Good UK cars

I’m moving to Scotland from the United States because of a job offer. What are some good cars in the UK?

pic related is something I’ve been eyeing but I don’t know if it’s any good

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/greenwood/cars-vans-utes/1976-ford-ltd-country-squire-hearse/1166008641
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

vauxhall monaro, can get them fairly cheap and they are basically the hotted up version of the pontiac gto the americans got.

the fuck google

Depends on budget and what you like?

Scotland has probably the best roads on this island so it would be good to have something fun.

That front end

>Posted the wrong Ford

Is the grenada a falcon?

Best websites are
Autotrader co uk
Pistonheads classifieds
Car and classic

You dont like the aussie panelvans?
We copied at lot

No I love them, I just meant the TF Cortina was a lot closer to the Grenada which was clearly the styling bases of both.

nope. they only share the door handles. and the falcons bigger.

the granada is the 4 door verison of a ford capri (the version the USA never got)

*basis, damn phone

>tfw this Granada slipped from my fingers earlier this year

this is the capri the USA didnt get. instead you got a rebadged foxbody

or if you cant find a mini in the uk you must have your eyes shut.

Thats looks cool as fuck.
Sedan-elvan?

Ive almost imported one of these things 4 times. Cash in the bank ready to cover everything. Then I chickened out about UK exporting into USA.

If someone could send me to a reputable car exporter I'd surely buy a premium capri.

Actually the US did get this Capri before it became a rebadged foxbody. They just don't care about it much because it's underpowered compared to their V8s.

Hearse conversion actually. Had a decked out back and everything. I would've attempted to turn it back into a very large station wagon.

I love hearse'. Hearses?
This is near me atm
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/greenwood/cars-vans-utes/1976-ford-ltd-country-squire-hearse/1166008641

that photo is a mk2 "federal capri" because it was powered by mustang and choked up by emmissions regs.

the photo i posted was a mk3 the styling update of the mk2 and had the 5 speed and german cologne V6

there are a few. going to have to talk used classic car dealer and go with who they recommend.

>granada

I'd be surprised if you can even find one running these days. I haven't seen a single one on the roads in over 10 years.

Some things to be aware of: If you want anything remotely fast, be prepared to pay out the ass for insurance, especially if you're going to be living in a major town or city.

If you want a bit of comfort and decent reliability, you can pick up

>uk cars
top kek

Nice, not an exceptional looker though because it's a stock wagon body. I love the LTD that's linked underneath, never seen one like that before, must be Aussie exclusive.

google maps link?

I always found that RR LTD lookalike thingo funny to look at, prefer a normal ZD style Fairlane myself.

Or a Landau for maximum luls

I dunno what their based on but they had some od-ball fancy model aswell, I think called the silver monarch aswell. Ford aus did some weird stuff

Boggles the mind for how long Aussie Ford and Holden insisted on making seperate cars instead of just putting RHD dashboards on American models despite being the same size and featuring much of the same styling and the same tech. That Landau is basically a weird Gran Torino.

Where in Scotland?
I want to do the NC500 one day

Their so rare.
Would love even a broken one

Nah the landau i based on the xc model falcon. Which is very similar to the mustangs of the same years

Doesn't look similar to Mustangs at all, far bigger.

I'm biased clearly but I'm glad they didn't, the US forgot how to build good looking cars in the 70s the only real exception bring the early 70s Stangs.

Yea I just googled NC500.
I also want to do this next summer in my s13.
Who's with me?

thats a clean looking uk spec completely stock damn. as a fellow rusty nissan owner i implore you to wash off that road salt
shameless recruiting plug for brit/o/
we have threads once in a while and have group road runs in spring/summer as well as doing cheapo drag strip weekends and shit like ultimate street car.
shoot me an email for an invite to our slack group chat(fancy discord) [email protected]

Scotfag here - that road is neat Kinlochewe on the way to Gairloch. All the roads around that bit are amazing

R O V E R
O
V
E
R

>fwd
>head gasket memes
>rust
>the shitter honda engines
need i continue. literally the brendan fraser haircut brand of british cars

If you're for real, I am selling my Dolomite. List of mods too long to list and 9k in largely performance parts. Tax and MOT exempt. £3750

(but I can supply a list of mods)
(and receipts)

smelly beard goblin go triumph somewhere else

charlie stop sad posting

You fucking people don't even drink FUCK BLACK WILL

Do you live in Arizona or something? A car that old in the UK will be mostly rust and in the UK cars have annual inspections that are way more strict than just about anywhere in the US, if you daily an 80s Ford here expect to have to weld parts of it back together to pass the MOT.

Stop it. You're making me sad.

(it has MOT too despite not needing it)