Who /incompetent/ here?

>supposed to be a data analyst
>have no idea wtf I'm doing
>probably will be fired or severely reprimanded soon for failing to meet various deadlines

Anyone else feel like their career could fail at any moment?

I'm technically competent, but socially incompetent. I think my boss wants to get rid of me because he just doesn't like my personality. But unfortunately for him I'm good enough at my job that he cant just get rid of me.

But one mistake and I think I'm a goner.

So yeah, I can relate.

no

Not until the machines take over.

They already got automated haul trucks tho so i dunno.

Maybe i can get a job babysitting them.

Did it with forklists 10 years ago.

Built a remote controled mower already.

Meh, they cant automate everything and i work harder than everyone around me. Not worried.

>they can't automate everything
Got news for you..

There are so many shit companies chock full of retards out there. It'll be a long time.

I'm not incompetent, but I did once have a job where I did not have the proper resources to do everything. Was working 60-70 hrs a week with no OT pay. Job was absolute hell and I was getting paid pennies, in addition to having to manage a team.

I actually quit one morning where I threw out all of my important notes and documents. As I was a walking out, a co-worker convinced me to just ride it out until I got fired.

I lasted like another two weeks doing absolutely nothing (I already threw out a bunch of important documents) before they fired me. At least those two weeks I worked my actual scheduled hours instead of having to put in a bunch of OT.

Fuck that company, I lost them a bunch of business but idgaf

yeah i don't feel competent or in a stable place
just waiting for my 401k to vest and stop caring

How did you lose them business? And what was your job?

>actually competent with main duties and the customers love me
>always forget how to file the paperwork properly, bosses get mad
>forget other little details and side responsibilities

Why is it better to be fired than to quit, if every interview asks if you've ever been fired and if they can talk to your last boss?

iktf. I can do well with customers because I see them for like 10 minutes and then never again. But over time I grow to hate all my coworkers and bosses, and I'm not hesitant to tell them something when they cross a line, so sooner or later we get in vicious arguments. But I'll be damned if someone thinks they can cop an attitude with me and not get chewed out.

Honestly I'm in a weird position. I'm a data analyst on a team of analysts, but nobody has previously held a job working with data before. The same can be said for my direct manager, but he is pretty understanding of this situation since he has been there himself. The problem is he really isn't much help on most stuff. The guy doesn't even have a degree,he's just been working at the company for so long he got a management position.

The whole thing feels like a real clusterfuck in my opinion. Honestly if I were upper management I'd probably try to pick a couple of us to get rid of and replace with someone who has experience.

I usually work long hours to try to compensate for the amount of fuckups I have.

>Why is it better to be fired than to quit
Potential unemployment benefits and more time to look for a new job

>if every interview asks if you've ever been fired
Lie

>they can talk to your last boss about it
That's illegal

>that's illegal
What kind of a backwards country do you come from?
Most don't ask 'cause they don't care. HR have no clue what they're doing, they're just the basic filter for idiots

I've been fired twice from pretty sweet engineering jobs in the past six months, lmao.

Wasn't that truthful about my experience, have a criminal record (violated a restraining order), and still don't have any kind of degree past highschool at 24.

Not gonna make it senpai. I gotta get it together.

I'm mostly bad with people I guess. Somehow all this shit that shouldn't be my problem and if I don't deal with it then it makes me look bad. Since I'm the last person to touch it I can't just pass the buck on as did everyone before me.

Really pisses me off to be honest, how people just walk on you either intentionally or just because they are stupid and lazy.

How can I deal with this? I already read all the stuff like The Prince, 48 Laws of Power, Win Friends and Influence. I don't see at all how I'd apply them to my situation, only as a means of leveraging myself into a better position.

This really isn't a humblebrag either, I also just work hard and utilize the internet.

>have a criminal record (violated a restraining order)
wtf is wrong with you

I actually think it's impressive that you managed to land those jobs in the first place if it's true.

Look into a job in sales or something bro.

>violated a restraining order
Story ?

The company will usually only confirm the dates you worked there. Cause they don't want to get sued. If you burned bridges at a shop without HR then yeah it might be a problem.

How'd you get an engineering job without a degree and how'd you get fired?

Ex of 3 years violently attacked me because I asked her to leave, got a black eye in the process, her friend, my ex, got her to take a charge out on me, we went to the same school, and I ran into her and begged her not to fucked my life up, and she did. It just startles me how she completely made me the bad guy and pretty much everyone sided with her.

They were structural/telecom/civil stuff and I had experience in shit like Autocad, so it's not like I needed a PE.

>getting beaten up by a woman

Lel

t. guy who watched a youtube video

>failing to meet various deadlines
Just meet the deadlines, dude

Do terrible, god awful, shitty work, but you better fucking meet the deadlines

As long as you meet the deadlines, no one is going to do anything to you

You are doing your job, not other people. Therefore, you meet deadlines and you tell others what is going on (even if you aren't positive that it's the case) and they believe you, because it's your job and not theirs. If, later, you discover that you are incorrect, you send an email or whatever and say that "new data" has shown that your previous analysis is now incorrect. Data changes all the time, so the "answers" can change as well>

Unless someone is watching your every move and also doing your job, then whatever you saw is now law in the eyes of everyone else... just meet your deadlines. It is my experience that no one is competent at their job, and the more you care about it, the higher risk you are for being fired

Or he could ask for help

Teamwork is important

>ie accountant on payroll
>"lol just meet the deadlines even if it's shitty"
>write everyone a check for a gorillion dollars
>actually do the work the week after to see what to really pay them
>email boss saying "oopsies the data changed"
>business is bankrupt

Veeky Forums tier advice.

>The company will usually only confirm the dates you worked there.

This is pretty good to know. I can't even articulate my depth of hatred for HR cunts.

>>supposed to be a data analyst
>>have no idea wtf I'm doing

i'm the guy who makes you look bad. you give me some bad recommendation code, i throw half of it away and rewrite it to actually be good.

feels

fuckin'

good

> mfw my job is automating the shit out of my company
Checkm8

Good luck ever getting hired again...

I already got hired at a job where I make twice as much and work half as hard.

OP here, this is exactly what I do lol.

In fact it's surprising to me how accurate this is. When it comes to numbers and shit most people have no idea what is going on and just accept what is fed to them.

I actually think the reason I've kept my job for this long is doing exactly what you said.

>tfw the person before me was even worse and I have to rewrite all of their shit to be slightly less shitty but it's still shitty

Kek I don't know why they don't hire someone with actual experience in this role. It appears to have been like this for literally over a decade.

>>supposed to be a data analyst
>>have no idea wtf I'm doing
Nobody knows wtf they're doing dood lmao it's all a fucking joke.

>work in a cereal factory
>I am one of the main line managers, pretty important job
>since I became manager lost all sense of ability or skill due to intense pressure
>things continue to go wrong under my leadership
>production down
>staff happiness down
>hours worked by staff up
>all my thought
>I am a fucking moron
>supposed to schedule everything for my team
>am a weak minded bitch who gets pushed around
>for example last week one of my team was angry that his girlfriend who works here as well cheated on him
>caught him putting condoms into the cereal so it would go into the boxes
>told him to finish that box of condoms, then stop
>too scared to punish him
>didn't mention the condom thing to anyone
>probably some kid will get a condom with his breakfast and a complaint will get back to me
>staff generally hate me
>sometimes they hold cereal eating contests with the cereal with are supposed to be packing
>waste like an hour doing it
>too beta to stop them, production grinds to a halt

help

>caught him putting condoms into the cereal so it would go into the boxes
>told him to finish that box of condoms, then stop
>too scared to punish him
>didn't mention the condom thing to anyone
This can't be real.
>engineering job without a college degree.
Holy fuck,is this for real? What country are you in? There are only a few places where this shit absolutely matters, one is professioal degrees like accouting/legal where you have fedically responsibility and can actually go to jail if you give wrong information, and engineering.

this

>Ex of 3 years violently attacked me because I asked her to leave, got a black eye in the process, her friend, my ex, got her to take a charge out on me, we went to the same school, and I ran into her and begged her not to fucked my life up, and she did. It just startles me how she completely made me the bad guy and pretty much everyone sided with her.

And this is why I chuckle everytime some nigger rapes and butchers a woman.

You can be an accountant without a degree, just not a CA. I should know because I bloody well am one.

I meant head of accouting in a public firm. Or even a private one,

Yikes. This is some true wage cuckery when your own employees are taking advantage of you.

Bro fire that guy today it's such an easy decision to make. Figure out a lie about not knowing about it until now. They will take your word over the guy who puts condoms in cereal, maybe even get his slut gf involved.

I'm an Excel monkey. I am constantly making mistakes in my work, that my manager has to fix. I feel fucking awful and guilty about it. I'm thinking of just quitting so they can hire someone who actually knows what they're doing.

I've been here a year now, so I don't think I'll ever improve. I may just be stupid.