/ink/ - Splatoon 2 General

brb afk edition

Previous: Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- The next NA/EU Splatfest is Mayonnaise vs Ketchup, to be held in the first weekend of August.
- Splatoon 2 needs 3.1 GB of space to install
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far) includes:
Splatoon 2 FA-11 Custom Gear (Switch)
Splatoon 2 Ika V Collaboration Gear (Switch)
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- Rotations are now every 2 hours instead of 4.
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!
-The Inkbrush is out now!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Splatoon 2 Weapon Stats
- imgur.com/a/eV8p0
>S2 New weapon stats
-imgur.com/a/NFzgv

>S2 Headgear
-imgur.com/a/9w8lx
>S2 Shirts
-imgur.com/a/gUexS
>S2 Shoes
-imgur.com/a/Cq7La

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Discord
- Nope.

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> if you want to add your friend code before splatoon goes out use this:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> list of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13536642
pastebin.com/raw/eMbBai0b
youtube.com/watch?v=8L54s2m1dPs
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=882710337
youtu.be/oD64wpsMti0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck ink armor

Could someone crash course the current meta/meme weapons and loadouts for this game? I don't have nearly the same amount of time to dedicate to Splat2 that I did to the original so I'd like to skip the hands on trial and error this time around.

Which weapon type is the biggest crutch in Splatoon 2, /ink/?

strawpoll.me/13536642

So remember when we only knew the japanese names of the squid sisters solos, and some anons translated Marie's as "Night of Seaweed"? Turns out that's not actually right. Sumiso is a sauce made from miso and vinegar, and the "ae" part means the other ingredents are chilled and dressed just before serving. Seaweed can be served this way, but a more notable food traditionally served with sumiso is Firefly Squid. You know, what Marie is.

So, N-zap '85
Y/N?

Reposting squid pantsing

>guy superjumps to me
>rushes past me and 2 enemies then immediately dies

What was the gameplan here?

Which hero weapons are worth working for (as in, aren't horribly outclassed by current or upcoming custom sets)?

octobrush is the turboscrub weapon

Y. It's almost a better splat jr

What does crutch mean exactly?

exactly what it implies

>someone unironically picked shooters

Hmmm...

The one you like the most

You're gonna feel like a big, big man with the aerospray until level 10.

You're bad at inkjet, everyone else is good with it. They can one hit you for real, you can't one hit dummies.
It's the only thing that lets me take a fucking moment to see someone to aim at them and kill them. Otherwise it's just walls and angles God damn. How do people play FPS's?

They have the exact same stats and loadout as the stock version of that weapon type. They're just reskins so if you like any of the stock weapons and think they look cool go for it.

I'm not exactly sure how to interpret that

Hero Shot is pretty good. Splashdown is useful as a panic button or ambushing. I use the balloons for extra damage or picking off enemies. Also, it looks like a fucking P90. I'd say Dualies as well, but that depends.

Why am I doing well in ranked but not in regular turf war? There's a whole bunch of insanely good faggots all of a sudden.

What category is the aerospray? I'm leaning allllll the way on it.

>pastebin.com/raw/eMbBai0b
Is there an up-to-date version of this link from the OP?
It still says Squidforce has a tendency to give the damage up ability, but that's removed in Splatoon 2. I'm wanting to know what Squidforce does now.

It would be under shooters

NINTY WHERE THE FUCK IS MY PLAYABLE OCTOLING armor? I want to put it on my spaghetti now that they don't wear the full bodysuit, only spats.

Turf War still matches you with people near your level, right? While you were away in Ranked, your level increased, so back in turf war you're fighting better players than you had before.

Aiming with a controller requires adjustments by moving yourself. So like with a mouse you'd just click on thing but with a controller you might want to move to the left instead of aiming to the left to fine tune.

Yeah, but some weapons have meh stock versions and much better custom versions (splatling gets fucking splash wall, so does charger)

Honestly, what were your thoughts when you saw the first splatoon trailer years ago? Did you really think you would be playing this shit right now?
youtube.com/watch?v=8L54s2m1dPs

>no Salmon Run for 21 hours

Yes

No, E3 was what convinced me.

I thought it looked really cool, was excited to see a new and interesting IP from Nintendo. And the squids were cute. I remember the wave of fan art that cropped up IMMEDIATELY.

how do I get the other amiibo armor? I have the headgear but I can't figure out how you're supposed to get the rest

Oooh, you naive little squib. Once more weapons are released, people git gud and meta invariably shifts towards long-range assault rather than close-combat dogfights, those two would be the staple of anti-meta- Firefin is baisically Bento that was created solely to be an anti-sniper, and vanilla Heavy would be the bastion of stability, smacking down any and all aggression and, again, fucking up snipers by splatlinging right in front of their face with no way for them to retaliate.

I wanted it the entire time I didn't have it. Even when I bought a switch I just wanted a WiiU for Splatoon.
I thought it was such a great take on the boring dead ass fucking FPS genre. That was when Killzone was a thing and when CoD did sequels for all of their spinoffs.

>next salmon run is 4 different splattershots

So why do rollers kill in 1 hit if they bump into you sometimes and other times they do nothing?

I think anyone who doesn't ink for more than 15 seconds should get a warning, 30- get booted.

It's a DC which has basically fuck all penalty. I might as well start doing it any time some faggot has a blaster on my team.

They're either out of ink or they're using the Carbon Roller which doesn't ohko.

Make disconnects count as triple losses.

This is coming from someone who was actually having unstable internet for 2 days.

Just keep playing online. I'm not sure of the details, but after using them again after about a day of playing online, they just gave me the rest of the sets (all 3 original amiibos). No challenges required.

I think it should straight up bar you from joining another match for 10-15 minutes then doubles every time it happens in a 48 hour period.

guess which weapon

>Play Turf War, use Blaster
>Two minutes in, see a superjump marker
>Camp it out, ready to get the one-hit
>Squid lands, I take the shot
>The squid isn't dead
>It had INK ARMOR
>I died instead

I've made a tragic mistake. With any luck, I won't make any worse than that.

crutchbrush?

Charger was god tier for those steelheads but hopefully fewer people will die with the upcoming lineup.

You're the one faggot here that's actually good with a roller and not just a turf war cunt.
Alternatively, slosher.

Just a random guess, but I have good reason to believe it's the Octobrush.

Just keep playing and scan again in 24 hours. They gave me the other 2 pieces the next day

Stop using blaster

wow what an amazing story

this has never been heard of in all of splatoon's history

>See a superjump marker
>charger
>take aim
>yourmotherfuckinglifeends30minutesfromnow
>take the shot
>I timed it wrong and miss

Dear Splatoon 2.
Please make ZR the button that fires the curling bombs in the special.
Thank you.
I have no idea why you decided to make it R so your big flashy "BOMBS AWAY!" makes my brain go, "Hit buttons you fucking loser!" and I don't know what's going on anymore. Also it's awesome that when it's over I throw a grenade that takes 3/4 of my ink when I just got done throwing a dozen grenades. I love it. I love everything about this.

>being too dumb for a children's game

>playing Rainmaker
>get splatted and check map as I respawn
>30 second left
>see the rainmaker is getting really close to our side
>go to splat the fucker with it
>he's not taking any damage
>realize this fucker is on my team and he has no idea what he's doing

>playing Rainmaker on Musselforge Fitness
>take out the entire enemy team
>I get the rainmaker
>decide to take it around the right side
>say This Way
>no one follows me
>okay, maybe they're just taking the top path since we did clear everyone out
>take out five enemies without being able to advance much
>spamming This Way
>enemy finally splats me
>team never showed up
>look at map
>they're all just fucking around in the middle
>enemy team brings rainmaker to our side
>I'm trying to hold them back
>the rest of my team just keeps going to the middle

Get me out of this C rank hell. I went from C- to B- for Tower Control and Splat Zones, but I keep getting paired up with morons like these in Rainmaker.

>A player in splat zone and tower control
>lose constantly in rain maker

Why

so your solution is to make both buttons into a throw bomb button so you can't even defend yourself with your main weapon in a pinch
brilliant

Squidforce has Ink Res.

no

yes

>shadman

>aerospray on my team in turf war
>less inked than the charger

Agreed. It's gay.

wow this sounds a lot like me

the worst is the retards that ink the map instead of going for the rainmaker

Are squiddos niggos?

Rain Maker is just balls, let's be honest.

user.
Defend yourself. With the Aerospray?
Just let me hurl bombs.

Just play octobrush and let your scrubs handle the rainmaker
People in C and B ranks will just rush to where the rainmaker holder is, just hide in ink in waiting and catch them off guard

>A in rainmaker and almost A in splatzones
>lose constantly in tower control
I think I should stop playing charger to get out of the tower control trench

No, you don't understand. That's the problem. The ALTERNATE versions get splash wall; the default versions get sprinkler on the splatling and (admittedly useful) splat bombs on the charger, along with sting ray which I've been decent with so far but will get harder to use as players get less stupid about it.

>tfw girl I like said she would watch me stream Splatoon 2 if I gave her $10.
We're all gonna make it.

>play ranked
>two Aerosrays and a Dualie on your team
>enemy team has someone with an E-liter
>they know how to use it
>also, their roller is a laggy fucker who splats you with their swing after you clearly dodged it and splatted them

So ninja squid will be a great ability on the splat brella, right? It's a close range weapon with solid walkspeed while firing, and ninja squid lets you fake people out with the umbrella (as well as generally sneak up on people to two shot them).

Chargers are great in tower control. Just learn the ways.

just hire a prostitute off backpages and have her watch you play it while she licks your asshole

at least then you get more bang for your buck

>if you gave her $10
are you out of your gourd? How is that worth it?

At very least you can ink your feet and run away in a pinch.

post best girl

at least town control forces dumbasses to play the objective more

if your team just wants to ink and splat on rainmaker then there is no incentive for them to go for the rainmaker

Yes, but it can't single-handedly carry scrub games like rollers/brushes can

When she sees my stream I'm going to be funny so she'll want to see me more.

Neither of those are best or girls.

link it here desu

wrong answer infidels

If someone disconnects early in the match the game should go back to lobby and the person who disconnected should be publicly raped.

>the game should go back to the lobby
>not being able to carry a 3v4 because the other team plays hyperaggressive

you have got to go back

Post you doing it

Reminder that lewding the squidgirls is DEGENERACY and should NEVER EVER happen!

This is why you lewd the octopus

>just unlocked Splatling
How fucked am I?

Hello SFM anons of /ink/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=882710337

Love, /lisg/

Wear an ink saver main
Have fun mowing down idiots

It's not as good on rainmaker as the other two modes but with sprinkler and good ink coverage abilities you can still be useful

Learn how to use stingray

I wish I could cancel people's superjumps to me.

youtu.be/oD64wpsMti0

I've had too many people just spam out their superjump notification. They don't actually jump to me, they just keep saying they will. A shame, really.

>its happening again

Yes, make sure you have a run speed main since it's good at backpedaling.