/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk about Sonic stuff! Share art and music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #842 - Mememan Betrayal Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic News<
Sonic Mania OST - Special Stage ("Dimension Heist")
youtube.com/watch?v=OLcblxrrE0Q

Many Details of Mania Revealed at SDCC: Animated Intro, Special Stages, Story, etc.
www.tssznews.com/2017/07/22/sdcc-2017-special-stage-in-sonic-mania-revealed-story-details/

IDW and SEGA Enter Publishing Deal; Will Be Speaking to Fan-Favorite and New Creators
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/888538195045998592
twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/888536084472352770

Sonic Forces "Enter Infinite" Trailer & Theme of Infinite
youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6uqp_mr98
youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

Archie Sonic Officially Cancelled; Not the End of Sonic in Comics
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/887809496898088960

>General Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/egoraptor/status/890117462989123585
strawpoll.me/13540377/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But I love Aaron!

I can't believe Webber chose Grump dick over us.

>hey kid, wanna /ss/?

This is because you are Aaron

Remember if you're tweeting to Aaron, use both @RubyEclipse and @Sonic_Hedgehog.

Be polite but honest.

I like Aaron, I really do, but Arin is an utter prick and Webber needs to stop trying to please him

I didn't really like SA1 no

>So I shouldn't expect hell after I finish Advance 2 as Amy? Nice!
No, honestly. All three of the Advance games are good, but SA3 really stands out from other Sonic games.

Some of the crazy stuff you can do with team-ups is so fun. Amy+Knuckles? Knuckles can freaking spindash up walls.

>Midriffs are gross
in general?
wow, who doesn't wanna lick that delish belly like this?

>lots of people who hate Sonic are complete dogshit at his easiest games
Makes ya think.

fake?

I love mememan, but this Grump shit has always been really dumb.

The Jews are trying to destroy Sonic.

I'm sorry Johnny

>When the memes backfire.
Aaron better get ready.

>August 15th
>Sonic Mania: Woah Radical Chili Dogs Haha Farts - PART 1 - Game Grumps
>5 minutes in, Arin runs into a Motobug and gets hit
>"See what I mean HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO AVOID THAT WHEN I'M GOING SO FUCKING FAST. IT'S FUCKING POORLY DESIGNED. SONIC GAMES WERE ALWAYS LIKE THIS."
>"Arin, what the fuck are you talking about, this game looks awesome! Haha!"
>"Whatever dude."
Will this happen or will Arin forever shelter Dan from seeing a good Sonic game?

Give me a quick rundown on OP's picture. What happened?

Johnny's actually in there, though.

Fake what?

GG should have made a Sonic dating sim instead of a dad dating sim

Everyone loves him, it'll probably just be us yelling about it and nothing will change.

Dan is an absolute yesman and has been brainwashed by Ego's mad hatred for Sonic. He will laugh and agree with him along with telling another one of his college pothead story.

They gave out Sonic Mania instruction booklets at the SDCC Sonic panel. In the special thanks of the credits, Egoraptor is listed.

I'll admit, I'd try it out.

look closer

>Going straight and just yelling to Aaron
Do you even know how to Penders?

for what purpose?

Because Aaron is a fanboy.

Dan has spoken his mind when he genuinely likes something every now and then. He genuinely thought the Perfect Chaos fight in Sonic Adventure was great to the point where he even remembered it way later in an Unleashed playthrough and the dude forgets shit all the time so you know he actually enjoyed it.

STOP

>hate a series
>wants to play the new game on release date
This is extremely autistic.

I know that's Keith Silverstein and I know he's the VA for Vector. I don't know who the other guy is and what exactly you're trying to point out with that picture.

Who is Aaron?

Because he wants to shit on it and get views. Hoping it will be the next Sonic 06 like his Jontron days.

He shouldn't waste his time shitposting here if he wants to finish his Kingdom Hearts 2 video on time.

Reddit and twitter are angry about it too. If we can somehow this noticed, it'd help a lot. Like if someone mildly popular in the Sonic fanbase who has a decent amount of Twitter followers could retweet something from here, I'm sure we would get noticed. We also have the official stream coming up and we can try there too

When did he say he wants to play it?

there /=/ here

Today.
>You better fucking believe we are playing Sonic Forces day 1 on @GameGrumps

PR guy for Sonic in the U.S. He runs the Sonic twitter, tumblr, and youtube, as well as helping organize and participating in SoA's Sonic related panels and shit.

twitter.com/egoraptor/status/890117462989123585

Oh Forces. Of course. The one he can make fun of. Not Mania. Fuck this guy so much.

Is he responsible for putting a meming e-celeb on the credits of an official Sonic game? What a madman.

Why is she so homosexual?

Look at the characters on the right

He also said all sonic games are bad after seemingly being involved in Mania, so yeah he thinks that one's bad too.

He wont even like Mania, but he knows he wont be able to get away with shitting on it for 20 episodes

Forces is more easy to compare to Shadow the Hedgehog, so he is itching ti milk from it.

Doesn't he suck major ass at Sonic anyway? Never seen his videos.

Watch as Arin backtracks and says he was just kidding and being wacky and that everyone needs to chill out.

She hasn't found the right man yet

Yeah but Forces is a way easier target because of the direction it seems to be going on and the character creator. He would look like a dumbass for shitting on Mania and he knows it.

But Shadow the Hedgehog was a good game

He sucks at them along with sometimes playing worse on purpose to make the game look bad (He even plays the shitty ports so the game's performance suffers even more. He's that scummy).

I agree, and I think Forces will be good too.

I am just saying that Arin sees it as low-hanging fruit, and he is going to shit on it without even giving it a try. But he is too much of a pussy to insult Mania outside of twitter.

Whichever game he chooses to target, it'll most likely be because he sucks ass at the game and is hungry for that "Sonic was never good" attention. Like I can already imagine him wasting color powers and bitching about how it wasn't working or how he Bursts himself into a pitfall and goes full DSP.

I hate him so fucking much.

I like Aaron and appreciate what he's done and never really card about the game grumps shit, but putting ego and his fucking wife into the special thanks of Mania crosses the line and I'm done with his bullshit.
Aaron needs a good slap at this point.

Wait, does that say Sonic Boom under Vector's picture?

"what is networking"

That is a bit of overstatement.

yes

Not applicable in this scenario because it benefits neither side.

Yeah cause a fat faggot who whines about video games for the amusement of 14-year-old losers and autistic people sure is gonna open up a lot of doors for Aaron's career, especially if he constantly shits on the game series Aaron is currently employed to help the reputation of.

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE

>it's okay to do something bad if it's for your benefit

This is where I would post a pic of some female character from Silver's future, but now that I think about it I don't remember there being are any other than her. That's too bad for Gold.

"what is a fresco"

Last chance to vote on the poll: strawpoll.me/13540377/

Yes, yes it is. That's kind of how the world works

There is zero benefit to networking with the Game Grumps.

>"b-b-but Hesse is friends with them!"
Hesse was also already working with the Archie comics long before. They didn't need to jerk off the Game Grumps just to hire him for animations.

That's fucking pathetic.
Is there anyone out there actually skilled at video games that doesn't like Sonic games at all? I haven't found anyone like that yet.

Sally fags really love discrediting Amy. Geez.

>no one should have morals

Sonic games being pretty basic, it's outright impossible. Same goes for Mario

I'm a Sallyfag and I like Amy

He's not exactly wrong. Amy was cancer from Heroes–Riders.

I'm very used to the behavior of Sallyfags. This is honestly nothing new.

Morals are relative desu. Trying to hold some sort of moral authority over others on a Chinese Rowboating Discussion board is pretty sad

metal should have lived.

No. In the real world, if you act on behalf of a company for someone that belittles you in return, you're kicked out for the loss of credibility you occasioned.

Everything about this situation is cringeworthy
-It's cringeworthy Aaron is so desperate to suck the Game Grumps' cocks despite the fact they do nothing but shit on Sonic games (unironically)
-It's cringeworthy that Egoraptor is going to play a game from a franchise he literally hates on the day it comes out because he's so desperate to recapture the feeling of Game Grumps Sonic 06 playthrough
-It's cringeworthy that I care enough about this to write this post

Yeah but that was years ago and people are still criticizing her for it.

I don't get those people who hate Mario games either. Both him and Sonic are so inoffensive.

Don't you think it's a little weird haw SEGA never really expanded on Silver's future in the games? The only thing I can remember is in some site or manual or something mentioning people with Silver's psychic abilities are common. You could make a Silver game with Unleashed level atmosphere/worldbuilding by just telling us more about it.

But there is only one Sonic.

wew lad. I feel bad for the normal Sallyfags like

I somehow hate Nintendo for their yearly shitty cashgrabs (gimmick systems, Amiibos, 2DS, pseudo-SNES) and their horrendous fanbase but Mario is a fun franchise, I have especially fond memories of Super Mario World.

did you consider that they might be actual friends with each other

They could've made Silver the Hedgehog if it wasn't for the Shadow-haters.

Its a setting where Sonic doesn't exist; they will never do anything with it. Which really is too bad.

>Anyone can be in the Sonic Mania booklet if they're Aaron's friend, even if they've convinced millions of retarded little kids to never even TRY a Sonic game
Okay user

>2DS is a cashgrab
in what universe

put this together just quickly. just wanted to show off a few sad/angry reactions from fans along with the general attitude of the GG fanbase towards the Sonic fanbase. Let me know if I forgot to edit out anyone's name

I have a more autistic version with some sloppy handwritten "thanks Aaron"s on it if anyone wants to guilt trip Aaron on twitter with it.

Amy actually gets a lot of hate in the fandom in general. I was surprised to see so much love for her here. Not that I mind since I like Amy.

>grump man got special thanks because nepotism
ok. sounds plausible. Even if it's true I don't understand or anyone else being butthurt about grumps being grumps.

And? All Aaron has done for the game is advertise it. He's not a developer; he shouldn't have any say on who gets into the special thanks of the credits in the first place.

>which I'm surprised Sonic hasn't done that
Why would Sonic get a restraining order on his friend? Just because he doesn't appreciate Amy's advances doesn't mean he hates her.

I see only facts here. Except for Sega allowing Sally to continue to exist to please the fans, if anything they'd probably want her gone. If anyone is going to listen to the fans and let Sally continue as a character it will be IDW putting her in the new comics, and that's only if Sega doesn't demand otherwise.

Then that makes it worse because he's literally just putting his friends in the special thanks of a game he had no part in making.

It's too much. Now you're making it look like you're playing the victim. Ego's tweet and his presence in the manual are all that should be on there.

Apparently Sally fags think otherwise.