How important is fuel capacity to you?

How important is fuel capacity to you?

Not as important as aesthetics personally

Zero important. According to numbers there's a fuel station for every 44 km or 27 miles of road in my country.

City driving it's important because traffic sucks and I cba to wait in line at a crowded station all the time.

Long distance it's important because I cba to stop off constantly, white-knuckle it because next exit is 50mi away and maybe it's at night and the station won't be open etc.

I would say something like 250mi minimum before it becomes something that's going to start haunting you when you thought you wouldn't have to worry.

Not very, but I do enjoy my 2 cars and their large capacity tanks.

17 gallons in my Accord, 23 gallons in my Bronco. I usually keep both full or close to full. If SHTF ever happens, I'll have nearly 40 gallons of gas for generators or driving. Not to mention how many other things I can do with gas, trading, starting fires, getting high.

>be on road trip
>leaving from Utah/Arizona area
>heading through Colorado
>200 miles without a gas station
>start to panic
>checking map for nearest fill up station
>looks like there's no guarentee of one but we got a good chance if we detour 50 miles north
>take that chance
>find the gas station
>they're closed
>no card, only have cash
>apparently this is like the only gas station in a 300 mile radius
>it's fucking packed with truckers even though it's a hole in the wall
>they all have cards
>ask one of them if we can give them cash for a full tank of gas
>finally one agrees
>on the road again

idk how big the tank was to be honest, but we were about to be roadsided.

Hah, my 94 accord wagon can get 470 miles of combined city and high speed freeway driving on its 17 gallon tank.

I've literally had less than a quarter tank and passed by the only gas station for 70 miles because it was $0.12 more expensive per gallon.

I got a small 48 liter (13g) tank and even in the city filling up every week or two is a little annoying. On long distance camping trips I get a little range anxiety especially when you're on gravel roads in the middle of nowhere 50 miles from a gas station. A truck with a 26G tank would be nice.

This is why a EV with a 300 mile range just won't work for me.

Not very important as I rarely do long trips (over 1000 miles), and Im a coffee break at the petrol station type of person. Im also a smoker and it is much better to smoke at a table at a petrol station than in your car.

I'd sacrifice fuel capacity for proper suspension (multi link instead of shitty torsion bar) and/or awd for fwd cars.

Why not take a gas can then?

Same here, I rarely do long trips, and I always stop every 3 or 4 hours anyways. The only advantage a bigger tank for me would be filling up in cheaper stations since fuel in the highway is usually overpriced.

yeah i just feel up before going on a highway and fill up after
but if i have to fill up i just do the minimum amount to finish my trip

In my country there are no highways. Every trip outside the city takes fucking long tho. Ive been to Italy a few times and man, you sure cover distance fast on the highway.

Kind of. I hate getting gas.
Good thing my car is essentially a giant (25 gal) gas tank on wheels.

I drive to and from Alaska twice a year, so range and fuel capacity are pretty important. The Al-Can isn't a particularly rough road anymore but it can be a long way between fuel stops especially early or late in the season because not every station is open.
I had an old Lumina that was great for long drives. It was comfy to sit in all day and it could go about 450 miles on a single tank.

I get about 20 MPG on a good day and have a 16 gallon tank. However, I only consider 10-12 of that usable because at any less the fuel pump can partake in various shenanigans related to not delivering fuel correctly. I usually fill up twice a week with how much I drive, a bigger fuel tank would sure be nice.

I commute 80 miles round trip so going from an astro van that gets 15-16mpg with a 17 gal tank or some shit to a civic that gets 32-40 with 13.2 gallons was great, since I do about 400 miles/week and that's just about the range of the tank even if I drive like a mad cunt. I like only having to fill up once a week vs. 2 or 3 times. Larger tanks don't mean as much as better gas mileage, since that gets you more range and makes driving cheaper. Plus, I spend like 30-45 sec less at the pump since I'm pumping 4 less gallons.

range>fuel capacity
i drove all the way from weed, california to vancouver, washington on a single tank in my 92 accord. i did not want to stop to get gas in oregon because of the whole "legally can't fuel your own car" thing. that is a dumb law.

So you'd be fine with a 28 mile tank, then?

When I went racing in the 22 gallon car Id lower fuel. So weight wasnt a big deal.
Now I have a 14 gallon. I fill up more than ever now but l still have barely any weight change when l lower it for racing.

Not very 40L is plenty and refuelling takes only a few minutes.

>small
>13 gallon
modern econoboxes are going for sub 11 gallon tanks.

Move to a free country then cuck.

My G5 has about 13 gallons I think. With 23 mpg from mostly city driving, it lasts me longer than most people.

Is that all? My Diesel ute has a 180L (47.5 gal) tank, and that's not including the reserve tank.

I don't own a truck or ute.
25 gallons is pretty sizable for a two seater.

Not that important. Luckily I have a 35 gallon tank since my van gets 13mpg.

Yeah fairo, I was just making a jab at how you said 25gal was massive, no harm done mate.

>leaving UT/AZ to CO
>no gas in a 300 mile radius
where in the fuck were you?

OT:
Range is more important than capacity. I currently have a 20 gallon tank and that really only means it takes longer to fill.

For a 1.8 that gets 12/100km it is.

I like a car to have at least 300miles per tank.
My motorcycle is great because it’s a 250 with a 4 gallon tank. Range is yugggeeee