/acg/ - Armored Core General

Best boy edition.

Old thread: For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/psp/960304-armored-core-last-raven-portable/saves
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for Garrison: Archangel

:y

1000 round machine gun and quick burst linear rifle is the Last Raven version of AC3's 1000 round machine gun and howitzer isn't it

I'm getting the feeling that this is the arena setup

Good idea

ACLR DESIGN CONTEST

For this entire thread any screencaps of Last Raven ACs posted that reply to this post will be up for voting. At 500 posts (or if we hit the image cap limit), entries will close and voting will begin for the last 250 posts. Winners announced in the next thread. Pics can include just the AC, or the AC plus the emblem.

IN GAME IMAGES ONLY. You can use an emblem replacer or any cheat you want but you can't submit artwork.

Each ACs will be graded and rewarded separately for:
>Aesthetic: Purely on the paint, parts, and other design features
>Practicality: How good is this AC at combat? H+ is allowed.
>The story / creativity behind the AC. This includes pilot name, AC name, emblem, and how well it fits into the ACLR universe.

If the thread dies, we'll carry on the post counts to the next one.

ACLRP's vertical look sensitivity is driving me nuts, like I'm scared to just accidentally nudge the stick and then it's all gone. Horizontally it's fine.

Is it just overall sensitivity in PPSSPP and turn speed is limiting the horizontal aiming? Gotta mess with this, this sucks.

No theme or anything? Anything goes this time around?

No theme, anything goes as long as it's ACLR. Better to have lots of entries than to restrict people to a specific theme.

Don't expect anything from me.

>ACLRP's vertical look sensitivity is driving me nuts, like I'm scared to just accidentally nudge the stick and then it's all gone. Horizontally it's fine.

what buttons are you using for vertical looking?

Horizontal turning is restricted by turning speed but your up/down sensitivity should be about the same as your forward/back/left/right movement senstiivity. It sounds like maybe your controller's buttons overly sensitive from the Xinput wrapper or SCP server.

It might be also that you notice the vertical sensitivity more because LR is widescreen, so there's less space on the top and bottom.

don't be a pussy

you're out there doing god's work with front mission, it's fine

Internally it's the analog stick, mapped to the 360 analog stick.

Try swapping the map to the other stick and see if it does the same thing.

You can turn sensitivity of the stick down in windows I think.

>Drop highest and lowest scores, average remainder, don't vote for your own submission. Last one's tricky to enforce unless someone wants to volunteer to be a slave to the design contest.

I'd just let people vote for their own and use a google form that limited one vote per IP.

I forgot how great the AC3SL missions were. Some of them long with multiple parts, one of them where you have to avoid the onslaught of the orbital satellite cannon, one where you have to map an area by exploring. The mission design is some of the best in the series.

>Good idea
Hell yeah.

So how about themes after we test the waters with this first build contest? Nothing too restrictive, mind you, but broad subjects that'll keep everything fresh and creative.

How do these sound?
>AC:V - Heroes of Justice
Base your AC around a Super Hero or "Sentai" theme

>A3 - Psst, Nothin' Personel Kid
Make the most edgy and impractical mech possible. Red and black a must

>AC:FA - Tiger & Bunny
Make an AC based on a real-life company or brand along with their respective logo (i.e. Coke-a-Cola, Betty Crocker, Taito, etc.)

>AC: Formula Front - Nippon Ichi
Attempt to recreate a mech of your choice from another franchise

I'll add a theme suggestion for the next one (assuming we get entries) to the voting

Oh, I'd love to join. I hope the old memory card's still working. I haven't touched my PS2 in years. And I'd be damned if I have to 100% LR again.

you can get a 137% save file online, and I think both Cheng and Irregular have complete save files for LR Portable hosted somewhere

gamefaqs.com/psp/960304-armored-core-last-raven-portable/saves

Are camera photos of our designs allowed if we don't have an emulator save of Last Raven?

It's without a doubt going to impact your score if it makes it look bad.

You can get emulator saves off GameFAQs though if you find any comfort in using an emulator.

Yes. Whatever you upload, as long as it's in-game footage, is accepted.

Thanks. This may come in handy.

>tfw haven't played Last Raven yet

>that PEEL when
x)

Who else working on their mech

Bump

anyone is uo for some FA tmorrow's night?

Count me in.

>anyone is uo for some FA tmorrow's night?
False Faces, welcome to earth.

This can't possibly be the best I can make it, though Patlabor's more Gundam-shaped than AC-shaped.

>Dual revolver isn't viable for Arena

Only because of the low ammo.

Try dual H3s.

Find something that can smash an opponent's leg and then go dual H3s to stunlock them to death.

This kills the lightweight.

Attention you False Fucks; tomorrow night one of your own will die by my hand. Step down or you'll be next.

Ha, I've been waiting a long time for this.

Back weapon version of the linear cannon + flamethrower + orbits = death

i'm going to bed

Why do the lightweight cores always look so long and spiky and shit?

I would have thought the lightest ones would be the most compact ones...

Which mission(s) did you guys have the most difficulty getting a Gold medal in Nine Breaker?

I just realized that I got a Gold on Overall: Melee (the final mission), and still didn't clear Proper Distance. What the fuck.

aerodynamics

The chaingun coming out of the torso is kinda jarring - I wish we could take it out, maybe make it an optional part?

No Radar & No Lock-on 5
Proper Distance 4 and 5
Evade SP missiles 5

Get to it, user, you're going to love it!

But the ACs usually slouch a bit whenever they boost around. If we're talking aerodynamics, you can't go worse than a ling protruding "wing" at an obtuse angle to your boost vector...

I have never figured out how to fire the gun on the chest.

Hardest: Proper Distance
Easiest: Run and Defense (easily one of the best training missions)

It's an automatic missile intercept system. Sometimes you'll see some blue laser coming out of your chest and taking a missile out. That's it.

I agree, but what jarred me most was not that there was a chaingun on your chest (which can be cool depending on what you're building), but that it turns out it's actually an APS system, not an actual offensive weapon. The barrel on most of them (especially older gen ACs) are way too huge and long, you'd expect they were autocannons.,,

ACV did sort of remedy this by taking out the core-embedded VS missile and added the CIWS shoulder part, but fuck man, the time we get the separate CIWS is the AC where you can only equip 1 shoulder unit?

Come on, From. It's (was) 2013!

Don't look like no laser I ever seen. :\

Thanks FromSoft.

In a move that I hope doesn't jinx us, hooray for another archived thread!

this:
Cores with AMS all have the little guns coming out in front

Isn't that the thing that intercepts enemy missiles?

>AC where you can only equip 1 shoulder unit?
You can equip dual shoulder units in ACV. Only some arms have single shoulders.

Speaking of guns on cores,

I long for the day when we can strap shit on more than just the arms or shoulders.

I mean the choice. You can't equip 1 CIWS and then 1 small missile/whatever, can you? It'll just be 2x of whatever 1 thing you picked, if you have 2 shoulder units.

god fucking damn it penny!

You could never do that in any of the games, but yeah, that's a feature it would have been nice to add

I liked the consort system from AC3. Is there any other game in the series that has it?

Reminder:

ACLR DESIGN CONTEST

What? You could very well equip 2 of any shoulder units you wanted in at least the first three gens (I never played AC4 so I would rather not venture an assumption, but it's likely that the same is true there).

How could you forget the godly aesthetics of Multi-missile + Grenade launcher? For shame, Raven.

Silent Line, I think.

Shoulder, not back units.

It's in every game after AC3, except for Nexus, Nine Breaker, and LR.

SL has consorts and lets you create your own AI companion.

AC4 and ACFA have consorts

ACV and VD let you create your own AI or pick an AI NPC. They don't take a cut of your pay but you have to pay their repair /ammo costs.

I will try to post something tomorrow.

Oh, that's right. I meant back units. Wait, that means ACV actually doesn't have back units at all. Fugg, that perspective sounds much worse...

ACV swapped back units for ready position. Same concept except you can't swap them for arm units in mid-battle, you had to purge them first if you wanted to access the arm unit for that arm. But in exchange you got bonuses for kneeling, either higher defense or higher stability.

I miss bringing more than 1 type of missile though... A shame since they added some nifty new types like the AS and VTF missiles.

what about using dual shoulders arms so you can equip 2 missiles types?

How is it that so many people have positive things to say about armored core and yet... the sale numbers suggest that these people have never played the games?

As I said, using 2 shoulder arms just doubles the same shoulder unit you picked.

Which can be worse for missiles, because, for whatever arcane reason, equipping missiles on 2 shoulder units doubles its launch capacity, but _NOT_ its ammo store.

Piracy?

Because most of Armored Core's sales were pre-internet culture and multiplayer, meaning that aside from being influential/innovative on a lot of other mech games, they never really got media coverage outside of Japan.

Now that dark souls is out, a lot of people are going back to look at the franchise but there's no new games being sold. The lack of any PC support (where PC is the most popular platform for dark souls) doesn't help.

AC is still niche popular in Japan though, it's second only to gundam in terms of mech game popularity.

The only games you could even buy to support the series are ACV and ACVD, and they're already 4/5 years old and they don't look anything (at a glance) like the "peak" of the series, so most people that praise AC are just emulating it or talking about their memories on PS2.

Okay, imagine this.

Armored Core 6.

- Free to Play -

but Parts are microtransactions

Yay/Nay?

N O
O

nono, parts are from loot drops you get for doing XP grind in multiplayer, or pay to get a higher chance rate loot drop
and you only get to play multiplayer 3 times per day for free, you can pay for more
and you have to buy a single-player ticket to play the campaign, not free in any way

Okay, okay, I hear you. Now add this:

Arena.

Players bet cash and parts. House (that is, the game) adds ~50% to the stakes. Winner take all.

Spectators can also bet on matches, but cash only.

Yay/Nay?

Can't happen. Literally gambling, which ranges from frowned upon, to straight up illegal, depending on where you live. Unless you mean in-game cash.

That aside, though, I'd be down for it. Would make people put their money where their mouth is.

Nah, here's how you should do it:

Parts can be purchased from the shop based on how much favor you have with a particular faction (including multiplayer matches) but all parts are not unlocked simultaneously. To unlock all the parts with one faction you lose access to parts from another faction. You can buy as many copies of the parts as you want, but the shop doesn't always have them for sale if you aren't favored by the manufacturer

But give parts durability. Even after repair costs are paid for, eventually they stop working if you take too much damage.

That way players are forced to switch factions often to build up a large variety of parts, or spend a lot of time in a single faction to get access to rare ones.

If we're talking mmo style looting then I would be down with a f2p AC with missions giving cash, or parts. But I don't want microtranscation p2w mechanics in the game.

Just add special color palettes and skins for your weapons or parts that you can buy with real money so it keeps the updates and servers alive.

And, a arena gambling systems sounds fun as fuck and it's perfectly legal as long as the items and credits won aren't able to be sold for real life cash.

>Just add special color palettes and skins for your weapons or parts that you can buy with real money so it keeps the updates and servers alive.

literally what they did with ACV/VD and it worked well. Lots of people bought the cosmetic DLC, especially for extra garage slots and operator voices.

I really liked the parts tuning system in AC3, and I could see a system where each company specializes in a specific kind of tuning, aside from the parts they produce. Like Crest can tune your head's DEF and AP up to 10x, but can't tune its energy efficiency, camera performace, etc more than 2x, the opposite is true for Mirage, while Kisaragi specializes in special tuning, like heat consumption, missile guidance, jamming efficiency, and so on.

It'll allow some leverage for hybrid-builds, with mid-tier equipment of 2 or more corporations, but has access to maximum tuning for their parts.

I'm not very keen on an F2P AC game, t b h. Usually, that means it's online-only or something, and what that means for AC, or really any game of that kind, is one day, the servers go down and you can't play no more.

Meanwhile, I can still play stuff like Master of Arena whenever I damn well please. Sure, no one will play with me, but that's what single player is for.

And that's another thing I find that's usually missing in F2P games. They're usually multiplayer exclusive, which is really not AC's forte, though ACV showed a bit of promise in this regard.

I'd take a F2P chromehounds if it was on PC.

I have a question: can PPSSPP play legitimate roms of Armored Core Last Raven portable?

There's no difference between a pirated and legitimate copy of Last Raven Portable. If you bought your own disc and copied it as an ISO to windows, it would be identical. It's not like a PC game where you need to crack or use some key to get past the DRM, all PPSSPP does is use a file on a hard drive instead of a disc inserted into a disc drive, but it's the same information.

I don't know how you would copy a PSP disc to PC but I'm sure someone out there has made a tool for it so you can make backups of your game discs.

This is my baby. I love her like she was my own child. And I made the emblem myself. No shortcuts here.

I always thought a hip mounted sniper cannon would be a good way to stabilise it.

Bump.

Bump.

*takes my ac through the car wash*

Awww dude, crab legs for Armored Core

I'd strafe so good

Maybe if I rip the model with JPCSP I can paint stripes onto the textures in Blender and clean it up a bit in Photoshop...

Not sure I really like it though.

Bump.

Quads already do that though.

No but

*Crab legs*

Maybe this will be a cool theme...

Alright, got a lightweight quad with the thousand round machine gun and the gatling gun with the power comparable to a rifle and on the back a lightweight linear rile and a chaingun with improved power, with the widest WS FCS and the VULTURE2 with lowered booster heat and most everything tuned for cooling and energy output, optional parts for wider lock-on and better movement, and the hover boosters.

I think I got a good AC? I'm fucking up the test AC pretty good and I'm moving faster than I can easily control since the analog stick doesn't seem to provide slow turning if I just move it a little bit. I turned down PPSSPP's sensitivity and I'm using the analog stick in ACLR's controls for turning and looking up / down, it's weird. It's only ever nothing or everything.

Armored Core been around, what, a decade by the time Last Raven came out?

And they're still on that 0-200 RGB shit.

Never heard dick about HSL or even HSB color spaces? Never thought oh you know this would be easier if you could set the same hue for a few parts and maybe rotate the hue on these and easily adjust the saturation and brightness to get it all matched.

God, fuck them.