I like how driving puts you at risk of becoming a criminal...

I like how driving puts you at risk of becoming a criminal, when something like unknowingly having a light out or a perceived traffic violation can expose you to an encounter with law enforcement; and who knows if that interaction will lead to handcuffs if you forgot your wallet or insurance. Maybe the cop will blow you away if you reach for the glove compartment too soon. If only you had stayed home...

It's your responsibility to ensure your vehicle meets the minimum standards of the area in which you choose to live. It's your responsibility to know the rules of the road on which you drive. It's your responsibility to not be an asshole to the cop.

it's also your responsibility to not be of the dindu persuasion

>cherries and berries in rearview
>pull shitbox over
>"license, registration and proof of insurance please"
>retrieve from glovebox and hand to officer
>"thank you, i'll be back in a few"
>"do you know why I pulled you over?"
>no sir i don't
>"you've got a tail light out, i'm not gonna write you a fix-it ticket but just get it fixed, alright? visibility is important especially this time of year"
>no problem officer, i'll swing by autozone on the way home and buy new bulbs
>have a good night
>"you too, stay safe"
>officer walks back to car
>i put my shit back in the glovebox and drive away
Damn, it feels good being white.

>a person driving a normal car, respecting the rules, and treating a cop with respect

>a person driving a piece of shit or gaudy car like an aggressive maniac, reeks of drugs, and threatening the cop and/or crying "oppression"

Race does not come into play in either scenario here.

How the fuck do you forget your insurance? You get multiple copies of the little insurance card/printout for a reason, stick one in the glove compartment along with the registration, you fucking retard. Most states even have a big "KEEP THIS CARD/COPY IN VEHICLE LISTED ON REGISTRATION" tag someplace on both the registration and insurance paperwork.

For that matter, how the fuck do you forget your wallet?

I can't figure out why i keep getting pulled over!

Try being young and driving a badass car boomer cops go out of their way to try and get behind me all the time but my driving skills sre to sick

real nigga talk, who toke and drive?

>do so
>drive normally
>leave windows open so smell dissipates
>drove across US doing this several times
>nothing happened

My insurance provider never mailed me a card - they just assume an electronic version would be fine.

traffic violations aren't criminal acts unless they're so egregious they become misdemeanor or worse.

So print it off and put it in the glove-box you fucking mongoloid.

>not having spare bulbs and fuses in your car in case something simple and easily fixed is wrong
>not spending 20 seconds doing a quick walk around your car to check if lights are on and tires are full
Basic bitch as fuck, opie.

>not having spare bulbs and fuses in your car in case something simple and easily fixed is wrong

How big of a thing is this? I like having redunancies but this has never occured to me, since I'm not a car guy.

>It's your responsibility to not be an asshole to the cop
Enforcement of the law should not be selective nor should it be arbitrary.

Fuses are small and the fusebox/es is/are generally in an easy location (under the steering column, top of the engine bay, etc), it's always good to keep a few of the same type and rating as your car uses in a case in the glovebox or under-seat tray or whatever (most cars use a bunch of different types, but fuses are small so don't sweat that). Worst case scenario when a fuse blows and you don't have a spare handy, you can swap in an identical one from something else on the car that you don't need at the moment until you can get home to get it fixed, but that isn't always possible as auto manufacturers like to be really inventive about what exactly each fuse controls (i.e. running something minor like the steering wheel lock and something major like the whole goddamn PCM off the same 25A fuse what the goddamn fuck Ford) and may God help your soul if it's one of the big block-type relays that dies.

Bulbs are more of a pain to carry because you have to worry about them getting shattered bouncing around wherever you store them, and you should also carry rubber gloves to prevent touching the bulb when installing (because halogen bulbs HATE HATE HATE grease from fingers) and dielectric grease (for the connection itself to help seal it).

>dude I drove home shitfaced once and didn't kill anybody

>who knows if that interaction will lead to handcuffs if you forgot your wallet or insurance

All this paranoia coming from someone who has no idea how traffic stops work

It's a little thing that can save you a lot of shit. If, for example, your horn runs through the same fuse as your wipers and the horn shorts out. It starts raining or snowing. You're fucked if you can't just disconnect the horn and swap the fuse, until you get home and can see if there's a break in a wire somewhere.
Maybe a bulb is on its last legs before you head home from a good time with your family. Maybe it pops when you start the car or dies when you're underway. One thing is shit like a rear light, but a head light bulb going out with no spares is bad times, especially if you live somewhere that doesn't have long days in the winter. That's also why a flashlight is a good idea to have, so you can work on the dark roadside if need be. I also have a car with some big compartments in the boot for putting shit in, so I've been able to kit myself out for disastrous breakdowns. Haven't needed it yet, but I'll be fucked if I let myself be caught unaware by some fuckery happening when I'm doing a long haul with my wife and daughter.

if you compare those two you are quite retarded

man, it must suck being black huh OP