/wowsg/ - World of Warships General

****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/XGWdGjPc (embed)

>Dunkirk Event
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/the-prestigious-memento-rises/

>Gallant Premium
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/gallant-gadot/

>0.6.8 LIVE
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/patch-adams/

>Smoke changes NOT HAPPENING
thedailybounce.net/2017/07/25/world-of-warships-supertest-0-6-9-info-3/

>Ranked Live!
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/crank-up-your-rank-up/

>0.6.9 YAMAMOTO CAMPAIGN
sea-group.org/?p=3326&lang=en
sea-group.org/?p=3216&lang=en

>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker (warships.today is RIP, press F to pay respects)
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' by antibullyranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[HOTEL] on EU - contact Luger_chan
[BOTES] on SEA - contact Benis
[BOTES] & [HOTEL] on NA - contact Prec

Cute ramp

Dead game edition

Good night forever wowsg

>Raptor isn't banned

ded?

MOSHEVO!

kamikazi is not cute

>that pathetic round beta jawline

Lol

Why did /wowsg/ not ostracize Rapespammer?

Because he bought and sent gifts to people and that somehow means he's a good guy and not a severely autistic person who gets off to spamming Veeky Forums generals. The fact he bribes certain people to defend him whenever someone brought it up convinced everyone it's not worth it.

We don't? This is news to me.

He literally kept wowsg alive, we should get him to spam again because we apparently can't keep a thread up ourselves

Thread was just created at a bad time

>Babbie
>"Kurwa Polak Polak Kurwa" speak in chat
>dies to flooding 4 minutes in
>complains about friendly DDs even though he got smoked up twice
>blames DDs for losing
>bottom of the scoreboard
Fucking wastes of oxygen

Yeah well the last one archived at 600 posts

I hope Luger is happy.

>Keeping a thread active on EU Afternoon, NA morning
>on a fucking Wednesday
Relax m8, just post Yamato or something and bump it every half hour, or complain about Naziboo faggots masturbating over their subpar fantasy boats

Posting q-test torpedo lesbians to keep the thread alive.

Where is everyone planning to put their Yamamoto commander btw?

Everyone's a NEET so what's the problem?

>meet someone with [HOTEL] Tag in battle
>wow it's a shitter
9/10 times

>He literally kept wowsg alive

Saging and dumping images to hit the image limit = "hee literally kept wowsg alive"

How about no?

>Trident: Epicenter
>sitting in a perfect spot in New Orleans
>Z-23-kun suddenly appears from my right side
>at only 6-8km range
>doesn't even have his torps on
>he is getting focus fired by my team and me
>fumbles in panic and beaches against an island
>desperately pops a smoke
>[Press Radar Key To Rape]

Kamikaze is extremely cute, and anyone that says otherwise needs a brisk skullfucking

>that once in a hundred games chance you get to heil hitler two bbs at once

Atlanta or Indianapolis?

AFT or Manual AA for North Carolina

I would take AFT simply because the enemy CVs are generally not stupid enough to send their planes too close and with AFT you might catch a plane or two at the edges of your AA with your larger area-of-denial.

Manual AA if you are serious about dropping those planes though.
Both would be nice.

Atlanta. She makes CV players cry.

t. CV player

Atlanta is fun but you always run the risk of being nuked off the face of the earth early on.

However when specced right she's great for shitting on anyone. Especially CVs, since you can get your detection range lower than your AA range.

>Brit BBs are getting a paper tier VIII
>it's a straight upgrade of their actually built tier VII and better in every way
>it even gets defensive fire AA added to its already buffed AA

I run manual AA since I have the AA range module installed anyway. Works really nicely.

its literally going to be a worse NC.

Is the AA going to be that bad?

Isn't KGV the T8?

KGV is the TVII going by the last leak I read, and with Monarch being a fictional upgrade.

WG is trying to get the [B]rit-[B]ongers ready for Gamescom, there's bound to be notable post release changes.

They are probably thinking "better make them too good than not good enough", to attract people into trying them.
Nothing would be more shameful than spending like a whole year producing a ship line only to have it fall flat in popularity from get-go.

Isn't the Monarch the one with the 15 inch guns the British decided not to put on the KGV because of their poor performance?

yes. North Carolina's 16 inch cannons will outperform Monarch in every way.

The problem is that it's pretty massive feature creep to keep adding on consumables. And considering how they literally nerfed some of the AA on the higher tier ships like Lion just to justify adding Defensive Fire AA, their balancing seems schizophrenic as fuck.

Not to mention WG seems the type of company that won't remove a feature once they've added it. So even if the Defensive Fire is pointless and no one takes it because the alternative is Radar, they'll keep trying to "encourage" people to take it through ever more retarded adjustments rather than just removing it and restoring the old AA.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong but I genuinely think WG is going to make a gimmicky mess of a line with further updates just doubling down on that.

Eh, I'm gonna grind the Bong BB line anyway. Seems more fun than the Nazi BBs at least.

The stealth won't be as good as Monarch. It will be retardedly good with a full build.

Also super fire chance HE cus "LOL WHO NEEDS AIMING".

yeah 63% fire chance with HE shells makes you wonder why you should use AP anyway when you can be an armored cruiser

>6 63% shells fired from a bow on Monarch every time your DCP runs out

>enemy Kaga tries to Midway our Ranger by throwing everything he has at them
>unknowingly enters my Atlanta's AA range

So BritBong BB are going to have tighter turning radius than any other nation, right?

OVERGROWN CRUISERS

That's what I wanted. Bigger Cruisers.

@everyone @here

Dunno about turn radius, that might still be burgers at low tier and IJN at higher.

But rudder shift will be best for sure.

>instead of ever adjusting Nikolai WG is just releasing a nerfed version for Tier V

Stay cheeki breeki customer!

>can't nerf Nikolai because premiums can never be nerfed
>shit all over Blyskawica because blanket nerf
Just give Nikolai the retarded finite amount of damage control parties that the other Russian battleships seem to be getting. Give it 2 to start out with or something, so at most you can only put out 4 fires/floodings. There, balans.

>Russian ship is safe
>Polish ships gets shit on
is of much realism

Pretty stupid, when the KGV was fitted with 14inch cannons because the shells were better and they performed more consistently, but we live in WG fantasy land, so tier is settled pretty much entirely by gun caliber

KGV was fitted with 14 inch guns becasue of the London treaty, not because the guns were good.

I almost feel bad for seal clubbing, but this ship is just so nice.

Those poor CVs sending their squadrons at me as the planes come raining down like meteorites. Salvos that ruin enemy players' games in one splash. Range that is basically the entire map. Concealment that lets me shoot and disappear as I please.

And after all that I had lost 0% of my HP. Just brutal.

It could've had 15inch guns within the treaty, but 14inch guns allowed for more stability and reduced weight, so, considering it turned Bismarks conning tower (with 14inch armour) into swiss cheese, it probably wasn't a terrible decision.
Shell caliber isn't everything.

If RN BB are just overgrown cruisers, than Vodka Marine BB will be overgrown destroyers that go 60 knots have smoke and lack citadel?

>Those poor CVs sending their squadrons at me
what kind of black magic are you using, whenever I play her every CV avoids my entire half of the map like the plague

Yes, that is what you are supposed to do as CVs, but I was blessed with potatoes.

Or maybe it was just a desperate last ditch attempt since I had destroyed their entire team on the right side of the map (almost alone) and there was nothing left to stop me from reaching their CVs sitting at their base.
The were CVs trapped on that small map like between hammer (me) and anvil (the rest of my remaining team).

>Best-in-tier AA defense, but with the same stock short range; in fact, Texas' AA firepower is higher than any other ship in the game up until Tier VIII. Enemy planes that come near Texas are highly unlikely to make it back to their flattop.
Jesus. Americans really hate enemy bombers.

>Texas boasts more than three times the anti-aircraft firepower of New York

Is this.. Japanese vs American screening?

I'm confused.
Why would you put all turrets in front of the ship and then not make them able to all shoot forward? Wouldn't that be a kind of design that could deny the tactical advantage of crossing the T?

The Izumo has the same setup, putting the third turret above the second means it is so tall it is almost certainly going to be incapacitated if engaged, not to mind the stability issues of having such a heavy structure so high up.

Are theseā€¦ the thoughts of an illiterate?

Also, for reasons to do it, it puts all the magazines in the one place, away from the boiler and engine rooms, so heat from the boilers doesn't heat the magazines when at full throttle.
Turns out that isn't really a big deal though unless you do something retarded like IJN Fuso and put your magazines essentially on top of your boilers, guaranteeing you problems and probably forcing you to flood the magazines if your ship is trying to evade anything.

American screening in 1942 vs American screening in 1944.

>so heat from the boilers doesn't heat the magazines when at full throttle
nah it was soi they could put a thicker single piece of plate over the magazines anmd put a slightly less thick one over the boilers. bongs figured out that hits to the magazines kill you 100% of the time while hits to boilers don't do much other than dead you in the water you can still fight back

Ah, are the armour thicknesses actually that different?
makes sense though.

its like 14.5-14.7 inches vs 13-13.5inches. not much but enough to keep her weight under control yet have thicker armor than anything produced at the time

I think it's early war vs late war

>Crossing the T
>Shooting forwards
What did he mean by this?

spinning abukuma in the back will never not make me laugh

The Fusos (and Ises) did not really have magazines right on top of the boiler rooms, that would not even fit.

But as you ca nsee here, they had the boilers and engines seperated by turret #4 (Q turret in RN parlance)
Before they were rebuilt, they had a second set of boilers further forward, between turrets #2 and #3.

However, what this DID mean was that they had high-pressure steam lines running under the magazines, which meant that the ammo and propellant was heated up quite a bit.
This, in turn, can lead to various bad things, like cracks in the propellant or shell fillings, accelerated decay of the propellant, or even corrosion inside the shells because the IJN had rather unstable explosives and propellants.

>IJN
>Screening
user, pls

>Texas' AA firepower is higher than any other ship in the game up until Tier VIII
This isn't actually true. Texas has poor antiair range so the only possible way for it to have highest AA is if the enemy manually tells his planes to stay right above Texas and never leave.

In all other situations, the longer range superior antiair on everyone else ends up shooting more planes down before attack (more useful) and ends up killing more while they retreat (also more useful than texas)

firepower =/= longest range

firepower =/= highest number at 2 feet away

A CV is not afraid of Texas at all, he has to fall asleep to go into the point-blank range where it kills any planes.

Hi anumati.

if it was anu he'd be complaining that any AA is too much

Do I get gold or silver if I finish weekly mission that awards tier 2 premium I already have?

gold usually

LIVE

The fog in this picture makes me want a pirate show based on a CV and their escapades

FUCK OFF MAKO

>The old citadel ribbon

Anyone else prefer it to the new one?

No. Looks too similar to the fire ribbon.

Worth leveling french cruisers or should I just go grind the russian bias cruisers/hide in smoke like coward RN cruisers?

RN cruisers might get nerfed if the smoke nerf goes live.

Enjoy your Russian bias))))))))

Always bet on Russia, user.