How many times have these beautiful bastards saved your ass?

how many times have these beautiful bastards saved your ass?

never, because I have fitting tools.

Saved my life zero, improved my live thousands lol
They make good battery terminals

>tfw have shitty old pair
>teeth rounded
>rivets loosened
>notch in the bolt so I can't tighten it while any form of pressure is on them
>buy some shitty old car
>find premo pair in the back seat or boot or somewhere

Buyers satisfaction right there.

Never. See I don't like to risk ruining a good car by using a shit tool on it.

billions of times. most used tool hands down besides Phillips head driver and a few metric wrenches

On my old truck, a pair of those were the window crank.

>18394547
>Spins out at 5mph

You can't hide your (You)s from me :3

Holy fuck you monster

they are great for locking your rear brake lines to do skids.

It's literally how I change gear in my car right now.

How to spot people that have spun a wrench maybe twice

Trips of truth. Bonus points if they're worth more than the car.

Vise grips are fucking great for when screws are really stuck or stripped out, grab the head with a nice sharp pair and twist it free
Break a bolt off, weld some metal on the end and grab the weld and twist it out too

Never, it took me a long time to figure out that I have to tighten it after clamping rather than before. It seemed like a useless peg and it did more harm than good. Tried removing a stuck bolt by just closing it by hand, it seemed like a tool designed to make bolts round. Fucking embarrassing

You don't use vise grips on perfectly fine bolts lol what the fuck man

Snapped a throttle cable at the pedal once.
Threaded what was left of it through the mount, clamped the vice grips onto the nub of cable and went home.

It was fucked up before from the use of a spanner, a square transmission fill bolt. Went from rounded to perfect circle.
>Mfw I had removed the drain plug first

perfect for undoing the dodgy square suspension top nuts. make for a pretty fucking ergonomic set of clamps

S A V A G E
A
V
A
G
E

Just once removing radiator clamps

>mfw half of my tools have been found in cars at local pick n pull

Am carrying around a toolbox anyway just toss em in

>tfw you lose tools at the junk yard
>tfw you walk away from your shopping cart full of tools and parts and Mexicans are walking all around looking at it

I use them every day for something. If you weld a bolt or rod to the screw to make it a T-handle you can apply MUCH more pressure to whatever you clamp without hurting your hand, and you can loosen them much more easily.

This. And if I need to wrench something of unusual size, I've got a better pipe wrench.

Works even better for the positive terminal!

Saved

thats haggard as fuck but it is the neg terminal so its meant to earth out i guess. it is something id do if i was broken down innawoods or something. good pair of moleys has saved me so many times

Never.
Never used one, never owned one, never saw the need for one.