over.gg
gosugamers.net/overwatch
overwatchcontenders.com
worldcup.playoverwatch.com

Other urls found in this thread:

us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758356169
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I WANT A REINHARDT TITTYPAD

is it weird that they are releasing doomfist on a thursday and not on tuesday when usually its reset day?

Fareeha Amari

When are they gonna release a new healer?
There's like three in the game, one is for people with Downs and women, and the other is considered a throw pick.

Why are you all so angry?

Yeah but the reason is they wanted to use the doomfist launch music they had from the PTR and they are gonna have to switch to summer games theme that next Tuesday

I want to nut hard in Symmeta's cervix!!!

I'm fairly certain orisa was launched on a thursday as well. Its unusual but not unprecedented.

>tfw you type your shit but the thread has ended
Don't listen to this fool, play Sombra/Tracer for as much as you want, even if yhou are losing. Try your absolute hardest to get a steady tracking everytime you are shooting. Every time.
Keep in mind that tracking is 50/50 aim and prediction, so try to predict where your target is going (Tracer mostly runs in a straight line, Genji can't move much after doublejump, etc.).
You'll get better when you are trying to get better. Trust me, I had 29% winrate on Tracer mostly due to my hands being shaky as fuck when I was trying to aim upclose. You've got the paranoia in your had that you've got a fraction of a time to aim, when in reality you can just calm and take your time. Now I've got 65% winrate on her.
It will get better, trust me. You just have to try your hardest every time you press m1.

Because I'm playing a game that is dying due to its clueless devs who fiddle with their doomed e-sports bungle while the game burns and the community is descending into a swamp of frustration and throwing.

Why is Blizzard so shit at releasing heroes?

>Sombra ARG, an entire month of countdowns to countdowns that went fucking nowhere and made everybody angry
>Orisa, just dropping some hero nobody cared about or wanted unceremoniously and then abandoning her
>Doomfist, where the hype train is already stalled on the tracks because they decided to announce him and then prevent anybody from playing him in the live game for three weeks

People will defend this.

A cute!

Orisa came out on a Tuesday. Here's Kaplan saying why Doomfist didn't come out today.

>play symmetra
>someone shoots me
>I die
why is this allowed? I thought she was supposed to be op

I want to be Angela's trusty lab assistant!

I want to help her relax after a long day at the hospital by making a pleasant dinner for her!

I want her to retire soon to find rest and happiness!

Sounds like a lot of bullshit honestly.

Does anyone other than me actually enjoy the game? Seems like /owg/ has totally succumbed to the hate. In spite of its balance issues and occasionally awful teammates, I still really enjoy it.

There was a big Hearthstone update today.
So they needed more hands on deck to push that out. Makes sense. I still think part of it is due to Geoff's fear of not ironing out Doomfist's bugs in time.

Yeye, this game was dying before it even was an e-sport and when Ana was released the game was dead as well due to Ana being so fucking weak and everything.
Majority of players do not give a cunt's suck about e-sports, so fuck off already with your dead game.

Anyone got any advice on how to practice lucio movement? Wall riding and such? I pretty much played him once ever

I would probably enjoy it more if my teammates weren't such assclowns that they let me die when I'm a tank because they would rather pocket Soldier than heal me, or pick Winston and just retard leap directly into the gunfire with no support, or pick D.Va and only DM themselves, or when I play healer and nobody can focus even a single character so there's nobody shooting Winston as he chases me around for 50 seconds.

>tfw you sometimes forget orisa even exists

neck yourself

>oh fuck, the guy who has the password to push patches to live is on vacation till thursday?
>alright we'll just release doomfuck then.

So I got muted for a year a few days ago, after my 3-4 month ban. I'm not trying to get my ban undone or garner anonymous sympathy.

You'd think I was screaming in chat or something, or raging. But really I'm pretty chill in voice except for hilarious moments were I laugh my ass off.

I just use tons of profanity in chat and fuck off. Pretty sure the system is entirely automated unless someone is excessively reported and hasn't hit the word filters for an automatic ban. I got muted at the start of the match for calling hanzo a nigger after being killed 5~ seconds into the match by a random scatter arrow shot upwards from his spawn, into mine.

So, I play game, not allowed to talk or communicate to strangers, I've got friends, whatever, don't give a shit. low masters/upper diamond, not really important since pubs dont work together anyway.

however.

"effective immediately" announcement an hour or so ago.

I get a 24 hour comp ban, while playing with my 6 stack after winning 3 games in a row. I played junkrat and hard countering winston/dva and had multiple golds, so I couldn't have triggered a griefing filter. Dunno

so, I hope you guys enjoy. I think I've put up enough from the poor balance, and now this ridiculous stuff.

lol!! people said this game would live longer than tf2! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>tfw no Amélie to ogle in different outfits

THIS
but people rather stick their heads up their ass saying its not dying until its too late

>Doomfist, where the hype train is already stalled on the tracks because they decided to announce him and then prevent anybody from playing him in the live game for three weeks
Are you new to this game? Literally same shit happened with every heros they'd released. This is the same reason why servers are down for few hours when event goes live. People see new stuff, people want to try it.
Who the fuck cares how do they release heroes, if you are sane person you should not give in to the hype, but if you are not - blame on one but yourself for your letdowns.

anyone have a link to that Tracer Doujin from last thread?

You have to press the space bar.

>Who the fuck cares how do they release heroes

I dunno if you realize this but building community excitement is important. Releasing a new hero is important. These things matter.

It's not like there's many to browse through.

Would you visit Reinhardt and Ana at their vacation home?

Fine, prove to me that this game is dying.

>teammate doesn't have an actual argument so he resorts to copying everything you say with some autism added

if you play widow in comp you should feel bad

>teammate is listening to right wing talk radio in the background
>"hey man can you turn that off"
>"No."

It's mass psychology about to happen. The main forums are being flooded with how this person and that person is leaving and they're big streamers, suggesting their bandwagon of followers is going with them.

To any sane person this is irrelevant, but remember people came to Overwatch because of the bandwagon effect. And they'll want to be on that next big game because "everyone else is playing it"

what are some fucking leftie? Go play

Sold Overwatch last year cause I needed the money but I'm interested in getting it again. Are the playerbase on console still a decent size or does it take awhile to find games now?

Are you in fact going to tell me that it is matter how they are releasing heroes? That somebody at any point looked at how they introduced Sombra/Doomfist/Orisa nad said "that's it, this was not what i was expecting, I quit"?
Yes, they fucked up with Sombra, but only bacause there were retards who can't live a day without OMG OMG NEW CLUE TO SOMBRA!!!! and Stylosa spaming his garbage preaching about WOW IDK ABOUT YOU GUYS BUT THIS IS SOOO COOOL.
Now Blizzard is just doing
>wink wink something comes in a few days
>announce
>Jeff speaks
>PTR
>Making this hero
>release
The only reason Doomfist's announce was with Orisa is because they were in development together since Autum.

don't bother, it's dying

don't lie

I don't give a shit about Stylosa's clickbait, but if you think the Sombra ARG was a fuckup because they put out an ARG, which people then played, and it was shit, you are a blind cocksucker.

Yeah, how heroes are released matters. It matters what the hero is, it matters how you announce it, it matters how long it takes before people can play the hero, it matters how long it takes for the hero to go live, all of that matters. Look up what morale is sometime.

Overwatch will hit the 100 million registered players mark next month!

>Lena will never do this to you

well enjoy being in denial i guess

This is same shit with MOBAs, people invested too many hours learning how each hero works and what counters who. They will not leave that easy, plus 80% at worst do not care neither about e-sports nor e-celebs. It's all bullshit.

B-but smurfs aren't an issue, I swear! ;__;

T. Jeff

Even if nobody leaves the game is still in a shit state.

Probably. PUBG looks like it will stale out in a short time because Early Access forever lul

I'm just using this time to troll comp and learn more mains.

>Notice sonar arrow land in the wall right in front of my face as I'm about to turn a corner
>Precede to wait and look at other routes
>Shout at the retarded Zen I was with not to peak like an idiot
>Can practically feel the Hanzo's anguish at no easy kills
>Watch him pathetically try and shoot a scattuh only for it to do 30 damage
>Run and jump towards the open, only to intentionally land short
>Arrow flies towards where my head would have been
It's the little things

>mercy player have only played mercy this season
>team sees this and starts to bitch at it
>say i'll change if they run dive
>they pick dive so i pick lucio
>one push later they all give up and switch
>literally threw the game just to spite me and 'mess up my stats'

the mercy main meme has gone to fucking far

>pick attack bastion
>team goes rhino, monkey and dva and all pile ontop of me protecting me from everything
>win

This game is ez.

>Yeah, how heroes are released matters. It matters what the hero is, it matters how you announce it, it matters how long it takes before people can play the hero, it matters how long it takes for the hero to go live, all of that matters.
Why the fuck would that matter to anyone?
>WHAT? I have to wait for two weeks til' I play this hero? That's it!
This is not happening and never will. Explain to me in detail why can't they go outta nowhere in November and say that new hero is this and that and you can play him today?
Or why they will hold for a month after annouce and you can't play until that?
>Sombra ARG was a fuckup because they put out an ARG
What the fuck does that even mean?

Maybe you shouldn't have hopped on the Mercy train for easy climbing you bandwagoning fuck.

>be me
>be female gamer
>be Mercy main
>already have 3 accounts in top 500

Feels good to live the good life. ^^

I want sexy beach skins for Symmetra, Sombra, Mei, and McCree!

Hanzo was hated for like 3 seasons, its just the general community being complete morons and memeing something they heard on reddit

>plz switch off mercy this isn't working
>switch to lucio
>plz go ana, we don't have enough healing

They still think theres a single team comp that can win.

Well then the game is not dying, now is it?
PUBG is just casual DayZ, in a year no one will remeber it, just like RS: Siege.

Multiple people have already shown you proof and it would honestly be better if the game did die cause it can only get more bloated from here on out
>too many heroes to keep balancing correctly
>too many good goy boxes and skins
>too many shit game modes and maps
and so on
of course the game wont be Battleborn tier dead but it will basically be TF2 walking corpse tier which is sad for a game that came out last year, and it will still have the same autist who wasted too much money on boxes returning for the same events to waste some more so Blizz wont care if majority leave

>Play Mystery Heroes
>Get Hanzo
>Have less than 20 minutes of experience with Hanzo
>All I do is shoot the sonic arrow at chokes and fire scatter arrow into hallways or at people's feet
>Get ult twice and shoot it at the payload or chokes
>People say I'm the best Hanzo they've seen

Is this really it?

I hate mercymains, but I've never heard anyone tell a mercy main to swap off. Why would you want someone who plays mercy to try to play any other character?

If this game dies it will be because Blizzard killed it with their slow as shit content updates and bottlenecking lore. Maybe it'll be like HotS where the game is a complete joke and then they relaunch it and it's actually good, with them having learned their lesson and put a proper devteam in charge that's actually active and seems to give a shit about the state of the community and the game.

A man can dream.

It's piss easy aim is only 20% of what he does

Meh I spent a long time learning this game, practicing heroes, purchasing alt accounts to practice different roles in comp, climbing up into high diamond.

Then I found the end of the tunnel, the end of the grind, and there was nothing. This game at its foundation has little depth, will always turn into a stale meta. There is no variety, even if there was no meta every hero just goes through their routine over and over. Many other games a hero has multiple ways to be played. Not in Overwatch.

I've been playing since beta and couldn't give two fucks about lore

sym and Phara need nerds tho

Because people are retarded. Theres nothing wrong with onetricks, and telling them to switch off is dumb. Its people just trying to place blame on others.
>Oh we have a torb on attack
>mercy one tricks are bad
>I have gold medals, my team is bad
Its just excuse after excuse.

I don't care about lore but other people do, and it wouldn't hurt the game to actually have some of the lore they keep wanking about in the game. It would be nice to have some permanent PvE content with story in it, if anything just to flesh out the game, give context to the characters, and give you something to do besides play Shitters vs. Shitters until your face turns blue.

This is the most retarded shit I've read today.
>too many heroes to keep balancing correctly
Geez, DOtA sure is suffering from the same problem.
>too many good goy boxes and skins
Skins are for making your characters look more flashy, enlight me how this is killing the game.
>too many shit game modes and maps
CS been running on 5 maps that everyone played on at best for how many years now? Dead gaem as well, I bet.
If you are retarded enough to buy something you are getting for free, the you are one hell of an autist
Get the fuck outta here or bring me better arguments.

>spent a long time learning this game
>practicing heroes, purchasing alt accounts
>Then I found the end of the tunnel, the end of the grind, and there was nothing.

Not to diss you, but why did it take you so long (and multiple accounts even) to understand that? Personally, I felt this game doesn't have too much depth, just after about two months of play... And there's definitely no point in "grinding", unless you mean for boxes/skins, but that's ultimately pointless too.

>Everyone decides to throw
>Still win the match
>Next game
>One of our DPS keeps dropping in and out
>Essentially 5v6
>We still win
this is weird

>debate me nerds
>nuh uh, doesn't count, gtfo lol look at my reaction image

You pretty much "argue" like a retard.

So which toon is secretly evil/secretly good? Sym and Sombra don't count.

I miss the theories that Ziegler was obsessed with developing resurrection technology which is why she "created" Genji, but wasn't satisfied with how he had to be a cyborg. This is why after the Switzerland fight Morrison had actually killed Reyes and she used the chance to experiment on him, though she wasn't ready and ended up just giving him his wraith and life sucking powers as well as sentencing him to permanent agony. This was all drawn from a couple voice interactions reaper and Mercy had but were removed. Still though, the line "Overwatch was shut down for a reason, maybe it's best it stay that way" implies she might have some ulterior motive, like doing something bad that ultimately ends conflict and saves more lives than it ends.

Recently some people pointed out how Zenyatta's lines "I welcome adversity" and "pain is an excellent teacher" are similar to Doomfist's philosophy, indicating that he could be a Talon mastermind, especially now that we know they don't mind high ranking omnics (Maximilian).

The only characters that are particularly loyal to their countries are Zarya and Hana and it's possible they could be pawns in an evil scheme, especially Zarya, as Russia lead by Volskaya could try to do something along the lines of destroying all omnics.

Junkrat's treasure might have been something/someone that gave him a "greater good" mission that actually saves the day in some way.

>toon

How does one increase depth in Overwatch?

>someone switches off orisa to bastion, 0 tanks on team
>another asks if we're just throwing the game for a quick loss now
>toxic insults for a solid minute
>bastion still wrecks the enemy team getting 4 kills
>Mercy kills another, and the widow dinks the last
>we win and the other team is speechless
Toxicity is the reason for 85% of losses. Skill counters it though.

>This was all drawn from a couple voice interactions reaper and Mercy had but were removed.

What were they? Also

>toon

>We're getting rolled (WP:G)
>Team starts passing blame, arguing
>We manage to save the defense
>And stomp on attack while everyone is arguing
>Literally nonstop, even when we were all doing well

That was the angriest victory I've ever been a part of. Usually the opposite happens.

us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758356169

“Play nice; play fair” is one of Blizzard's core values. It’s something we took to heart in creating Overwatch and remains a priority as we continue to support the game and our players. This not only applies to the new content we develop and the balance changes we make, but also to the features we add or improve upon over time.

We believe that our in-game reporting and player penalty system is one of our most important features, and it’s something we want to invest in significantly over the next year. To this end, effective immediately, we will be issuing increased penalties to players in response to verified reports of bad behavior. In Overwatch, that means anything from abusive chat, harassment, in-game spam, match inactivity (being intentionally AFK), and griefing. If you see someone engaging in any of these types of behaviors, report them. Players in violation will be silenced, suspended, or even banned from the game as a result.

We know that making Overwatch a truly welcoming environment is an ongoing process, and this is only the first step. Over the next several months, we have plans to make additional improvements based on your feedback, including scaling competitive season bans, a notification system that will alert you when a player you’ve reported is actioned, and functionality that will allow us to more aggressively penalize players who attempt to abuse the in-game reporting tool.

We also remain committed to bringing a reporting system to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. As console players ourselves, we know it’s been frustrating to not have this functionality on your platform. We are actively working on the feature and have many elements of undergoing internal testing right now. Our goal is to implement similar reporting options as are currently available on PC, and any improvements made to PC between now and when it’s available.

Mercy one-tricks ARE bad, which is why you don't want them playing something that isn't piss easy. Every time I get a mercy main on my team was diamond or below S3 I get the urge to throw.

Torb/junkrat/sym one-tricks are fucking obnoxious, since they could probably just play a useful character when it isn't working and give you a better chance of winning, but they have to be super special snowflake one-tricks.

Haven't heard anyone mention medals unironically in-game in a long time.

By grind I mean playing comp, it feels like a grind for the most part.

I'm not sure if it took me too long to realize the game has little depth or not. My loss of interest in the game occurred only a month before the current trend with streamers leaving, and multiple player leaving threads on the official forums.

exactly

i picked Lucio who i've played less than an hour on and still walked out with silver elims and gold healing

idk why its such a meme to hate on us, i just like playing Mercy.

One of them was
>"What have you become?"
>"You tell me, doc."
I don't remember the other, but Reaper says
>"You're the one responsible for this."

none of the shit you said is a argument, just stating the obvious and saying ''B-but DOTA but CS gtfo lol'' as if theyre relevant to OW

The first interaction is still in the game.

>Guys, there are too much heroes in this game, nevermind the other games pls, also skins are bad and I don't like some maps
>What do you mean these are not the reasons for a game to die?
>y-y-y-you are just nerd!
Ok, buddy.

These two are soon to be canon former lovers. And you... do support that right?

What the fuck are you supposed to do when Sym and Torb get armor and shield up

Sounds like you're supporting my argument
>Every time I get a mercy main on my team was diamond or below S3 I get the urge to throw.
Your shit attitude and toxicity are the reasons you lost.

Yeah, sure.

I think that you're looking too deep into these things.

Like the Zenyatta thing. We know from things Zen says that he and the rest of the Shambali had a falling out, and he was forced to leave. Could part of that be because his values were more like Doomfist's than Mondatta's? Zenyatta isn't a Talon mastermind, he just believes what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, which is a common belief. But he isn't full Darwinist Rules of Nature like Doomfuck. It would be interesting if at some point Zenyatta or that Omnic Talon guy talked about this, but I doubt it because OW team is dumb.

I don't think Mercy is "secretly evil." More like she was misguided and made a big fuck up. Like Sym.

Volskaya is in league with Omnics and she doesn't seem like she wants to betray them. Honestly who knows, but working for a shady person doesn't necessarily make one evil. Zarya seems to be quite the moral person and is as far as she knows just helping out a friend/important national figure.

There is very obviously a redemption angle going for Junkrat, Sym, Widow, and Hanzo. None of those characters are evil except Widow and she doesn't really count since she's basically been mindraped.

The first one is there but that's not implying that Mercy's evil.

>"You're the one responsible for this."
That one isn't pointed at Mercy, he randomly spouts it when he gets a kill on anyone.

Mercy is 100% a secret evil character, or atleast driven to some pretty shady shit by her obession with saving lives.

Just go full retard and dive on them with half off-meta picks like Junkrat/Pharah, Zarya, Reaper, or Hanzo

Throw dva ulti into sym generator

it gets great gay porn so im up for it.

You probably don't want to hear it but practice. Go into a custom match, make it a skirmish with 1 bot, and just wallride like the floor is lava. You gotta believe!