/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

>Patch 4.05 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/782e44043959ae82ead5c6745dac3297a0083b69

>Live Letter Q&A
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/337124-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXXVII-Q-A-Update-Thread

>Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/bFcDNb57

>Previously on /xivg/:

Should I find a way to get more time in this game or should I try black desert instead?

I like the game so far but I haven't played it enough to know its problems.

Is PVP decent?

>black desert

jesus why would you even do that to yourself

hi im a cat

I don't know how bad it is.
I heard it plays like a fighting game which sounds cool.

>user we don't want you as a SMN can you possibly level up Red....
How about you suck on a fucking sword

I'm going to go hunting with an elezen~!

same

>black desert
Try it for a week, then wonder why the fuck you wasted your time with it and come back here.

I jumped ship from BDO to FF14 after a month and I regret nothing.

pvp is alright for what it is, and what it is was an afterthought.

Whoever told you this is a retard.

I need user input:
>best bust size
>best muscle definition

Hello cat

unless you're highlander/roe then like 50-70/0

>Trying to get Aettir for Paladin glamour (the one true endgame)
>On the Crystal Sands/Umbrite stage

Umbrite isn't a problem but crystal sands is fuucking impossible to get holy shit. I blew through all my leves doing the treasure chest trick but I still need like 40 more. This shit is impossible because everything that this BITCH asks for is super obscure I JUST WABT MY GLAM GLAM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I mean, I didn't care for Black Desert but it costs like $10 and has no monthly fee so you're better off trying that one first.

Nice pic op :3

Is it cat posting hour yet?

You don't need to tell me that, but sometimes they're right about things so.

They must have gotten it confused for Blade and Soul.

Yes please I love your cat

>Are they that bad?
/xivg/ people are just not great friends. They do little beyond obsess over the current flavor of the month catgirl/lizard, and talk under a thick veil of irony that they use to blame when they act stupid and spiteful towards each other.
Nobody means what they say, and nobody says what they mean. It's either sickeningly sweet "girl(male) :3" talk or passive-aggressive shitflinging. It's tiring more than anything else.

I'll look around for a friendly FC and do my best to help people out.

is MCH still shit

>tfw no headpats

Apparently. A friend of mine hits on basically every female player he can, and apparently he met one of his exes in this game. I don't mind the guy as long as he never involves me in his romantic comedies.

You're different, now.

/patpat

yes but is pretty fun imo
Most people swapped to bard

I wouldn't mind your discord cutie

>Getting an answer to a gameplay question
>Here

lmao

no, seriously do you ever sleep.

>tfw no highlander gf

Black Desert is trash. Great combat engine hampered by horrible networking and design theory. The "crowning PvP" there was GvG zerging where you can't even recognize the spammed shit that goes off, getting floated from 20 miles away and CC chained to death, watching your combos desync time and again after you grab someone and it doesn't register despite grounding them. Horrible game. Horrible developer. Just one big malevolent Skinner box.

Though this doesn't have good PvP either. In fact it's even worse after Stormblood. At least before they slashed skills I could have recommended it as a diversion.

Just play WoW/ESO if you want PvP. Play this if you want some sort of comfy crafting game with raids to do once a year.

>tfw used to be a Mch main but Bard is a lot more fun and im not punished for playing it

>It's either sickeningly sweet "girl(male) :3" talk or passive-aggressive shitflinging. It's tiring more than anything else.
Almost too accurate. Glad I backed out of an old /xivg/ FC a year or so ago. Experienced the same thing. Some things never change.

Is SMN still shit

Leave Balmung if you haven't already and find an out of the way mid pop server to settle in. That's where you'll find the normies and the 30-something single moms.

What is FC? I added new tab and it behaves just like my other tabs. How do I set it for region chat or whatever?

I'm on ultros because I had a friend here, but I wouldnt mind making a new character on a different server because my friend quit.

I'll refrain from transmogging until I get some good gear. i'll just keep wearing the retard helmet.

They were literally playing it as they told me that.
I wont waste my money if that's the case.
I'm somehow both at the same time. RIP.

Meow!

BDO isn't really that great, the only thing going for it is the character creator.

yes it's decent and less clunky now. 4v4 feast is tough, but also the most rewarding if you care to pvp with people that are trying

hi im nyanja

is it so hard to have your own preferences user

nice skin tone!

yes sadly. at least it looks cool

>Roe/Highlander

>anything else
50-ish is fine

>tfw.....

might as well make a dude if you're going 100 on roe/highlander

You can filter them you know, like they most likely filter you.

See you soon.

I wish I was on the same server as this cutie :c

>le
>one
>guy

When you're a middie

o/

Sorry D:

I'm a new player (conjurer) that just unlocked the whole world through the airship system.
Is it worthwhile to use the lower level quests in these new cities to level up the other magic classes as secondaries?
Or should I just pile all that EXP on my main class ?

Why does everyone here play girl characters?

Are they all gay?

>spend too much time trying to figure out if my character looks good aesthetically as a specific job, for RP and design reasons

I really need to turn this autism off

dress up.

I am.

If you're playing as a cat I can guarantee you aren't giving your look that much thought.

Are you single and looking for a boyfriend?

>spend too much time trying to figure out if my character looks good aesthetically as a specific job, for RP and design reasons
>that hair style
>that hair color
>it that skintone
Obviously you're not trying hard enough

because they are cute

Doesn't change the fact that you should learn how to filter and ignore things and people you don't like. You know, like an adult.

So you want male attention?

On one hand you get more than enough EXP from the main story for your main class that you really don't need sidequests usually but on the other sidequests don't benefit from the bonus that you get for leveling a class lower than your highest one.

Though if you're referring to the really low level ones in the new areas you have, then just go ahead and burn them on other classes just because they'll be so inconsequential (even by sidequest reward standards which are pretty low) for your main class' EXP at this point.

I use to play a guy until a week afterSB, it a lot more fun as a girl. More fun clothes

buying bf

>rip, hope you get it tomorrow!

We'll see, I made it back up here at least in a short amount of time so that's some progress! Even though I've been at this since 7pm EST

Goodnight /xivg/!

Never suggested I did but thanks for the tips

>tfw can't decide on glamour

I never said that I just said female characters are cute

Pretty accurate. What world you in?

Yes and no. Being single is way better

Ugly AND stupid is a terrible combination, if you're want more tips, I'd say fix one of those.

>hey you know that tumor growing at the side of your neck? Yeah ignore it pretend it isn't there.
>also ignore all of the symptoms that it brings to your body by something being there it will all be okay.
I can filter him problem is all the off-topic posting that comes with his presence which he responds to giving said people to continue with that pattern. I want to come here for the game not lactation pregnant /d/ tier Bullshit.

I was in Balmung for a while, but I switched to Mateus before Stormblood hit.

Your fault for not being on Balmung.

All the cute midlanders are on balmung... guess I'll just fanta into one myself...

Enable recursive filtering and hide stubs.

because why not?

I did that shit before they nerfed it. Fucking kill me.

fotosketcher magic

What is stone sky sea?

This might have been pretty cool if it wasn't for the autism in the middle

Report them and move on.
Filter them and turn on recursive filtering.
You have the tools to do this and yet you reply to them with stuff they probably already filtered.

I'm only level 11 and I kinda want to make a new character on a different server since my friend stopped playing.

Possibly one of your servers?
I'm cute...

training dummies that are tuned to specific encounters

Pretty cute

Go to /v/ for game discussion. But you're probably the animefag who constantly goats about reporting those threads too.

nier event when

>pet a lala
>they slap me
Bitch

u mad white boi?

now this is podracing

I'd really love to add you just to tease you in private

Probably never since it has been quite a while now

>7pm est
Ouch but good luck

tfw no hunting buddy

They posted their discord before so please check fireden and stop making pointless posts in the thread. Thank you.

How do you access them?

if you've unlocked them, the HW ones are located outside idyllshire's east gate, the one for SB is located outside of Rhalgr's in the Fringes.

>fireden
There are three total active Veeky Forums archives. Why do you never mention the others?

>pet a lala
>they sit in my lap

:)
What is not a pointless post in this thread

While it would be cool I think Nier's time has passed although im surprised we didn't get one close to its release since we did for Yokai Watch.