/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

3DS mini edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-

>3DS
[Jul 11] System update 11.5 has been released. It does not bring any relevant change.
[Jun 29] Luma 8.1 has been released, provides small fixes and adds an option to disable exception vectors, among other things. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.1

>Switch
[Jul 19] The BBB team released the first few ExeFS and RomFS dumps. gbatemp.net/threads/477954
[Jul 9] The kernel has been dumped. This does not mean an exploit has been found. twitter.com/derrekr6/status/884106715888848899
[Jul 6] RomFS dumping is now possible.
-A Pyton script has been released. twitter.com/SciresM/status/887199230103826432

>Wii U
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684
[Jul 18] System version 5.5.2 has been released. It patches the browser entrypoint.
-Setting your DNS to 168.235.092.108 and 081.004.127.020 blocks the update.

>DSi
[Jul 22] CFW and SD redirection announced. twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/888977743777583104/
[Jul 15] RocketLauncher will support most retail game cards. youtube.com/watch?v=muuRpyYgGyI

>Vita
[Jul 2] SD2Vita adapters can now be preordered. wololo.net/2017/07/04/pre-order-sd2vita-game-cart-microsd-adapter-right-now-via-reddit/
[Jun 15] An unstable beta version of Enso has been leaked.
-An official release is planned for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Jul 11] PS4 MTX KEY, a modchip that allows game sharing, has been announced. wololo.net/2017/07/11/ps4-mtx-key-announced-preorder-ps4-modchip-gamesharing/

Other urls found in this thread:

r4ds-ds.com/products/R4i-Gold-3DS-Card-p-246.html#
nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=146
web.archive.org/web/20170519190133/ttps://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v7.0.5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

don't forget that tomorrow /hbg/ will turn into /vita/

don't bother showing up with your Wii U questions, or begging for cia dumps.

Second for DS from SD was worth waiting for.

Obligatory reminder that DS rom loading from SD why worth waiting for

>implying

How come?

Pokemon

>don't forget that tomorrow /hbg/ will turn into /vita/
wait whats happpening with vita tommorow?

Nothing. Vita users are so retarded, they won't realize that the date in the OP is wrong.

27th is NA, 29th is EU
this was confirmed on twitter

Henkaku Enso, the full coldboot CFW for the Vita that's been teased all summer and that had a leaked version in June.

Diamond/Pearl.

If there are lags on top of that, I don't know if I could cope.

neat what firmware do you need?

3.60, just like all the current exploits

I think the point made is that it's making progress, which is more than anyone thought would happen.
Reading the GBAtemp thread, it seems like they know why other games don't work, so I would assume they're looking for ways to get around it.

The whole ARM7 binary swapping was already a hack. I'm impressed it got this far. I'm also impressed that they got the upper 12MB RAM workiing - I wonder why they opted for

Was any research done on the miitopia amiibo unlocks in the savedata?
Because i'm about to start and i'd like to know if i'm wasting my time or not looking into it.

wait, where was this confirmed?

Can a game played through CFW run significantly worse than the equivalent legit game?
I'm trying to play Drakengard 3 and I swear the framerate isn't supposed to be that bad, even YT videos of the game seem to run way better than that.

Nowhere. He's just talking out of his ass.

I don't own a Vita but I wouldn't mind this at all. Anything to slow down the constant shitposting rampages a bit.

So, if I have an o3DS with cfw and legit four swords, is it possible to mod a n3ds xl 11.5 -and- recover that account after system transferring it?

I mean, would system transferring back even work well -while- leaving that n3ds xl modded? I'm just asking because a friendo wants his modded.

Flat cfw when

May be possible, but I don't see why it would be.

Just checking if there's a known issue with PS3 CFW in general, or something stupid setting that if you activate will fuck your performance for some reason.
I've hear DEX can run games worse but I'm on CEX I'm pretty sure.

STOP
REMOVING
THE WII GUIDE

You could try disabling cobra if you're using Rebug

>tomorrow
Ahahahahaha watch how IS gonna be delayed to the end of the month then to next month

Yeah man. Cant wait for the literal nothing new and talk about how im saving myself 6 seconds of booting henkaku from my email.

Yes
You can talk to Nintendo on chat, and explain that you got "stolen"/"lost" your recently transferred 3ds and they change it back
Be sure to make a full backup before.

It's not going to be delayed. And neither was it supposed to be released tomorrow.
It was always the July 29th as that was the day HENkaku was released and this is going to be its 1st anniversary.

3.61 WHEN

It came out a few weeks after HENkaku was released.
August 17th or so.

i have a 3.55 PS3 rebug
any risk or autoupdating if i enable wifi?

no autoupdates, but why aren't you on latest rebug?

Wouldn't that stop me from being able to load backups though?

i just got it
it's on 4.81 , is that OK for P4 apparently
do i need to sort my backups when on a USB in any way?

No, Cobra is for plugins like WebMAN. Your basic CFW will still work without it.

Yeah had to activate the BD emulator in multiman apparently.
Console wasn't set up by me so and I'm new at this so I'm making dumb mistakes, shit is more complex than anything else I've ever dealt with too.

>use gbc vc injector
>save the .cia
>"An exception occurred. Invalid directory"
Nani? What is this tranny garbage? Is tuxsh sticking his dirty fingers into every pie?

>nintendo bans my 3ds
oh no wait they didn't because im not a retard who fell for tranny cfw meme
>order a new 3ds xl from amazon anyway
>choose same day day delivery
>arrives at my doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds the money
>use that money to buy a vita and 64 gb card
>choose no rush shipping because vita has no games
>arrives at doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds my money
>use that money to order myself a pizza from domino's
oh wait i dont because domino's is trash
>go to based little caesars instead
>get a hot n ready pepperoni pizza
oh wait i dont because im not a poorfag
>go to costco
>order a cheese pizza
>go home and eat my pizza
get on my level niggas. and fuck nintendo and sony and domino's and fuck little ceasar's

>user error
>fucking tranny
Have some self confidence, fuck.

Yeah, about that.

I'm in the market for a DS flashcart nowadays, because TWLoader doesn't play anything for me. I used to have an R4, but I bought it way back in 2012 and ended up giving it away when my DS broke and I was left with only a 3DS. Don't I have egg on my face now?

I was wondering if this was a good site.
r4ds-ds.com/products/R4i-Gold-3DS-Card-p-246.html#

BEGONE TRANNY SHILL

>TWLoader doesn't play anything for me
don't worry, it doesn't play anything for anyone else either

You can get that card for less on gbatenp's sponsor site. They literally can't fuck you over since you could complain about them to the forum and they'd lose their biggest pool of buyers.

works on my machine

sugoi Ruby-chan

Don't lie

Don't be retarded.

I believe it. I did everything perfectly several times over and still got nothing to function. I can get to SM64DS's title screen, but it crashes soon after.

Fucking hell, I didn't know that was a thing. I don't suppose you can spoonfeed me on that front?

Updated my homebrewed 3DS the other day, I had done the homebrew about a year ago now I can't boot normally, just through the bootloader. Is there a way to update or do I have to start from the beginning? Luma wasn't available or a popular option at the time so I don't have it on the 3DS, just
A9HL.

A9LH has been supplanted by boot9strap. See the pastebin.

>supplanted
Fucking lol, this is definitely not the correct word

I looked but what's confusing is where to start for someone who already has A9HL without staying on the latest N3DS update in the process.

HBg is not the smarts.

nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

Supplanted = replaced. Stupid nigger, get back in your cage.

3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

Huh, I think I might have ordered from this place to no avail. I'll give it a go, thanks user.

How large are sysnand dumps supposed to be?

"supplant" implies that it's an actual improvement

>to no avail.
If it happens again, bring it up on gbatemp. It's their biggest sponsor, so I'm sure they'll have something to say about it.

>replaced
>a9lhx
>b9s
Back to the sausage fest tranny, don't stop sucking that feminine dick.

if 3ds, around 1GB, theres a section in the guide that has the exact sizes for the 3ds' models

You're not seriously implying that B9S didn't replace A9LH, right? Luma isn't the only one to use it and it has nothing to do with the degenerate duo, ya know?

Where is it? The guide has changed since I last saw that part.

I hand out archived links for a9lhx whenever I can.
Get fucked loser, a9lhx is the master race.

Where did you find Miitopia US CIA?

Nah, it might have been a different site. They all look the same to me.

No it doesn't. It just means it was replaced, which is objectively true.

Have fun being obsolete, you dumb shit.

Fucking Veeky Forums, you can never get a straight answer. You could say right someone would say left everytime.

Nowhere. EUR masterrace.

>not maintaining your own private forks and solving issues yourself
>with no aurora to keep you waiting
>or a tux fuccboi to ruin it
Brainlets. When will they ever learn?

>a9lh
>Obsolete
>Can be on 11.5 with full functionality
>Can play pirated games
>Can use custom themes and badges
>Can play games online
>Can boot without the SD card in
>Can take screenshots and use cheats
Wait, so what's the point of b9s again?

Just checked again on an ISO forum regarding 3DS, the EU version has just been posted! Unclear if US demo saves transfer, but no mii central access it seems.

>I hand out archived links for a9lhx whenever I can.
First off, no you don't. I'm in this general all the time and as far as I know, I'm the only one who actually answers people who ask about updating Luma pre-7.0 and other A9LH woes.
Second, I suggest against updating to B9S, at least for now, since it doesn't add anything yet.

Why you gotta lie on the internet, bud?

Is the Hyperdimension Rebirth 1 in the games download link a bad dump?

fugg

>implying that's not the case on every open forum
If you want an echo chamber, go back to tumblr or neogaf.

>I'm in this general all the time
>implying anyone would ever recommend /hbg/ as tech support now
The people I talk to come to me, not this shithole.

What can you do with A9LH that you cannot do with 9S?

lol who the fuck even are you?
One of the helplets on the [Discord]?

You're so dumb man I'm the one asking how to update my A9HL and debating on getting B9S. Anything to argue, I swear these 14 year olds have killed the internet.

Looking around on here, I found:
nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=146

Anybody know if R4i-SDHC is any good? I only want DS games, so I know I could go for a plain R4 if I really wanted.

you can literally do all of the exact same things with both of them
B9S just has shitty support

Superior cfw in cakes and corbenik.

>this damage control
;^)

You can use Luma versions below 7.1.
You can also restore your 3DS to stock, something you're completely unable to do after B9S.
Luma 7.1 is BASICALLY 7.0.5 but B9S exclusive, and 8.0 up is bad, so there's also no reason to update yet.

Hey, at least be glad that nobody called you out on writing "A9LH" incorrectly in all of your posts

Some guy who hacks people's systems. Leave your basement, go back to school, and find someone like me at a campus. Any campus that's high school or higher, there's always a guy some people know.

How is the homebrew scene on 3DS? Which emulators does it support?
I'm asking this because my old DS lite died on me, I used it mostly to play GB/GBA and ZX spectrum and now I don't know if I should buy another cheap ds lite or save up for a N3DS.

Chances are you don't need to update A9LH, since it hasn't been updated since, I believe, October of 2016.
In the event that you're not on the latest version, use this archived guide. All the links should still work, but they'll load slowly for some reason.
web.archive.org/web/20170519190133/ttps://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh

Updating Luma to 7.0.5 is as easy as replacing the arm9loaderhax.bin on your SD root.
Use this:
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v7.0.5

It's a good card, and will do most of the stuff the other card does.
I do recall there were some differences but I can't remember what. The site generally does a really good job telling you what each card can be used for lower on the page.

>GB/GBA
These have virtual console support. You can inject a rom into the emulators or find premade versions all over 3DSISO.

>ZX spectrum
I think there's an emulator for it, but I've never even thought to try it.

Yeah, they both say DS games work, I was just wondering if there was anything I should look out for that isn't mentioned. I'll probably grab one of these and an 8 GB microSD or something.

Someone add this to the OP.

>How is the homebrew scene on 3DS
Completely autistic
>Which emulators does it support
NES, SNES, GB/C, SMS, Genesis, GG, TG16, MAME, RPG Maker 2000/2003, Wonderswan, Lynx, Commodore, etc etc. Also a couple more advanced things like Playstation and Virtual Boy but they run like shit and there's no progress on development for those.
You can play GBA games natively with injection, DS games natively with any flashcart, and 3DS games natively (obviously).
You can also install custom home menu themes, custom badges (home menu decorations), take screenshots, stream gameplay to a PC, use cheats, and use various other homebrew applications that can do various neat things like back up/restore savedata and store pokemon without paying for PokeBank.

With a DS Lite, you can play GBA games and DS games.

Not sure if I fucked with the update that came with it but it said successfully installed. Game doesn't show up in mai loading mode though. May try a different dump

If all you're using it for is DS, GB/GBA, and Spectrum, you could save money and just fix up an old DS lite.

The 3DS can do all of those things as well, but unless you're going to upgrade anyway I don't know if it's worth it.

If I've followed the latests 3DS guide from the OP, do I still need to concern myself if a CIA rom is firmware spoofed or not, or can I just download any CIA from the download section?

>check friend's list
>i'm banned
>replace LFCS
>check friend's list
>says i need to update to use this feature
the fuck

Are you fucking retarded? this is OLD news.

You have to beat the game and have an amiibo to unlock. Beating the game without amiibo won't unlock anything so stop fuck off you sperg.

...what support does B9S not provide?

Shit what support does it even need? It's pretty brainless to install.

>You can also restore your 3DS to stock, something you're completely unable to do after B9S.
Bullshit