E36 BMW

Barring major replacements what is the annual maintenance cost of an E36?
>and which one of these is better?
spacecoast.craigslist.org/cto/d/bmw-323i-5-speed-69k-miles-1/6432257817.html
>
miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/d/2000-bmw-323/6398839413.html

neither of them are e36's wtf

oh

are E46s significantly more costly to upkeep? The latter one is rebuilt so I am going to ignore it, but the first link seems to be well cared for

$3900 for a 323i seems pretty high but it does seem to be well kept.
Both E36 and E46 cost similar to upkeep and both cars are pretty cheap unless there is a catastrophic failure

>323
Get a 330 faggot

why

>e36
>330

Because it's the most powerful and the biggest engine is always the best. 23i is meant for badgewhores or eurocucks

He clearly meant e46.

>He clearly meant e46
then why did he post a picture of a e36 M3?

Both of those look like shit.

With E46 you have to go for a perfect looking one. It'll have enough hidden issue to keep you occupied for a long time.

With those that look rough even on the pictures you won't even know where to start.

Personally got one of those perfect looking one with low mileage but it was too much for me since I live in apartment and can't do any work myself.

See
Or click the links on OP's post

I actually meant E36, I didn't notice that was an E46

Well e36s are shitboxes. Get a 330i e46

e46 are pig fat and ugly OP is right e36 is the way to go for oldish BMWs

It might weigh more but it makes it nicer looking and a better place to spend time.

E36 is just for poorfags that can't afford better.

>E36 is just for poorfags that can't afford better.
an e46 isn't that much more expensive
especially considering that all the cheap e36s are rust buckets you should avoid at all cost
price really isn't the deciding factor here
like you said it's all about how much you value normie qualities like interior "luxury" and a soft ride
or if you prefer old school simplicity and 'muh mechanical feels

Not all of us live in Burgerland, a 323i costs significantly less in insurance and registration here in Europe, plus it's much more available and cheaper to buy.

I had a 330ci. Owned e28s my whole life and decided to get an "adult car". That fucking thing drove me mad chasing down stupid goddamn issues. Lights would randomly go out bc they have ground bus bars behind the headlight buckets that apparently corrode, the traction control didn't work bc some idiot flashed it with an auto dcm map at one point, the electronic throttle would attempt to help when I let the clutch out and it felt weird and stupid. In short, I hated that fucking car even though all my friends thought it was the prettiest thing I ever owned. Never again.

>significantly less in insurance and registration here in Europe
that really depends on your country though
in germany they are pretty much the same for insurance with the coupe and sedan being even cheaper for the 328i
(the numbers in pic related are the industry standard vehicle type specific modifiers with KH (liability) being the most important for shitboxes)
and tax is only 20€/yr more

Fug, I didn't know you Germans were so lucky. I guess it's only my country that's a cucked shithole with displacement and power taxes.

our tax is also based on displacement but fortunately it's pretty linear
so the 12% increase in displacement only increases the tax by about the same amount

Where exactly is that?