/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Cutesuits (and Slutsuits) confirmed.

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
Gameplay 7/6: youtube.com/watch?v=zNfK-YqLUbU

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories due for a 9/8 release in EU, Q4 NA.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/F250aleK8Qk
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skill_testing_question
youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
youtu.be/HkiPXvwSbW0?t=22s
youtube.com/user/CapcomChannel/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>lance got literally nothing new
>GS got a guard point during its charge that goes into its stronger charge
JUST FUCK MY WEAPON BALANCE UP

>Made the S. Nerscylla CB in 4U

They removed the delayed heavy poke, that's all I ever wanted.

>implying thats all the new shit
we already know it isnt, HH had literally nothing new at all and lance was already shown to have a forward hop and a new guarding animation in the earlier gameplay footage

Lance gets a new forward hop at worst.

that ain't a guard point. It was already shown since the day of release, that attack just has super armor during it

Hammer is the worst most boring looking one. Why would anyone choose that clunky garbage?

>forward hop
Like the advancing guard you could already do? That isn't an exciting new feature, that's a fucking quality of life change just so that you can forward hop without having to do a shield bash, barely fucking worth anything.
>new guarding animation
OH WOOOOOOOOOW HOW INCREEEDDIIBLE A NEW ANIMAATIOONNN

Lance might have ridiculous MVs, we don't know yet. Mechanically 4U's lance's only "flaws" were the lack of an instant forward advance (the shielded advance is a bit delayed and the charge is both delayed and has high commitment) and the fact that the counter could only counter one hit, so for instance you couldn't counter both tremor and the attack that caused it unless you had g+2 and excellent timing or tremor res, and countering anything in a fast combo was suicide (the main reason evade lance was superior despite guard lance simply outputting more damage on paper). It was a low-tier weapon basically only because of poor MVs and craftable selection.

>he doesn't like the weapon with the highest skill ceiling

Damn MHW is looking good.

Lance has always been the most plain-looking weapon which is also funny when you look at where it stands against most weapons. It is either stupidly OP or average in every game, never bad.

Mainline hammer is really satisfying to use well, it's basically what GSfags pretend their weapon is because the timing is variable based on the combo/finisher you use and none of them really match up 1:1 with most monsters' turning speed like GS. But if you can just hammer the monster's head like a nail forever that's a bit less fun, though it made me chuckle in the video.

The weapon impact sounds in MHW don't sound very... impactful.

if they don't change a thing I'm still happy

>forward hop doesnt matter
yes, it does. being able to reposition quickly, especially with backhops, is important and a good feature.
>"animation"
its a new fucking move. do you get that? does it register in your mind that i was talking about a move? because the guard animation is in the fucking video, and i already told you that it wasn't in the fucking video. its not going to have two randomly different animations. its a new move that does something new, and we don't know about it yet, you fucking smoothbrain.
stop bitching anyway, lance is intentionally simple and repetitive, thats what it fucking does. 1 2 3. thats its sole purpose. cool super moves would be nice but not if it disrupts the flow of the weapon.

youtu.be/F250aleK8Qk
What's the shit he puts down?

>If a Canadian resident is selected to win a Prize, that person must also answer correctly within a 5 minute time period a mathematical skill-testing question without the benefit of any calculating devices before the prize will be awarded.

Uhh, what the fuck? Does Capcom hate Canadians?

so MHW is just XX with styles integrated into the weapons and simpler combat.

>GL finally gets buffed
Hurray!
>Lance loses its triple poke
Fuck. I liked the triple poke, it was more interesting.

That's a law in canada.

Man, I remember a time when lots of people where heavily doubting MHWorld and the changes coming along with it.

Anyone else remember those times?

Some kind of mine.

Shills are out in full force today

We're taking about the hammer here not the charge blade.

Its probably going to be bad but people have pretty much gotten used to bad MH games.
Not like Capcom gives a shit about the quality of their products anymore.

Oh, so it's just Canadians being Canadian then. Thanks for the clarification.

>Implying a weapon with [F R E E] KOs takes skill
lmaoing@youfam

Fucking this.
It reminds me of MHO and Dauntless.

>actually believing in capcom
wish i could be this naive

>GL cucked as usual
JUST

>massive fucking range and wide sweeping swings
>hard to use

>tfw 1500 LBG uses in 4U
Don't stop me.

holy shit what lmao

They got rid of the gayness from X and upped the graphic level. Now it's perfect.
If World manages to keep the Veeky Forumsgs and waifu shits away it'll be the best Monster Hunter ever made.

Guys...please...don't watch those 14 videos...

Oh, just looked it up. It's actually exploiting a loophole in Canadian law. The law basically defines gambling as something with a valuable reward that is determined by luck, so the mathematical problem is to make it based on something besides simply luck.

>waifu shits
do you mean discord fags, or sluttresses
depending on your answer we may have to fight

Not at all, it still looks gay as fuck, all that flying shit with the staff was frontier tier.

Not with the movesets they just showed.

As someone who was initially very turned off by MHW at first, I think it's warmed up on me bit by bit.
What the fuck is this armor?

>tfw monster hunter will never have a true console experience again because japs only buy handhelds

GS, not GL. All GL got worth mentioning was an explosive harpoon, and possibly the adept uppercut into slam.

Looks like cenataur.

You mhw shills are fucking retarded

New. HH and DB also had some notably new armor, and I think several other sets were new as well but a little less distinct.

Of course animetards flock to that garbage.
Maybe you should play the games more before posting.

You say that like its a bad thing, the console market needs a reboot badly.

New kind of bug

What the fuck are you even doing here?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skill_testing_question
Damn leafs are weird!

>DB demon mode
>you wield the blades backwards

that's cool but kinda dumb too

With every passing day in this thread, I'm reminded that there is no limit to how stupid the opinions of this thread can get.

You people are so unbelievably quick to jump to conclusions, and so incredibly adept at choosing the wrong conclusion to jump to.

hey whats your HR in MHXX ? :)
do you have the big crown yet ?

playing MHP2nd on an emulator

Time to play as male again I guess.

so are you mentally handicapped or what

either the generic bug armor or we are getting a Stag Bettle monster judging by the kneeguard

I say it like it's a shitpost. People used to complain all the time like that. It's kinda nice that we're getting a console game again, though it sucks Sony explicitly barred Capcom from putting it on Switch just to fuck over their competitor rather than to actually promote new games. Oh well.

Came here to say this, it all sounds like you're banging rocks on something.

I love how fags like you always post rants completely out of context.
You seem to be.

so are you visually impaired or what
thats not the same armor lmao

HBG is wearing the Jagra gear by the way. Glad to see the capening ain't over and now extended to low tier monsters

I played in Monster Hunter 1 beta and I am still hesitantly hopeful that something good was created. It has happened with Capcom before. Unfortunately, I am also afraid so much time may have gone into making the game look beautiful and bringing it to every platform that there could be a major lack of actual monster fighting content.

You context is this thread.
The fag is me, for having hope even for a moment.

Honestly I believe Sony is 100% the type of company to do that after the cross play shit but I bet its just modern Capcom thinking if they put all their eggs in one basket it will work out.
There is not a single person at Capcom who thinks straight anymore, all they want to do is bet it all on the western market.

There's also no blood still by the looks of it, which is really weird.

>glave has an airdodge

Tonfa fags rejoice

>If World manages to keep the Veeky Forumsgs and waifu shits away it'll be the best Monster Hunter ever made.
>HD slut suits will apparently keep waifufags away

PC Nude mods soon.

Dragon's Dogma assets which uses the same engine as MHW. The initial demo footage flat out had the same hit sound effect and Bow in the trailers has the sound effect for it's arrows now. GS also has the horrible shading that happens with two-handers when they charge in DD

They often turn the blood off in their trailers. There'll be an option to turn the blood back on in the menu.

So LS has invulnerability frames on the start of the R combo?

>There'll be an option to turn the blood back on in the menu.
Nice assumption.

>that face
Capcom no

Rath armor looks fucking sexy

>They often turn the blood off in their trailers
source?

Wow, it's almost like they are redesigning some of the armours, as we have already seen.

>JP Frontier nerfs the hell out of staying in the air with Tonfas because it's cheesy
>It then moves to IG in World

I sure can't wait until a specific armor set is found with all the proper skills to make saying in the air with IG the most effective method of damage.

what's the easiest way to deal with yian garuga

he's such a bully, I hate him!

So you're blind AND retarded?

youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
The source is literally the trailers, where they've let the "Low/Normal Blood" to Low instead of Normal.

See above.

kek the DB intro on the weapon presentation looks like its missing frames and makes no fucking sense

Ah yes, Shogun Ceanataur, a monster well known for its cross motifs.

>Gen 1 Rath armor is back

You babbies with your gay feathers and little bakc wings don't know what good shit is

ayy the hitstun on the GS last hit looks buggy as fuck

Hunter's faces are already shitty.

see 1:50 at 0.25

wait wait wait
I missed a new video? can the flies be turned off or something?

youtu.be/HkiPXvwSbW0?t=22s

Looks like they forgot to turn off the blood here

>Blue shell overlayed on steel plate
>Spikes 'n' shit
I don't think it is Ceanataur, but I could accept that it was.

Was there new footage or something

youtube.com/user/CapcomChannel/videos

Just weapons, its more like frontier/XX now.

It looks like butterfly wings, just because it's blue and buggish doesn't mean it's ceanataur.

the difference is IG can only either boost upwards with a footstool or drop completely to the ground with the spin from aerial style. Not the inbetween where it can do a mashy attack and spam kick to stay in the air. The only way IG will reach that is if the Aerial spin can be canceled with the pheromone boost

I must be blind, because I can't see any blood.
I'm being serious, I can't see any blood. It might be under the flashy hit effects?

You literally have to push a button to summon them, how retarded can people be.