/gwt/ - Gwent: The Witcher Card Game General

A storm is coming, let's enjoy the weather while we still can

>Patch Notes
playgwent.com/en/news#6410

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/

>What Legendary/Epic card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>Gwent Faction Videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU38xdPjmayBOHQ7q7V7O4LVK5HilH-FK

>All Character Voicelines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630-list-of-all-gwent-character-voice-lines

>Leaked Campaign
vid.me/gwent_campaign/albums

old

Other urls found in this thread:

gwentdb.com/decks/26434-scorch-control-4-3k-mmr-guide-stats
gwentdb.com/decks/26443-top-50-4-4k-mmr-radovid-control-guide
gwentdb.com/decks/25354-vaysh-tgo-top-16-eithne
imgur.com/YZv8pbX
imgur.com/9qokSWk
imgur.com/AP23gco
reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/6pmk5s/new_cards_in_china_joy/
reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/6pmmu3/new_cards_from_chinajoy_and_translations/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to enable the auto-mute function to more easily dehumanize your opponents so that you can treat them like the receptacles for your seed and netdeck playing bots that they are.

mostly swinging around in casual with this for now
thoughts?

fucking ded gaem

Borkh doesn't fit. He could kill Cantarella in round 3, but you already have Menno for that. You also have a lot of cards dedicated to buffing your own units.

Haha you guys excited for that tournament haha :)

Only if it gives them an idea of what to nerf

So I was looking at the changes to Iorveth and Radovid and I was wondering: Is there any control decks worth a damn anymore? I've been playing reveal nilf but I've been getting bored. Trying to figure out what to play next but I don't really want to play monsters or some shit

>Is there any control decks worth a damn anymore?

Plenty. NG Borkh Dash, Mad Rad, Scorcha'tael.

>plays NG
>plays off-meta decks

Is Lady_Skye /ourgirlstreamer/?

Got any deck lists for these? I try googling them and get like a hundred different variations.

gwentdb.com/decks/26434-scorch-control-4-3k-mmr-guide-stats
gwentdb.com/decks/26443-top-50-4-4k-mmr-radovid-control-guide
gwentdb.com/decks/25354-vaysh-tgo-top-16-eithne

Remember to always play home brew decks and good game in casual to keep people from being dissatisfied and leaving the game.

Too late
I already left the game

Why are you here?

I only play netdecks so I can bully noobs with my 4k dick heh

Just to suffer

Maybe you should try other games if gwent isn't fun anymore. I personally enjoy fighting games, they're fun.

can anyone translate this shit?

imgur.com/YZv8pbX
imgur.com/9qokSWk
imgur.com/AP23gco

Neat.

so NG gets two new spies?
sweet

>Another NG unit on the ranged row

Hmmm what did they mean by this?

>Vesemir is a gold now

what the fuck? poor NR

reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/6pmk5s/new_cards_in_china_joy/

> gold
> 6 base strength

WAKE ME UP INSIDE

>Vesemir a gold
>Presumably Eskel and Lambert are removed as unique cards and are now hiding in Vesemir's golden rectum
>Since they're gold no longer can be deck-buffed by Dandy
>Since they're gold can no longer synergize with potions because if there's one thing you don't want it's witchers working with potions

UMA UMA UEMEMEMEUMEUEMEME

Poor Fucking Infantry is back so it's ok.

Dj Extra buffed to 1STR

>boost himself once for each disloyal unit in your hand
Doesnt sound bad, but it's fucking row-locked like all other NG units and will average in 10 points, basically making it a riskier Knight. Not to mention kindly telling your opponents the contents of your hand.
I wanted more spies, not more gimmicks

When does new patch comes out, because I sick and tired playing against the same three decks over and over again.

You want to play different 3 decks over and over again?

not the guy you replied to but yes. we need to freshen up the game. the best time to play is after a patch before a new meta surfaces

It will be less and less time each patch before new meta gets established, as player acquire near complete collections of cards and making new OP deck becomes matter of merely visiting GwentDB

CDPR made a mistake for milling nerfed cards for full value while being really generous with kegs.

> making new OP deck becomes matter of merely visiting GwentDB

the reason it takes time for a new meta to emerge is because people can't tell what's OP in the first few days after a patch, no one knows what faction to play and what faction counters the king of the meta faction

>tfw the first week after patch is the most fun
>people are just trying different decks and crazy but unreliable combos
>2nd week someone figured out the strongest deck
>swim and other gaylords let everyone know
>its only this deck from now on or a slightly different version till next patch
>repeat

CDPR made mistake for starting to accept money for unfinished game, without SP and draft modes. So casuals already quit and game has boring "solved" feel to it. And they can't even make server wipe now.

Except they always spoil the changes, so lifecucks can theorycraft decks days before the actual patch. Then they showcase it on streams and everyone picks that deck next day,

Bruh I play all sorts of other games, I'm just sticking around since I know new stuff is around the corner

Meteorite Ore or whatever the fuck just turns cards into movie ones right?

people though weather would be dead because of how hard it's effects got nerfed yet dagon is king of the meta now, these theoretical decks ain't shit. also most people wouldn't even know how to play their new deck for the first few days

yes

>he thinks weather are good on their own
3k mmr players boys.

i didn't say weather is good on it's own, people still though dagon would be dead. stop taking things out of context

Dagon is only alive cause of foglets. Right now he is strong, IF played with fog AND IF you have foglets.
Nerf foglets, and suddenly, Dagon is worse than Emhyr.
It's like celeno harpy. Dagon is not the problem, the foglets are.

If I've learned anything from hearthstone it's that streamers have no fucking idea how the next meta will look like. I still remember all these "experts" shitting on Webspinner and Mad Scientist saying they are the worst cards in the game and would never see serious play.

care to wager he'd still be a top leader even after they nerf foglets?

>gold Vesemir

The end is near, monsterfags

lmao, petrisalt banning people who criticize him again.

I'm already saying that Dagon is a shit leader if not played with fog and foglets.
I dunno if he will still be played, depends on the nerf on foglets. If its something like they are nerfed to 1 str they will still be good. If its something like they can't resurrect, Dagon would still be played, but the deck will be dead.
Dagon is king of monster's leaders because he is a 14 tempo play + 3 cards deck thin.
If foglets become shit, everyone will switch to Eredin who is a 14 tempo play + 2 cards thin.

Dagon and Eredin are really close at the moment, they are basically played for the same thing. Except Dagon has more thin and foglets can be ressurected.
I am not the type of man who will predict the meta, but as a player monster, but as of right now, a single nerf to Dagon would make Eredin better, simply because Eredin is just a less good Dagon.

dagon used to be strong because he could kill the entire board with his weather, now he's strong because of foglets and trissbutt and in the next meta he'll become a control leader, something like monster eithne. leaders that can deploy effects cards will never die they always adapt as the use a core mechanic of the game

>wasting a gold slot for a former silver card

>completely outplayed the guy, winning first round with 25 carryover
>made him go down 2 cards before r3, and had 15 str carry over
>still lose cause REAVERS HENSELT are fucking broken

I hate this bullshit. Just save the reaver dude lmao and pull ~35 str out of you ass

Maybe. But honestly, being able to generate one bronze weather seems pretty weak, especially for control type.
I mean, compare Dagon to Caranthir, or Woodland Spirit.

hypothetical scenario for a control dagon deck:
> dagon kills your units with epidemic,scorch,weather and thunders
> then plays a caretaker and wins a round with your strongest unit

it's true he only deploys bronze weather but he can choose which bronze weather that is, frost works with imlerith for big swings, rain can hit up to 5 different targets at the same turn and fog can buff ancient foglets. he's very flexible

The Assassin looks pretty sick if there's actually a way to buff him
Ceallach gonna style on people next patch

of course you lose if you let him have his big finisher for round 3.
push him more in round 2 next time

true reaverfags play reavers from hand R2 and neneke + henselt them R3

he can't play his combo if you push him to the last card in r2

if he plays reavers from hand R2 it's unlikely you will mange to win that round

might be hard, yeah. but should have worked for win with carryover + your last card in r3

yeah in his specific case he could've pushed harder. usually it isn't an option though

It was weird shit with BB + machines

PFI IS BACK!!!!!

who leaks these things and how did he get accesses to the new cards?

China Joy Event

check in gwent reddit reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/6pmmu3/new_cards_from_chinajoy_and_translations/

JESUS CHRIST NEW CARDS
they are just for the story mode :^)

> dry spell for the last week, no noteworthy cards in kegs
> get around 40 scraps for each keg after i mill the spare common cards
> takes forever just to get a gold card that gets you a little bit closer to making a new deck

this season needs to fucking end already so we can cash out on the goddamned kegs

don't wast kegs, keep them until the new patch

i know i probably should but half of the fun in gwent is getting cards from kegs. hoarding is boring

Nah they're not, the Assassin got previewed in a dev stream and they wouldn't preview a single player card

RONVID OF THE SMALL MARSH IS ONE OF THE NEW CARDS!!!1!

Oh yeah, I still remember all the """pros""" saying Varian was going to dominate. Top kek

>no Nilfgaard avatars

?????????????????????

>my face when I accidentally killed him because I figured he'd surrender again

> did just that
> felt regret
> loaded previous save
> put more points into axii
> regretted it for the rest of the game as axii is shit and isn't necessary for anything

>Axii is shit

I mean, I dunno what the "meta" builds are but axii makes humans a joke and stunning golems over and over is how I fought them.

i only put point to the conversation relevant axii, wasn't talking about it as a combat ability although i doubt it's that good for combat

Convo one also makes it do different/better stuff in combat. Also uniquely affects some monsters. I dunno, I use it a lot, that and igni

here is the full list of voiced Cards that will be probably released next patch (kept the best pop-culture references in for you)

(i hope Toussaint and the Flaming Rose / Eternal Flame won't be only limited to the Campaign)

Adda
Aguara
An Craite Greatswords
Anna Henrietta
Artis
Artorius Vigo
Assasin
Ban Ard Tutor
Bandit
Bandit Archer
Brokilon Sentinels
Brokvar Marauder
Cedric
Chappelle
Cleric Of Flaming Rose
Demavend
Demon Cat
Demon Dog
Dettlaff Van Der Eretein
Dimun Corsair
Dimun Raider
Diviner
Dol Blathana Swordmaster
Doregaray
Drummond Warmonger
Dryad Grove Shaper
Dryad Ranger
Ducal Guard
Dwarf Pyrotechnician
Eist Tuirseach

Eternal Fire Inquisitor - Nobody Expects The Novigradish Inquisition

Falibor
Falibor's Archer
Farseer
Fauve
Filavandrel
Footmen Of The Flaming Rose
Fringilla Vigo
Fugas
Gedyneith Flaminica
Graden
Greater Brothers
Harald Houndsnout
Hattori
Havcaaren Medic
Havcaaren Support
Hemmelfart
Henry Var Attre
Heymaey Battle Cleric
Heymaey Protector
Hubert Rejk
Infiltrator
Jaques De Aldesberg
Josta
Jousting Champion
Kaedweni Knight
Knights Of The Flaming Rose

Lady Of The Lake - 'Watery Tart' I'll Show You…

Magne Cavarly Division
Mahakam Marauders
Masters Of Disguise
Menagerie Keeper
Menge
Milaen
Milton
Minor Shieldmaiden
Nauzicaa Cavalry Support
Nivellen
Orianna
Otkell
Otrygg An Hindar
Palmerin
Plague Maiden
Poisoner
Priest Of Eternal
Priest Of Svalblood
Rience
Ronvid Of Small Marsh
Sage
Scout Derran
Seltkirk
Shetroll
Shilard Fitz
Siren
Sirssa
Stregebor
Svalblood Cultist
Sylvia Anna
Tamara Strenger
Temerian Drummer
Tousaint Knight Errant
Tuirseach Veteran
Tyr

Usurper - I Shall Make Nilfgaard Great Again

Vereena
Vivienne
Vrihedd Infiltrator
Weaker Mutant
Witch Hunter Executioner
Witch Hunters
Witch Hunters
Xavier Moran

> adda
> anna henrietta
> detlaff
> knights of the flaming rose

anna needs to be a leader card
> captcha - mill sayer
like pottery!

why so few cards are leaked?

it could be very likely that she's a Leader, because we also have Demavend for Northern Realms, but from the looks of it, it'll be probably just a campaign leader

gwent is my first CCG so this campaign thing doesn't mean much to me. explain please

How the fuck does Pavetta make it into the game and Calanthe doesn't?

here

it's just single player content, think of those challenges in which you unlock the other faction leaders, but with a story that has something to do with the witcher games / books, and more than one battle of cause

but why would there be cards to campaign that won't be available for multiplayer?

Weren't they going to charge for the single player though? I'm interested what they decide to charge.

just to give the campaign its own flair, also the campaign cards have different balancing because you are not up against all factions, but only a selected few of them

giving cards a different balance for campaign is one thing, having cards only for singleplayer is a whole other thing

sorry can't give you much insight into this, i never played a CCG "campaign" myself

>yfw Usurper has Calveit's old ability

will calveit forgive him?

this time.

>eredin, eredin, dagon, dagon, dagon, CALVEIT, eredin, dagon, elder, dagon

my 10 last games

I'm fucking done

why is he so happy /gwt/ ?

because hes a legen, apparently

monsters removed