/mg/ - Miata General

Respect authority edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o-5qfOg_hZE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

two BLACK hardtops w/defrosters went up for sale. 1 for $1300 and another for $850

I missed out on both of them, funny enough they both went up for sale when I have my car up for sale. If I end up buying a hardtop I'd probably keep the car.

Im thinking about just taking down the ad and relisting in the spring if anything.

Where you at I got a hard top for sale in Vegas

lel Im in Connecticut dude. What color is it and the condition of it? if you price it right it'll sell quick

Is black and damn near perfect

post it on FB Miata groups, trust me. shit will sell quick $$$$$$$

Okie dokie

jesus christ the fuck is with america and your hardtop prices
i can get a hardtop for 400$

where do you live?

also

>jesus christ the fuck is with america and your hardtop prices

Two reasons - SPEC Miata and diminishing supply for continuously popular car. Basic supply and demand.

Got mine with hardtop for $3750. Seller wanted 45. Said i was the only one to come look at the car who wasnt a teenage swag stancefag. Super clean inside and out.

Little does he know, i post and put the car sideways daily.

Anyone know where to get these all the ig guys are secretive about them for some reason

Y does porchuh wanna look like miat?

not this user, but i just bought my color-matched hardtop with rear window heating for $500 in Poland. Used one, but in perfect condition.

noice
czech hir
post your car

I think I found a decent montego blue but it looks like the paint is pretty worn out. Could someone tell if its just the clear coat or if there would need to be more work done to the paint.

Looks like it's just the clear, mine has the same problem albeit only on the windshield frame and the bit of trim between the trunk lid and the rain rail.

I just realized that my exhaust is leaking. This connection that ties together muffler and pipe is broken, and air is just blowing out through the side. I'm going on the track in two days, should i hurry and try to nigger-rig some kind of fix, or is it alright for the engine to keep my mighty quasi straight pipe roar for a bit longer?

I've just ordered the hardtop, but haven't got it yet. Standard dark green miata nb, i don't even have any respectable photos to show so far. I'll make sure to shoot some when i finally get it.

God i love this car, one week with it and i already feel like i can handle it flawlessly. LSD is amazing thing to have.

Looking to into """""sports"""" cars (2 or 2+2 seater) as a daily on a budget and a Miata is close to the top of the list. I've seen a few in my area for around $3k. Is there anything I should look out for, or any alternatives to check out first?

e36. it's difficult to find one in good condition, but when you do, it's a cool car to have (plus definitely more practical than miata). 318is is nice, 325 is even nicer (320 combines 4cyl lack of power and 6cyl fuel consumption so it might not be the wisest choice). Compact might be easier to find than coupe, and people prefer compacts for amateur rally because it's a bit lighter (50kg?).

that being said, miata is amazing choice. as long as you're willing to accept the limitations, it's a car that's pretty much designed to be fun. Can't do much better than that.

Guys do 1.8 NBs have bigger brakes than 1.6? I have an 1.6 and one of my calipers is leaking so I was thinking of upgrading the brakes but I don't know what is a good upgrade. I find my stock brakes quite good. We drove downhill on some serpentine roads and new Meganes and Cupras reported brake fade and their brakes were VERY hot but my brakes felt good all the way. So I'm thinking I don't really need an upgrade?

Sweet. Which is easier to turbo-meme?

Yes, it's a larger disc.

so basically when the disks are up for replacement I can just buy larger ones? or do I need to change calipers too?

doing a secret santa, friend i got has a miata
what are some cool

A dildo

is there anything wrong for a young adult to get a miata rf for a first car?

so I tried doing a 5k rpm burnout but there was a FUCK TON of wheel hop. wtf, is something broken?

Your shocks are probably shot.

>spec miata
All I wanted was a crystal blue defroster HT to match my NB, but like five exist in the whole fucking country. One I know of is owned by one fast bastard of an old fart (he's cool, though, and his wife is an awesome lady). The other four are either on SM cars or have been rekt on SM cars.

>Your shocks are probably shot.

Don't despair. They're cheap for stock stuff, and even good coilovers aren't expensive.

Where are you at anyway? Midwest anywhere? I have a set of Tokico adjustables and springs from FM that are still serviceable.

Florida lmaoo

Where in FL? Panhandle? Also, look up Treasure Coast Miata. Might score you a deal there.

I've seen those before, too. Not sure why almost every Miata owner on IG is such a faggot when asked about their parts.

Not a real Miata, but posting anyway.

Ordered some exhaust mods for the 124 for Xmas.

This will be the new exhaust note come the new year:

youtube.com/watch?v=o-5qfOg_hZE

that doesn't even sound like a 4 cylinder. wtf, does it have unequal length headers?

>God i love this car, one week with it and i already feel like i can handle it flawlessly.

visit our yearly club meeting and you'll realize you're far from it
we actually have some guys from poland every year
just keep in mind we don't fuck around, this year one guy from up rolling over lol, he was from poland actually
dumbass deserved it for picking too narrow tires for his fake wheels

Go to an exhaust shop and have them weld up the hole(s). It'll get you by for reasonably cheap. Also,
is on the money. They handle pretty great out of the box, but once you get sticky tires at 205 or bigger section width minimum (for NA/NB), like RE-71Rs for example, then you start to figure out how capable these things can be. Once you toss a couple grand at suspension, mild fender rolls and get 225s or 235s stuffed in there - or if you're fucking looney-tunes mad get 255s - then you realize that being able to fucking stick at whatever speed you like is highly addictive. Add a turbo or supercharger and now you're in for lots of money and an absurd amount of fun.

>fake wheels are bad
No?
Some fake wheels can be bad, but just the fact they aren't real doesn't instantly mean they are bad.

yeah, i know that i can fix it cheap (i think it won't even require welding, just some muffler paste and new bolts). What i'm asking is if riding with broken muffler is bad for the car. Logically, it shouldn't be - but then again, i also thought that my 2-stroke muffler wasn't much a big deal, yet it was.

sure, i'm aware that i can't really drive it properly yet. i'm just praising user-friendliness of the car, i expected my first rwd to be a bit less obvious to use than this. I'll inspect the matter further tommorow on the track.
jesus christ almighty i'm so hyped

muh unique mass produced car

fuck off faggot

Make me dumb fuck

Where are you in Polska?
I'm in Krakow and have my green '00 NB with a matching hardtop. Love it to death.
Want to fix a ripped section of the driver's seat and detail it somewhere closer to spring.

Podlaskie.
>i also have dark green prelift mx-5 nb
>soon i'll also have hardtop
>i also have ripped bit of driver's seat

Who knows, maybe we'll meet on some kind of Słomczyn someday. Would be fun.

Would be fun. Stay strong, pan polak, and don't let her rust.

Thinkgeek sells giant googly eyes that fit the NA popup headlights perfectly.

good insta miata pages?

those tailights kinda wanna make me kms famioli

jesus, the picture you posted is like a quintessence of going overboard

yeah

You will need to replace the calipers too (bigger disk means the caliper bracket is different), but that's it.

Hairdryer

exhaust header wrap. the only $10 mod that actually works, delivering up to ground-breaking single extra horsepower. plus it makes your engine look a bit more serious

this
black is the universal donor hardtop color, it looks good on any car color

Oil weight for a NA miata? I've read 5w30, opinions?

>Treasure Coast Miata.
>Might score you a deal there.

lol

fuck wes

@me

i havent taken any pics in a while though.

anywhere from 5w-30 to 15w-50 is okay lmao

these engines don't actually give a shit

just adjust oil weight depending on your lifter tick

>fuck wes
Story? You got beef, I want to know since I end up making recommendations to friends and acquaintances and Random Internet People with some regularity.

Ayy here is my shitbox. I bought it with the hardtop. Paid wayy too much for it but it has been totally reliable for almost 3 years now.

Rotella t6 cured my tick. Only does it when it needs an oil change.

White and merlot are my favorite colors on the NA, closely followed by BRG. Nice lil machine m8.

I feel like I'm getting cucked into buying a brand new hardtop from Mazda since my 13 is so new.

I'm loving the soft top life since my NB was hardtopped, but I miss the sleek profile. Are any of the aftermarket options worth a damn?

I know carbon miata or some company has a fastback for the NC but someone here told me it rattles at high speeds

Same as a floridanon

My brand new Angery Miats.

Will do a better photo session later.

Am really fucking loving it.

they aren't angery they just look slightly evil and devious

You're right though. Angery was just the first thing that came to mind when I first saw it.

>single fang
hnngh

took my new shiny ND club with the fixins' to the track for the first time.

I have never driven "fast" in my life. im going to go broke going back every two weeks. help. im addicted.

traction control had to bail me out twice though. next time ima try to go the whole day time attacking without tripping it

looks more like an angry fish
the fuck was mazda thinking

i took my new nb on the track
i wonder if smile on my face is now permanent, or will it fade away after couple days

i also tried some kind of drifting, even though i have no idea how to do it right. first rwd car, riding it for something around a week

god i'm happy

Which track?

small polish one, more of small learning-oriented field than a "proper" track really. Tor Wschodzący Białystok, it's around 1km long.

It also costs around 20 yuro for 2h, which makes me incredibly happy.

>angry
>blatantly has a smile

Do the NA6 and NA8 use the same drive shaft?

Nice, start slowly.

For drift training, you can easly initiate a drift at low km/h by a load change, steer left, steer right and floor it. This will help you to train at low speed.

uh new to cars. but for the nd miata whats the difference between club/sport/grand touring?

halp

i got my nb hardtop, everything is nice except i don't have pic related bolt head on my miata. what i have here is raw bolt thing, it looks like normal bolt without any head. should i look for some kind of special bolt part, or will i be fine trying to mount it using generic nut?

authority can lick my balls

I'm looking at a 2014 Miata but it's a flood salvage. Am I out of my mind? It's $11k

It's called a "Frankenstein Bolt." You definitely want them.

Yes.

/mg/ when i make sharp turns left or right i scrape and lose momentum. Previous owner said lowering springs are on the front. Ps is on the way out too but im going to depower the rack and retain ac. Would this cause this or did i get cucked?

Miata owners should be deported

Muh masculunity

Alright, thanks, found two of those frankenstein bolts thing in my range for some ridiculous price. Just to make sure: this bolt thing i have right now is useless and should be un-screwable? It holds on really tight, i can't do anything with pliers, i think i need to cut it through and then use flat screwdriver if i want to move it.

...The hell? That's supposed to have been a phillips-headed bolt.

Maybe someone broke heads of those frankenstein things off? Two screws look pretty much the same, so i really doubt that's the case.

Well, anyway: there is no way that those screws should be here in this form? Should i continue trying to unscrew them?

Gotta compete with Toyota's angry salmon.

Sport: 5 speed, cloth seats, open differential, smaller thinner wheels/tires, normal brakes, normal suspension.

This is what you buy if you're a racing team to gut, and put your own parts in.

Club: 6 speed, Cloth seats, Limited Slip Diff, Koni yellow shocks, bigger brakes by brembo(????), bigger, wider wheels

This is the minimum spec i would buy just because it's the best setup out of the box for being lightweight and fun to drive on the streets with the stiffer suspension and better wheels and brakes, and the limited slip will let you do skids and not hate yourself in the snow. This still has the same interior as t he sport though, with not much in the way of creature comforts

Grand Touring: All of the above, leather seats, bose sound system, the technology like back up cams, lane departure, and all that bullshit. This is the fully loaded, most comfy version but it will be a little heavier than the others.

Personally, I would choose between the Club and the GT, bc the Sport isn't worth it till the car is ten years old. My 13 is a Club edition and I don't really miss leather or heated seats. Mind you, I live in Florida.

it looks like the dumbass who owned it before you ripped the heads off the frankenstein bolts trying to remove them. Heat those posts, and remove them. Get new frankenstein bolts from Mazda or Ebay, a set of two should be 35 dollars, which really isn't that ridiculous to keep your hardtop from flying off over a bump and shattering on the ground behind you. If you decide not to get them, make sure you post the pictures here of your broken top so we can have a giggle at your expense.

>If you decide not to get them, make sure you post the pictures here of your broken top so we can have a giggle at your expense.
sorry, not happening, i already ordered it. Costs me 150 pln, which makes around 42 dollars (rather large sum for two bolts). I hoped someone who owned the car before me did something like using headless bolts to bolt-on the top in place, supposedly bolting hardtop is something some people do (with some mods in roof itself though), but yeah - this headless bolt is definitely too short to work like that.

Heating sounds like great idea, i'd rather not use metal saw (to cut a hole for flat screwdriver) around my beloved new toy. Thanks.

Yeah, those frankenstein bolts are for the hardtop to be held in place, the rear latches go over them and then slide forward to be held by the rubber. Nothing actually gets screwed in besides the bolt itself. You won't regret spending that 42 dollars, it's nothing compared to the security of your top, plus it stops rattling.

If you want to permanently install your top, check out the garage star hardtop brackets. There's another brand that I find better though I cannot remember the name of it, which is amusing because I bought those for my old NB. Hardtops are normally bolted in through replacing the front latches, and the side latches on the inside of the top. The side ones normally require you to remove the soft top so you can bolt the hardtop to the chassis in its place.

pln is not a currency it's a group of faggot liberals from Nicaragua

I heard the manual club only received the tune/brakes/suspension

idk if the grand touring got the same package

I think all manual cars above the sport trim received those things after the last NC facelift, and then carried over to the ND. I'm not 100% sure, but I would buy the Club, which I did.