What do you guys think of season 2 so far?

What do you guys think of season 2 so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegram.me/DistortBot
express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/889307/The-Grand-Tour-season-2-release-time-date-Amazon-Jeremy-Clarkson
youtu.be/DxF9vFJezRA
vodlock.co/9sdcq4i6if53
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not funny enough. I want more racist jokes from Jeremy Clarkson.

not racist joke but i enjoyed the subtle 9/11 reference in ep2
>Is a ford GT faster than an airliner?

I like it, better than season 1 for sure, it feels very top gear but who the fuck cares, its actually funny now

I feel those racist jokes from Jeremy Clarkson are very original and funny as hell.

More purposeful than S1.

>Jeremy into swastika
top kek good effort

I'm using a bot to do it.

what bot?

telegram.me/DistortBot

I am enjoying it very much. I hope they do another special and that it's in a less boring place than last season and I wanna see more shitbox challenges

I like it so far. I like how they didn't make a huge spectacle about Hammond's crash. I was expecting this dumb ass heart felt bullshit segment.

I'm excited for the cheap Jag challenge.

it's not like he did it multiple times already

The second episode was comfy, I live in buffalo so it was cool seeing places I'm so familiar with. Getting held up on the Grand island bridge was keks

Definitely a step up, glad they ditched the American, the cringey celebrity crash and the obvious scripted silliness.

Hey I live just on the other side of the bridge in Niagra. Come outside I'll wave to you. See if you can see me!

I'm excited to see what kind of celebrities they will bring on in the future

as always, despite all of the minor bad things it's simply impossible to dislike them. i'm eagerly waiting for vietnam special reboot or any other kind of big trip in cheap vehicles of any kind

also, for the first time i genuinely enjoy celebrity stuff. i mean, top gear was occasionally good when hamilton or some other cool guy come, but this one is just exciting by the concept, with this cool rallycross track and stuff. watching newbies trying various approaches to go fast is super cool

need an episode where they have a Model 3, Bolt, and LEAF(with 60 kwh battery).

then actually take the cars seriously.

Yeah I can't wait to see the episode where Hammond takes a bike and everyone else takes cars to some shit hole.

What I think would be even funnier is if they're only given enough money to buy 1 cat that they all have to be in at the same time

I really hope they figured out that having a limited budget to buy a shitbox on is one of the things that made Top Gear Christmas specials so magical
really want something good to watch during my post-Christmas hangover this year

>Watching Reddit: The show

Best Top Kek they've made in a while.

When will the 3rd episode be unlocked on friday? Is there a speific hour or it will appear at midnight?

According to this, midnight.

express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/889307/The-Grand-Tour-season-2-release-time-date-Amazon-Jeremy-Clarkson

Thanks user, so it's another 14 minutes for me

I don't think they'll all fit into one cat desu

Yep

...aaaaaand, it's staged garbage.

The only good part was the race during the launch break, then...it was the usual scripted shit where nobody actually talked about the car.

>no mention of Chiron's records getting rekt by an egg
I'm disappointed desu, its like it was made for them to make fun of.

They did not even showed the interior of both the bugatti or the kia...

what the fuck is thi shit?

Are they showing the GT2RS yet?

So standard Top Gear formula.

This time it's even worse, I don't know who they managed to do this. It feels completley rushed up, every single segment adds nothing to the previous.
The very last part of the episode is so fucking staged it hurts.

>...aaaaaand, it's staged garbage.
you've never watched TG?

I'm not the one who said season 2 was going to be way less staged than the previous 1.

Not a single car has been tested on their track let alone being timed by the new driver.

Nope, Kia Memer and BOOGAHTEE Chiron

Are you retarded dumbass did you even watch the second episode

It's better than season 1 but will never be as good as peak Top Gear.
The formula is tired, Clarkson and May don't give a shit anymore and it's got maybe 2-3 seasons tops left.

Episode 1 was mostly boring and unwatchable. Episode 2 was OK. That's as far as I've got.

>Model 3

A what?

$10 they say it is the fastest car in the world and fail to issue a correction because they hate Koenigsseg

It feels more like they aren't relaxed with the show yet, at least not when they are in the tent.

Koenigsegg never tried to beat it top speed though? But yeah, should have at least mentioned it.

Tesla Model 3

Just watched episode 3 and i think there was less than 5 minutes of actual car stuff in there.

Yes stupid fuck I did and it was a JetBlue AD with fake calls and staged bullshit and ending...every single time they almost finish togheter. It's garbage and you know it unless you're 15.

What about the ending of this new episode?

Let's drive like a criminal through Torino and let people think it's all real just because Italian cops once told me to floor the Lamborghini I was driving there, also go to Italy and drive like me because you'll never get fined.

You can even see a Seat Leon police car coming from the opposite line when he's driving at full speed on the rails in the tram only lane...

Oh there's even a blue Giulia, nice.

I repeat myself: garbage.

No, it just feels like they've been doing the same thing for 15 years and it's played out and they're tired of it.

So it's just like Top Gear.

I like it. Particularly how they said they sacked the american specifically because nobody liked him.

Show is comf, lads are aging but still top tier.

Like the late seasons, yes, but with less footage about cars...it feels like a giant sketch in which cars play a marginal role, it's like they're an excuse to justify the travel between the sketch A and B location, and so on.

I absolutely hated the latest top gear but at least they managed to make one or two interesting services about a model (read: the only good 10 minutes in 1 hour show) that were good and really passionate.

Clarkson gave me the goosebumps with the Alfa Romeo Touring Disco Volante review, seriously.

youtu.be/DxF9vFJezRA

>what is filming in advance

Awful, worse than any season of Top Gear, if this keeps just just cancel it.

>staged bullshit and ending

it's always been scripted, every race was always staged so they would finish as close as possible, get it through your thick nigger skulls that they have ALWAYS worked with a script

This. But in this day and age their owner being Amazon, it won't happen.
It's almost sad, how in the latest episode Brits hesitated if they're allowed to cheer the light up of Christmas tree cross
anyway, for stealing cheating cunts vodlock.co/9sdcq4i6if53
But don't tell anyone.

he's made .. like 3? in his career on TG. not exactly a whole lot to expand on

Working on a script doesn't mean anything since you can follow a base script as an indication of the final result with every other thing is up to you or you can blindly be told every single thing, gesture and thing you have to say and do...guess what are they doing in TGT.

They're just so bad at masking that, you can just clearly anticipate the joke even in the fucking conversation street which one can think, well at least this is improvised...nope. They even have pauses and look in the camera when a joke comes.

i wholeheartedly enjoy it.
Fight me

Who's the girl that's their new driver?
Is she the girl who tried to beat Clarkson's time in a Van?
I'd love her to be the driver

No its not sabine, its that girl in the yogapants that first tried out the Halfaromeo, Abbie Eaton i think.

they did that on top gear too, the thing is we've watched them for so long we know what to look for now, we know what they look like when they're waiting for eachother's punchline etc.

nothing about them has changed, we the viewership has changed, so we notice that they aren't evolving. i personally don't care, but it is incredible seeing people get so flustered about it.

that wasn't her, but Abbie Eaton is the new not-stig (her name is in the credits and there was an article about her on the drivetribe website)

The thing that nobody wants to admit is that the longer they keep doing this, the less things like crazy challenges and power tests will factor in because Clarkson has both a bad back and a bad neck and doesn't really take care of himself so he can't do as much anymore. Given that May and Hammond have also been injured multiple times the show will only get less exciting the longer it goes on.

His injuries this time around weren't nearly as bad as they were when he crashed the Vampire.

i lost my shit at "Look at the bridge. There's a slope on it." 2bh

Where can I pirate this? I don't wanna pay for amazon or w/e i'll just mail their studio some cookies later

How can someone on Veeky Forums be so computer literate

It's way too scripted.

Like, I know Top Gear was scripted, but I get the impression literally everything is scripted on this, right down to their banter on conversation street. The jokes just seem so fake and planned

/t/

I know right... I find them so original and funny as hell. Typical of Clarkson.

>literate
I think you meant illiterate just like yourself.

>shitting in designated streets killing the environment
>culture

I swear god the americans should've dropped the fat man on India rather than on Japan

it's about as racist as taking sun cream to the bahamas

i don't think i've ever been to another country and not had diarrhea within 2 days of being there

india was still defacto property of the allies at that time though

I like it. First season was had a lot of flaws, but it's the first season, they were trying out new concepts and walking a tight-rope between keeping true to the old TG staples and avoiding a lawyer fight with the BBC, so some of those faults can be forgiven.

So far, I think a lot of the gripes from the first season are being addressed. They binned the American and that stupid celebrity braincrash bullshit and they've replaced it with a celebrity segment that's actually entertaining to watch (hell, I hated SIARPC on TG and skipped past it most of the time). The conversations and studio banter feel a bit less scripted than in the first season, but there's more room to improve. The premise of the past/present/future segment in the first episode was actually a pretty interesting concept. It could have done with a bit more focus on the actual cars, but I still enjoyed it. The race in episode 2 was obviously heavily scripted (but this is no different to TG, anyone who says otherwise might want to take off their rose-tinted glasses), but again it was still entertaining to watch. The stinger review in episode 3 was a nice throwback to some of the old unusual races they used to do in TG and the Chiron segment was okay.

On the whole, season 2 looks like it's fixing a lot of the bad points of season 1. It's not Top Gear, but at the same time, I think a lot of people are expecting it to be Top Gear and are ending up bitter and disappointed when it isn't, instead of just enjoying it for what it is.

it was literally part of the british empire

I don't think he actually thought about his post user. He probably thinks the USA dropped the A bomb on a random Asian nation for shits and giggles.

i thought it already had independence or at least self-governance. my mistake

that came 2 years later, close enough. they probably did have some kind of hand-held gubmint for a time before we decided we didn't want to be associated with street shitters any more

i like it, it doesnt feel as fake and scripted as top gear

That guy in the middle seems a little to excited to see Jeremy without his pants on....

Too bad that except for ep 1 that the Hoff attended the rest are literally who's

>vodlock.co

>what is irony user?

I gotta admit, this is significantly less crap than the previous season as well as the last few seasons they did on TG

wow I really loved the company vs company segment

Fuck Marry Kill: TGT edition

Go

It's better than the last one so far.

Fuck: May, and have him keep a running commentary on the history of slot car toys throughout.
Marry: Hammond, so I can be big spoon.
Kill: Jezza, preferably by running him over with a Peugeot.

>Fuck: Clarckson because I'd be his toy boy and literally covered in gold
>Marry: May because with long hair and hormones he can be a proper trapfu
>Kill: Hammond because he's useless

No,
Marry May, he's smart and funny.
Fuck Jezza, because you have to kill Hammond (he'lll do it himself eventually anyway)

On a serious note I think S2 is finally standing up on its legs the way S1 failed to do, and I'm satisfied with the improvement so far.
I know we all saw how forced S1 felt, and I think that was largely in part to both try new things, and keep the corporate lawyer shills at the BBC to stay the fuck away.

Fuck: Hamster. Could probably spin him like a pinwheel.
Marry: May. He's just too handsome to pass up.
Kill: Clarkson.

>and keep the corporate lawyer shills at the BBC to stay the fuck away

How do you achieve that by making a carbon copy of the old format? It's literally the same exact shit as before with different names and tracks.

>making a carbon copy of the old format
Well, it's not a carbon copy.
I guess if the lawyers at big ol' Amazon are going up against the lawyers at big ol' BBC, they aren't going to care about 95% of the content, and know that their claims would fail - they'd worry only about the 5% that crossed the line into indeed being a "carbon copy"
Hence, no nameless driver and instead you get the American, hence celebrity braincrash, the 'news' now being conversation street, the power lap board having a different format.
Other than that, it's not too dissimilar from what 5th gear and other programs started copying after Top Gear's success, and hence they can carry on with the 95%.

WAIFU CLAIMED

Or they'll die. I actually would find that fairly exciting.

jezza's potbelly is a fucking obscenity