ITT: Shit middle-class white parents say

>120k miles? user that is WAY too much for a [car produced between 2001 and 2012 that has a good service record]
>It has a V6? user no... I just want for you to be safe...
>You want a RWD? That will be awful in the snow and rain user, how about a nice i4 FWD...
>user why would you want a stick? What if you want to drink a soda pop or coffee while you're driving.
>user if you purchase this car your father and I do NOT support it
>You want THAT old thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ezZH7NqdRwU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You forgot
>But that's DANGEROUS!

"I am gay faggot"

>Any car made in the 90's has superior fuel economy than any modern car.

I don't understand this. Why do parents always think this?

>why do you want to keep that old car? You could finance a new crossover
>its a stick? Thats terrible in traffic
>whats the gas milage?

You just dont get it mom its not a phase

Because nobody else thinks like that and your parents are retarded. Next question.

>tfw mid 20s with own place and job and still get all this shit
>tfw parents say this to me and bought 2 fucked up cars, one with a head gasket problem and one with a forged title just in the past 3 years alone
Like GAWD mom way to be like totally UNcool

I've literally never heard this

>user that car is TOO cheap, there has to be something wrong with it
>Its a shitbox 2-5k civic

Who in their right mind thinks that mpg has gotten worse over the years?

She's right.

My family doesn't really care about my cars anymore because I go through them like toothbrushes. It's a game we play around Thanksgiving/Christmas "What car does he have now?"

Pictured is car I have now

no wonder they don't care

>always buy japanese, they are more reliable than german and american
>ford makes the best trucks
>10w30 oil is the best, dont even consider other weights
>synthetic oil is bad and will make your car leak, just use normal oil like people always have used
>just put 87 octane in, 93 octane is a scam, youre just throwing your money away

Honestly some of these are somewhat true but yeah its all unironically word-of-mouth memes from decades ago

>grandparents have always insisted on putting 89 or 91 octane in everything they own, even lawn mowers
>owners manual of every car they've owned explicitly says says use 87

>mom likes astrology and numerology
>buys a Taurus partly because that's her astrological sign

>looking at first cars
>'84 Celica Supra for sale, manual transmission
>use my 4th grade Latin knowlege and some wikipedia to explain to her the meaning of the car's name: "From heaven above", clearly we should buy it
>she barely looks up from her magazine while saying "who fucking cares?"

I love her but she is a terribly hypocritical human being.

Lol. I've never heard this mate.

>ford makes the best trucks
This is true though

Lois and family were lower class you pleb

this, how is that family middle class in any way shape or form?
has the world really declined that much since that show aired that they would be considered middle class now?

>1994 ls400 with 90 miles
>BUT ITS OLD!
this happened with an IS, SC, before I finally gave up and went with a GS300 cause everything decent got scooped up.

Oh, look. /b/ is moving to Veeky Forums and the mods aren't doing shit about it.

No wait I meant 90000

I think that was the point of it -- The parents worked hard to provide for their kids and let everything else go to shit because they were never successful enough to balance their lives and move up. They had the shittiest house in a decent neighborhood and barely afforded it.

ITT: Shit middle-class white manbois say when their parents won't buy the old ragged-out shitbox they want

small engines like lawnmowers and weedeaters should NOT have premium gas in them, they arnt designed to run that high and will just cause problems in the future.

>you just finished paying off your car and its 5 years old now, you have to trade it in while it's still worth something and buy a new car

why do white and Asian suburban people always feel the need to have a car payment? it's like they feel lost without having one

I was looking for another car a couple of years back, did all the research, common problems, what to look for when inspecting etc. Eventually found one that ticked all the boxes (reasonably low mileage, spotless exterior/interior, well-maintained with full service history logbook & receipts, etc). My stepmother argued black and blue with me that this car was junk.

Her argument was that this car was 6 months older than the one I already had, and that her brother who lives 7 hours away worked for a dealership 20 years ago so she knows all about cars.

you alright big guy?

>they arnt designed to run that high and will just cause problems in the future.

They don't need 91 octane fuel (small domestic 2-strokes usually run low compression ratios, so hell, they don't even need 87). It's pointless putting premium in them, but it's not going to do them any harm. It's just a waste of money more than anything.

Had a few typos and shit so I just deleted & rewrote the post. Veeky Forums is usually pretty slow so I hoped nobody would notice.

No it will make them work too hard, get hot and explode.
especially something like a chainsaw.

That’s not how it works buddy.

higher octane fuel actually less volatile and burns slower, the whole reason it's required is to avoid preignition and knock, especially in higher compression engines.

my mom's brain

> if it's older than 3 years old it's a rust bucket shitbox

mfw

Dude, the octane rating is purely a measurement of how resistant the fuel is to compression ignition, ie: knocking. Premium gas don't burn hotter or have higher energy densities than standard gas, and it doesn't require a higher compression ratio to burn properly. In a 2 stroke garden motor it'll make zero difference whether you put 85 or 93 octane in the fuel tank, other than needlessly costing you more money.

Is she some sort of retarded debtfag who trades in every 3 years and lives with an auto loan constantly hanging over her head or some shit?
Jesus, I don't understand people like that. Why not just buy a fucking car and stick with it until it would either cost more to replace parts than get a new one

Shut up, you're talking out your ass about something you know nothing about

>Why do parents always think this?

Rise of the SUV/Crossover and a misunderstanding of the factoid that the one trim level of Civic from the early 90s had fuel economy on par with a Prius.

no actually, she bought a car brand new in 09 and just traded it in last year for a 16 model, but yeah her theory is majorly flawed. I bought a 10 civic last year and the thing hasn't given me a single issue, IN YOUR FACE MOM

slightly OT but
>the [insert car with inline 6 here] has a V6
>the [insert car with inline 4 here] has a V4
hurr my supra has a v6 durr

>your car is too old
>your car is too loud
>you shouldn’t rev the engine high, you’ll break it.
>what do you mean I can’t eat in here?

They were true middle class, not holywood's idea of middle class like Modern family. They had 4 kids one and went to a private school.

It's because they're retards that believe cars are investments and will instantly break once it exits warranty.

>my bro thinking his 2003 volvo is more reliable than my 93 f150 with 4.9L inline 6

>my aunt saying "wow you hav a '93 and it still runs?"

I'd take the Ford

kek

>live in suburbia with your two point whatever children.

Isn't this basically the American definition of middle-class?

>have 8.2k redline
>get up to 6k before changing gears with mom in car
>don't rev so high you'll blow up the engine!!

>merging onto highway with mom in car
>approaching redline
>user SLOW DOWN!!!
>only halfway up the ramp going 40

>user why do you rev your engine so high? don't you know it'll wear it out?
>proceeds to leave 3 years between oil changes in her own shitbox

>Mom says that cars don't last more than 10 years
>Have to take her to work a few weeks ago in my 25 year old car because her piece of shit '09 Altima won't start

This.
>driving with my dad, decide to do a first thru third gear pull shifting at redline
>Nononono, the car does NOT like that, you're going to damage something!
>meanwhile proceeds to drive his own car always lugging the engine full throttle at low rpms while cold, not realizing he's putting infinitely more strain on the drivetrain than me.

Its what she gets for buying a nissan econobox

T. Retard inbred with retard parents detected?

>it rains
>mom sends me texts begging me not ride my motorcycle
>offers to give me their 2015 X3 if i sell it

lmao

I would pay good money to see a crossover with them meeting the Griswold family. Remember how they were portrayed as lower middle class in the 80s?

>Tfw my mom understands the kind of cars I want being 90s shitboxes
>Supportive of me wanting a Miata deathtrap and a rotary RX-7
>loves me despite what I want/like
My mom is great.

Your mom is good at statistical probability. But don't worry, she can have other children

>be me
>parents are upper middle class
>cared way too much about what other people thought of them
>absolutely refused to let me get any car that was less than pristine because it was "embarassing"
>they drag me to Carmax to get a new Escape for an ungodly amount of money
>I tell them I need to think about it
>go home
>that night, a friend drives me out to meet a guy I talked to on craigslist
>buy a $600 Volvo 240 wagon
>sign paperwork and drive it home
>next morning, parents see it and nearly disown me and yell like I've never seen them yell before
>3 years later, I still have pic related with no mechanical issues and parents have been through 3 cars

90s cars are much lighter

Why do people make such a big deal about cars?

Split parents so one side is
>Why do you keep calling my car shit? I like my Audi tt
Because it's a fucking Audi tt
>Why did you buy that old truck, it gets terrible mileage
It's got better economy than your shitty tt
>Get that rusty old commodore out of my drive
Fuck you at least it's not a tt

The other side is
>I'm never buying Nissan again the dealership are a pack of cunts
>You should buy another Ute to replace your old one that died, the Colorado is cheap mine runs well
>Your stagea might drink like a fish but damn is it comfortable to drive
>No you're not taking my Patrol it's my off-road toy

Sexy turbo brick. My parents whittled me down and convinced me to buy this 06 jetta tdi when I was almost done the deal on a built '89 trans am.
>tfw I like it more and more each day

My GF does this shit too.

Must be a female thing.

>Tfw my mother never said stupid shit like that to me because she knew I knew more about cars than her
>Dad knew I knew my shit because he taught me most of it

Feels good.

That feeling is the feeling of your testicles shriveling up. Enjoy your VADGE product

bought the meme machine earlier this year.

I'm fully bracing myself to be made fun of next week during Christmas for being a "stingey cheap ass" who bought an old ass car even though I can afford a new car.

happened to a cousin years ago when he bought some 70s Mercedes. he got shamed so hard he got rid of it soon and got a new BMW. I even still get jabs for my daily Cressida and how they will need tetanus shots afterwards if they ride with me

I'm going to get comments such as with the money I saved for buying a cheap car and for owning 2 cars now that I should have bought everyone a present.

like seriously, why do they expect me to buy a new euro car when I don't want one?

song somewhat related

youtu.be/ezZH7NqdRwU

why are Asian families like this? it's so annoying how they try to low-key make me feel bad for not buying a new euro car.

anyone else know this feel or have families like this?

>cared way too much about what other people thought of them
Give no sympathy to people like this, you did the right thing.

How's the steering? Only gen I haven't driven yet

weird

i have an adub and the family who don't into cars at all like it.

Taiwanese here. My parents hate my newish german car. They won't stop telling me how I'll regret buying it, how I should have bought a toyota/subaru/honda/etc, oh and how I'm asking for trouble with a car like mine.

Mom is cool with everything but Miata death trap. Shit my driving instructor once told me:
>don't buy a German car bc you need a special mechanic for when stuff breaks
>never put a spoiler on a car, it just makes it slower
>manuals are overrated unless you drive a sports car
>just get a car with a back up camera

Its a fact that average fuel ecomony in the 80s and early 90s was better than average fuel economy in the 2000s and early 2010s

cars were significantly smaller and lighter then. There were also less SUVs on the road

i had a an asian ex-gf that said if i bought a volvo 240 she would refuse to ride anywhere with me in it

well i bought it and she ended up riding in it

My family is half
>Change the oil? I just did that in 2010!
and
>It's been a whole month since you changed the oil? Your cars gonna die!

MR2 maybe I can see them thinking it's some shitbox (which it is but not in a bad way), but how would they not understand the 70s mercedes as a classic car?

>i just did that in 2010
Please tell me you're exaggerating

>user if you purchase this car your father and I do NOT support it
>father walks in
>tells her that if I'm gonna fuck up, it's better I fuck up something that will at least teach me a lesson while doing so
And that's how I wound up with a 22 year old, 20 foot V8 powered RWD barge that turns into a jetski in the rain and a coffin in the snow.

normie core to the max
JDM is annoying but at least they are trying

Get another Commodore user.

>letting your parents dictate what car you can buy with your own money
>not buying a enjoyable car for less than $3k yourself
>not working a job and living at home and being able to save literally all your money for a car because you have no other expense
>caring at all about what other people think of your taste in cars

sounds like you need to grow a pair

So you cucked yourself out of a free nicer car for no reason.

Eat a dick noel you stupid cunt.

>White Australian
>Parents the middle of the top
>user why don't you let us get you a nice Range Rover
>I'm on my red Ps
>Driving anything worth more than $20k rules you out as being a fuckwit or a leb
>Mfw I end up with something almost exactly like pic related
>I was happy with my 2009 RX-8

Rest in tidal wave of imminent hate user.

>ford escape is nicer than volvo 240
you are a disgusting human being. why do you even visit this board?

My Dad got me a Ranger with a 4.0 5 speed and it has a torsen LSD and U drifted it into a tree lol

It's a real shame you couldn't stand up to your parents and keep your own car.

I'm looking, but it's getting hard to find VL wagons with the 3.0 these days.

Fuck off busrider

Why the fuck do any of your parents have anything to say about your personal purchases? You don't live at home still, do you Anons?

>Stepdad loves high spec German cars
>Dad loves American muscle
>Uncle owns a Nissan dealership
>I drive a Hyundai.
But at least I got it cheaper.

>cars guzzle more fuel than when literal carbs were commonplace.

The engines are much more efficent but it does fuck all when those engines are put into 4 ton suvs as opposed to light weight cars

are you being dense on purpose? there are plenty of examples of cars dropping in fuel economy when switching from carbs to fuel injection. That said, plenty of 80s / early 90s cars were fuel-injected

The fuck, thats rich-rich middle class right? Fuck me i've always belived I was in middle class but my family always looked at second hand 90's vehicles due to prices... Shit I guess we were actually always poor... No you know what fuck you, you're rich you cunt.

Here I'll add some.
>No you're not getting a new car its too expensive
>No not that one, european cars are expensive to maintain
>Learning how to drive in the snow with only 2wd is going to make you a better driver
>Learning to drive in the snow with a manual transmission is going to make you a better driver
>Pft dont use premium or mid-grade, the cheap stuff is all you need

Im confused now, are we middle class or even white?

>user, it’s cheaper and easier to have the dealership change the oil, plus you know they’ll use the right stuff
My mother says, having spent the best decade hating the fuck out of our local Toyota dealership and their mechanics because they managed to put the wrong oil filter on more than once.
>user, you’re accelerating/stopping/cornering too fast/hard! You’ll break the engine if it hits the redline!

Honesty though, my mom’s supportive of doing crazy shit to my own cars.
Now if I could get her to stop trying to get me to buy her an SUV.

Guys. We have three dogs of our own and a foster at all times.
I have two brothers who live at home with her.

What car can I get her?
I’ve been thinking an old wagon of some kind would work, but i’m Having a hard time convincing her.
She doesn’t want another minivan.

a literally who volkwagen, i never turn my head at audis

>accelerating/stopping/cornering too fast/hard! You’ll break the engine if it hits the redline
>working the powerband when passengers who don't wanna go fast are in the car

>Having retarded parents