How do you go about buying a business?

How do you go about buying a business?
I've looked online, and they all seem like scams.
Do I need to know someone personally?

Generally you need to know someone. It's usually people in your industry or field is where the offer will come from.

So you need to have a social life?

Businesses don't operate in vacuums, so yes, you need to be social in your life.

Well it's pretty easy. You find a business, who may or may not be interested in selling, check out their financials, check out their market, and decide if they're worth money. If you don't have said money, you don't buy it. If you do and it works out, then buy it. What's the problem?

There's a difference in having a professional and a social life.
I function well in a professional setting, just not personal.
Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

So, you just cold call a mother fucker?

>So, you just cold call a mother fucker?
Yes.

Is this frowned upon?

Wat? Do you actually have capital to go to anyone and say "I want to buy your business" ? If so, then yes, that would be a smart thing to do, and bring an offer to the table they may not want to let down. If not, why are we having this conversation?

Why would I entertain an idea without having the substance to back it up?
I don't have a particular business in mind, because I don't care what it is as long as it has a solid cash flow.

If that's true, and the fact you're asking here, then yes, you need some social skills to pull it off.

Assuming the worst, considering your posts here, you might be able to buy a car wash off of some idiot who's deep in debt financing one.

What do you want? There's going to be four states in this deal: 1) someone isn't interest in selling no matter what, 2) someone is interested in selling but wants more than it's apparently worth, 3) someone is interested in selling for the right price, 4) someone is interested in selling no matter what... only the middle two need brains.. maybe your question is too simple.. don't buy if you don't know the business inside and out.. if you tell someone you're interested in buying, and they are interested in selling, they will HAVE to open their books.. what's the fuckin problem?

I don't have a business to sell but I have an APP idea I pitched to a business that builds, markets and maintains them. They want 30K to do it as well as 15% profit. If you finance I'll take 10% and you'll get 75%.

Fair enough? Give me some contact info and I'll pitch you the APP.

I never insinuated I didn't have social skills, I just suggested that I'm not social.

There is no problem, you're making one.
I asked a simple question and you're making it too complex.
Common sense is relative here.

Are you a paki?

I extrapolated "social skills" from "social life". That's my bad.

Besides that, the facts remain the same. Your question clearly isn't specific enough if you're still here and haven't had an answer. What are you looking for? So you have "x" capital and want to do something with it. Throw a bone and maybe you'll get a straightforward answer

FE International

bizbuysell.com

craigslist also has a businesses for sale section. Make offers. Hire an agent to make offers on your behalf. Buy a franchise. Open a mcdonalds.

You misinterpreted something because you want to see the fault in other people.
You're not interested in helping, you're self-interested.
I specialize in real-estate, so I know the business well. You need to be specific if you want to know something.
So tell me, what do you want and what do you know?

I personally don't give a god damn what the business is I'm investing in--as long as it's making money, each and every year with minimal input. I obviously don't want heavy tax burdens, but that should go without saying.
There's one important detail that shouldn't be neglected:
I'm looking HOW to invest in a business, not why or what.
Some people here have specified cold calling or simply asking a person straight-up.
I'm not opposed, but I think it limits my options no matter how many people I may know.

No, American. Caucasian.

I just figure I'm never going to have enough money laying around to do this myself. So id be more than happy to sell it off for cheap.

[email protected]
shoot me a line, I'll see what you got.

Explain exactly what self-interest I have displayed in my post? Obviously you're too stupid too realize the vagueness of your original post, and you persist in portraying that here.

I don't understand what answer you want. None of the ones you have had so far would be successful. All I can provide is to not be a pussy and call some people, learn about their business, figure out if it's something you think is more profitable than what you have going on, and make a decision.

Don't come on here and try to motherfuck people when you can't answer such simple questions. You're either trolling, or a fucking idiot, which is it?

You're being vague, shady and have a false sense of superiority.
I intentionally, and rightfully, left out information.
I'm disinterested in sharing ideas with someone as unstable as yourself.
Fuck off and suck my shit you fucking faggot.
Simple question asked, but you're being a shifty cunt, so again fuck off.

You forget where you are. You want specific responses to vague questions. You'll find no help here. You didn't share anything because you're asking about things to share, and have nothing to share to begin with, dumbass. Stop wasting everyone's time. This isn't /b/

I verbatim said, I don't give a shit about specifics.
I want to know how people do it, and this thread has been a lot of help.
There's always some arrogant cunt like you in the room sucking all the air from people's assholes.

Actually I read the whole "room" and nobody has given you shit. Maybe you scammed the guy, but that's about it. I guess you can call that a success?

The fact that you're here, asking the kind of questions that you are, reveals you. You can type all the words you want, you were exposed long ago.

You're a delusional pile of garbage.
Crawl back to whatever asshole you groveled from.

Doesn't it hurt when you get called out? You know, people who were actually in your situation wouldn't care enough about what someone on Veeky Forums said. Just a tip for when you pretend later. That's the rational reaction. You? You're anonymous and still get a negative reaction from getting your balls blown off. I'm having fun now.

Take cash to somewhere that you think has promise, give the cash to the owner, walk out the door, realize that you didn't make any sort of deal and he's got all of your money now

You're really reaching far with these claims, my man.

k, my man

Right now I'm selling a business.

It's a carwash.

I'm selling the land and the business/structure.

3 self serve bays and an auto wash.

I make around $3000 to $4000 each month all cash.

I literally spend 3 to 4 hours on the business each week. Cleaning it and filling it with quarters.

It's really easy.

but if you have the money I would sell it tomorrow.

Where do you live?

nigga so stupid he'll still be trolled LOL

You enjoy shit posting on the Veeky Forums section of an anime website?

what sort of expenses do you have? how much does your water bill fluctuate? do you see a lot of problems with people who damage the property? how old is the equipment?

No I come on here to offer legit help to the rare people who have legit questions. You are not one of them. You're a stupid nigger and sometimes I like to have fun. Obviously you would have an objection to that.

>comes onto a board that supposedly has rare instances of interest to waste his time
You're a fucking fool, and a beta fool at that
You're a fucking masochist through and through, bud.

Contact a broker.
Sometimes businesses are not openly advertised.

Also try these online:

Dalton's Business Classifieds (UK based)
BuyBizSell
BusinessesForSale
MergerNetwork aka DealStream

as you wish

You're still asking questions on Veeky Forums, not even good ones. Good luck googling anything.

btw, in case you're too stupid to realize actual information from here, this is call a "shill"

Enjoy your stay

get the fuck outta here douche bag

reeeeeeee

i've heard the call

if you had some sort of emotional disorder, I wouldn't be surprised.
You're a fucking wreck and can't communicate for shit.

>have adamant capital somehow
>comes to Veeky Forums for advice on how to handle it
ok

You've shown your hilarious cards already.

Yet you still persist. I'm done

Why are you still replying? Why even reply in the first place?

For whatever reason, his sole purpose is to ruin your thread.

He has successfully shifted your focus to something self destructive.

You have nothing to gain from engaging him, except learning not to fall for it again.

Get some self control.

Is your ego this shallow? You have to play an alter-ego? Businesses are plagued with the problem of identifying what works and what doesn't, snowflake. You are doomed for failure.

None of this is skin off my nose. Keep propping up your own ego, and see where that gets you.

It's keeping my thread bumped, and isn't really bothering me.
He's a cunt, but there's plenty of those in the real world.

mfw idiots don't realize they're the same poster. already sending this off to my friends for laughs

Just stop giving attention to idiots who insult you when you try to help them.

Sadly there alot of those posters who ask shit like: "how i buy buzziness or how i get money for 10 billion idea but i won't tell you what"

Best you can do is negating them.

I'm not even insulted. He's just a moron.

It would help.

Typically businesses for sale are fucked as the ones making money are a solid assett and dont move much.

Sadly when you play at this level is where u meat the shister jews cunts that will shake your hand while being balls deep in your wallet.

Just be careful op.

You are most always better off building a few instead of buying a fucked business and running it into the ground

This is what i have heard

Better be something simple or that you are well versed in. My nuclear power conpany cant just run itself. Lol

Dont go mcdicks first. 1 mill for franchise...

Subway 100k tho

It does. Pretty much gotta take a class or hire a firm that isnt full of scammers. Making money alone is financial suicide most of the time.

No 1 person can commit to deals mmbut multiple eople with multiple businesses can

*flashes to tai lopez half court shots and techno.

Why not keep it and build 50?

You need to be born middle class or richer. Despite the massive degree of propaganda (which is an absolute requirement to keep people buying into the failed system), capitalism is a caste system with very low economic mobility. There can't be 2000 billionaires without 3 billion paupers.

>be warren buffett

failing that,
>be a chick-fil-a franchise owner

Empire Flippers.
Due diligence already done.
(of course you need to do some more)

Your claims are baseless and false.
Look faggot, I'm asking basic questions. Like how do people transact business deals, via acquisition.
There have been a number of responses, but you still feel like you need to derail this thread.
What's your fucking deal?