Focus ST

I'm in the market for a new car. I'd like to hear from the Focus ST owners out there.. what are the biggest problems with your cars? I'm considering 2013-2014, don't care too much for the looks of the 2015+

how's the MyFord Touch? any factory recalls? is it truly unbearable? do you ever want anything more out of your car? this would be my first stick-shift car, and the first "quick" thing i've owned. i've also been looking at a WRX of the same model year, but am cautious about the boxer layout. I feel like the ford would be a good car to start working/learning on.

currently driving a 2001 ford taurus. i know basic things such as oil change, brake change, tire rotation, plug change. let's hear it boys, and please post pics of your cars!!

Mines a '16 but I'll answer your questions.
Sync2 is garbage. My dad's mks has it and it's a chore to use. Sync 3 is awesome though.
Only recall that I'm aware of was for the hatch being able to open at low speeds.
Unbearable? Not sure what you mean.
I wish it came with the mp275 kit from the factory and that the interior was a bit less boring.
All and all it's a fun car that's easy to drive hard.

>unbearable
i was mainly talking about myford touch. i've read terrible reviews on it but that was really when the car was brand new. i figured by 2014 ford would at least released some patch updates or something to make it less awful.

was the ST3 the only focus that came with myford touch?

keep driving the taurus until you can buy something other than a shitty economy car.

i've owned the taurus for 6 years, it's miserable to drive and is getting old. what would you suggest instead of an ST?

Owner reporting in.

The sync doesnt have a way to connect to hidden WiFi networks like my home 5ghz.

I get random 1/4 -1/2 seconds skips in songs while using bluetooth. Dealership says its my phone, Ive tried it with 3 different phones. Also the bass maxes out at a relatively low level due to some hearing conservation thing. A dealer can unlock it but most dealers dont know how.

The recarro seats are too deep for anyone but a perfect mannequin. Slightly larger people get squished and thin people fall into them. Also the seats are kinda stiff, not very comfy for long drives.

A shitty economy car is the Fiesta. The Focus is actually a good deal.

oh piss off the FiST is light years ahead of the FoST. Unless youre talking about none ST versions then you are 100% correct.

The Fiesta ST is actually a much better sports car than the Focus ST. Pretty funny.

Light is the key word... Check out how much important metal was removed and how many more plastic parts are on the Fiestas. Fiestas "meet safety standards". They are essentialy the same car but Ford cuts corners on the Fiesta to make it more affordable.

OP here. i just think the fiesta looks weird as a 5-door. if we got the 3-door like europe then i'd probably consider it

So? I don't give a Fuck as long as the car is fun to drive which it is, much more than the FoST also
>giving a shit about safety standards
go home middle aged mother of 5

Do yourself a favor and get a MK7 GTI. Better modding ceiling and MUCH nicer interior. Bigger turdo, better grip, more robust engine. Stock blocks can handle 500~ wtq and 500+whp.
FoST feels more fun, but mods for mods the GTI is faster because 'muh torque'.

I agree with you man I love my FiST but a 3 door would be so much sexier and lighter too

Fiesta 197 hp
Focus 252 hp

Fiesta .072 hp per pound
Focus .077 hp per pound

Fiesta P205/40R17
Focus P235/40R18
More rubber to road = better handling and better HP transfer.

Fiesta 8.8 safety rating (one "marginal score")
Focus 9.7 safety rating

Tell me again how the Fiesta is better?

And this is where idiots live. Safety does matter when you are talking about sports cars because a wreck isnt a "if" its a "when".

Sync 2 is a very annoying interface. I don't like it at all.
Sync 3 is a whole different system based on blackberrys os, and feels very natural to use, almost like a smartphone.

i used to be hot for the GTI but i think they look a little boring now desu. interior is definitely nicer though, i won't deny them of that... VAG just rubs me the wrong way i guess.

can you explain what you don't like about sync 2? i fear i won't be able to get a good grasp of the system on a single test drive.

and the benchracer has arrived. Literally read any review or shit go test drive them both and youll see the FiST is the more fun car. But make sure to make it back to your bus on time
whyare you here? shouldn't you be writing a blog about how sex and video games are corrupting the youth?

14 FoST owner
It's a slow system. Nav sucks, I basically don't use the screen ever because you have physical buttons for music and climate controls. I knew that going in, didn't buy the car for a good screen

Did you just list a "safety rating"?

Hurr muh small car moar fun.

Ur an retard git gud

>Only knows how a FiST drives because of reviews
>Calls other people busrider

K bud. The fiesta is a great car. The focus is still faster and better put together. Fiesta is cheaper. OP won't regret either, just whatever suits them better

Not a bench racer. Focus ST owner who test drove both multiple times and prior track racer. If you want a "fun" car that blows both of these out of the water. 2005 Lotus Elise ~$25K.

>more fun car
So descriptive. Whats more fun about it? The Focus out preforms the Fiesta in every category except your personal opinion.

D- for effort, here's your (You)

The difference of a 1/3 in support bar vs no support bar is the difference between having a smashed bumper vs someones radiator in your lap.

nigga I own a FiST
Okay bud. OP wants a focus anyway I just came in to throw my .02 about the FiST, I test drove both and it was just a lot more fun to throw around plus cheaper and didnt come with the homo stigma (not that it matters)

>I own a FiST
Judging by the amount of butt hurt....it must be the one in the pic.

Not a fist but C for effort, where's your car bud?

>Better handling
lmao

Bascly what said.
It's a slow, clunky system. touch buttons are kinda small too so its hard to go from say sirius to bluetooth or usb if you're focused on the road. Fuck around with it, you'll see what i mean.

Currently in Augusta. I had to drive my mini cooper s to Tampa for holiday with family.
450 miles in a Focus ST is a little rough. Im getting old.

I know the feeling, I drove that far in the FiST and recaros are extremely uncomfy after a little while.