/nintyg/ - Nintendo General: You're an Anime now Edition

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and the games released on them, as well as Nintendo mobile games.
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /mk8g/

>Important News
「!」4.7 million Nintendo Switch consoles shipped: nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-q1-financial-results-fy32018-switch-at-4-7-million-shipped-total/
「!」Nintendo Switch Online voice app has been released and it's awful: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.znca
「!」CoroCoro are making a Splatoon anime: nintendoeverything.com/corocoro-making-a-splatoon-anime/
「!」New 3DS production ended in Japan: gematsu.com/2017/07/new-3ds-production-ended-japan
「!」Cave Story+ adding classic graphics in August: nintendoeverything.com/cave-story-adding-classic-graphics-in-august/
「!」Kamiko has sold over 110,000 copies: nintendoeverything.com/kamiko-has-sold-over-110000-copies/
「!」WWE 2K18 coming to Switch in October, first details: nintendoeverything.com/wwe-2k18-coming-to-switch-alongside-other-platforms-in-october-first-details/
「!」Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 launches for Switch in North America and Europe on September 22: twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/884398377886113792
「!」Watch the Splatoon 2 direct here: youtube.com/watch?v=GnIAN06eSAE

>Upcoming Releases
JP - nintendo.co.jp/schedule/index.html
NA - nintendo.com/games/coming-soon/
PAL - nintendo.co.uk/Games/Upcoming-Games/Upcoming-Games-753286.html

>3DS Model Comparisons
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Charts
Switch - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/amiibo-igcc-switch1.jpg?w=646
3DS - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibo-igcc-3ds3.jpg?w=646
Wii U - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibo-igcc-wiiu4.jpg?w=646

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JdA58TpoWTclO-IAQhWoulnSWNyr52atb01U7bzEd80/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N4FuQfumzSvTMGNSFvd3w-y-Fm-WJAmmyYolt0k_Mx4/edit?usp=sharing
nintendo.com/games/detail/pokemon-snap-wii-u
youtube.com/watch?v=M2mZS_p4A7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=jPWjS_jI6Vo
youtube.com/watch?v=fUkXPeL82DI
youtu.be/ifvxBt7tmA8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Zel is a nigger

Oh great, new thread.

>third best selling game in Japan this week

What went right?

Are these threads dead? Anyway, here's a list I just made of every Nintendo Switch officially-licensed first-party and third-party accessories and peripherals: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JdA58TpoWTclO-IAQhWoulnSWNyr52atb01U7bzEd80/edit?usp=sharing

Why did you delete it?
I know someone that will love to see that.

I was going to add a picture to get more attention

you are like a little baby
watch this

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N4FuQfumzSvTMGNSFvd3w-y-Fm-WJAmmyYolt0k_Mx4/edit?usp=sharing

Well fuck I give up
Your's doesn't include any third-party licensed accessories tho

Just picked up my 3ds again after like one year of not using it.
Any must plays?
Please exclude any shit that has turn based combat or whatever this just makes me mad

New 3DS owner.
Just ordered:
Rune Factory 4
Etrian Odyssey 4
Animal Crossing New Leaf ~welcome amiibo
Fire Emblem Awakening
Mario Kart 7

How did I do?

Also I already own Dragon Quest 8, Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 3D Land.

I quit drinking beer to afford all this.

You could have got all those for free but at least you stopped drinking beer.

this

Nah I couldn't, my 3ds came with 11.4.

I think now you can hack your 3ds no matter its version. Check the pastebins on top.

You don't need third party stuff, bro.
Let Nintendo take you on their wild ride.

You bought used or something?

Wrong general retard

Came that way from the factory. Galaxy style one. They must be cracking down.

AYYYY

>add funds to eShop on 3DS
>says "Japan" between the new balance and the "OK" button

What?

Post screenshot

How do you pass screenshots from the Switch to a PC?

move sd card to pc, post on twitter/facebook and download from twitter/facebook on pc. dropbox never sadly

Can't you do it without Twitter or Facebook?

no, they want you to advertise their games when you pass

Rabi-Ribi Switch port when?

I'm looking for a comfy RPG that I can play while simultaneously watching a tv show.

I currently have all 3 Fire Emblem games, DQ8 and Pokemon Sun.

Any recommendations?

Miitopia

Thank you for your interest in the Super Nintendo Entertainment System – Classic Edition. As you are aware, this is a highly sought after console that will launch later this fall.

Unfortunately, due to a technical glitch, the Super Nintendo Classic Edition was mistakenly made available last Friday evening ahead of the official release date. We, regrettably, will have to cancel this item on your order. We know that this is incredibly disappointing to you, and we’re truly sorry for this mistake

>not emulating

It just doesn't feel right.

>still nothing on kirby switch

Oh boy, another modern Kirby that's gonna have shitty feeling controls, a weak 2.5D aesthetic, a cutesy key character villain with Rayman hands, and a gimmick that's only there for marketing purposes. So fresh and exciting. To be fair though, the gimmick this time looks cool.

More interested in the fighting game on 3DS we know literally nothing about, though chances are those sluggish controls the recent games all have will hurt it a lot like it did Kirby Fighters as even a minigame distraction.

What 3DS games let you play as a sheep?

Fantasy Life might be good for that if you like grinding a lot.

who gives a shit about the premise or graphics
i just want to stab waddle dees' faces in with a flaming sword

>server maintenance starts while in in the middle of a match
Welp.

Then why do you care about news? Sounds like you could just go back and pick up Crystal Shards or Squeak Squad if that's all you want.

Went to a MK8 tournament today, completely threw me off as the rules required standard kart, wheels and kite because im used to baby+yoshi bike

What character has the best usage or stats whatever to use the standard kart? Thinking about character weights

got both, finished both 100%
same with KSSU, TDX, Robobot, and RtDL
looking for new abilities, new combinations between them, and what both can do. also looking forward to any new helpers
it's all about the abilities for me

Dont kid yourself. The switch won't get games.

uh
>botw
>mario odyssey
>kirby switch
>metroid prime 4
>ARMS
>sonic mania
>sonic forces
>mainline pokemon game
>splatoon 2
>yoshi game
>mighty gunvolt burst
>blaster master zero
>shovel knight
>many more that i'm too lazy to list

I went to a mkx competition. Mk8 is so outdated.

Ports, ports and more ports.

>mainline pokemon game
nintendo.com/games/detail/pokemon-snap-wii-u

which ones?
all i see are definitive versions of the games

There is no proof of main line pokemon. It has not been announced. We ARE getting another mainline pokemon game for 3ds in november though.

I want to eat Minmin.

It was announced at E3. They literally said "Game Freak is making a core Pokemon RPG for Switch."

Pokemon snap is a RPG

liar

youtube.com/watch?v=M2mZS_p4A7Y
9:26
"Game Freak has begun developing a core RPG Pokemon title on Nintendo Switch."

I took that to mean Mystery Dungeon or something teebeeaych.

Pokemon Snap is an on rails shooter

How many of these are out and/or good though?

Don't listen to either reply, both are some of the absolute worst games in the 3DS library. Try Etrian Odyssey, Picross, Animal Crossing, Shantae, and Shin Megami Tensei.

pic

>comfy rpg
>picross
ok

Zelda, Splatoon, MGV, BMZ, and Shovel knight, and also mario kart
plus mania's releasing in like two weeks

the console just released this year, you can't expect things to reach top momentum out of the gate

you roleplay as the stylus moron

didn't see rpg : )
try the bravely games
all are ports

>all are ports
Didn't you hear? It's okay when Nintendo does it! Not like those cucks at Microsoft!

I have nothing but respect for companies like Square and Capcom who decided to dump Nintendo for Sony. Supporting the PlayStation was the best possible decision in the fifth generation of consoles.

Pokemon snap you are roleplaying a guy with a camera on a rollercoaster.

Splatoon 2 is new, mighty gunvolt burst was released on the switch first, and blaster master zero and zelda were released for both the switch and older systems simultaneously

and besides, what's wrong with being able to take console games on the go?

W H E N

in which metroid game is bomb jumping the easiest?
my guess is zero mission

The shitty thing about Zelda is once you stop playing and come back months later, you don't know what the hell to do
I'm in the TP Water Temple and shit's fugg

Have you tried sticking it up your asshole? Because you sound like a fag.

In SM you just have to press the bomb button to the beat of Lower Norfair to do it.

What do you think the arms characters look like naked?

Oh fuck, this is those little assholes from san-x right? What's the gameplay? I already know there's like zero chance of an export but it looks cute af

I imagine that nintendo miis have no dicks, as they have no other appendages.

Arms is even worse. They are all just faggots because its the worst rushed shit game ive ever played

Iktf, that's why I always try to get through dungeons in one sitting.

>the twilight of Nintendo handhelds is upon us
Kind of depressing, in a way. Or maybe the switch is the future, I guess

I've got a question for anyone playing Splatoon and using Discord. Has anyone tried running audio through a capture card through PC? is there any lag? Right now I've got my switch plugged into my monitor with speakers and just using discord with headphone/mic set up next to it.

I still don't believe that the switch is the new "handheld." There's going to be a new dedicated handheld, i'm pretty sure of it. I've never seen any official release by nintendo that indicates the switch is supposed to completely replace the 3ds.

And if not, fuck that, I can deal until there's a new dedicated handheld, and if there never is another one I can also deal. I don't like home consoles.

Honestly, my biggest suspicion is that nintendo is going to develop their own smartphone and exclusive games but I have zero proof of this, it's just a gut feeling. I don't think I really like the idea, not a fan of phone game controls or gameplay generally.

just beat super metroid
i think im gonna stick to zelda after i finish the prime trilogy, if i ever get around to it
im sick of always being underground

Nigger they are just going to wait a year and release a smaller Switch meant for handheld play, no dock or joycons included but supported.

aaaaand i created my restore point at the ending screen after saving in lower tourian
0/10 worst game

you played bmz? how does it compare to other metroidvanias?
with or without the DLC characters, i mean

>botw
Godly must have
>odyssey
Godly hype
>kirby
"it's kirbee butt wif bettr grafisks! 8/10!"
>metroid prime 4
I have two silver gamecube metroid prime bonus bundles.
>ARMS
Once they add, like, 2 more characters it'll be a must have. It's a great game, but it needs a little more variety.
>sonic mania
skepticism.jpg
>sonic forces
See above
>core pokemon title.
Not for me, but 100% a system seller.
>Splat2n
I give this game a SalmonRun/10
>yoshi
Yoshi
>mighty gunvolt burst
Beck's redemption
>blaster master zero
It's ok
>Shovel knight
better resolution than the 3ds version and MP
>More
>Skrim
>portable metal slug for that godly sprite animation and easy multiplayer
>Minecraft cross platform
>Yooka-Laylee portable
>Rocket League portable cross platform
>Stardew valley
>Enter the Gungeon
>Snipperclips
>Monster Hunter
>Mario Kart 8
>Pokken
>Setsuna
>Rime
>Xenoblade 2
>Fire emblem warriors
>Hollow Knight
>Overcooked
>Fast RMX
>Puyo Puyo
>Mayro and Rabbids
>NBA 2K18 portable
>FIFA 18 portable
>HARVEST MOON: light of hope
>The end is nigh (edmund mcmillen)
>binding of isaac
>Terraria
>Redout
>Wargroove
>Steamworld Dig 2
And moar

>harvest moon
>stardew valley
where is my stORY OF SEASONS
WHERE IS IT
WHERE IS IT

It's a decent metroidvania for $7-10. All I can really say. Dosen't hold up to Super Metroid or Symphony of the Night but it's better than that game Xeodrifter.

Anyone want to play on altwfc?

one was confirmed months ago but we've heard nothing

Yeah I was thinking something like that.

Wish I still had my copy, but all my DS games magically disappeared when my "friends" came over when I was a wee-14 year old.
Lets see what we have left:
Metroid Prime Hunters (STOLEN) (twice)
Phantom Hourglass (STOLEN)
Diddy Kong Racing DS (STOLEN)
Mario Kart DS (STOLEN)
New Super Mario Bros (STOLEN)
Brain Age (STOLEN) (why?)
Kirby Super Star Ultra (STOLEN) (This time it was me who stole it!) (then somebody else stole it from me...)
I remember more, but I had a crapton of DS games stolen from me. Good memories

youtube.com/watch?v=jPWjS_jI6Vo
Nintendo music will never not make me happy.
Post fav nintendy musics now

youtube.com/watch?v=fUkXPeL82DI

Nigger they are just going to wait a year and release a smaller Switch meant for console play, no dock or joycons included but supported.

>"...Switch meant for console play, no dock or joycons included but supported."
So you're saying it would be played like picrelated, assuming it comes with no pro controller?

Nigger no. Its just not going to be usable unless you buy a contoller. Fuck its like you never ninteneoed before.

youtu.be/ifvxBt7tmA8
I'm a sucker for anything related to Yoshi

Yoshi is just an evolved kirby

Kirby is a non-solid bomh-omb. Prove me wrong.

Bob-ombs have no mouthes.
Bob-ombs have no arms
Bob-ombs are black
Bob-ombs explode constantly.
Kirby has a mouth
Kirby has arms(?)
Kirby is pink
Kirby only explodes occasionally

What about Bombette? She's pink.

Still haven't proved me wrong.

Also where are my Salmon Run bros??

Bombette is a gril
Kirby has no gender
I suppose I can't do much more than provide evidence against your argument, as proof would require physical evidence, including autopsies, genetic similarities, fossils, etc. However, I don't suppose you (being the professor of nonexistent species as you are) could fit kirby and bob-ombs into a functioning taximony.

I got time for a round or two. FC (SW-5969-6755-1960) ID: "Wario"