>camping
> S N O W R O L L I N G

THINGS THAT ARE UNWELCOME
>reddit battlewagons
>rims larger than 17 inches
>swapping in 1.9l vw engines into your perfectly good 80 series

>implying im going to link any of your gay shit

Other urls found in this thread:

pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/815362-how-much-horsepower-enough.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bumping with Toyota love

oh god my benis
more bls

It has tall and skinny winter tires on it right now. No pics though.

Is the aftermarket for ZR2 Blazers dead or do parts still exist for them? Planning on replacing my S10 with on as quickly as possible since I can buy one that's mint for the same price as a clapped out Tacoma and they seam just as reliable.

Isuzu leaving the us was a mistake.

Playing in the snow last weekend.

Me and a buddy up in the mountains looking for the first snow earlier this winter. In driving the comanche.

Newest member of the org family (just bought today). Still waiting for winter to fucking happen.

What happend to the ground clearance?

Anybody here have experience with military surplus hummer 37s?
Thinking of switching to those when I lift the yota.

My buddy wants to give me rims that look like yours off of his tahoe. Can't decide if I like those or my current tundra rims better

zapped by those fucking rails for fat fucks who can’t lift their ass 6” fucking inches

Fix it nigga

I like em on an older truck, they match the period, dunno how they would look on a newer truck tho.
You should just swap one side and compare

Hey ORG, occasional lurker here.

About 2 weeks ago I purchased an '89 Ford Bronco II. It wasn't running when I got it and $80 and a few hours later it's running great.

Thing is, I've never owned a truck before, I'm a Honda guy and I used to know nothing about 4wd systems until several months ago. I'm still unsure about suspension and things like driveline angle and lift kits.

Is anyone here ever willing to give mechanical advice? I bought this vehicle specifically for camping and going shooting on BLM land. I'll post pictures once it's running well enough to go further than the gas station a few blocks away.

small body lifts are great, say 1 or 2 inches

Where are some cool places to ride around at night.

I got my 6x6 up and running again, now I can't wait for a blizzard so I can be the only thing rolling down the road.

Volkswagen swap next week. Are you excited!?

Stock Broncos are more than capable. Are you willing to put in for a set of 33 inch $1300 tyres? Those should get you more than what you want out of the Bronco with that short of a wheelbase trug without much of a lift. Is the top removable, too?

gas all weebs

it's light blizzarding out here in ontario so ima go hooning on the roads with the land cruiser at midnight and tow retards out of ditches.

Yes, the useless step bars, but I really really just bought it, hadn't even been home before taking the picture. Besides, it's just a daily driver and tow rig for my jeep.

>towing vehicles out of ditches
I see a valuable business opportunity opening up for my truck...

you could get some AR450 steel and charge people to go on sightseeing tours through detroit slums.
some tourist companies already do that but they do it on foot. you can probably charge good money for your M939 through the housings

>pictures of your own shitty rig
>camping
twofer thursdays

A guy can only dream.

Where abouts Ontario? We got like 6 inches last week so I went hoonin but then we had rain a few days ago to piss it all away. Got a light dusting blizzard of maybe 1/2" today.

I want some actual snow like Snowmageddon we had back in 2010 when the 402 got ass raped and shut down with hundreds of motorists stranded. I got too much recovery gear that just sits around all the time kek

>new jersey
i’m sorry for your loss

Toronto innacity. Was out north today on delivery so I took the Ranger skidding back home and doughnuts around right turns and roundabouts. Was fun as heck.

Gonna go out at 1am with the Land Cruiser on the streets and try to get some skids and snow crawling done with her at a few places in know innacity for some urban offroading.
"sorry officer. parking lot was covered in snow so i thought it kept going..."

Also that 6x6 is owned by some weeb across the bridge in Windsor. I've been trying to get him to visit Toronto to go up to North Bay for a trip but he's scared of us "snow mexicans"

the fuck is the point of the canopy?

S-s-sauce?

A little extra rain cover for the tent+ some cover when you’re outside the tent just hanging out I guess

Keep the shiny side up! Cops shut down our hooning up at the park last week, I was mid slid when I noticed "hey thats actually a cop car" and he was about 100' directly in front of me. Fack, just told me to cut it out and go home kek.

That thing might be too big for most of the trails I've seen here lol. I would like to see it climb some rock faces though.

It started raining as soon as I got to my site, thats a 10'x10' pop up gazebo that pops up in like 30 seconds. Kept the ground and me dry long enough to set up the tent. Strung some tarp up between the trees afterwards cause my tents kinda shitty.

It's already got lift blocks on the rear, I think they're 2-1/2" and it appears to have some add-a-leaf springs?? for additional lift. They're not attached to anything, just wedged between the factory leaf setup and the lift blocks. I'm not sure what kind of lift the front has, previous owner didn't know either. Either longer coil springs or something else?

It already has some 33"x12.5" tires but they're fucking done, fronts are bald and have severe camber and toe wear, rears are ok but I'm going to downsize to some 31x10.5 BFgoodrich KO ATs. Reason I don't want such large tires is because it has the stock rear axle and diff, it really doesn't accelerate well and the stock dana 28 front is only rated for 31" tires MAX. Big tires someday if I do an 8.8 rear/Dana 35 front swap or a Dana 44 front and rear swap.

And no, the top does not come off, its a Bronco 2, a mini bronco with a V6, based off the ranger frame. It has a hatchback, none of the rear windows open but that's ok, I honestly like enclosed cab offroaders, I've gotten plenty of dust in my face in my friends '89 4runner.

Yeah it's an older Ranger frame. I would look in junkyards or Ranger buybacks after the 2004. Taytay-nger has a stock 8.8 rear that can handle 37s if I wanted to put those on her.
They didn't look like 33 running tyres but I guess so , the Bronco II just isn't as smol asI had thought it was, eh? Anyway, the tread made me think they were street tyres - lol. If you can get a cheap set of 33 KOs, that'd be your best bet.

In terms of the bronco 2, didn't know you couldn't take the back off. that's a shame... Also, you might as well just go up for D50s if you can find them in time during the swap. That'll give you the bit more approach angle you might be looking for. If you're set for doing an axle swap on the thing, it could just be worth waiting around with the 33s and running the axles out as you source and look for cheaper axles during the new year. Don't worry about lifts and everything since you're not legit trail riding anyway, eh? Save the lift money and just hoard axles.

Fuck yea tents n shit

>not just sleeping in your cabin with a cot folded out in the back

I have a single cab tacoma. Only tom cruise could sleep in that thing lol

>you think i think you're tom cruise
BUT BICH I'M TAYTAY WIT DAT TOOL

K den

10/10 good post tay
I'm actually impressed at that reference

>sleep inna 2dr Jeepheep
>being 6'3"
Theres nothing good about that at all

>lexus with fudtarn wheel cover
>taking a lexus offroad
>those Mcdonald coffee stickers
what the fuck are you doing

hey pal, VW diesels are godly, theres no problem putting them in anything.

A very autistic russian.

What hubs are you going to use exactly?

Hubs?

Toyota rims are hub centric, GM not. They will fit but you may have alignment/wobble issues.

Long as you're not retarded when putting wheels on you shouldn't have any issues running lug-centric

They're eight lug wheels. You're going to struggle to fit them to your 8" Toyota axles.

Just cut the centers out of the hummer wheels and weld in a 6 lug pattern center

lemme know how you go with that.

?
Recentering wheels is easy and done often, it's not a big deal.
I do lots of fabrication so it's whatever for me.

>welding scraps of mild steel together in the backyard counts as fabrication
oh please, keep us updated

Stay mad, I'll stay tig welding

I was going to make a new thread but maybe this is the right place to ask.

I want to buy a 4 x 4, the plan is to buy a brand new one from a dealership, then again, Im not against the idea of buying an used one (my dad is the one who wants it to be brand new, its my money tho, then again, close family and what not). Now, Im not going for a big powerful one, Im thinking something like a Jimny.

The idea is to buy a cheap but durable 4 x 4, like I said something like a Jimny. Any ideas of what would be a good buy?

2016 4runner

4runner or hilux/taco

Whats your price range?

Already have a Tacoma 2004, and Im looking for a small Suv.

30000 USD, keep in mind, a new Jimny costs ~22000 here and if I buy one Im thinking of lifting it and at least get it some bigger tires.

Hey BLG, you in this thread? What should I look for on a 2001 LX470? All I know right now is to look at the AHC, and if possible the starter and to test the throttle when I’m driving but that’s it. Is there anything I can specifically look at?

THANK YOU

Is that the one for $10k? If you want more offroad potential, the 80 can be found for a bit around that price if you look around.

The UZ's not going to have much issue or even with the starter / throttle especially with it being low mileage. But never bad to be sure. Inner fender rot is more than common on something from 2001 unless you're innadesert, of course. The easiest way to tell for me is to look on the inside of the running boards where salt sticks around up until the summer and see how much rust is in there. Then the general frame and everything else. Look at the steering assembly and the entire exhaust for evidence of offroad abuse.

You can do these pretty stock but the front and rear bumpers hang way too low for your clearance over rocks and trees. Plus IFS really doesn't help off road but is a very comfortable vehicle on road.

I'd say do it so we have another Lexus posting here and you can start modifications with us...

Delet

are you retarded

explain

fuck
off
weeb

hvor er dette? skal du på vikingtreffet på storefjell?

Here's my shit rig. It's slowly getting better.

Put new Nitto Trail Grapplers on it, redid the entire front end. The kids before me put bicycle inner tubes in place of actual bushings... New clutch, new brake lines.

One of these days I'm going to put a stock grill on it. Not sure if I should go with matte black or a mild chrome.

As much as I want to paint it OD Green, I won't. I don't think. Maybe.

>new
are you sure? those look pretty warn out already

anyway, nice truck. pic of the rear pls because i'm always curious how people mount their full sized spares on the tailgates of their tuccs.

That's an old pic. Those are old mickeys that were on there.

Didn't drive truck today and I'm out on the town. The original spare is still on the back. I'm going to mount a full size there eventually. It's just there because I think it looks silly without it.

Tror ikke det blir storefjell. Bilde er tatt et sted mellom ostby og nesjoen i tydal.

to the user who was looking for a fuel tank skid plate for an 05’ TJ/LJ
here’s the picture
the skids in oregon
name a price

tree fiddy

2003 Toyota Tacoma V6 PreRunner SR5

>2wd

neck yourself softroader

>posts in a place where incels and neets gather
>complains when someone is softroading and not crawling over rocks or crossing 3ft deep rivers
>not just comfposting and along for the ride
go back to pirate4x4

That color is horrible. Are you by chance melanin enriched?

Good one
Bruh, Lunar Mist Mettalic™ silver is the best color for these trucks. Are you by chance melanin enriched?

Confirmed Good color
Melanin enriched individual confirmed

I know Diesel Landcruiser engines are still solid after 400,000km but starting to worry how long the Petrol one will keep on going for. LS1 swap soon?

If I don't want to rock climb and stuff and just want to be able to go offroad and not get stuck, how much horsepower would I need for a 4x4 conversion to be effective? I've never understood why offroaders need so much power, but then again, I've never gone offroading.

m e h
mine just turned over on 390km and as OP said: VW 1.9 ALH motor swap soon

but the guy with the A440F won't respond to to my emails or calls! angree

>so much power
>22-RE makes 110 hp
>people putting 42 inch tyres on them

nah

Off-roaders mostly need torque (of course it all depends on how and where you drive it), which can be accomplished through gearing and whatnot

>22-RE "master" race
>"137 lb-ft at 2800 RPM"

horsepower isn’t going to be important to you
you want to look at torque and tires
this is the path you should lean
since you’re just looking to goof around just find what you like that fits your needs

So would it be retarded to do a 4x4 conversion on a camper van with a 5.2L magnum V8 making 230 hp @ 4,100rpm and 295 lb-ft of torque @ 3,000rpm? Some forums I'm reading everyone is saying you must have 400HP and shit but I don't know if they're just epeening or not.

lol wtf no
you could run a 2 cylinder lawnmower engine on it and it'll run. just not above a certain rpm or a certain speed and you'll probably explode the engine. 295 torque is more than you'll need for anything.

remember the m35 deuce and a half multifuel engines only make like 130 horses and under 200 torque but somehow manage to power 6 wheels with 40 inch tyres and pull 3x its own weight

Thanks, that's good to hear. Gives me something to work towards saving up for. I hate how limited I am in camping options at the moment because I don't feel comfortable taking this behemoth off road with only 2wd.

can you link the forum or thread where people say 295 toque isn't enough for a 4x4?

maybe there are some key information you or we are missing. the v8 that cam in the older dodge rams should have enough power to pull a semi (albeit very, very slowly)

>what is gearing
3/10 bait, made me reply

pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/815362-how-much-horsepower-enough.html

First thing when I search for how much horsepower do you need for offroading. The OP said he had a vehicle that weighed less than mine and some guy said 400 minimum but not everyone was saying that

you have to understand the crowd over at pirate 4x4 actually have money, time, and very good experience in offroading where they will tell you to go all out on something because they assume everyone is like them

not the best place for a newbie or a first build

they also don't like memes or irony over there >:(

That's not fabricating, it's a high school practice project.

>min 400hp to offroad

You've been posting the same picture for at least two months, saying it's an old picture. Either take a new one or quit lying.

bill Murray Chirstmas, BLG!