>British """"""""""""""""Car Culture""""""""""""""""

youtube.com/watch?v=6p7I5uP5BEA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K5UBRXOHTuM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMK9K1vJKFs
youtube.com/watch?v=oYdyoePZxvc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you can find this trash all over the world though

Looks like any other car show. I see a lot of cool cars that I didn't expect Brits would be legally allowed to own there.

>didn't expect Brits would be legally allowed to own there
You can own pretty much any car in Britain, the law isn't an issue, just insurance for young drivers

The early 00s were the best time for being a bong

Britain is probably the most liberal country as far as being allowed to drive shit on the road when you shouldn't really.
Pic related is a completely road legal car in bongland

Most of these would be illegal in the US

Car rules in Britain are basically "If you're over 25, we trust you not to fuck up too badly". IIRC vehicles of a certain age are flatout exempt from laws too, friend of mine has a motorbike from roughly WW1 with two gears (revolutionary at the time) and an oil lamp on the front.

You can drive that shit and tanks.... But god forbid you have frame or body rust on a normal car and have to go through a MOT inspection.

youtube.com/watch?v=K5UBRXOHTuM

>Muh empire

What is worse, British car culture or Australian car culture?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMK9K1vJKFs

Australian cars seem less shitty for the main 80% or so.

British teens all drive small hatches, then maybe 20% of drivers have something interesting.

Australian Bogans seem like cunts tho

>illegal in the US
The US isn't one entity

What is (probably) illegal in California, most likely isn't illegal in Florida. In Florida, you can drive around with an ls powered shitbox with a massive cam and no cats

There's definitely less variety in Strayan car culture. It's bogans in Commos, it's ricers in imports, and it's offroad bogans in Land Cruisers with a tray. That's it. Also pretty sure Australian police can now fine you for operating a car near a car meet.

why do they all have obnoxious, RASPY exhausts?

Maybe stop having fucking frame rust then, you brain dead redneck moron. Fuck off into your home country with your rotten piles of shit.

Stop saying police in melbourne represent all of Australia.
it is like saying Americans and their customs are all like they are in New Jersey.

>Australian police can now fine you for operating a car near a car meet

Source?

>be 'Strayan driving to work
>PULL OVER CUNT, YOU'RE ILLEGALLY DRIVING BY A CAR MEET

I was being exaggerating. But you can be fined for all sorts of shit in Australia now. As soon as you don't drive an econobox you're a potential hoon and they'll find a reason for pulling you over, even if it's just subjectively accelerating too quickly.

>accelerating too quickly
the cops are just jealous that they got gapped by a guy who is at quarter throttle

i drive a v8 commodore with a straight through exhaust and never get pulled over.
people that do are called P plate drivers and they are not allowed to have any kind of modifications on their cars because they are normally fuckwits on the road and the majority always has to conform for the minority of idiots.
kinda like why speed limits exist.

hi

you know in America you can be fined for the same thing right?
it is called reckless driving..

>because they are normally fuckwits on the road
No wonder considering Australia regards parents as decent enough driving teachers. They're not, and obviously their students are going to suck shit.

so is the new thing to try and make your car look like a hillclimb car?

Is there any better aesthetic than pikespeakcore?

>subjectively accelerating too quickly

That's a traffic code violation in every country/state/province I can think of. Where I live it's called "improper use of throttle". It's pretty easy to prove now that police cars have cameras and microphones everywhere. Especially Australians

it's called exhibition of acceleration in New Jersey

>implying this isn't an actual hillclimb car
>implying this isn't the greatest trend in American automotive history

not that new. the guy built this car for time attack a few years ago and basically stuck random shit on it even though it didn't help with the aero, it became infamous on a few car forums in the uk and he crashed it and on another occasion it caught fire

it's definitely not an actual hillclimb car
youtube.com/watch?v=oYdyoePZxvc

it varies heavily by region in the US.

Cops in the south will let you do 9 or 10 over (unless you are out of state or black) and unless you are doing a full throttle burnout accelerating from a stoplight they do not care at all how fast you get there. If you are driving in the mountains there are very few police, more drunk or elderly drivers, and many roads do not have guardrails, so speeding is a huge risk to your personal safety anyway. There's a mountain pass near me with a speed limit of 35, and if you go down it it's incredibly obvious why.

Or you could not live in a shitty state and drive whatever the fuck on your P plates?

>All that stance

Disgusting

Or you could not be a child and drive what ever the fuck you want.
the only people who complain about P plate laws are P platers, and having been one myself i am honestly glad they can't drive what ever the fuck they want, it is bad enough having them tail gate me in an ecotec commodore and having to lose them.

actually kind of like it

>flooring it to screech to a halt seconds later

>file name

That's a 306 laddie

The Max Power days were glorious for bongs

Dude... In the USA outside of commiefornia anything goes. If it has a VIN and no check engine light on any car post 1995 it passes. Old cars in big cities have to pass smog check thats it. Outside of big cities a lot of places dont even have to pass smog.

>PS2 in car yo
Shit was sooo good.

that 'Florida Skyline' is still illegal
law enforcement is just incompetent