I am not going to lie a lot of people work very long hours but too me its all worth it, maybe others will disagree

I never to be that into Porsches, then I went to my first Caffeine and Carburetors in New Canaan...

I actually was just doing some work in between checking this thread...

>I never to be that into Porsches, then I went to my first Caffeine and Carburetors in New Canaan

hah I was there as well, My Miata was parked by the train station! I wouldn't be surprised if we crossed paths in New Canaan.

I unfortunately only took two pics from that day. This 924 GTS Clubsport and

and this!

>that silver 911 on the left.

I drove with that guy and a few other people to Red Hook, Brooklyn for Magnus Walker's NYC meetup over the summer. The dude who owns that silver one is like 50+ years old but drives that thing like he's 18. I could barely keep up with everyone else in my 100hp shitbox.

This is the best car in the world

you have no idea what youre posting dont you. You prob cant differentiate between certain 911 models

Thats awesome, sadly I doubt most of these car I have pictures of get driven often.

I don't come on here very often anymore, if you ever want to to message me this is my shitty youtube channel, or if you message me on there I can give you a real email address.

youtube.com/channel/UCVosfhsenR3CnCF92Hb3kjQ

>You prob cant differentiate between certain 911 models
I hear the people best at that are the ones that can't afford them

Why tho? What do you think about the picture related?

true

For some two years there was a brand new car that I actually liked. That was interesting. I'm skeptical on if there will be a situation like that ever again.

>but drives that thing like he's 18
So like an amateur?

>Post your Porsches or alternatively post why you don't own one.

>25
>No job to pay for it
>No will to get a job
>No license to drive it
>No will to get a license
>No will to live

I dont know why I come here still

archive.4plebs.org/hr/thread/2920198/

^pics I took at the Porsche Museum.

Originally was looking at a ZL1 or possibly Z06 but decided on a 996 Turbo and love that car. The other day I actually had an adult in one of the back seats too. Not comfortable I'm sure but it wasn't a long ride.

Almost up to 50k miles, bought it with 26k in 2013.

Can't justify a 997 turbo in my life just quite yet. Maybe in another year or two. For now I just get by with my m3

A friend of my dad's had a late 80s 911, took it up a mountain pass (macquarie pass nsw aus) with him in the passengers seat. Like I said it's a good car but in my mind I had built them up to be some kind of sublime driving orgasmic event, and they failed to meet that probably unachievable expectation

Dollarydoos and that whilst I'd love to own one there are others I'd own first.

I have way too much fun driving this thing. Also can't help but get a shit eating grin whenever I walk back to my car after a long day.

Really thinking of test driving a 987 Cayman s in a porsche dealer near me. Price was reasonable too, but I'm afraid I'll fall in love with it and buy it that same week.

Can you fit a rb26 in a 80s body 911?

If by fit you mean having the block hanging out of the back of the car through chopped up bodywork, sure

when I said 18 years old, i dont actually mean amateur, I mean like he was driving very erratic on the highway, swerving in and out of lanes on i-95. obv way more calculated than an 18 year old but still, I wasnt being literal

I want one, but I am poorfag. I drove a long distance cousin of Porsche, VW Beetle.

You will love it, so don't go to there for the sake of your life.

get one faggot

too poor and it looks like someone stepped on hitlers peoples car.

If someone has money and skill for car like that then he most likely will be over 40.

I unironically prefer the 996 to the new versions.

I couldn't depend on or afford mine cause I'm a poor fag, so I sold her. I really fuckin regret it.

Hot damn slantnoses are fucking sexy as hell.

Mine

Jelly.

Heres less flattering back shot.
You'll find out it's not really that much of a head turner

The IMS bearing crisis affects only the 9x6 and 9x7.1 generations, with the exception of Turbos and GT2/3/RS versions
That, and their failure rate is very low outside the 2000-2005 range.

Someone in my neighbourhood has one with champagne interior, see it almost everyday. Makes me desire one if I had a spare €30k

20k is more like it, 30 would get you a nicely specced Targa or C4S.

Not everyone is going for the first cheapest option.

>tfw ywn own this

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA tfw started a business and its still young so I have to invest everything back into it. Aafdkgokgmff nneed porshceeeeeee

I’m waiting until I finish medschool and secure a cozy job to get a cayman GT4, love that car

As your business grows, so does the range of Porsches you can afford.

That is what i live by :]

How cheaply can I get into the 911 (turbo) life? I like the looks of the 930 and 964 a lot, and I figured older models *might* be cheaper.

Cheapest ones you will find are either 996s or something is wrong with them or very high mileage. The older air cooled turbos still fetch a pretty high fee.

what Veeky Forums did you start?

Just a strip club with a twist , hoping it will catch on

my 981 gts

Actually having decent food at the all you can eat buffet?

whats the advantage of these race ramp things? faster exit from the garage?

ya, I make sure that I am ready to blast off at a moments notice

Would think just working under the car with less chance of it falling on your head. I'd block off the front wheels though.

Strippers are very strong.

>alternatively post why you don't own one.
I dont have that problem

The performance was always good relative to cars of the time