/ink/- Splatoon General

Previous: SPLATOON 2 IS NOW OUT

Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- The next NA/EU Splatfest is Mayonnaise vs Ketchup, to be held in the first weekend of August.
- Splatoon 2 needs 3.1 GB of space to install
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far) includes:
Splatoon 2 FA-11 Custom Gear (Switch)
Splatoon 2 Ika V Collaboration Gear (Switch)
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- Rotations are now every 2 hours instead of 4.
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!
-The Inkbrush is out now!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Splatoon 2 Weapon Stats
- imgur.com/a/eV8p0
>S2 New weapon stats
-imgur.com/a/NFzgv

>S2 Headgear
-imgur.com/a/9w8lx
>S2 Shirts
-imgur.com/a/gUexS
>S2 Shoes
-imgur.com/a/Cq7La

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Discord

- who knows

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> if you want to add your friend code before splatoon goes out use this:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> list of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13534740
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12d51IAvxF9Nj4QTCZGlcjULgGNi1xbDQbcNieB8EQX8/edit#gid=142907230
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sex with Marie!

How do I literally fuck Marie?

How far did you get into B before you dropped?

Sex with Callie?

What are some good japanese players to watch?

This doesn't really matter because of the exploit but after you max out all the Hero stuff you can buy tickets

Wait a few thousand years, I guess.

nvm saw you responded

>splatzones

nice, but Marie tho

Yeah, I just couldn't get into the groove it seems.

If they give drinks or 2x tickets, they do matter.
Do they? Where did you grind the power eggs from?

neat!

What about them?

it's like turf war except bad

They alternate between giving 1.5x money and 1.5x exp

>what I expected when I bought splatoon 2
>all the maps, weapons, songs, bombs, and specials from 1 + tons of new stuff

>what I got
>mostly new stuff with a few old things and all the other old stuff seemingly coming through DLC. Again. Instead of new stuff.

Why did I fall for this meme again?
Now it'll be several months before the game is actually good.

Being femdommed by Miss Marie!

I didn't grind on a stage. I've just been working clearing all the stages with every weapon

I'm completely naive to it, but can't you get eggs from Salmon Run as well?

No clue.

What happened to one day shipping user? Did you get your Switch?

Grizz takes all of those for itself and pays you in stamps.

Single player eggs and Salmon Run eggs are separate

How come some salmon are literally running around with tech made from pots and pans while others like this thing are using military-grade weaponry

Is that 1.5 or 2 tickets?

Where do you get x2 tickets?

Heavy Splatling for Tower and Zones, Splattershot and nzap for rainmaker. Well technically I'm still regular B rank in two of those modes but I win about 80-85% of my matches and the entire B rank is all the same pool of players so It's only a matter of playing more than 2 or 3 sessions

I'd like to like the Jet more but it just feels so weak compared to using a Splatling or SSP.

Ink recovery and trigger discipline

>Whether they're being aggro of defensive they're always laying down a lot of ink to make breathing room on the map.
It's too bad the majority of S ranks I came across didn't employ this that often in Splat 1. Always had a chuckle when I hear friends of mine complain about getting ambushed by Carbons all the time

Ask the arabs.

I guess this confirms that the ticket thing is an exploit. If tickets were intended to be sold, then its not intended for tickets to be farmable. Wonder how long until this is fixed.

To those here who are not S rank NEETs who spend hundreds of hours in the first Splatoon refining their skills, how do you keep your sanity in Ranked after a series of loses where you tired to carry your team getting lots of splats but ultimately failing?

If you read the field manual, you'll see that Flyfish are extremely expensive to deploy and the equipment is only given to skilled Salmonids that have undergone extensive training.

What's your favorite pair, /ink/?

strawpoll.me/13534740

I've been getting really drunk when I play.

It helps up to a point.

I'm still not sure what weapons I like best but generally Hero Shot and Splat Dualies.

How do I get around the rapid blaster? I've been going up against moonfolk with them all day and unless I get behind them I usually get stuck and die.

You guys never stalked your jp rivals?

Don't know. Gonna work on get 1500 eggs now to find out

Tri-bucket, but it's only good on tight maps.

What's the best guide on splatoon 2 for a scrub like me who never got competitively into splatoon on wii u? I'm still confused on little shit like how abilities work and everything else.

DEEPEST LORE

I feel happy that i did a good job and don't really care about losing rank.

>complaining about a sequel having new content
>expecting Splatoon Deluxe

You have nobody to blame but yourself, user. Just try to enjoy yourself in the meantime, if you can.

What are the best levels for getting eggs? I want to upgrade my stuff playing those levels first before I go through everything else

You can kill samuro in less than a minute with a proper weapon or lv 2 hero shot, gives 55 eggs. With intro and stuff, loading times, looking at 1:30 time for 55 eggs. There might be a better farming location.

Do we think Grizzco and the Salmonids will play a bigger part in the lore in the future? The game keeps implying there's something shady going on with Grizzco and they won't show us what Mr. Grizz looks like. The Salmonids also have highly-advanced technology. Did they make some kind of alliance with the Octarians? Is Mr. Grizz playing both sides? What's going on?

It should've had all the old content and new content added on with more new stuff later.
Not a small chunk of the old stuff with the new stuff, and the other old stuff added later.
I can't wait for more DLC to be wasted on stuff we already got in Splatoon 1 that should've been in the game at launch.

This guy is such a chump if you have max leveled Hero Shot/Dualies

I mean, like Splatoon 1 and Arms, they want the game to start simple and gradually get more complicated over time.

Grizz Is a Salmonid
It's all a scheme to exploit Inklings for profit

What do you guys think of the future weapons?
.52 gal Deco is probably going to be my go to.docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12d51IAvxF9Nj4QTCZGlcjULgGNi1xbDQbcNieB8EQX8/edit#gid=142907230

I want this thing to not exist.

When I'm looking at streams it's more of a first impression sort of deal, unless said players are associated with others. Sendou caught my attention from being associated with Nikkey, who is also another really good player but doesn't stream as constantly.

>throw bomb into one side
>whole also throws their bombs in the same side

this happen do anyone else?

Sorella Brella is a cool name. Kit's kinda cool too
Damn shame the gun's just kinda meh

And then you ultimately fail anyway because obviously doing so poorly in the first wave was a bad sign and you wonder why you tried so hard in the first place.

oh my holy fucking shit
im going to play the shit out of the gold dynamo

Get to work on multiverse transportation technology, many worlds theory states there's got to be at least one universe where she's real. Of course, once it's done you'll have to fight me to the death for her.

>pop grenade special to take care of two fly fishes
>they both close up and fly away
fuck these cunts

>finally level up to 20
>"Sorry, chum, but I'm stupid busy right now."

When can I add slots?

>Missile launchers open
>Hold onto my bomb to see where teammates throw it in
>They hold onto theirs too
>Missile launchers close
>We all scramble away in shame as the missiles fall

Trislosh or octobrush

literal fucking bottle rockets
goddammit nintendo, ya silly bastards

Supposedly the guide says level 30, but I never read it myself.

>throw bomb
>barely misses
>see three more bombs
>they miss too

Is the switch suppose to overheat when it's docked? Don't feellike this is right

Do you have ninja squid/stealth jump? Then use octobrush.
Otherwise use the bucket.

>master1200

How the hell do you save splat charger shots like they mentioned in the god damn demo videos?

I figoured it was as simple as just hold the fire button down and swimming away in ink form but I can't get it to work... I must be doing something wrong... or maybe only specific splat chargers can do this?

runs pretty hot

Can I get the power armor without buying a amiibo? I never played splat one and that thing just looks like it would go really well with a heavy splatling

I'm assmad that the Squid Sisters amiibos are completely useless now. I would have loved to see upgraded performances. The gear you get is ugly and you can't even change locations in the shitty photo feature like you can with the inklings.

In fact, I'm even more assmad about the way they got completely shafted post-story. Callie doesn't show up at all anywhere, and Marie just continues to stand around in Octo Canyon. Off the Hook are cool and all, and the story mode was great, but man, this sucks.

Yep, there have been a lot on console failures since Splatoon 2 released. It gets too hot.

It's like that, but you can only hold it for about a second.
Once you see your ink meter starting to fill back up again, that means you've lost the charge.

It only works for a short time, like 2 seconds max.

Has anyone else been inspired to be more effay after seeing all of the fresh squids in Splatoon?

scoped chargers can't save shots.
you have to charge before going into ink, and it only lasts for about 1.5 seconds.

>Callie doesn't show up at all anywhere
good, she's a bitch and a whore

no

Mariefags being as trashy as their slutty, shitty waifu as usual.

Cute spaghettis make even the dumbest, ugliest sneakers look wearable. No, I haven't been inspired by splatoon. Just depressed.

>Have only seen one nigger Squiddo in hours of play.
Blacks BTFO.

Can't we get along?

At least Marie wasn't INKED

Either Nintendo is planning to have the Sisters do something else, or they're retarded and lazy. I'm not sure which is more likely, but they set up the update when Marie said she's guarding Octavio till Cap'n gets back, so maybe there's hope.

>slutty
Callie was the one getting mindbroken by octococks

please say there is these things are like 20$

Slosher Deco looks pretty damn good, Octobrush Nouveau fixes the terrible sub/special that the base Octobrush has.

You say trashy like its a bad thing.

no

it looks like shit anyway

Wasn't amiibo piracy a thing? Load a RFC chip with the right data?

Ah, I was wondering, thanks to that whole "if you see someone with this gear talk to me" think with the spiky kid

Callie pulls off that outfit better than Pearl does.

The Amiibo gear are the only exception to that

Amiibo gear isn't orderable, but I believe eventually they added similar looking gear toward the end of Splatoon 1.