Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

webms with sound:
Previous thread full of only the most quality posts:

Here... we... go!

Suzuki a best!

I just put 2 stroke oil on my chain.
it triggers many people.

I always used proper chain lube but ive been putting ATF this whole year and only ajusted the chain once on my 2 bikes.

Bought a used bike in great condition that had been sitting in a guys garage for a year or so.

However starting it you have to give it some throttle. But after riding it around its starting easier. Does it need a new battery or after riding it more and giving it love it'll get easier to start?

yfw anime faggot poster is actually EF

Thats pretty normal for carburated bike to use a bit of throttle when starting. As long as its cranking over fine when you press the starter then the battery is fine

It starts fine when I press the starter and give it a little throttle. It's fuel injected though.. I'd like to think it's just because it was sitting there for a while and I haven't been able to ride it around much yet.

If it keeps doing it after a good 4 to 6 hours of riding then replacing the battery wouldn't hurt.
What bike?

No, it's me.
Not all FI bikes have ECU idle control. The first FI monsters had a "choke" lever on the bars that did nothing but raise the idle speed by opening the throttle a bit.
Just ride it and enjoy.

wegayhere

I actually just watched some videos. So only previous bike I've been on was a new ninja300 and I just rode that a few days for my msf course. That bike started immediately.

Bike I just bought was a 2015 fz-07 a guy bought but never rode it. Under 2k miles. It sat in storage. But I think I wasn't holding the starter down long enough. It wasn't starting immediately so I started giving it some gas. I'll have to do some more tests.

Thanks man. So far it's a fucking blast.

that chain and sprocket has 45 hours, probably get another 5-15 out of them, not like that bike is exactly underpowered either it bends alloy sprockets within 10 hours

Need a supermoto tire for sport touring/decent cornering grip, opinions?

completely drain the tank and replace the fuel filter and check the condition of all seals through the intake. if it's cranking fine it's probably not the battery. fuel injected bikes shouldn't need any throttle to start. do you know if it was ever tuned for a different exhaust system?

It wasn't tuned for a different exhaust. It's completely stock.
Really? Drain the tank and replace fuel filter?

What in the entirety of fuck.

It starts, it runs? Runs OK? Ride it.

If it's still two-year-old gas, then ride it until the gas is low and put new gas in it.

not really seeing the problem here. Starts and runs...

Nice bike you should get it plated

Post chains

What...? No.
A majority of the volatile components of gasoline will have evaporated in two years time which will lower the octane of the gas and cause all kinds of issues in performance, it could even cause detonation and destroy the engine.
Drain and replace two year old gas.

CC, my V-Stronk's chain is in a shameful - but not rusted - state. I'll decline, as I have a new one to put on sometime when I get home from vacation.

it is plated...?
i just don't put it where it is supposed to be because that is asking for a leg cut open if you flip it or something.
seen it happen, not pretty.

bikes been sitting a long time. fuel goes bad over time. you're having problems that suggest a fueling issue (unless it's just a normal quirk of this bike and you aren't cranking long enough, up to 3-5 seconds at most is ok)
id be starting with the easiest things and that is completely fresh fuel and a clean filter, and checking all the connections on the intake and all the vac lines for leaks and quality. also worth checking that the spark plugs aren't worn down giving a poor spark

removing all the basic shit from the equation makes finding actual problems easier especially if you're starting with new(old) bike

relevant. if its running fine youre probably worrying about nothing but just doing all the most basic shit will at least remove them from

Oh wow nice, didn't see that I just saw the plate holder inner fender thing and it was empty
Is that new mexio New York or Alaska?

>riding in single digit temperatures
>today we had wind gusts going over 40 mph
>no amount of insulation, wind proofing, break and shake heat packs, and face protection will save me from absolutely frigid cold weather at this point
>carberated bike didn't even want to turn over no matter how much effort I put into it today

I almost got stuck at work, but through some sort of magic my bike decided to start and get me home, with a good 10 minutes of warming the engine up. Tires are in no way willing to warm up, and even if they did, the road is still dangerously cold. There's no snow here, so it looks like taking my car is the only option at this point.

Victoria in Australia, is recreational rego.
my rmx450z is plated as well.
swear you know who i am crummy.

>recreational
What???
Can you ride in the city on streets??

kys wr

fuck off dog fucker

nope and nope, basically anywhere out of town that is not a freeway, only really have it so TAC covers my hospital visit if i stack

trev is wranton now?

>has to have a plate to ride off road
What the ACTUAL fuck??????

Grow a pair, cuck. Get more layers and more wind proofing and stop being a pussy. Put a heat source in your helmet so the air you inhale is warming.

abo rape babies need one

Posting poorly focused picture

fuck off

The new ones got a sweet headlight and FI.

>pay $70 a year
>now all of your medical bills are covered if you crash and fuck yourself up
>this is a bad thing
but yes they do have to be registered.
kek he thinks you are me, i don't have a cb400sf anymore.

if you've never had to stop and heat your hands up on the exhaust then you don't know what true pain is

It happens. As long as it isn't noisy it's fine desu but a clean chain is semi sexual.

Thoughts on the SR400? They're selling hella cheap around me and I kinda like the vintage look.

It's meh as fuck and kickstart only. Just factor that into your purchase decision

mediocre performance, reliable, meme kickstart only.

if it had regular electric start and better colors i would have considered one early on.

got a pretty damn aesthetic reg number
shame I can't tell you what it is

>implying anyone here can track you down just from your license plate
>implying that anyone could care enough to do it even if they could

go on then, do it

i already did mate

got my mt09 back from a free first service

checked oil level when i got home and the sight glass was full at 45 degree tilt. it's meant to be in between the indicators at 90 degrees.

how bad is this?

Bike is fucked. Drain oil and look if theres metal, change filter and fill up with full syn.

as in it you have to tilt it 45 degree before it goes back below the glass or you have to tilt it 45 degree before you can see the oil at all?

I just want a commuter bike to get me around the countryside and for lane-splitting. In my opinion the combination of an air cooled engine, shaft drive, easy valve adjustments, cheap gas and cheap insurance seems to be exactly what I was looking for in a road motorcycle.

You wont find one with shaftdrive, air cooled and gas saver

i need to put it straight up to check oil level. when the bike is half up from the kick stand, the sight glass is already full.

6l/100km, 22 litre fuel tank, runs on lowest octane.

>Liter
>Km
Pls fucking kys cuck

>trip counter knob broke off
poo.

40mpg is shit for a bike.

I know it is low quality b8 but why does anyone ever even try to believe metric is worse than imperial?
imperial is fucking retarded.

40mpg is high average for a fast bike

Faggot motocuckzzi is not a fast bike at all

22l/6l*100km=366km

Isn't a 366km range considered pretty good for a motorcycle?

>air cooled
>cheap gas

Air cooled engines went the way of the dodo specifically because they can't operate as efficiently as water cooled engines.

I'm not in the market for a faster bike. 50hp and ca. 200kilos is plenty fast for me.

The CB500 gets 500+km out of a 17l tank. The NC700 is even better.

Ugly as fuck though

Unless it's on private land, off road tracks are public roads. Makes sense that you have to be licenced and registered. Rec reg is like $80/year

cb500f has sa 15.7l fuel tank and consumes about 4.7/100km according to fuelly, which gives it a fuel range of about 330-340km.

>kickstart
Damn, ain't dealing with that.

How much cheaper are motorcycles to buy in the winter than in the summer?

I just got a promotion and will be making decent money now and want to upgrade to a nicer motorcycle. Would I be better off getting a loan and buying something now or should I just save up and buy something in the summer?

>chain driven bike
>not driveshaft
Top kek

How easy is that to drift in the snow?

Also, anything broken yet?

I bought my last one like 30% under bluebook during the winter. It was up for sale for 2 months in January and the guy was tired of flakers

No, the 70MPG CB500X with a 4.3 gallon tank. Fuelly says 62MPG but that's because honda riders are assholes who run around town revving the piss out of their beginner bikes in an attempt to be fast.

Quite easy, if I want to. Blip the throttle while turning, turn handlebars the opposite direction and i get a pretty sweet drift. I'm decent at it. Its a different technique depending on if youre making a right or left turn, due to the power coming from the bike and the sidecar hanging off the right.

If it wasnt so cold I'd have been out riding all night; its a fucking blast, and the looks i get are priceless. I don't have a full face helmet though, and my face gets windburn on it even with a balaclava. I took that pic tonight when I went to get coffee since its been snowing all day. Hit 17k on the odometer, no issues yet (that I haven't caused). The speedo was going crazy though so maybe I need to work on that. Maybe it needs lubed.

Its always a little less irl.

Horse blanket, dingus. See if work will let you run an extension cord and a space heater under the baiku. If it's as cold as you're saying, obviously it's cold enough to redneck engineer equipment.

Would it be possible(Practically speaking) to swap my seized 350 motor with a XT 500 Engine?

Getting the bearings for the sumo conversion.

You need a bike that was built for those temps. My unstoppable russian tractor starts pretty easily in subzero temps, and I take shit care of it.

>still make bikes at the Mandelo del Lario plant
>made some of the greatest motorcycles in history
>constant innovations without sacrificing build quality, reliability and serviceability
>panty-dropping aesthetics

They didn't have a carrier bearing small/large enough to fit my dimensions, so I'll be sleeving the axle to fit the carrier bearing. The sleeve will act as a spacer, too.

>the overbrand, piaggio, says they're not allowed to make anything good because that's aprilia's thing, and must be italian harley for the old fart and hipster youngin markets

I'm grateful that MG is still alive as a brand at all. With that being said the Griso and Stelvio seem to be pretty capable machines.

They do enough to not be complete shit, and yet are terrible for the price, and terrible all around compared to the competition.

All they have going for them is the image, and now that Japan wised up and will most likely discontinue bug-styled naked bikes in certain western markets sometime this decade, well...

retro gen 3 vmax gen when?

MG is priced pretty reasonably all things considered.
Griso 13k USD vs R NineT 15k USD
Stelvio 14k USD vs R1200GS 20k USD

>tfw no diverse motorcycle group

Advice on a reasonably priced dual-sport bike?

Used or new is fine. Budget will be up to $7,000. I know that doesn't net me much, but it's what I've realistically to work with. Primarily interested in doing interstate touring and limited off-road exploration.

So far, I can't think of anything that fits the bill better than the KLR 650. Fairly durable, simple, and is time-tested in terms of cross-continental travel and trailblazing.

Any other ideas?

DR650, KLR a shit

dr650, xtz660, vstrom650, versys, used f800gs, used tiger

DR650
XT550
VStrom with slightly more dirt oriented tires?
Sounds like you want more adv than dualsport imo, but I guess it depends on what you consider dualsprt.

the best vmax

Really don't know why they didn't give it electric start too. Even Enfield who make modern retro bikes give theirs electric start.

>nsw doesn't have rec reg
>have to pay $120 for rego and ~$300 for ctp
>all just to ride in state forests

having rego does make sense though, also means that if you crash into someone else their injuries are covered (and the opposite if someone hits you)

So what happens if you ride a bike that is rec regod in victoria in nsw do you get a fine?

>wheelbase longer than a goldwing
>weighs 320kgs
>90 mile range
>costs almost 20000 dollars

It also takes some impressive testicular fortitude to be able to pull off a gen 2 vmax. Like exiled kim jong-un roaming whats left of america on his vmax tier badassery.

SHART

I believe rec rego is only valid in victoria (since it's conditional one of the conditions is probably that you can only ride in designated areas which are all in vic)
so the fine for riding a rec regod bike in nsw is probably the same as not having rego i.e. 15 years hard rape in prison