Dodge What the Fuck

Dodge What the Fuck.

based on 1980 prices, $1 usd was worth $2.5 , so a shelby would have costed about 18k in todays money

and they wonder why we complain about not being able to afford houses/cars/families , everything costs twice as much as it did the boomers, probably even triple

I mean really

so get off your lazy millenial ass and go make a cheap sports car that can compete with CAFE laws and shit.

Dude...I made $2.35 an hour, student wage @ 15 at Mcdicks in 1980...shit was cheaper back then, but we made an awful lot less too...

Fucking kek

though tbqh this is kind of making me want one.

The minimum wage was 3.10 you lying sack of shit. Which is over 9 dollars in today's money. And that's minimum wage. Go fuck yourself.

Or maybe don't ruin the economy and pass frivolous regulations laws fuqboi

>Heritages the name of the all-mighty Charger
>Front wheel drive
>Most versions had a fucking Peugeot L4 engine on it

Not even Shelby managed to save this abomination

Productivity per hour is growing at a faster rate than wages.

Dodge is alright.

Because the increased productivity is not caused by an increase in how good the worker is but because of increases in automation. UAW workers are as dumb as ever, the manufacturers simply invest heavily in technology that makes them able to get more work done, more easily, and more quickly.

That's completely wrong tho
$8,290 in 1980 → $24,627.14 in 2017

they're waiting for you gordon, in the test chargerrrr

These have been up for ages, should I?

i like my avenger r/t :)

I want one just so I can tell people I drive a chargerrrr

nice one

This user is correct. Prices of cars today are almost identical to their decades old counterparts when adjusted for inflation

Kek

Typical whiney little bitch. Waahhh it's the boomers fault I fail at life.

Go to college for an in demand career you fucking pleb. Can't afford college? Do four years in the military and get a gi bill.

So sick of you little whiney entitled fucks.

Found the boomer

Student wage in Ontario in 1980 was $2.35 faggot...I was there...I think your mommys got your tendies ready for dindin...
You give me that spiteful look again when I order my coffee I'll take that shit up with your night shift manager...

Damn, those are ugly as fuck.

>tfw you have a Dodge Chargerest

I'm 29. Did a stint in the military 18-22 then went to school on the GI Bill working toward a bachelor's in organic chemistry. Now I have a job and comfortable life while the rest of our generation cries for hand outs.

Found the NEET

According to this calculator, inflation is a lot more than that.
www.usinflationcalculator.com/

Year 1980 to 2017.
Price is $15,000 to $44,903.34.

An interesting coincidence, though. I just read a post somewhere that showed the cost of Ford Mustangs over the last few decades. The car jumped from $8000 to nearly $35k in about 12 years. Far higher than inflation itself should have taken it. Cars today are more expensive than cars of yesteryear, even after inflation.

>and they wonder why we complain about not being able to afford houses/cars/families

This is not accurate. The cost of living is actually closer to x3 more, or even as much as x200 more, pending on what it is we are talking about. *COUGH* Ejumacation *COUGH*

Now, now, children. You are both retarded idiots failures fighting over McDonald's. Let's just agree that neither of you are smart enough in politics to carry on this conversation.

>jumped $8000 to nearly $35k in about 12 years

Kindly demonstrate which 12 year period you're talking about, because I can buy a base GT for $35k NOW and I sure as shit could not have bought one for $8k 12 years ago, or even 24 years ago.

If you want, don't know how a 2.2 turbo will affect your taxes, but the engines are strong as shit for being SOHC and terrible under square, and make good power
The interior is shit in classic Chrysler fashion, but if you don't give a shit they are fun cars

lol does that say 0-50?

The paint on the grey one is FUCKED but it kinda adds to the shitbox-y charm.

No taxes on displacement, only vehicle weight around here. And stupid fuel prices, but that's the case regardless of car choice.

They were pretty light, around 2500-2600 lbs
Like I said it's going to drive like an 80s FWD Dodge so don't expect miracles, but the engine and trans should be solid if taken care of
They take mods well, but I'd focus on the suspension first

Those Shelby Chargers are worth an absolute fortune in mint condition as are a lot of malaise-era 80s cars now

>0-60 mph in 5.5 seconds
>in the 80s
Dodge being absolute mad men...fuck I want one

And they're FWD too, can you imagine the torque steer with 80s cantturn suspension?

They didn't have that much power stick, like 160hp in the early 2.2 Turbo I, they were fast because they were the American Golf and stupid lightweight

“A popular modification was the MOPAR Performance Stage II Computer (Logic Module). This increased the boost to 14.7 psi under wide-open throttle, and output was raised to a claimed 205 hp and 246 lb⋅ft (334 N⋅m) of torque.”

Dear lord

0-50mph

Shelby Chargers are nothing to fuck with, especially the models with the DOHC head

There was a final send off called the IROC Daytona which has 224hp and a Lotus DOHC head, they are unicorns in the Daytona stable and are very rare

same engine was in the spirit r/t but good luck finding either one of them

There's actually a '91 Spirit RT for sale near me for

In reality one of Dodges most technologically advanced cars was Japanese. LMFAO Dodge back the FUCKKKKKK off you can't make cars.

>tfw I actually love the Shelby Charger and want one
How hard is it to find one? And what should I know once I have one? I know they're FWD trash but I still like them

can you retards stop driving all black chargers/challengers? you look like an unmarked cop car so everybody around you drives slowly and gets nervous

Check CL, I found 2 within 200 mile radius of my zip

Bro its the car of "i'm a try hard badass" you can stop them.

my oldest sister had a daytona turbo z when i was a kid. i just remember it being the same car some hot piece of ass female detective drove in some 80's tv show. looked just like pic related.

i never got to drive it because i was too young but i just remember it being kind of a POS. typical mid-80's era mopar i guess. she didn't even have it a full year before she traded it in for a convertible VW rabbit of all things.

the fact that those things are worth any money at all today blows my mind.

>older sister had
>it was a POS
Pick two, your sister probably ran the fucker into the ground, and turbo cars were temperamental in the 80s, but if you took care of then they took care if you, your sister being a typical woman (evidenced by trading it in for a VW Cabriolet) was the reason it was shitty, not the car itself