Redpill me on the z31 300zx

Redpill me on the z31 300zx

Other urls found in this thread:

xenonzcar.com/z31/autotomanualswap.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

T-tops are lame and the digital dashboards are all fucked.

wat about it

Imagine what cars made today are gonna be like in 20-30 years, literally none of the features will still be functional, it's gonna be a fucking disaster

get out of my thread disgusting tripfag withy our irrelevant posts, fuck off

Nah

Also why would anyone get that when you can get a 280zx, much better car

Better than the z32 for half the price.

When datsun still made actual cars.

If you don't have money or time to put into keeping it running, don't bother.

Dash doesn't work, and won't work unless you are electric wizard, pretty ok engines quite simple mechanically.
Quite fat, does not handle, slugish, auto is shit, v6 camry is faster, if you want to mod it you have to overnight parts from anime land, only pros is its wool interior which is superior to leather, but it will be most likely moldy due to those terrible t-tops leaking, and/or rust floor.

Not gonna lie loled pretty hard, you need to say that Z33 was better than Z32 too because muh murcian oriented Z xDDD
Z32 is better every way, was offered in coupe not only those pesky leaky t-tops, twin turbo engine that can be modified pretty easily even up to 500hp, doesn't have to overnight parts from japan, and handles way better especially at high speeds. (Source: ex z32 slicktop turbo manual owner)

Unreliable POS that is hard as shit to work on.

Source: watched my brother fight with one for 4 years before finally giving up on it and buying an FR-S

Maybe if you and your brother weren't fucking all the time, he'd be able to change a fucking spark plug.

>electric wizard
>fix a couple of weak solder joints on the dash psu board

I fixed mine in under an hour, you're just fucking lazy.

>was offered in coupe not only those pesky leaky t-tops,

So was the z31 you mongoloid.

There were even less of those produced than Z32, most of them rusted away, haven't seen any on old continent.
Can't do electric work neither could my friend who gave it some electrician, it worked for few months after it started going all hazy again finding working one is next to impossible considering how rare those cars are.

Funny enough, we shared my Miata for those 4 years. Uni was a rough time for both of us.

I owned a modded turbo 87 Z31 for a few years. AMA. It's currently rusting away in someone's yard after I sold it to them after blowing the engine. The ultimate poorfag go-fast car

You idiots know the z31 came with an analog dash too and it's far more common than the digital or are you just talking out of your ass like everything else here, fucking camry owners

You can get a slick-top and analog dash.

Its heavy for its age, like most of the z's

why would anyone get that when you can get an s30, much better car

Not everyone has 10k to spend on an over rated car.

Price mostly, plus who wants to be one of those dudes who obsesses over 240s

it aint the z32

so it's not a complete pile of shit

Working on my right now boys, have had it a few weeks, just vacuumed the interior, put in new speakers, replaced hatch struts and my hood were too small from ebay. I'm having some clunking when turning and changing gears, any ideas?

NOT SO FAST NEGATIVE NANCY!

>have Z31 with digital dash
>it's fucked
>by one with computer for $200 off ebay
>it's also fucked
>put ebay computer + my dash
>IT WORKS!
>tell ebay seller his dash doesn't work but the computer does and I want a partial refund
>he doesn't want to give me fuck all of a refund
>complain to paypal
>the get me full refund (but I have to send it all back)
>very carefully take apart Ebay computer and swap the motherboard with my computer
>put it all back together perfectly (even lined the screws up with the locktite stains)
>send back ebay dash and computer case with my broken motherboard
>now have working dash
>only cost me $20 in return postage

Feels good man.

>does not handle

Handles pretty damn good compared to similar size/era cars, front struts are right at the front of the engine and it's set up from the factory to be more or less a "sports car".

>implying that imbred retard knew what a computer was and didn't buy that entire Z for $20 for scrap to try to make 10k on overpriced parts on ebay

fuck him, good on you for dicking all these scumbag part resellers hoarding everything.

t. not paying $80 for a 31 year old window motor

It didn't have to be that way!
All I was asking for was $100 refund + he pays return postage but the dickhead wouldn't do it.

This, they handle just fine for a sub 3000lb car. im surprised kids haven't started scooping them up considering their cheaper than 240's and making them into drift missles

>so many pristine z31s nearby for affordable prices
>all fucking autotragic

Is a manual swap a bad idea with only a mild amount of experience?

because turbos hold boost better with an automatic pleb

>muh feel of the engine
>stroking carcock

xenonzcar.com/z31/autotomanualswap.html

yes

Shares a power plant with the 80s maxima.

I'm workin on it.

too fat n heavy to be a sports car not very chuckable like a sports car should be

bump

This.

Why do people say that the Maxima is so slow if it has the same transmission and engine as le sports car z31 but the maxima weighs less?

Really aesthetic if you can get them to work but good luck with that. They're slow too.

Cause 115kw from 3.0l is pretty dismal but you're right, the Z31 is slow by any modern standard.
Also I think they're damn close to the same weight, which is somewhat telling given that the Maxima is a useful daily.

I hope you enjoy 8 point U-turns.
Easy car to take apart and put back together. Engine/trans swaps are easy too if you're into that sort of thing

redbill me on 80s nissan sedans

Go for it, Nissan has fallen from grace in modern times but there's nothing wrong with a VG and other than being plain there's no reason not to choose a Maxima against it's Jap counterparts.

>Can't find any in 100 mile radius rip