Actually good first cars in the UK

Are there any good cheap rear wheel drive cars I can pick up that don't have huge drawbacks, the miatas great and all, but its slower than swimming in molasses, and the MR2 just gets you killed.
Are there any other options, I don't even care about aesthetics anymore, I just want something anything fun, quick and rear wheel drive that won't break the bank or won't itself break down.
I say rear wheel drive cause I'd rather not drive a car than go for something like a civic.

>paying thousands of your worthless junk currency a month to insure some rusted japscrap

BMWs. Or buy American. Also, the KE70 and old japs are most of the time RWD.

Also. Stop being dumb and eating up the MR2 snap oversteer meme. Only happens to dumbasses and even so it was fixed by Toyota. I believe it was after the first generation SW20 MR2

>nip metal
>bong weather
abort, get a peugeot 206 like every other chav and call it a day

it's another "please validate my bad decision I've already made for a first car" thread

just buy your civic and get it over with

and stop being dumb and eating up the miata slow meme
for british roads it's more than enough

3k Civic is just a meme bro

Well for a start it's an mx5 here. Miata is an Americanism.
Is this really your first car? As you are falling for Veeky Forums memes about slow/deathtraps.. And you have what.. Only driven the instructors Fiesta? Do you have your licence yet?
Something like an e36 318i would be great to be honest.

P71

Cheap, reliable, and fast

Pick two

In Bongland for a first car, you just pick the first two. You aren't getting the third without paying more for insurance than the car is worth. I paid £1700 for my first year, 59hp cuckbox, living on the outskirts of London in a white low crime area with off-street parking. It's still the lowest of anyone I know.

Have you actually checked youre insurance on these? I doubt you'll have the money for it, they WILL RAPE YOU.

I paid £1700 for a 1.2 ford fiesta when I was 18. Buy something shit, and in a few years your insurance will drop and you can get something decent.

You're looking at two cheap economy cars that have 4 cylinder engines what do you expect?

volvo estate 1.6l petrol for low insurance. drive it for two years then buy a porsche cayman with the money you saved not being an idiot trying to insure a ""fast"""(slow) car

mr2 spyder (relatively fast compared to other "first cars")

about as fast as a miata

me, the post. Except with more ranting about the faggot ass 90s name "miata" and "Muh Roadster/MX5 name in rest of world" shit

And a shit ton faster than the garbage 1.0 hatchback op cant even afford. You can't say it's slow when anything you can actually afford to insure op, also SW20 as a first car is retarded and has never been an option for you op you raging faggot. Go buy a corsa.

Considered a Bedford Rascal??

Just buy a corsa or something, learn to drive and let your no-claims build up for a couple of years. Buying a quick car off the bat as soon as you've passed your test is a recipe for disaster.

ford capri, they can be somewhat expensive but the insurance is cheaper than a mx-5 (for me at least).

top gear already did the testing.
it's a volvo station wagon.

You know insurance in the UK is hundreds of pounds a year not thousands a month. It's cheaper than the USA.

A Ford Granada, or Vauxhall Senator will both set you back next to nothing and cost peanuts to insure as they don't have reputations for anyone but Mr Beige from Dullchester on sea.

thinking of getting one of these to tour around europe in, a la max and paddy, is this a good idea?

>MR2 just gets you killed.
if youre scared of a 20 year old toyota that barely breaks 200hp in top trim you should stick to a bus

marginally faster than an NB

some guy near me has two of these, one regular.
The other is a bambi.

Absolutely false.

if it's your first car, rwd and you're under 25, you're going to have a bad time.

depends. as much as the "bongs can only afford to drive 0.9l diesels" meme is pushed on here, every now and then some burger posts about how he has to pay $300+ per month to insure some shitbox. but then another will post about how he can insure a fleet of cars for $300 per year, so i dunno.

you can't deny that new drivers have it pretty bad on this side of the pond when it comes to insurance. i got off relatively lightly at ~£950 for my first year.

I bought a manual mk3 supra with a turbo for 2k, it's needed about 600 pounds to fix some stuff up but i did all the work myself.

I'm debating whether to keep it for life as it's my first car and it's pretty cool and fix it up, or sell it in a few months when I come into some money and buy something I've lusted after watching video option and hot version, like an FC3S, GX81, JZX100 or S13

3k turbo kit on Miata

why isn't this an mr2 spyder

it's a bit faster than NAs and NBs, especially if you were launching the two cars. rear-weight bias and a slightly better power to weight ratio makes more of a difference than you might think

Grow up, you've clearly spent too much time on Veeky Forums.

Age and insurance price? Either you are old or paying through the nose

21, 2.5k

Cool car but God dam that's expensive

rear weight bias helps only if your can can break traction which is not possible in an engine so weak and torqueless unless you have shit tiers

and jesus fuck, you mr2 fags are so obsessed with the miatas, doesn't matter if one is minimaly faster than the other if it's still so fucking slow

The E36 is mostly likely your best bet.
The 318i for medium performance and decent reliability.
323 and 325i for a comically fast, cheap car but with some slight issues.
But the M50 and the M52 engines are generally hailed as bombproof engines. They may still leak oil every now and then and they must not be revved hard on cold starts, give the engine some time to warm up. Also, consider them taxes on the 2.5 litre engines.

But if you want fun for pennies, it's hard to beat the E36 atm.

If you don't want a black box you basically have to get a shitbox, with black box your options are much better.
Of course you could get a shitbox with a black box and build up some no claims and shit and then insure something you actually want after 2 or 3 years

I pay £600 a year for a 12 cylinder 6L petrol, I'm not old but do have a few years of NCB.

Less than 400 freedom pounds a year for a BRZ with a supercharger, under 25, outside Manchester.

26, £80 a year for a 1969 VW Karmann Ghia. Get on my level.

Because they're even easier to control than the SW20.

Very nice, I take it that limited milage, second car, classic policy? I'm 22, £800 for an mx5 with a few simple mods, 3 NCB, and a claim