>drone
drone
>drone
drone
>drone
drone

>Braaaaaaaaaaapopbraaaaaaaaaaaapopoprrrrrrrrrrr
>Baaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Which one sounds better? Also, it's an autotragic but worse.

cant handle hp
80% power loss

>cruise

not like modern cars make any noise anyway
visforvoltage.org/forum/13629-concepts-ebike-propulsion?page=10=

Enjoy going to the dealer every 48-55 thousand miles to get a rubber band replaced faggot.

they all fall apart much quicker than a traditional automatic or manual transmission

>Rubber band
They are metal belts.

no torks

subaru cvt is okay but the wrx manual is just really good

Questionable reliability
Droning at high speeds
Saps the character out of a car.

An efficient engine with a good DCT, manual, or hell even a good torque converter autos is efficient enough while being reliable plus more fun to drive.

>droning
>huge power loss
>no torque
>unreliable
>has the eagerness of a depressed person looking for a reason to get out of bed on a sunday morning after he overslept, eventually rolling out of bed with the groan of a dying animal

>Had 2 cvts fail on me before the warranty expired.
>Went to a dyno day and pulled 25 less hp than 2 other same model cars with 5 speeds (they were stock as well).
>Mpg was pretty good but after the first cvt failure i consistently got under 30mpg as opposed to the 35+ that i was getting.
>Cvts tend be "remove and replace" rather than "fix the one stuck solenoid that is causing slam shifts from park to drive"
>dealer techs can't even agree how much tranny fluid they should have.
>requires fluid changes every 30k if you dd
>ecu is tuned to ignore sudden throttle inputs and slowly open the throttle to keep the cvt happy
>any go fast parts are a waste of time since the manual will always respond better and net more hpees
>its a glorified golf cart/snow machine transmission

I will qualify my statements with the fact that it was a jatco cvt(s). They are terrible. So much that nissan extended the warranty period for them. It doesn't really matter how long the warranty is since all jatco cvts are on borrowed time. They are disposable and you'd be wise to get rud of it before the warranty is up. Manufactures only mate cvts to their cars for mpg ratings. Mpgees sell cars, which is why most shitboxes now come with them standard. I maintained that cvt the best i could and and it still shit the bed.

I don't like the cvt and would prefer a standard slush box if i had to get an auto.

More like kevlar belts with metal plates inbeded in them. Those plates either wear beyond spec causing slipping which causes heat or get ripped out of the belt which causes the same issues

Let me add some torque....

Huh. That's interesting

>complaining about torque in a cvt

turn traction control off, ya morons.

vvvvvvvvvvRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRvvvvvvvvv

imo it takes away from the experience of driving.

plus what's the point of having an CVT if you just make it have pretend gears anyway?

>>has the eagerness of a depressed person looking for a reason to get out of bed on a sunday morning after he overslept, eventually rolling out of bed with the groan of a dying animal

kek this sums it up pretty well

Conventional CVT vs Subaru's Lineartronic CVT

Still doesn't change the fact that they need to be replaced every 45-55k miles.

It's just too weak. The idea is good, but some redesign is needed until they break out and replace DCT as the default auto (if electric cars don't replace them first)

Yeah it's amazing how Subaru manages to get lower mpg than a manual with CVT.

Its like being the smartest retard in special ed..