Why did they think giving it an open differential was a good idea?

Why did they think giving it an open differential was a good idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/features/whats-the-diff-we-put-torque-vectoring-to-the-test-feature
youtu.be/DVxLgbMfL_k?t=358
youtube.com/watch?v=jQzhIjVHBRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=af1JhPIOhg4
wardsauto.com/10-best-interiors/nothin-amor-alfa-romeo-giulia
caranddriver.com/comparisons/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-vs-bmw-m3-cadillac-ats-v-mercedes-amg-c63-s-comparison-test
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But it has a locked diff.
A shitty one but it is locked

>But it has a locked diff
No it doesn't.

Why would you use an LSD when you can spread output on demand?
An LSD is a simple mechanical solution to a problem, electronic torque vectoring is a simple mechanical solution controlled via the ECU/BCU like everything else in a modern car.

It has a torque vectoring diff, you fucking imbeciles.

So that's why it's so shit for hooning and fun stuff

More like a gay vectoring diff.

A torque vectoring diff pretty much acts like an open diff. Lexus uses them and they spin the inner wheel more often than kicking the tail.
It's the haldex of diffs

>t. guy who's never seen one let alone been allowed to drive any car in this market segment

The Lexus you mentioned has been tested back to back against the Torsen which is about as good as mechanical LSD's get, and the Torsen lost.

Watch carwow giulia vs M3.
The giulia is shit for donuts and hooning.

It is shit for hooning and fun stuff though compared to a BMW for example. Breathe on the throttle in a BMW and the diff locks, you can stamp on the Alfa's throttle mid-corner and it'll just build an understeer.

Why in fuck would you buy a car that expensive to do skids in when a car less than half the price can do the same shit?

Why would anyone pay that much for a car that cucks you is a better question

People have always bought the M3 for fun, donuts and skids, cuck

eh?
This makes them less retarded how exactly?

What if I work a job where I need to look presentable so can't drive a 3K Civic, but also want to do hektik skids on the weekends?

Then buy a presentable car and a car for hectic skids? That way when you fuck the one doing skids, you've still got a car.

>half the price
What car are you referring to??

>I want to fuck up my tires everytime I do a simple turn
Fuck off, ricer.

It's been proved those torque vectoring diffs are god like for ACTUALLY going fast.

Take your pic user, I'm not going to spoonfeed you a list of a few dozen cars which cost half what an M3, Guilia or C63 cost and are capable of turning the back tyres on demand.

So you're saying that instead of simply buying a BMW, Jag or Merc, someone should buy the Quadrifoglio and a 15 year old 330i?

Yeah but some people want a car to be quick, a good daily driver and a good fun car, M3 ticks all those boxes that's why it's selling so well and that's why there are so many M3 knockoffs in the market nowadays.

Honestly user, how in the fuck did you come to that conclusion?

I'm sure some people do and they don't need to spend M3 money to achieve it tbqh.

Then again if people only bought old beaters for fun there wouldn't be a market for sports sedans.

I'd suggest your average hectic skids car shopper who was cashed up would be far more likely to buy something like a Charger/Challenger Hellcat than an M3.

Then I guess all the manufacturers that use LSDs and electronic diffs are retarded.
Tyres can be replaced easily. Torque vectoring differentials are expensive, heavy, complex and have an impact on fuel consumption.
Feel free to suck on them more though just because an italian car is using it you budget wop.

Yeah tell that to 80% of M3 owners who actually beat on their cars, that they could have bought a cheaper car that could do the same stuff.

>beat on a car = hectic skids

beating on a car is hooning, drifts, donuts etc.

>heavy
>still manages to be lighter than a base M3
>still manages to be superior on track
l m a o

>lighter
Giulia weighs around 1700kg, M3 weighs around 1600kg.
>superior on track
loses to the m3 in every head to head track battle.
The only place where the giulia excels is straight line performance, but it gets btfo by the C63 in that too.

>still manages to be superior on track
I think the M3 is dogshit but lets not get silly.

>moves goalpost from diff weight to car weight.
We are talking about the giulia. Why are you so insecure to bring the M3 up?

Beating on an M3 is driving it hard at high speed, actually using the monster brakes it has.
Doing skids is doing skids, doesn't matter what your car choice is it's pretty retarded
>My diesel Triton can do hectic skids, I should do this because otherwise I'm not beating on my car

1584 in my country famalam.

>caranddriver.com/features/whats-the-diff-we-put-torque-vectoring-to-the-test-feature
The interesting bit is where the torque vectored Lexus understeers less than the LSD variant.

Lightest giulia quadrifoglio i could find is the french one with next to no options at 1620kg, but the french m3 competition is still lighter at 1560kg.

It has a limited slip differential

Literally every review of it states it has one. Wtf are you guys on? You can even get a mechanical limited slip diff on the 280hp base model 2.0t

>It has a limited slip differential
It doesn't though.

They’re tied against each other. Out of the 12 tracks, both have 6 wins each. With the competition package though, the m4/m3 is faster.

However, Car & Driver and MotorTrend both rate the Giulia QV as number 1 because it was the most fun to drive which is the most important IMO

Literally on the fucking website you illiterate nigger

Fun is subjective
As previously said the giulia can't be hooned which takes away from the fun
The giulia also doesnt have a manual so minus fun points there.
On top of that it's pretty heavy at 3800lbs while the m3 weighs roughly 3600lbs.

That isn't the Quadrifoglio.

Also:

>taking pictures of the screen

It can't do slow speed skids, at least according to some. It sure as shit can do fast ones, which is what actually matters at this performance point.

Go to 6:00

youtu.be/DVxLgbMfL_k?t=358

???

The tyres are too sticky, P Zeros are practically street legal semi slicks.
That, paired with its torque vectoring diff and a conventional autotragic = no fun allowed

What did they meant?

youtube.com/watch?v=jQzhIjVHBRQ

Delete this.

>CARWOW UK
>UK

Ayy lmao

>expecting english men not to talk shit about Alfa Romeo

>4C (normal mode) vs Cayman timed lap.mp4

Eh guess it’s a subjective thing.

I’ve driven the f80 m3/m4 about 4 times with 1 of those being equipped with the competition package. Driven a Giulia Ti w/performance package and a QV. Personally didn’t like the overly rough nature of the m3, the way the engine sounded under throttle (fake engine sound too), and the steering didn’t feel as direct. I had more fun in the base Giulia than the M3.

I do wish they offered a manual option in the Giulia though

>THE CAR ISN'T SHIT, HONEST, JUST BIASED REVIEWERS
Kill yourself.

It's all ok, it's ok.

Have a video: youtube.com/watch?v=af1JhPIOhg4

It isn't as direct, 2 turns lock to lock is a silly fast rack

Fun, I'm sure as shit not looking to do donuts in a car like that for fun, I can do that in anything including my truck, Im gonna stretch its legs for fun.

>an AWD car with the engine ahead of the front axle is bad at drifting
Whoa...

At least the RS6 doesn't sound like a hairdryer lmao.

Just the fact that a (older) 430hp car can hang with a 510hp car on track already shows how much better the BMW chassis is.

Obviously the fact that the m3 has been developed and improved through many years has literally nothing to do with that.

Of course it's true. That's why there have been so many so called ''M3 killers'' yet nobody could ever really beat BMW at their own game. It's just the best all-rounder.
Same with the M5 - despite the tight competition the M5 still has that perfect harmony others are trying to match.

I'm gonna pass on the fact that the lexus conducted test is used to shill the torque vectoring diff that the car comes with, and see the other stats.
>Gains 41 pounds
>loses almost 1% from weight distribution
>"But hey, now our barge is 0.4 seconds faster!"
You can literally stiffen the antiroll bar and gain 0.4 seconds just from that.
>But muh steering angle
Quicker steering ratios can help. Just because it looks like it's an ocean liner, it doesnt need to drive like one.

Both have gotten replaced on the hierarchy in their respective categories. Especially the M5, which has gotten raped it’s rivals. The m3 got dethroned by the C63 and Giulia QV. It we’re talking about things outside of laptimes

What things besides lap times does the c63 or alfa do better than the M3?
Definitely not interiors and definitely not sales figures.
Also see M5 F90.

The current M3 could not be more boring.

>Definitely not interiors

Oh yes, it really does, also it's actually driveable as a car for everyday with comfortable suspension (for a sports sedan they really are) setup and it isn't as nervous as the M3, also the steering is way better.

C63 and Giulia both have low interior quality.
C63 has soft suspension but if you want comfort you'd be looking at an E class.
C63 steering is very numb and Alfa steering is too sharp.

>C63 and Giulia both have low interior quality.

But I already said it's not true user, pay attention.

wardsauto.com/10-best-interiors/nothin-amor-alfa-romeo-giulia

Driven all 3 and would say the C63 definitely has the best interior of the 3 while also having the best sound system (burmester). I would agree on the Giula having the least nice interior of the 3. M3’s interior is nothing to write home about though imo.

caranddriver.com/comparisons/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-vs-bmw-m3-cadillac-ats-v-mercedes-amg-c63-s-comparison-test

C63 has the best interior according to this test

It looks nice but the actual quality and fit and finish is lacking. That is noted by literally everyone who has reviewer the alfa
C63 has the best looking inteior while the M3 has higher quality, more supportive seats and better multimedia.
I've driven the new C63 as well as every other new AMG car because I work at a Benz dealership.

>That is noted by literally everyone who has reviewer the alfa

So how do you explain that award from a company specialized in reviewing cars interiors? I mean from every point of view including fit and finish, quality, materials, design, etc..

The Giulia is far from being perfect and it has room to become better inside with the next model years (just sit into a Stelvio and see for yourself how they improved the cabin) but seriously this car is well made and denying that is stupid if you're not a (((professional reviewer))) aka protecting the interests of your magazine's sponsors and whoever makes AD insertions on it.

>C63 has the best looking inteior
Umm?

see a lot of its SUV cousin around metro detroit -- what a horrible execution. it's so fucking bland

>company specialized in reviewing cars interiors
Wards is not specialized in reviewing car interiors. They are simple car journalists.
They don't care about interior build quality, reminder that the 2016 Camaro interior was named as one of the best interiors of 2016.
The Giulias lacking interior quality is mentioned in literally every review including those reviews where the Giulia is getting praised, no need to be ignorant.

Not manual, don't give a shit. Next.

*blocks your path*

You can't get it with a manual in countries that matter. No one fucking cares that you can buy a manual Alfa in Lithuania.

>t. butthurt RHD driver or amerimutt

why did they think putting a surprised, yet aroused anime face on it was a good idea?

Because

( O =V= O )

(Oo =V= oO)

>C63 has the best looking inteior
>liking the floating ipad meme

So the same as my Fiesta ST?

Doesn't the Fiesta use brake vectoring?

Sure ok maybe in a few years I will be able to import one of these but literally why would I? I can spend a little more on an m3 with a few options and have a better handling car that also goes to 60 faster. The quadrifolio handles like shit on my $3000 sim rig in assetto so why would it do better in real life? There is no steering feel and it is loose and sloppy until you break traction and it becomes snappy and quick to rotate. This is retarded and the opposite of how a proper car (like an M3) should handle. It should be easy to steer and slow to spin. I get the same times on the nurburgring with both but I am more relaxed and happy in the m3, and I crash less. The m3 makes a race track feel like a drive to work and the quadrifoglio does the opposite. It's a benchracer car.

I forgot to mention in the post but I do think this car is very beautiful. If you just wanted something nice looking and sounding to drive to work in that is COMPLETELY reasonable.

>The quadrifolio handles like shit on my $3000 sim rig in assetto

Refute me. Professional drivers use sim rigs to learn braking and shifting points. Stop acting like every motherfucker can afford to test every car in the real world unless they are in automotive media.

Refute what? That the car handles badly in Assetto? Why would I, it's a game.

No. It is not a game. It's a simulator.

>vroom vroom

I race real cars and asseto feels like the real deal to me.

>the car drives bad in a fucking video game so that means it must be bad in real life
Wew laddie....hope this is bait

If not, get off your NEET ass, borrow your moms car, and go to an Alfa dealership and drive a one. The Giulia QV is ranked #1 by Car and Driver while also winning “car of the year award” from Motor Trend. Yet you think it drives like shit because of your video game.....

Show me a timestamped picture of both your m3 and your quadrifoglio. What's that, you don't have both? Then sit down and shut the fuck up you fucking faggot.

Wow I'm going to get to drive a car with supervision and never push it beyond the limits I'm sure that is going to teach me SOOO much about how it handles on the track.

>Muhhhh mpgeesssss
>Ruining tires is okay lolmao, esp the expensive ones those cars generaly use
Consider suicide brainlet.

Point out where I judged either car, unlike yourself who judges cars based on virtual performance.

M5 is being cucked since that f10 abomination

I admitted to judging them based on virtual performance unlike all those car reviewers who never admitted to the fact that stunt drivers were used to film any cool shots you see in the videos so they never actually took the car beyond it's limits.

When you say that something is the best rated car in response to me saying it is a shitty car I can infer that your opinion is that I am wrong.

You used the car for street use and it felt like a race car to you because that is the point of an Alpha Romeo. If you like Alphas that is your own personal opinion but don't expect soneone who has been racing since the age of 5 to agree with you. It's ok to like Alphas, I just don't.

That's a whole lot of inference there user, nearly all of which is wrong. My whole point, in the handful of words I wrote was wtf are you judging cars IRL based on their performance in a virtual environment. I'm sure as shit not going to start judging a Deutz tractor because it may be a POS in Farming Sim or a Volvo because it's rubbish in Euro Truck Sim.
I've never touched either car, may not ever touch one and the only M I've ever driven was an E34 M5, it was great.

KEKKKKKKKKKKKKK FUCK