Besterest muscle cars

Who made the best muscle cars, the Americans or the Australians?

Funny to think that a tesla will mop the floor of all those street outlaw cucks

Instead of igniting a shitfest because people here are retarded, why don't we just post ones from both we like and ask about ones we don't know about?

Wheres your tesla pal? Or are you too poor for one?

Why did you respond to fairly obvious bait? What was your thought process?

Never reply to me again

Australian "muscle cars" are little kid versions of American muscle with 4 cylinders and shitty Barra's.

Because fuck you

Nobody else respond to this post. Tesla baitposter switching tactics, most likely.

literally none are 4 cylinder and the inline 6's destroyed the big block Camaros on the race track

You just did the thing I told y'all not to do. He knows that. He wants replies.

t. busriding cuckold

t. fag with an outdated rusted out shitheap

shit. i like his idea

Aussies have the cooler engines with the I6's, but they can't pull off the exterior muscle look off as well as America. This is excluding anything from 1990+ cause all of them look retarded except for the challenger.

As an American, I don't want to start a shit flinging pissing contest when I don't know the competition.

What muscle cars are Australia known for? I'm sorry, I genuinely don't know.

>tfw when the entire car community shuns you for owning an electric shitbox

Just don't be cancerous like the bench-shitters who pretend to be obnoxious tesla fanboys.

Holy shit, your life must be pretty sad.

No, I'm serious here. Why would you feed him like that?

Mostly the Ford Falcon, which was the Mad Max car and the Holden Monaro, which isn't really famous but has been used as a platform for a lot of other GM cars. They also invented the Ute, which we would know as an El Camino or Ranchero.
Really it's not a fair comparison because in the heyday of muscle cars, almost every American badge was taking their own spin on the idea. Mustangs, Cougars, Chargers, Challengers, Javelins, Monte Carlos, Chevelles, Malibus, etc.
Australia really only has the two native badges, Ford and Holden.

>the inline 6's destroyed the big block Camaros on the race track
how? in the Australian touring car championship the Camaro ZL1 won 1971 and 1972 and rule changes forced the driver ( Bob Jane) to switch to a small-block to which Toranas started winning.

I think the US probably produced the most great muscle cars during the golden age, but ultimately I think the Aussies win because they never gave up on the idea of the muscle car.
The new model Camaro that helped kick off the current generation of American muscle cars is mostly a Holden.

Who won the Hardie ferodo in 1971?
thats right the phase 3 GTHO.
who won it in 1972?
thats right the gtr xu-1 torana

>1971-1972 Hardie-Ferodo 500
There were no Camaros racing there.

meant for

I got 3 words, Dodge Challenger Hellcat

me too: Commodore Foive Loida

soyboy detected

Basically this

Australia had a higher peak when it came to muscle cars imo, like the XB, XY, Torana, Monaro and Landau but its quite limited compared to america who had a much greater number of cool muscle cars.

Is it actually called a Foive Loida or is that just shitposter phonetics for 5 Liter?

>new model Camaro that helped kick off the current generation of American muscle cars is mostly a Holden.
The "new" Camaro that re-appeared in 2010 after a hiatus from 2002 was based on the Zeta (holden) platform from 2010-2015. the current Camaro is based on the Alpha platform which has no DNA to holden (its really just a Cadillac in hotwheels getup). the 2010 Camaro didn't kick off the modern generation of muscle cars as Ford had left the mustang in production continuously and Chrysler had already revived the Challenger/charger. GM wanted a piece of that pie and used the Zeta platform in a desperate attempt to bring something to the table (the camaro engineers originally didn't want this as they said the Zeta was too heavy for what they wanted the Camaro to be and they were right).

The valiants are pretty awesome too but you are right, aus really didn't have many, just many variations on the ones it did have.

stray'n for 5L

The Mustang and the Camaro remained in continuous production, but I wouldn't really call what was produced for most of the 80s-90s muscle cars. The muscle car in the US was functionally dead from about the mid 80s to the mid 00s. But the Aussies never gave up on the muscle car and for that I give them credit.

that is how you pronounce 5 litre with an Australian accent

I've always had a soft spot for the 2nd gen AMC Javelin. It wasn't the fastest muscle car by a longshot, but it was one of the best examples of 70s muscle car design IMO.

XY's are my favourite. I hate how the boomer fucks have fucked the prics of these cars though

You hate how boomers have inflated the prices of 40 year old cars that only had 250 examples from the factory to begin with?

What happened with the Alpha? The current gen Camaros are heavy as sin too

No, they made 100k normal ones and they are worth 20-40k for a stock standard 6 banger one.

IMHO the Buick GNX was the last true American muscle car, in that it was an ordinary production car that was just roided to hell for the fun of it.
The new generation of American stuff just doesn't feel like muscle cars to me. They're really impressive machines, but they're too glitzy and purpose-built. Classic muscle cars were always about democratizing performance, like hot hatchbacks did in Europe.

>The new generation of American stuff just doesn't feel like muscle cars to me.
>Classic muscle cars were always about democratizing performance, like hot hatchbacks did in Europe.

A GNX cost more than a Corvette and used a V6.

Funny to think that you can't afford one.

That user makes a lot of sense, which seems odd on Veeky Forums.

For how long before it runs out of charge?

>the Camaro remained in continuous production
kind of a huge gap of missing cars from 2002-2010.
>2005 Camaro
>404 not found

>The muscle car in the US was functionally dead from about the mid 80s to the mid 00s
>Cobra R
>Saleen S281
>GNX

It doesn't really matter when the SO guys run 6s and 7s in the 1/4 mile.

Yeah that is pretty fair for a clean car that is pushing 50 years old mate.
get your head out of your arse.

I'm Australian and Ford stopped making v8 cars for many years and the fastest holden had a turbo 6 from nissan. I'm surprised the old australian cars are so valuable because you can now get amercian ones cheaper hear.

None of those are muscle cars.

What is your definition of muscle car then.

Not Mustangs or V6 equipped cars for one.

the vl turbo is in no way the fastest holden mate...
a stock standard sv6 commodore is porbably faster.

Cool, so know what isn't now tell me what is.

So if a car can come in a v6 then the v8 versions are not a muscle car?
by this logic a hsv gts-r w1 isn't really a muscle car even though it has a supercharged 6.2 litre v8

Muscle car has to have a big block in it. I'm not talking 400+ cid. I mean a literal from the factory called a big block.

Mid-size or full-size 2 door with a big block engine.

If it has a V8 it doesn't have a V6 now does it. It's not a muscle car because it has 4 doors.

So you are going to tell me pic is not a muscle car either then?

As an australian the only right answer is America , dunno how or why it's even a competition, they have so, so many models to choose from while we have a handful

Better to have 5 lions than an army of sheep.

>5L small block
>4 doors

And aren't they compact cars? It's more of a sport sedan than muscle.

big block = understeer
im sure that is fine in America where corners are non existent though.
guess that is the difference, Australian muscle cars actually handle well.

Sorry sweetie. The tesla p100d is the quickest car ever made. The megathread on /r/cars should tell you everything you need to know.

Now that just makes too much sense. Please kys.

Australia never made muscle cars.

The tesla is a 6 second car?

>small block
A small block will never be sold in a production car ever again because of how heavy they are and how easy it is to make power out of a small block with a pully. also pic related should be considered a muscle as well as the B-body impalas.

>big block = understeer
>a big block is regulated out of australian touring car racing for understeering its way to victory twice in a row
For modern cars id kinda agree though.

B T F O
T
F
O

>A small block will never be sold in a production car
big block* also check em satanist.

An aluminum big block Chevy weighs less than an iron small block. The thing is muscle cars don't really exist anymore.

>not a single muscle car on the chart

lol?

I really wish we got some of the older and even newer aussie muscle cars. The older commodores and falcons look great.

I guess. I just want to pay less for one.

>Ford falcon cobra
>not a muscle car
Righto champ

>302 and 351

No it's not.

>small block
>not a muscle car

are you a retarded american? we all know the big block is for fags

>burgers and emus squabbling over who made worse cars

Kicked you Aussie tards on your own tracks in your own championship lol

>one of the most iconic muscle cars in American media
>not a muscle car
get a load of this seppo

everyone knows the small block is superior m8, only drag racing fags use muh big block.

You do know Bob janes Camaro still gets raced in touring car masters to this very day and it still gets beaten by small block Holdens and Fords constantly right?

Then why did a BBC rape the little cuck small blocks on the track?
I thought sour grapes were a meme but now I believe.

Not a muscle car in the slightest.
In fact it just rips off the Torino but instead of actual muscle engines it got little shitter engines.

>japan is slower around the nerdy turd ring than pushrods
SHINGO BTFO!

BBC only dominated because small block guys had to back off so that gm/ford/dodge could sell the big blocks and not learn the secrets of the small block

> so that gm/ford/dodge could sell the big blocks
In Australia? Did you guys even get any big blocks?

>not learn the secrets of the small block
Yeah, them Aussie cars using American small blocks lmao.

It didn't and still doesn't how many races has the big block camaro won in touring car masters in the past 5 years?

>The 1971 and 1972 championships were won by 1962 and 1963 champion Bob Jane who drove a 7.0 litre Chevrolet Camaro ZL-1 in 1971 before CAMS rule changes forced Jane to use the smaller 5.7 litre 350 Chevrolet in the Camaro in 1972.

Kek.

No. Because we knew the potential of the small block, we didn't want to understeer even more.

>The 427 engine and gearbox were sold to Aussie expatriate, Frank Gardner, who fitted the monster powerplant to his 1970½ Camaro; the combination winning the 1973 British Saloon Car Championship.

Kek again.

Who gives a fuck about the 70's?
They still race these cars today.
Also
>quoting anything before 1968
yeah i wonder why bob beat pic related in a 7 litre camaro.

Does this retard think he was running a Camaro in 1962 and 63? Who gives a fuck about cherry picking modern series that are irrelevant to history?

This, why would you quote 70's races when TCM is a thing and has been for more than a decade?

you even get to pick on euro fags because the porsche 911's are at the back of the pack.

shhhhh the shitposters are b8ing

Bob Jane's Camaro doesn't run in TCM you dumbfuck. It's a replica car done as an homage and the rules wouldn't even allow a big block.

So BTFO, Aussies always been a little special.

Lol. I wonder why 7L won, Beating a EH with a 179 in it...

>can't accept the fact that the 350 camaro is faster than the big block
why do you think they don't use it?

BMW makes the best muscle cars.

>black mans willie

They were also racing against Toranas, GTHOs, VH Valiant Chargers, HQ KANGS-in SHIET~wood.

Because the rules are made with Aussie smoll cars in mind and they have no big engines :^)
Camaro still beat Aussie shit with the 350 so eh.

Nah that's Mercedes.